Status: On a short hold till my novel for the NaNoWriMo is over.

Mystic

Chapter 1: The Beginning

Mystic: Prologue

The Gods ones known as the Greek Gods of Olympus had a power struggle with much more than just Titans. To help deal with issues for them, the Gods put a form of ban on their ability to intervene in human affairs with their powers to protect them. Instead an order was made by Apollo that an order of hero's, preferable demigods, to have powers that would help and maintain balance in the world. A few types of these had come, one using the stars and their power of the Celestial bodies. The guardians of the Realms who were to watch and maintain in areas the Gods could not, to prevent chaos and overwhelming themselves. The Gods had these bodies of realms hold particular gifts. The twelve zodiacs are the main that everyone knows.

The stars and their powers were Capricorn the guardian of Psychic Power, Aquarius the guardian of Water, Pisces the guardian of Nature, Aries the guardian of Combat and War, Taurus the guardian of Earth, Gemini the guardian of Lightning, Cancer the guardian of Shape Shifting, Leo the guardian of Fire, Virgo the guardian of Wind, Libra the guardian of Gravity, Scorpio the guardian of Poison, Sagittarius the guardian of Crystal.

With this, the children gifted would draw on their power from the light of the world and use it to heal and bless people while using the gifted powers to defend the realm. They had the power to summon a spirit that was part of their own spirit and of the Celestial, being intertwined into one, and use them for their needs, like aid in battle. An Aries could summon a celestial being of the Ram that was personally connected to them spiritually.

However after a powerful struggle, Hades and with the help of some Titans at the time, created the first change in this order. He took the first person that gained this powers' best friend, the one who also was the second gifted hero, and twisted his heart. Inflicting him with horrors that changed him into the beings known as Keepers, the ones who use the darkness over light. The world changed and divided the hero's. Some wanting to gain this new power that went from having a spirit to aid them to actually absorbing it and being able to change into their spirits form mixed with their own human form. But this also caused many of these future Keepers to hold a demon inside, a power too great that one mess up and your soul would be devoured, your body controlled and you to never exist again.

An all out war raged on between the Keepers and the Seekers, who were the users of the light and users of the Celestial Spirit as a battle partner. The war went on for many years, the two people that lead, the leader of the Keepers and the leader of the Seekers, old friends clashing in battle.

The battle eventually ended in a long fight between he two, the Seeker having defeated his old friend and slain him in battle. Their battle became a legend to many Keepers and Seekers before their names began to fade out. The eventual fate of the Seeker is not really known nor a common knowledge among those of the world. After the war however, the Keepers and Seekers began to work things out, not having to be corrupted by evil and insanity by Hades. The dealing with Hades was later done with Zeus and his brother and no one truly knows what took place. Ever since then, many heroes have been born with the gift or curse of a Seeker or Keeper throughout all of history.

A small selection of people are blessed or cursed with a power to the stars. The twelve Zodiac star symbols are there power and guardians. Many fought for a good cause and others for power and others evil. A very well known one was, Adolf Hitler, Seeker of Capricorn. He used is power to change the way people thought.

Like Hitler, one great warrior fought for his kingdom. He was a Seeker in heart, but a warrior for the Church. He fought in the Christian Crusade. During the First one, he passed by Greece when he heard the voice. He didn't know much about his Father, but he was a great warrior until one day he was corrupted. Learning of his powers of the water, he used it on secret missions for the crusade. The rest is lost in history..

The sound of howling echoing through a land with a cavern like ground, rocky and sharp that would cut the feet of men, the sky of the cavern like area was filled to the brim with a gray and black smoke color. Many bodies, close together, upper parts moving back and forth, moving all in one direction in the distance. Together they resembled a black sea. The movements making wave like patterned with their tilting of right to left.

In the deep place, the bodies passed by a giant black obsidian gate, it had 2 large square pillars twice the size in all directions, of the empire State Building. The mass by this arch stopped as a giant black gate stood in their way. Giant foot prints of the dog Cerberus stood there at the arch and the gate. But the monster was not there.

Further down stood a large castle like structure, built in between ancient Roman and Greek architecture and medieval castle from northern Europe. From the building came the sound of voices.

