Status: One-Shot

Halloween Is Such a Drag

"You're such a prick, Alex"

"You fucking know I hate this kind of shit, Alex!"

Jack Barakat, a 16 year-old boy, afraid of haunted houses. Well, specifically, haunted woods. The forest at night just terrified him as is, he didn't want to go through it while he clung to his best friend. Knowing Alex, he'd laugh through the entire thing because Jack was that fucking terrified.

Jack was sure he hated his best friend. Just a bit.

Truth be told, Jack absolutely adored Alex, but ignorance is bliss really. So instead of dwelling on the fact he wasn't getting any sleep tonight, he complied to his best friend's wishes, because he knew Alex was going to laugh at him, but he would hold Jack throughout the whole thing. He was going to take advantage of that.

So here Jack was, waiting in line as Alex bounced excitedly from one foot to the other. If Jack wasn't about to murder everybody around him, he would find it cute. Well, he found how Alex deemed it necessary to practically blend in with the darkness and wear all black cute.

"Oh, how My Chemical Romance of you, Alex."

He got punched in the arm for that remark, but it was worth it because his best friend had to let out a low whisper of 'Too soon.'

Already, Jack was holding onto Alex's hand, it was cold, dark, and fucking creepy. The line was overlooking a movie projector with a zombie film playing, cars in front of the screen which were filled with skeletons and mutilated corpses.

Yeah, Jack was going to fucking die.

At least he could enjoy holding onto Alex for dear life until he finally just dropped dead in the middle of this.

They finally got to the front, having a group of six, Jack and Alex were leading it. Which already, the younger could tell was going to backfire, or he was going to accidentally punch somebody in the face, most likely the actor.

When they finally got to moving around, Jack just held his best friend's hand loosely as he looked around, he just wanted to get this over and done with and just go home and use this as an excuse to cuddle into Alex.

They entered a large room, realistic heads hung from the ceiling and small dead children were playing all around them. That's one thing Jack hated, ghost kids or any other type that didn't involve them being alive, because honestly if a fucking zombie kid ran up to him he'd probably have nightmares for years. Kids were scary enough.

It was like Alex already knew this place, he already knew that Jack hated dead kids with a passion to fuel a million suns, so he just held on tighter and tried to get them out as fast as possible, because as much fun it was laughing at Jack being scared, he knew he would pay the price for it later on.

Once they got out with little effort, they hit a large clearing, seemingly empty. The entire group walked by cautiously, not wanting to run into shit too soon. But everything was in vain after they passed a shed, something in there was making noise, like grunting. Jack heard one of the group member shout "You jerkin' it in there?" he would have laughed, but before he could a loud sound filled the air.

The sound of a chainsaw, and that exact moment was when people flipped shit and ran, knocking into Jack and Alex.

Of course, being the gentleman he is, Alex just laughed, gripped onto Jack harder, and ran with the group. Jack had jumped, quite literally when he heard the noise and almost falling over from the amount of force pushed onto his scrawny body.

After that scare, they couldn't find the rest of their group, so it looked like they were on their own. At least Jack didn't do that, he just shuffled along and found comfort in the grip Alex had on him.

Instead of holding his hand now, Alex had moved his hand to curl around his waist, which filled Jack's heart with butterflies. He would be more focused on the feeling if his heart wasn't beating so hard.

They had to go through another room, this one filled with actors. Banging on walls, even cells. Some popping out, making Jack scream, and Alex to grip his waist harder as he let Jack shuffle himself closer.

One girl reached her hand out, touching Jack's chin lightly and when he looked at her, she had a completely mutilated face, the only thing that was intact was her eyes and mouth. Mouth curled into an evil smirk.

At that point, Jack didn't fucking care he just wanted to get the hell out of here. He voiced this to Alex by a squeak as he turned away from the girl. She let out a small mew of rejection as Jack continued to freak the fuck out. He really hated Alex for this, the little fucker knew Jack couldn't stand shit like this. But he couldn't resist the gleam in Alex's eyes as he talked about how awesome this Halloween attraction is.

So he went, because it made Alex happy and he was already regretting it.

They finally made it to the end, meaning once again, somebody popped out from a tree, making Jack once again, jump away in fear. Alex's grip on him loosened and he ended up falling. His best friend looked down on him and started laughing as he helped him up.

"That wasn't even funny, you asshole." Jack pouted at Alex as he secured his arm around the younger boy's waist again. Alex just nuzzled his face into the younger's shoulder as he laughed silently, already Jack could feel his shoulder heating up as his best friend continued to nuzzle him.

They quickly left after that, driving the half hour back to Jack's house. The younger didn't like that at all and already started to hate his stupid crush on his best friend. When they got back to the younger's house, they quickly got ready for bed, it has been a long day and all they wanted to was sleep.

Jack was up in his room, waiting for Alex to finish brushing his teeth in the bathroom in the hallway.

While he was in that state of sleep where you're almost there but not quite, he heard a scream, kind of sounding like his name and he knew it was his best friend's voice.

Shit shit shit shit shit shit, was all that ran through Jack's mind because why now? Why not tomorrow when he wasn't so fucking scared? But it was his best friend so he had to go check on him.

Jack cautiously slid out of his bed, quietly peering out his bedroom door, and going towards the end of the hallway where he thought the scream was coming from. Jack internally sighed, I swear to god if Alex is playing with me I'm going to chop his dick off and mail it to France. is all that whirled through his mind, but he still continued to quietly call out his best friend's name as he neared the bathroom door.

When he neared it, the once closed door burst open, the younger's best friend springing out and shouting, which caused Jack to jump back and scream loudly.

Alex doubled over as the younger of the two held onto his chest, breathing heavily, before pouting when his best friend caught his eye.

"I hate you so much, you prick," Jack breathed out.

"No you don't. Now come on, let's go to sleep, man." Alex replied before walking over to Jack and hanging his arm loosely around the younger's shoulders. The younger just shuffled along the floor, he really hated having Alex be his best friend because the elder just knew practically everything about Jack, even how scared he gets.

At least Alex was cute, because the younger would not deal with this if his best friend wasn't. Plus he gets great cuddles in return.

Alex pulled the covers back when they arrived in Jack's room, already plopping down on the bed and opening his arm for Jack to cuddle into. When the younger finally laid down, the elder's arms went around his waist as Jack rested his hands on Alex's chest and nuzzling his face into the elder's neck.

Jack loved cuddling Alex more than anything.

It was quite for awhile, but the elder muttered the younger's name, he replied with a hum of acknowledge, keeping his eyes closed.

Jack felt a weight on his lips and when he opened his eyes, he noticed it was Alex, the elder's eyes closed. With a short moment of obvious shock because Alex Gaskarth, he was kissing back, letting their lips to softly slide against one another.

The need for air was being obvious and the elder broke it off as he nuzzled his face into Jack's hair.

Jack may love kissing Alex more than anything, instead. He was now glad he agreed to going to that haunted woods attraction.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is what I do at 3am dear god help me
-Parrish xo