Remembering Sunday

Sunday Night Scene

The music resonated throughout the whole venue as All Time Low took the stage. I let Ant run around as he pleased and join in on the mosh pit, on the grounds that he had his phone and would text when it was over. I, on the other hand, walked over to the table where they sold their merch and casually started up a conversation with their representative.

"Hey, Unidentified Merch Guy, what's your name?" I smiled, letting him know that I wasn't just another snotty tween.

"I'm Andy, but most people know me as Delicious. I know I look really weird, but I swear I'm cool."

The man had a black beard, not too thick and gruff, but definitely not just stubble. His smile was big, and his voice deep, with a scent somewhere between body odor and milk. The songs went on in the background, and while I did enjoy them, I'm not a stand-around-and-listen kind of girl.

"Holly." I paused, thinking of what to say next. "Hey, the inevitability of my brother having a party later is overwhelming, so if you want to show up, it would be pretty cool of you."

"Yeah, once the teenie rush dies down I'll let the band know. We'll totally stop by," he said, fussing with some t-shirts and CDs. "Will we be able to tell where the party is, or do you want some paper?"

"Oh, trust me. You'll know."

***

About an hour later, I got a text from Ant telling me to meet him outside by the door. I moseyed over, waving goodbye to Delicious, even though I assumed we'd be partying later. The walk to the car was less than eventful, as was the drive home. What happened next was mind-blowing.

Floods of people poured in and filled my lawn and kitchen. Music was making the walls and floor vibrate, and plastic red cups already littered the scene. There must have been at least one hundred people there, and all of them seemed to be far too young to be partying at this level. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I knew Delicious would be looking for me, but if this was going to continue, or God forbid, escalate, I didn't want to be found. Hear no evil, see no evil, go to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this chapter is so short, but I don't like switching POV in between chapters, and I also wanted to get at least something out for you.
Thanks for reading. Comments are ALWAYS appreciated.