Status: sci-fi x crime x romance // under construction

AG8210V

Troy V: One

There use to be eight of them. Today, only two remain.

With a vicious attack upon Ava Vladimir and his brother Jaxton Vladimir being slain in an abandoned park, Troy decided to search for the eradicator on his own. Only, Troy couldn’t seem to track the killer down.

He couldn’t hold a single signal of Tripp Underwood’s trace since he landed back on Earth. He could have sworn his map and calculations lead him to the right location.

As he searched for his cell phone, Troy watched as the basic humans look at directly at him, wondering silently if he were any danger to their precious state. He walked slowly off the sidewalk, watching a taxi pull next to him, swearing, dictating Troy to get out of the car’s way. Troy ignored the driver, dialing Jackie May, another one of his kind, about his whereabouts.

“Jackie,” Troy said lowly. “Where in the slam hell did you drive me off to? I cannot catch any signal on Tripp. I hope this time you found the right match.”

Can you relax?” Jackie told Troy over the phone. “The human device located you to go there, okay? I could have sworn that was the right place…Let me see…If only I could fix it.” Jackie paused, gasping softly. “Where are you?

“How should I know?” Troy snorted. He picked up an echo of Jackie’s fingertips tapping against her keyboard through his phone. “You claim to be the expert here.” He pressed his lips together, wondering if Jackie was capable of the job.

Jackie May was back on Planet Zero, assisting Troy with his task. She was the only friend Troy managed to make upon his existence.

Jackie sighed. “Wherever you are, do not talk to anyone. Do you understand? Do not even try to make eye contact with anyone. I read that humans are known to be irritable. Try not to make a scene, all right? You cannot afford to be noticed or questioned by the humans.” Jackie warned Troy. “Could you do that Troy?”

“Just because you are miles away does not mean I cannot hear the sarcasm in your tone, Jacqueline.” Troy sighed before shutting his eyes. He didn’t need this.

Be careful, okay?” Jackie said gravely.

Of course, she cares. Despite the snarky comments Troy has tried in the past, Jackie would always stay. She knew he needed her but Troy never fully accepted it. He always brushed off anything that tried to help.

Troy nodded but he knew Jackie could not see him. “Well yes, I do plan on keeping away from death as long as possible.”

There’s that hard shell again.

Troy tightened his grip on his phone as he noticed at an officer walking near the corner of the street.

“Jack,” Troy hummed. “I have not seen my aunt since I left Earth back in ‘88. If I recall correctly, I was two years old when my father summoned me back at Zero.” His stomach started to churn, blistering with fear.

Troy walked off the sidewalk, squinting, inching his way towards the fit officer he noticed a minute ago. He spotted the officer rambling off into his device, walking closer to his vehicle. As the officer’s voice started to rise, the veins on his neck started to pop.

Run the tests again. Update me right away. Vladimir.” His voice was distant, almost as if he were distracted with the demand himself. He ended the call and cursed the name Linus as if it were scum.

Troy began to pry, watching the officer closely. The officer pushed his sunglasses away from the bridge of his nose, wincing at the sudden pain on the left side of his head. He seemed hurt, annoyed with his call. The officer cringed, biting the inside of his mouth, shutting off his phone irately.

Troy played with the thought of following the guy. The guy seemed too fragile. All humans seemed too fragile, like, they can’t handle pain or distress. They could only take so much, Troy thought. It wouldn’t hurt. Officer’s don’t hurt. Maybe that Linus guy will be a challenge, but he wouldn’t hurt. No one will ever hurt as much as Troy.

As Troy crossed the street towards the police station, he had the slightest bit of hope about Linus's knowledge on his mother’s killer.

If this doesn’t get Jackie angry, Troy wouldn’t know what will.
♠ ♠ ♠
edited ao august 02 '15

I had some chapters up last year but I wasn't feeling it. But now it's clean and this is my sweet baby story.

~MAIN CHARACTER(S)~
Troy

~RECURRING CHARACTER(S)~
Jackie