"Well it is time I see." Said a dark figure with robes that held bones on it like armor. Standing near six feet two inches, the voice deep and scratchy.

"So you are going through with it?" Another asked, he was about 6 foot tall, a black robe on him with a hood that covered his head and shadowed the face. His body bulky by armor underneath, small parts could be seen at the back of the mans hand, a backhand protective armor that glimmered by a candle light in the room. The mans voice was fairly deep, but smooth to the tone and not like the other fellow that had a bone like armor on his robe around him.

"Yes, we both will win in the end my friend. I know what happened and I shall not speak a word." The bone man replied.

Walking away was the man in the black robe that was bulky from armor below the clothing of the robe. "Good, because I have plans that would make us both happy. I shall place her in a safe place. But you must keep your deal, Lord of the Dead." He told the tall figure.

The bone man turned around, "Oh I will, you helped me do the impossible." Said the Ruler of the underworld, Hades. He then begin to smile, his face showing as he rose his head up to the figure leaving his home, his face pure black with white markings that resembled that of a skull. "Hahaha, HAHAHA!" He began laughing aloud at what was not about to happen.

Walking out, the man stopped, his feet planted on the black sand that was the palace ground. He turned back, "Fool..." He said as he continued his way. A small Greek ritual like temple stood, only twenty feet tall as it was black marble. The robed man looked up at the top where it came to a point, it showed the symbol of the three headed dog that guards the land of the Underworld and a picture that was unreadable. "I see he used symbols as a means to also protect the land without his dog..." The man said to himself.

He walked into the temple, his feet making echoes through the halls as the room was void of all other sounds. In the center was a small mound with candles around it and an object wrapped in a black silk cloth. A cry erupted from the cloth as the man bent down and grabbed it and rose it up as he stood back up. He then grabbed the one end of the cloth on the bottom and rose it up and over to the end in the front, revealing a small child's head, no older then a recently conceived baby. "Shh, don't worry. He told the child. "Everything will be better soon enough. He then walked out of the temple and vanished from the land.

On a coastline in Iceland at the dead of night, a man began walking towards a small town, coming from the direction of the vast ocean. His robe still on and dry, but the cold winter wind blowing hard in the land. The robed man was covering the child with the cloth to which the baby had on and his own robe. He stopped and sat the child down as he removed his robe and covered the child with it and picked the baby up. Using this to keep the child warm in such harsh conditions, yet the mans face and body now showing.

His body was indeed covered in a well designed armor that seemed to come from a much older time. Built of metal and made for a knight, something bullets would seem to go through. His suit was generic in the sense it was a heavy plated chest and leg, but move well designed for movements to allow a better style of agility. The opening and cuffs of the armor, like the neck and wrist, were covered by fur that stuck up, as if made directly for winter weather. A black cape hung on the armor that flowed in the back.

The mans face was pale and he had black hair that was short, two inches on top and one inch on the sides. His blue eyes looking forwards as he held the child to keep her warm and continued on as his armor clanging through the land.

Upon entering the town, he walked over to a small house that held a farm. He proceeded to walk to the house where he knocked on the door. The lights through the window turned on as a man opened up to see the man at his door in armor and holding an object.

"Yea? Who the hell are you?" He asked looking at the man. "It's the middle of the night and you think you can just knock on peoples doors?"

"I have something you must take." He replied in a calm voice.

"And what makes you think I will take anything from a man in the middle of the night dressed like he is in some kind of Japanese anime cosplay?"

The man did not answer, he simply held the baby out and to the man as the blue eyes slowly began to turn white like an LED light. "Take the child, she is yours to raise. There is much to her that you will bare and gift as a blessing from her, raise her well and to defend herself. Teach her..." He said as the farmer grabbed the child from the armored man and watched as his eyes also turned white as he store into the man's eyes.

The armored man put his left hand behind him, above his butt on his lower spin where the cape covered and pulled his hand back out showing a book. "This tome will explain everything you need to know." He said as the man grabbed it with his other hand and watched as the armored man walked off into the near blizzard like winter storm. The man's eyes went back to normal as he saw the child. He then began to turn around and walk in after closing the front door.

