Status: Rated R mostly for language. I've got quite the potty mouth.

Wake Me Up

Invisible

I breathed out a sigh as I watched people from my table in the mall food court. Young couples were walking hand in hand or feeding each other food, teenage boys were shoving french fries up their noses, and teenage girls were giggling and gossiping about all of the cute boys there. One particular table caught my attention, though. A pretty blonde girl sat with her boyfriend and her best friend. She was laughing at something her boyfriend did and her best friend was rolling her eyes, but smiling nonetheless. I continued to watch all of these people laugh and joke and just be happy, while I sat alone at a table with my half-empty lemonade.

It was moments like these that I longed to be normal.

It was moments like these that I longed to have a best friend who I could act silly with or a boyfriend I could kiss. It was moments like these that I longed to let my walls come down and finally let someone in. It was moments like these that I longed to make my own way. It was moments like these that I realized life was passing me by. It was moments like these that I realized I was utterly alone.

Picking up my lemonade, I slid out of the chair and walked towards the exit of the mall. I was never the greatest around people, so working in retail was not the most amazing. Once outside, I sat on the brick ledge that surrounded the plants and pulled out my phone.

“Hey Lily!” My sister’s husband, Dylan, greeted, “I’ll be there in ten minutes. I got caught in some pretty shitty traffic.”

I resisted the urge to grumble. “It’s fine, Dylan, just stay safe.” I said my goodbyes and hung up.

Dylan is like the brother I’ve never had. I absolutely adored him and my sister, Effie, is crazy in love. They have been married for two years and Dylan treats me just like he would a sister. Hell, he drives me around when I can’t get access to a car.

I placed my phone back into my large bag and let the hot Georgia sun beat down on my body. It was relaxing until a guy nearly sat on me. My eyes snapped open and crossed my arms quickly.

“Watch where you’re fucking going!” I yelled at him, “Christ, it’s not like I’m fucking invisible!”

The young male’s mouth opened and closed as he tried to think of an acceptable apology. As I glared at him, I realized who he was.

Brandon Tucker.

Brandon Tucker has quickly become a household name due to his charming personality, mesmerizing green eyes, and insane acting abilities. He was on quite a few movie screens and is main cast in a popular tv series.

He was also all over my walls.

His identity did nothing to soothe my anger as he apologized profusely in his deep British accent. I glared at him and gathered my things.

“Go fuck yourself,” I seethed as I walked away. How can someone nearly sit on me?

A hand grabbed my wrist and stopped me from continuing. “I’m so sorry. I wasn’t even paying attention.”

I scoffed and tore my wrist away. “Obviously.”

His friend, who I recognized as Charlie Raynor, began laughing at the predicament Brandon seemed to get himself in. Charlie Raynor was a popular musician and on nearly every talk show recently.

I narrowed my eyes at the blonde singer before turning my gaze back up to the actor in front of me. “Just watch before you sit on people next time,” I snapped.

Brandon bit his lip and ran a hand through his medium brown hair. “I’m really sorry, love.”

I huffed and saw Dylan’s car come into view. Beginning to walk away, his hand grasped me again. I spun around and threw my hands into the air.

“What now?”

“I’m Brandon,” He introduced and held his hand out.

I looked back at Dylan’s SUV and began to walk towards it. “Lily,” I called over my shoulder to the young celebrity.

I climbed into Dylan’s large vehicle and glared through the windshield. He pulled away from the curb and let a low whistle out.

“Who pissed you off?”

“You won’t believe me if I tell you,” I mumbled.

“Try me,” he responded.

“Brandon Tucker.”

Dylan turned his head towards me. “You’re lying.”

“I knew you wouldn’t believe me,” I snapped.

He laughed slightly. “What did this celebrity do to make you this upset? Don’t you worship the guy?”

“Just because I have a few posters does not mean I worship him!” I yelled as I felt my face heat up. “Plus, he’s a jackass. He almost sat on me!”

Dylan began to laugh. “He what?”

I turned my glare to my brother-in-law. “Don’t make me repeat it.”

He shook his head as his laughter died down. “He sat on you.”

“Don’t you dare make this a dirty thing!” I shrieked, “this is not a dirty thing!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Lily