Status: sci-fi x crime x romance // under construction

AG8210V

Troy V: Four

“Jacqueline May, do you understand what I am saying? I have not stepped on this earthy ground in what feels like a millennium!” Troy tightened his lips, looking around the police station. “Okay. I’m sorry. I’m just stressed about this. Say, do I need a subsistence ticket here?”

Why would you need a subsistence ticket Troy? This is Earth. They have freedom here, unlike our damn planet.” Jackie said through the phone, sighing loudly.

Troy pouted a little, watching the human officers stare in his direction as he walked into NYPD’s exclusive precinct. He stood in the entrance for a while, placing a hand on his hip. “Curiosity strikes! Besides, I only wondered that because I want to live tomorrow’s day.”

Who says stuff like that?” Jackie flatly said. “Can you be any more human?

“Shut up, Jack.”

Have you talked to Chloe Roux yet?

Troy sighed. “Not since I was two years old.”

Troy let Jackie’s voice wander through his ears, as he let his eyes wander around the precinct. Men and women in shiny shoes and button up shirts sat behind their desks, switching their attention from file to computer, muttering unknown words under their breaths. Troy began to walk slowly, staring at the focused humans scrabble over their jobs. It killed Troy that he didn’t have much dedication towards something similar to what these people had.

He drew attention at an unattended desk with opened files and a lite computer screen. His eyes danced across the lonely desk, seeking for the words to implant onto his tongue and brain.

“I shouldn’t,” Troy said under his breath.

Where are you staying? Keeping low?” Jackie eagerly asked over the phone.

Troy brushed his fingers against the files, only to watch it slip from the muddled table. He should’ve guessed the stability of the desk wasn’t too great as it collected dust and mess, slowly becoming isolated by these people.

It only took a second for a running girl to come to the files’ rescue as if she were on guard watch. Troy noticed her face lighting up with confusion, maybe judgment too, because of Troy’s lack of mind actions. She moved around too graceful for Troy to notice how stressed she was really under.

“I’ll keep you updated,” Troy said into in his phone as he hung up and watched the fragile girl squat down on her knees, cleaning up the mess Troy made.

He kneeled next to her, gathering the papers of black and white. “I should get, uh, I’m sorry, maybe I need to…” Troy swallowed, trying to focus on the open-faced papers much to his knowledge, instead of the tremulous girl on the floor.

“What are you doing here?” she demurely asked, looking down, away from Troy’s nomadic eyes.

Troy remembered she was the girl in the detective’s office a few days ago. Just what was her name again, Troy thought, what was it?

“Just looking around, getting to know other parts of the precinct rather than Detective Finn’s office.”

He referred it to sound more serious than a joke when Troy realized that she let out a fruity laugh. Troy tried to rethink why she laughed. He must’ve said something interesting. Though, he’d rather not think about her alluring laugh.

This time, their eyes interchanged lightly. Troy noticed her eyes reeked of attention, but she seemed like the type to be too nice to do anything about it.

Watching her stealthy stand-up, Troy noticed she was sucking on her teeth. She remained quiet, filing the papers together in her hands. By the look on her absent face, Troy could’ve thought her mind was racing with questions about him.

Troy tried scanning her face again, only to see herself slightly relieved from the silence between them.

“I’m Angie,” she said, finally. Her voice was softer and quieter than her father’s voice. “If you are lost, I can show you where his office is.”

Troy nodded, fixing his glare in her direction. “Do you work here?” he asked, staring at her.

She stirred along with the question, thinking which direction she should go in. “I do mostly paperwork.”

Staring at her for a while now, Troy realized that looking at Angie was weird as if she was the untouched territory. But then again, she deserved a second look, maybe another chance. Maybe it was a part of herself to remain untouched. But, dear God, help me, Troy thought, she needed to be touched territory.

After a while, Angie stared at Troy too. He winced at the sight of her memorizing his face.

Troy raised an eyebrow, faintly asking, “What?”

“I just,” she slyly said, “I only wondered what your name was.”

Troy started to knit his eyebrows together, curling his lips down, unaware that she was probably waiting for a response for a while now. He answered, “Troy Vladimir.”

She locked her eyes on him, nodding. Angie stopped near a familiar door, telling Troy her father was on a call and that he’d be available soon. Troy grimaced at the thought that she was the detective’s daughter. He pushed the thought away as Detective Finn’s grating voice roared, dictating for Troy to go into his office.

He gave Angie a coy smile as he entered her father’s office. It was nice seeing her smile back at him, almost like Troy mattered to someone.
♠ ♠ ♠
august 27 '15

OH, NOW THEY'VE MET