Chance Encounters

Codie Parker

She always took life for what it is. Life. Especially growing up. She had been no older than 5 when family holidays and outings stopped but she never really thought much of it. Then there were the times, she had been in her pre-teen years, where she had caught both her parents with someone other than her parents. She had been bribed, and told that what had been witnessed was not something that should be brought up ever again to anyone. Of course it continued, she grew tired of her parent’s games and just let go of whatever it was that they were doing. Eventually the nasty monster crawled out from its hole and it had showed its ugly face… as if that had been the first time.

They fought, constantly. Her parents had never truly been happy with each other, but then again that’s what happens when your parents were betrothed. It is what it is.

For everything that she believed in, everything that she chose for herself, and the person she had become, her parents were to thank. Well… them and Arabella but that’s nothing you need to know now.

The day that Codie Parker had left for America to spend her gap year with her Aunt in Texas had been a completely different Codie compared to the person she had become when she came back. The quiet and reserved Codie became loud and opinionated Codie. She tossed out every single polo and pleated skirt into a metal garbage can and set fire to every single excuse for clothing.

Codie then declared that she would still continue University, but she was going to do it on her terms and that had been the day that she was going to move out. Everything was already situated. Codie put her time in America to good use, searching for a place of her own away from her poor excuse of parents and tragic broken family.

That’s how she had ended up befriending Willow Hudson. Sweet girl, so hard working, and London’s number one valued Samaritan. She enjoyed her company greatly, and enjoyed being around people who weren’t so into themselves and their money.

Image


Today Codie decided that she was going to make use of this lovely London weather. It wasn’t always like this, a light breeze and all sun. Nope, London was known for its overcasts and the amazon sized droplets of rain that fell from the sky. "Ha ha.” Codie chuckled to herself thinking back to when she was younger. Every time is rain she would tell herself that the sky was crying because mommy and daddy were fighting again. Be known that this happened often.

Digging through the many hangers in her closet and rummaging her drawers Codie finally decided on a black and white leopard bandu with a grey colored cardigan, and a pair of worn and torn shorts.

Codie’s choice in clothing had been frowned upon by her parents; they had verbally assaulted her new clothes and compared them to those of an ”escort”. She shook them off, but secretly it hurt. However she would never let them have that much going for them again.

Beginning to toss her necessary necessities into her Jack Wills Penrose backpack Codie made note to stop by her father’s office today. Before Codie left her parent’s home for good they had made an agreement with her that they would continue to cover her expenses for university along with any extra money needed for ”dorms” and food. She had gratefully declined and told them she would figure it out on her own and didn’t want their pity money.

That’s when her father sighed and did what he did best and that was negotiate. Despite the differences her parents had for one another their love for their children was always there. Though is wasn’t shown as well as most parents it was there and it was made clear to Codie that night, that it wasn’t pity money. He made her look at it as if she was taking out a loan and the only way to pay the loan off was to continue with school.

It had been too late for Codie to argue with them any more… so she took the money they put in her bank and left it at that. She had created two separate bank accounts; one being the “loan” her parents gave her that she refused to touch unless is was an emergency. Then there was her very own bank account with the money she worked hard for. That had been another piece that came with the new improved Codie. She had her pride and she refused to let anyone— no, any man take that from her.

Finishing up, Codie smacked on the nude-like color of lipstick to her lips, grabbed her bag, slipped on her shoes and headed out of the apartment. Suspecting that Willow had already left or was still sleeping she left her a note saying that she would be out all day running errands and that if she needed anything picked-up to shoot her a text.

Unlocking her bicycle from the porch of the flat she lifted it up on her shoulder and made her way down the steps from the 3-story apartment building. Codie’s little red cooper had stayed hers and she didn’t off and sell it, she just chose not to use it unless necessary. Only for farther distances or when it really down poured over London, other than that she rode her bike around town seeing she lived in the city.

Image


When Codie rode her bike it helped her clear her mind a bit and that says more than anything. Despite her upbringing, she had everything she had ever wanted. Ran with the elites of the world, and everyone always had complied with her and what she wanted. She still was never happy.

In her mind if that’s what Love really is. If money really was more important than the important things in life she didn’t want any part of it. I guess in ways that’s another reason why she decided to leave her parent’s home. Codie had always been pretty adventurous despite being as quiet as she was, her best friend AJ and Louis had been her voice and she found her comfort within them.

As years went by AJ had contributed to the new and improved Codie. Truthfully, Codie Elaine Parker had always been inside, just hiding waiting for the right time to show her face. Honestly, Codie loves it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey dears, I'm Bee and I am
writing for Codie and Harry :)

NOTE: Made a few changes with my wording.

Codie's Outfit.