Status: On a short hold till my novel for the NaNoWriMo is over.

Mystic

Chapter 2: The Ram and the Scales

Chapter 2

Xian with pace ran into a nearby large noodle bar. She ran to the counter to blend in as there was no one at the bar near her other then some man. He was young looking, about early 20's, he had a black leather tight jacket and glasses in the pocket. He had fine black hair and blue eyes. His bangs hung to his lashes and covered his ears a bit. He was hunched over drinking something.

"The light follows you..." He said as he began to drink from the cup that seemed to be coffee. He was not even looking at her at the time.

"Huh?!"

"You..." He said setting the cup down on the counter and turned to face her by turning his head, but body still facing to the front of the bar. "... are a Seeker."

"Oh why do I find all the evil pe..." She began to think until he stopped her.

"But don't fret, I am no here to kill you. I have no reason for such petty things. But someone else is." He said as if predicting the next thing as Ramsaur appeared in the room.

"You thought you could outrun me worm? HA!" He said as he summoned a few explosive grenades. He shot them towards her as they suddenly stopped. "Huh?"

With that, they shot back to him and set off. He had used his power to bring armor onto him just in time as Xian ran out. Ramsaur flying out and skidding on the ground.

As the young girl on the dragon flew towards the Xian who was being chased by the Ramsaur, Chimera, the one on the dragon, flew low to try and grab the her hand.

"Grab on!" Chimera said to Xian.

As their hands connected he began to pull Xian up as Ramsaur had a sword appear and went to slash at Xians leg.

Just as it was about to, the wall from a near by bar exploded out onto Ramsaur and threw him into a building wall. The two girls looked down as the scene as they flew into the sky to get a eagle eye.

In the smoke stood a fairly tall, slim and muscular figure. As he stepped out, he has Aviators in his jackets pocket, black leather jacket, dark slim pants and black leather shoes. As the smoke cleared he came into view. "Well, seems I really am not alone." The young man said aloud.

Ramsaur looked up angered at the sight as he got up. He looked to the girls in the sky.

Not far off, Mako and Alura could hear the conflict from the explosion. They began to head there fast.

"You hear that Alura?"

"Yea." She told Mako.

As they arrived, they took sight of the Keepers facing each other. Ramsaur looking quite mad on the ground kneeling from the explosion, the other man with a halfhearted smile to the man.

"They are keepers it seems." Mako told Alura.

Ramsaur stood up dusting the pieces off of him. He smirked with a very evil look, "Well, you seem very gutsy... You think you will just hit me like that and get away?"

"Hit? No, you just got in the way, I am not here to kill you, or you would not be standing up talking to me. Seems we have more company. This is quit odd, 4 Keepers and 2 Seekers. What are the odds? It seems we are not the only Keepers in this world that have banded up." He said under his breath.

Mako came to Ramsaurs side, "Hey I am here to help you fellow Keeper."

"HA! As if I need you to help me... Get out of my way or I will kill you too." He said in response.

Alura grabbed Mako and whispered in his ear, "We need to go, this is not our fight."

"No... I wont let him push me around like that." he said as he clinched his fist hard and flames began to grow on it. He then shot to Ramsaur and began to throw his fist to the man, but Ramsaur countered that with a metal shield that hung low to the ground blocking the flames.

"Heh, you fight like a child." He said as he gave a push, throwing Mako onto Alura to the ground. He turned towards the girl on the dragon flying off now, "I can beat that..." But before he left a voice appeared into his head.

"No... I am not against you, let me chase them down... If you leave with him facing your back, you will truly die. You can trust me."

Ramsaur heard this and smiled, "This might be the start of a good relationship then... Just remember who you follow."

"I follow my self, get in my way and I will kill you."

"We will see... Now go and kill them." He said facing Mako.

The young man then jumped and flew by some power. He flew fast into the air as the girl named Chimera took notice of him.

"Leave us alone! Lightning Surge!" She said as a powerful gust of wind formed as a lightning tornado formed and she flew into it. Thinking he could do it, he flew in, "Wait! I am not here to kill you! I want to help, trust me! I was protecting her back the..." He said as he was struck by the tornado and fell to the ground hard.

She heard what he said as she flew off thinking about it, "Is that true?" She asked Xian.

"Yes... He, well he stopped that mans attacks twice."

"Well, we will have to see if we meet him again, right now we need to leave. Those Keepers seem to have some hate for each other." With that, the girls flew and left the man known as Jellal.

- End -