The armor man was gone and the child with the farmer. Inside, the farmer sat down with the child in hand. He moved one of the blanket and robe away to see the child sleeping and turned to the tome. He opened it as he began to read the first few pages. "Let us see what we have here." He said to himself.

"Those born beneath the Stars are granted the protection and powers of that which they bore under.

There are two kinds of people, Keepers and Seekers. Dark and Light.

A person born that of a Keeper are branded the black mark of a Keeper and said to be cursed by that of the Gods. No one really knows why and how these curses happen or if they are truly curses. They rely on that of the shadows and pure darkness. The Mark looks like that of a tattoo or birthmark.

A person born that of a Seeker is blessed by the light and gifted by the favor of the Gods. They are branded a symbol on their body representing their side of pure light. A white mark. They reply and use the power of light." He read to himself.

"What in the living hell is this? Is this some satanic black magic book?!" He yell as the young girl began to cry. The man got up and began to try to silence her by bumping her up and down to sooth her as he put the book on the shelf where only he would find it. "I guess you need a name huh?" He said as he held her down to look at her face. "How about Alura? That sounds like a good name." He said to her. The girl now granted a name meaning god-like.

Mystic

Chapter 1: The Beginning

21 Years Later...

A young man who would one day create many adventures had lied down on a building and played with a penny, His name was Mako Kikame. "I wonder if there are other people out there like me." he said as he close his eyes and go to sleep. "You want to know if there are more people like you? A mysterious voice asked. Shocked in his head he was uncertain who the voice belonged to, but did not show any bit of being shocked. "Yes, Who are you, also where are you?" Mako asked the strange voice.

The voice then replayed "Why I'm a Keeper, just like you... You do know what Keeper is don't you? ""Yes, as soon as my powers awakened. I then was explained as to what a Keeper is. Since you are a Keeper, I'm gonna assume that you are using a power to talk to me without me being able to see you." Mako commented back to the female voice. The Girl then began to laugh at the man's comment. "Good and you're correct. I'm using my powers to talk to you, why does it bother you?" She asked him with curiosity. "No, it doesn’t bother me at all. As Keepers, do we have something that we must do right?" he asked with a question he was not to sure about. "Something that we must do.....Hmm. Well I'm not sure it's something that we will do. But something that we have to do, even if do not agree." She then had a thought to her that bothered her a bit, but she then soon continued. "So I guess Something that we must do is fight the Seekers..." She replayed to he man.

Down the road there was a soon to be conflict that could not be avoided. Walking the streets was very powerful and well proven warrior. He was Ramsaur, the Keeper of Aries the Ram. Although most did not even know at the time, the Greek God's were also there for the warrior they wanted as a champion. Little did they know they all are being played by them to do their bidding. Seeing Mako on the roof talking to what he knew to be another Keeper, he silently whispered to him self. "Watch your step freak." Not being loud enough for anyone to hear he kept walking.

Xian a Seeker for the Ram Aries was also in the city. For them a lot of people were near by but they had no idea. Xian's eyes widened as she sees two Keepers conversing. Now, because most Seekers aren't masters of stealth. Xian spied from a safe distance away. If she got any closer, her overpowering, fragrant scent would capture their nose. Bad for her, she did not notice Ramsaur nearby. Xian starts to crawl away until she bumped into someone that she realizes, is another Keeper from the Tattoo on him. All Seekers and Keepers have a birthmark or in other words on the look, a Tattoo. Each one is in a location of a random choice by the God's and Goddesses.

"Going somewhere." Ramsaur said with a smirk on his face that was clear what he planned to do. Xian was startled as she turned and her eyes widened. "Flash!" She yelled. As bright light flashed in front of the Keeper's eyes and Xian got up and ran. A light yellow flame appeared next to Xian. Laughing in his head, Ramsaur just said with laughter to his voice, he then opened his eyes. "Are you being serious? That is such a obvious trick!" He soon also gave chase towards her. Little did he now there was yet another Seeker nearby. Her name was Chimera, a young and beautiful Seeker of Gemini. Flying on her dragon, she noticed that a young girl was being chased by some strange man. "Hey, hold on I'm on my way!" She yelled to the girl.

End.
♠ ♠ ♠
Currently they will end abruptly for a short while. About chapter 5 and up will be different.