Remembering Sunday

Taking Back Sunday

"Anthony. Ant! It's a Saturday. You don't have school. That means you're coming with me," I told him resolutely as I absentmindedly ate my bowl of Captain Crunch. I stared out of the window, hoping I didn't chicken out. We had about 5 hours to drive down to Maryland for me to pull this off, and I didn't want to have to think at all. I just wanted to get there.

"Where are you taking me, Sun?"

"An All Time Low concert, where the hell else? Now, force me into that car before it's too late."

"I really love when you do this. Really. Now, get in your car before I...before I kiss Jack Barakat," he said, trying to think of the most drastic thing ever. We jumped in the car shortly after, him getting excited for the concert, and me, nervous as hell about the future.

***

Maryland. The 'burbs, to be exact. We pulled into the community parking lot and sat in the car in silence for a moment. "Sun, we've been driving for 5 hours. I'm tired as hell. Let's just go and enjoy this concert before I pass out...please?"

I got out of the car, knowing I wouldn't be satisfied until I was in that venue, heart pounding along to the obnoxious pop-punk music playing. We had missed all but one opening band, and it was almost time for Alex...well, the band to come on. As we walked into the venue, we fit right back in where we left off: Ant in the mosh pit, me staying back by the merch table.

I heard their first song come on, and I saw his face; I had to smile. It felt like they started with "Holly (Would You Turn Me On?)" just because he knew I was here. I turned around, and I saw Delicious setting up his table still.

"Hey, Delicious. Long time, no see."

He looked up, and then did a double take as he saw me. "Heyo, Holly! What's crackin', girl?"

"Could you be any whiter? And, I'm fine."

"Absolutely. By the way, you should stick around after their set. Flyzik needs to get beaten," he said, returning to his organizing.

Just then, I heard Alex's angelic speaking voice cut through the adolescent screaming. "Last time we played a show in CT, I woke up in a lawn. Like, a front lawn. I have to ask...how many of you, I know not a lot, but seriously, how many of you were at that party?"

I almost screamed, because it would have been the truth, but I thought better of it. Screams could be heard sparsely throughout the crowd, but I distinctly heard Anthony's shout of, "I threw that party, man!"

"See this kid? He's responsible for me waking up in a front lawn drunk as shit. Now, I don't want to promote underage drinking, but if you happen to get completely fucking wasted, don't drive home, just pass out in their front lawn."

He smiled widely and left the stage and the crowd chanted one more song. He came out and did an acoustic version of "Remembering Sunday", and I knew he knew that I was here. He wouldn't stop smiling, and when he walked off that stage for the final time, Delicious told me to go over to where Matt was standing. I did, before the onslaught of fan girls, and Matt's face made an O of shock. He shouted Alex's name, and I waited, heart thumping so loudly that it resembled an earthquake.

He looked just as gorgeous as I remembered. "You look good, I almost didn't..."

"I missed your smile."

I laughed, and that smile he missed returned to my face. "Still as cliche as ever, Gaskarth."

"When are you leaving, Sun?" My heart beat a little faster when I heard him say my first name.

"Before you do. We have to get back to CT before he has school again," I said, dejected. God knows I wanted to stay forever.

"At least stay the night?" He asked, before he pulled me close and kissed me. It felt like I had been waiting a lifetime for a kiss like this. He held me closely, our lips fitting as if they were one. It seemed to last an eternity, but when it stopped, through my heavy breathing, I managed to say "Sure."
***

She was gone when I woke up, but as I looked over at the table next to my bed, my eyes glimmered with hope. Not only because Flyzik's $100 lay there in the lamplight, but because I saw a small piece of paper there, and on it said, "860-982-7123. and you're welcome to pass out in my front lawn anytime."
♠ ♠ ♠
This was my last chapter! I hope you liked it.
I know, I know, I broke my one POV per chapter rule. So sue me.
The end needed to be in his.
And no, that's not a real phone number, however, it is a combo of mine and two of my friends' numbers.