Status: sci-fi x crime x romance // under construction

AG8210V

Angie F: Two

The day was colder than other days. The sun was slowly hiding, reflecting on some of New York’s optimum buildings. Angeline Finn slowly tugged her pullover around herself, thinking she could have put on more layers. In the distant, Angie heard her father’s seedy voice echo through the precinct.

"The Vladimir case is open again?" He hated repeats. “Well, don’t stutter. Tell me the human who opened it. What tests?

As Angie heard her father’s distinctive voice, she noticed he was frowning with worry in his eyes. Her father, Linus Finn, began punching numbers into his cell phone, while pressing a hand onto his forehead. Angie continued to listen to her father as he called another number, cracking his knuckles in the process.

"Why are you testing her blood?” He stared at his desk. “As far as I remember, that case is closed.”

Angie sighed quietly. “Dad, mom’s wondering when we’ll be home.”

Linus took off his Thor gloves and tucked his phone back into his pockets. His navy blue button-down is still as sleek as it was in the morning, his western style slacks are wrinkled to the toes, and his black boots were glistening in the pale room. Linus faced his daughter behind his desk and closed his eyes. The crinkles on his forehead were multiplying.

Linus let out a coarse breath. “Tell her I’m held back on some cases.”

Angie frowned, whispering mostly to herself, “She’s rarely home.”

Linus noticed the time, but he couldn’t leave. He shook his head and apologized to his daughter. It was all apart of the job. Ezmae should understand.

As he began unlocking a drawer, his partner rushed into his office, almost knocking off the figurines near the entrance.

“Barrett, I’m damaged for the night.” Linus continued to fiddle with his desk. “Just leave what you got for me for the morning.”

“Someone’s here for you. Demanding for you to speak with them.” Barrett didn’t care about what Linus said, he was only the messenger.

“Whoever they are, tell them I left for the night. I have more important things to worry about.” Linus puffed loudly, furrowing his eyebrows together.

“Linus.” Barrett wasn’t having it. “It’s the Troy boy.”
♠ ♠ ♠
august 04 '15

~MAIN CHARACTER(S)~
Angie
Detective Linus