Remembering Sunday

Tell Me On A Sunday

Alex

My eyes opened to the heat of the morning shining on my back. I tried to opened my mouth to yawn, but the only tastes I could distinguish were alcohol and grass, as in the kind in a front lawn. The former, I was fine, if not pleased with, though it came with a headache, but the latter, not so much. My palms on the ground, I pushed myself up so that I could try to stand. The clothing still draped on my body told me that at least drinking was the only bad choice I made last night.

Standing up was not too difficult, but walking proved to be another adventure. I managed to reach the front door, and fortunately for me, it wasn't locked. My feet dragged along as I found the stairs, clutching onto the the rail for dear life as I ascended. The first door I found was also unlocked, so I opened it, and saw a lump in the bed. It didn't really matter to me who the hell the lump was, I just wanted to go back to sleep somewhere other than Mother Earth. The comforter came off pretty easily, and fortunately, a girl lay sleeping underneath. I crawled in the bed and cuddled up behind her sleeping form, thankful to have found a bed, and within minutes I was asleep.

***

I awoke later in the morning to find the girl's face mere inches from mine, perplexed. My arm was comfortably draped around her and my headache had subsided. A small smudge of dirt was on her cheek, and I figured that it probably came from somewhere on me.

"Who are you? And a better question...at what point did you end up in my bed, and why?"

"I'm Alex." I paused. I didn't want her to be just some fan girl, but then I realized that if any of them woke up next to me they'd scream, so I finished. "...Gaskarth. I'm in the band. And I wound up in here at some ungodly hour of the morning after I woke up, drunk as shit, in your front lawn."

I smirked and rubbed the sleep from my eyes, scratching my head as I examined this girl a bit more closely. She was very pretty; it's nice to know I have good taste when I'm drunk and tired. Her eyes were flint-colored and intense, and her hair had that 'straightened yesterday and so it looks naturally pretty in the morning' quality. She smiled and her face looked so sweet and childish.

"I'm Sun--Holly. Evanston. My brother is the reason you were drunk as shit to begin with." Her nonchalant manner was very attractive to me; I woke up in her bed, and she joked around.

"Sun Holly? That's...interesting. Were your parents hippies?"

She was quiet at first, and I silently cursed myself, hoping I didn't hit a sensitive subject. She looked up at me, but I couldn't sense any kind of sadness in her eyes. "Well, I don't usually tell people my first name, but it's actually Sunday. Everyone else calls me Holly because it's my middle name." She lifted up the comforter that had endeared me to the bed in the first place, and then said, "Do you want some food after I put pants on?"