Status: sci-fi x crime x romance // under construction

AG8210V

Angie F: Six

I am a complete fool, Angie thought.

Once she spit out the words, Angie realized how stupid she must’ve sounded. Asking the person who built walls around himself for years to open up to Angie was a rookie move. She wanted to run away because she just made a big fool of herself.

She watched Troy let out a small laugh. Seeing him do that was odd, like, laughing wasn’t a thing Troy would normally do.

“What?” He pressed. “Did I hear you right? You want to know about my parent’s relationship?”

Angie nodded like an idiot at his confused face.

“How does my parents’ relationship help you with your case?” Troy questioned. As he crossed his hands over his chest, he began to frown. “Angie, you need to give me some backstory if you want me to understand you clearly.”

The more Troy frowned at Angie, the more Angie wanted to push his face into a wall.

Angie snapped. “Fine. Before we talk about your parents’ life, why don’t we chat about your life?”

That. Was. Too. Forward.

“What?” Troy repeated.

Carelessly, Angie started flooding the room with her curiosity. “You know, how did you get this job position so quickly? Where did you get your investigator skills? Why do you think my father gave you the job? Huh, Troy, tell me your thoughts.”

I’m going mad, Angie thought.

Troy silently started at Angie, like, he was trying to find some deeper meaning behind her explosion. He was thinking hard on something; something Angie badly wanted to know about.

After her short high, Angie sighed. “I’m sorry.”

Troy arched his eyebrows. “For?”

Angie sniffed. “For being myself, I guess.”

She saw him shrug. He calmly replied. “You’re just like your father.”

After a long pause, Angie puffed. “Why?”

“Why, what?”

“Why are you here?”

Once again, she watched Troy frown his perfectly shaped lips. “Angie, I’m here at New York’s Police Department to help out some people.”

He spoke to her like a grade schooler.

“I’m assigned to take care of people.”

Angie raised an eyebrow. “Why do I have some feeling that you have another meaning behind those words?”
♠ ♠ ♠
january 26 '16

yooooo this is super short and I'm so so sorry about it :(