Status: Updates may be slow. Feedback is welcome.

Fairy Tail

Chapter 3

Footsteps lurch me back into reality. I hurriedly stuff the scroll into my jacket and run up the stairs, readjusting the head and throwing myself onto a couch right as Oscar comes in. “Gen I was so worried! You just disappeared! Aunt Felicity and Uncle Marcus have a gift for the both of us! You should come and see it… It’s rather odd… but you should like yours!” Oscar’s voice trails off as he exits the library. I make sure the scroll hasn’t fallen out of my pocket and continue behind him. The scroll crinkles in my jacket, and I pray that nobody notices. Mother does not notice… for once...I shift awkwardly as I walk, thinking “Do not see it. Do not hear it. Do not see it. Do not hear it.” “Genevieve, my darling!” My Aunt Felicity beams at me, her voice dripping with honey. I cringe, “Hello, aunty.” Aunt Felicity shrieks with laughter, “Do not call me aunty, dear! We are best friends, right?” Her voice drips with honey, yes, but now venom fills her words. I dislike Aunt Felicity. How such a sweet looking woman can speak like poison is a mystery to me. Her skin is fair and her face clear. Rosy hues blossom on her cheeks and nose. Her hair flows like a golden river down her back, and her teeth are white and straight. She is a rather beautiful woman though she covers it all up with cheap makeup that makes her look fake and boney. She convinces me to dress up, put on some makeup, go dancing. But I refuse. Uncle Marcus, on the other hand, is a gruff, grouchy man. He drinks constantly, and his chin is covered with gray and white stubble. His eyes are cold and gray, like a sunless sky, depicting his personality. He was said to have beaten Aunt Felicity. I believe those rumors. He was also said to be the downfall of the Fitzgerald family. A murderer. A convict. I never thought it would be me, instead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another short, cliffhanger chapter... I will be adding an author to this story... Until then, stay strong, my saplings!