Status: On a short hold till my novel for the NaNoWriMo is over.

Mystic

Chapter 4: Getting Started

Chapter 4

Ramsaur had emerged from the shadows. Landing onto the ground before him. He had a pulsating thumb to his head. He winced to this pain as it hit him like a ton of bricks. "Is that really all you can do?" It asked, a voice in his head with a deep vocal sound of a man with a scratchy voice. "Who said that?!"

No reply, he asked out of wonder and anger. "Who said it does not matter boy. Listen and do well and you will be forever stronger. Follow me boy and you will never lose." The voice said back.

Ramsaur was filled with anger at this. "WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?! Leave me alone!, I follow no one and no man! I will bring about peace myself!" He exclaimed. "How, by getting killed and surrounded? You have one possible ally and even then e is untrustworthy. I am no man, I am a God." The voice rebutting his remark. "I do not need anyone." He told back as he stood up from kneeling and ignoring the pain he felt. He began walking, he was in but a city of shadow and darkness. "I'll work with this man, but he follows my orders and I will show you.." He said walking forward. "True power" He said as everything vanished from sight as he made his way out of the ally.

Jellal however, was having a good day. Having thirteen plates of used dishes on the table, he munched down on ever last bit of food he ordered. He had eaten so much, the workers were unsure were it went. "Sir, please you need to go."

"This is an all you can eat I thought?" He asked back unsure why he needed to leave. "Yes, but we have no more food!" She said frantically in worry. She was clearly stressed in her words and looks. "What happened to all the food?" He asked. I mean it was very strange there was no food left. "You ate it all!" They all said to him at once. However, their stress and anger left went he got up with a smile and moved his hand from the table. Money was left behind, a good large amount too. "That should be good right?" He asked walking off with his back to them and his right hand up waiving to them. He had left an estimate of half a million dollars. Their jaws dropped as they looked to him only to find him gone.

Jellal walked out, the dirt ground below him and the wooden buildings around with a large crowed around them. He saw a building proclaiming many weapons, from guns to swords. "Let us check this out shall we?" He said whistling to himself. It was clearly a type of surplus store.

Upon entering the door, as he pushed the door open, the smell of polished wood was strong. An elder man behind the counter with a polished bald spot and cray and white ruffled hair circled like a giant C on his head. He has bronze glasses and thin weak ones at that. His sideburns puffy and bushy as they reached down to his ear. He turned around and saw Jellal. "I see, welcome my boy. Can I help you with something? We have a few relics, but many weapons to take them from afar."

Jellal pondered this statement. "Hmm, now that you say it." He said as he rubbed his chin with his right hand and his left on his hip. He looked around till he saw a nice black sword, laced in gold and silver trim. He then saw a nice brand new black with blue lines on the shoulder part, leather jacket. It was made for motocross and casual biking and he liked it. "I will take that nice gold trimmed sword with that blue and black jacket." He said as the man got the items. "That will be 1259 dollars son." The elder man said to him, "Crafted that sword there myself, not many can still use the skills of a blacksmith like I use."

Jellal liked that sound and took the blade. As he did, he placed the bottom on the ground and rested the sword on the glass counter. He took his leather jacket off that was damaged, folded and rested it onto the counter. He has now just a black tank top, it was fairly fitted on his body because of his muscles. "Great Trident of Poseidon my boy, you are quite fit I see. What is your secret." He asked Jellal. While it was the use of his powers on a constant restrictive force to allow the muscles to take more force by the gravity he places on him, not many knew of his people. "Training, all the time." Jellal told him. while he was well fit, he was no body builder.

The man looked down a bit and saw a black marking on his arm, this being the mark of a Keeper. Then as he turned around to go to the mirror, a faint marking under the bands by his shoulder, neck and shoulder bone, a clear marking or tattoo covered by the shirt. This however was no ordinary mark. "My boy, what it that on your back." As he fluffed the jacket onto his body, he stopped with his hands on the open parts as he heard the man ask. He has the answer, but he was not going to say now. "It is a mark... Think something secretive." He told back as he then continued to get comfortable in the jacket.

The man thought, "Like the Illuminati?" This puzzled Jellal, "Yes, sorta. If the Illuminati was a group that protected you. But it is something me an a few old friends made as we fought in the Great War years back." The man listened, "And your friends?"

"Dead..." Jellal's face was clam and collective, but a look of death on his face as he remembered the past. "The money is in the jacket good man. Enjoy yourself." He said as the sword and glasses shot to each hand. The man was slightly taken by this. As Jellal walked out, the man searched the jacket until he found a rather large lump in one pocket. As he pulled it out, it was a well folded, with a clip to keep it held, 50,000 dollars. The origin of Jellal and the money was greatly unknown, but he was seemingly giving it away like it was air itself.

Jellal at this point stood out as he then walked into the paved road to the city, he walked to what was the direction of the port. He was on his way to a boat.