"The Very Happy Couple"

"The Very Happy Couple"

Once there was a very happy couple. They had been going out since sixth grade. The boy, Nick, would take Mary, the girl, out to romantic movies and to rollerblade at Thunderblades almost every Friday night. Nick taught Mary how to skateboard and Mary taught Nick how to do ballet and she sometimes took him ice skating. Now, in tenth grade, they still dated.
One Friday afternoon, Mary walked up to Nick who was putting books away in his locker.
"So what's the plan for tonight?" She asked him.
"Well, how about the movie theatre? I've got a big surprise that I can show you there and I've really been wanting to see the latest romance, too."
"Okay," Mary agreed, eagerly, "What time should I be there?"
"Um, how about seven?" Nick suggested.
"Alright," She agreed.
"When you get there, buy two tickets to "The Happy Couple" movie and I'll be there around 7:15 with your surprise."
"Cool, see you then!" Said Mary, off to her next class.
That night, Mary went to the movie theatre and purchased two tickets to "The Happy Couple," she then waited for Nick to show up. Around 7:30, she FINALLY saw her boyfriend come into the movie theatre; but he was walking hand in hand with a tall, blonde girl.
"Nick!" Mary shouted across the lobby in confused shock.
"Oh! Hi, Mary!" He replied casually, sounding genuinely surprised to see her there; as if nothing new was going on. "Alright, here's your surprise," he shouted, keeping up the natural tone, "I'm breaking up with you!"
And, before Mary could respond, Nick and the blonde girl turned around and walked back out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
I made this story up when I was 12 and for some reason thought it was the funniest thing ever. The way I made Nick's voice sound at the end of the story as I read it out loud was probably what ended up getting me every time. :) It's honestly not even that humorous now; more like a "sarcastic kind of humor," if anything. xD Almost all of my stories from seventh grade had an unhappy, but still kind of funny, type of ending. I have tons more, too. That was one of my first "unhappy ending" stories, but I can post more. They get better, I think. Some still make me laugh out loud to this day! In tenth grade I wrote one having to do with Mario and Luigi when they rescue Peach; and last year I wrote one about some chickens trying to escape being eaten :D So yes, there are more where this came from and I hope to get some of the longer and more unfortunate (however that does signify being funnier!), stories up here. :)