Status: On a short hold till my novel for the NaNoWriMo is over.

Mystic

Chapter 5: Collaborations

Chimera and Xian were in the air and the clouds flying by as they made their way towards New York City. Xian was sleeping on Chimera's back when then landed. "She is asleep." Chimera said softly as she smiled and got off Gemini's back slowly as to not wake up Xian. She walked to Gemini and to his head were he began to pet him. They were on a tall building in Manhattan as a dark cloud formed not far from them. "It looks like it will rain, just perfect for both of us huh Gemini?! Ha-ha." Chimera said to him as she laughed, playfully having a little fun with her summon. Chimera was a Seeker, using light as her source and her summon of many being Gemini, a two headed dragon that used lighting as well. But there was more to her arsenal, being a very strong Seeker that uses her summons well.

Xian was starting to wake up a little as Chimera looked at her with a smile. Sitting up on the large two headed dragon, she began to hurt her head on her side temple with her right hand while holding herself to the dragon with the left hand. "What happened? Did we get away?" She asked Chimera, very curious as to what was going on.

With a small thought, she was wandering about that man that seemed to had let them go yet chased them. "Yes, we are in Manhattan actually."She informed Xian. "That man, maybe he was just faking it to help us or the other way around? I sure hope we wont run into him again though." Chimera thought as she felt worried.

"Should we go get something to eat?" Xian through out as she climbed off the dragon. She patted her shoulder to get some dust off as she walked to the edge of the building. That's when it happened. Her eyes were drawn to the sky. "I wander what that means?" She asked as she pointed to the clouds.

Chimera was not sure, but when she looked, it were there. Dead center was a black circle disk. It swirled with the clouds, as if it was causing the clouds to spin like a vortex or whirlpool. The wind picked up.

Meanwhile, on his way towards the spire, he walked off the boat as he fell into a realm of shadows. Having opened it by using the water as a medium with some of the shadows below. Jellal made his way, using what he knew to find any traces of Ramsaur. While he did not know the man, he knew more then what he let off. A secret and hidden past untold. With the skill that he seemed to posses fairly well, he appeared out as he was in a new place. It was new to him, but it didn't matter as he found Ramsaur. "I see you want to complete some kind of goal? May I ask what it is?"

Ramsaur was not expecting him this moment, but the voice assured him Jellal would arrive. With his back turned he had a crude smile. Turning to face Jellal, "Peace on earth..." he told him.

"And killing people gets you to this?" He asked, unsure what he meant as he was a little flabbergasted at this statement based on his past actions.

"No, but they will fear us, they will be forced and submitted into order, killing to be stopped unless needed. Peace can not be attained with what they do now. War, violence... Death." He finished as his eyes showed intent, a calm look to them and a sadden sparkle. As if remembering something of importance. There sat nothing but silence as Jellal looked around the place.

"If that is so, why were you attacking the girl then? She posed no harm." This question was bugging him. The girl was no harm, and even for most, Jellal was a far more experienced being of the Mystics then he showed. But even with that, he was not sure what Ramsaur meant. Nothing was adding up with him. "It seems we may not meet again for some time James. When the time comes, you will know were I am." He thought in his head, as if telling someone or leaving a note. What ever the case, he was intent on find what was really going on with this man and what the future might hold.

Ramsaur heard him well, but payed no attention. "What's your name, I never heard you tell me yet." He said while asking for the mans name. Ramsaur was sitting with his back to Jellal, shirt off and black combat pants and black combat boots. His dressing style gave quite the mercenary look. He had short brown hair with his bangs slightly loner and messy in spikes. He had metallic earrings that were small gauges. The open circle of them looked like most that some males wore, but it also had an attentional part that came off and wrapped around the side of the ear from the bottom to the top, shaped like a dragon with ram horns. Ramsaur was a very clear muscular person, while nothing on the side of bodybuilder, he was clearly fit. Muscles large and well defined with a decent amount of fat. Far from lean, but very big. His bad muscles showed well to Jellal as his back rose a little and he turned his head to Jellal as if waiting for the answer.

"The name's Jellal. It originates from Jalal, Arabic for superior, renown or greatness. Why do you ask?" He asked back with a glaring eye.

Ramsaur however was very much listening as he turned his head back forward. He leaned forward a bit as he stood up and turned around. He walked over to Jellal as he held his hand out, a clear black glove was on his hands as the hand awaited a greeting. "Ramsaur... It has no origin other then me. It is the name I was given and all I know. Nothing else. Both parents are dead." Taking this into account, Jellal placed his hand with Ramsaur as they shook. Both getting what any real Mystical would get. Ramsaur's aura surged through with a very dominant feeling. This did not alert Jellal, but rather he felt it was from something else.

"This feeling... That is not him I am feeling is it?" He thought as he looked into Ramsaurs eyes. However, on the other end, the feeling Ramsaur got was quit different. A dark, ominous energy gave away a presence. This felt like it was not normal and very evil and sinister.

Even with this feeling from the man named Jellal, Ramsaur stayed cool, not wanting to show any emotion from simply shaking the mans hand. He had to have and needed to show he was the alpha male, he was the commander, he was the leader. They shook and stopped as he gave a order. "We are going to Manhattan. I was looking for that girl and I think I know."

"May I ask how you know this?" Jellal asked.

"I could ask you the same for how you got here..." Ramsaur shot back.

"..." (Jellal)

"So, let us go... And don't kill." He said. "End result is not the girl completely, but that city is a big place, especially since it was the 2000's, things only grew from there. We need those people to know our presence and that we exist. No more hiding and they shall understand. We have to rule them and put them in their place." Ramsaur explained as he turned around and placed his hand in front of him. As if opening a curtain, a hole in the air opened, pure darkness and purple lights glimmered inside as the shadow realm. "Let us go..."

Following behind, Jellal thought about the use of transportation. Keepers, the users of shadows and darkness. Able to use curses also, they can manipulate the darkness a little. While limited, the means of transportation is limitless to a point. The user can manipulated it by focusing with their body, energy and powers to open it as if imagining it. While inside, it actually rips a hole or door in the existence of the dimensions and takes them to a realm were Keepers can go. There, it is anyone's game. A place like this would be deadly and even kill a Seeker if not careful or powerful. Creatures of this place are nearly invisible to even the most experienced.

Here, Keepers can travel and appear from the shadow of objects through out the world, walking to them and the realm taking an almost new world form while also displaying things of the normal world but in a black and dark colored or purple shape. Travel time is reduced at extreme rates. Only experienced people can travel in and out with out walking and no shadows near by.

Mako and Alura were sitting at a cafe as they socialized a little. "So, Alura, when did you find out you were a Keeper?" Mako asked, a smile on his face.

"Well, wouldn't you like too know? Well, since you asked, I was young. All I know is that I was adopted. I do not know my real parents and I lived on an island far from civilization of the modern world. I would say..." She looked up as she began to think, one of her fingers on her lip and tapping it to act comical to Mako. "...A young age."

Mako's face became wide eyed and jaw dropped as he fell over in his chair. Alura began to laugh while covering her open mouth with her fingers and her other hand crossed of the other.

Sitting there, Mako lowered his voice to a more serious level. "So you do not really remember I take it?"

Alura looked to the side, slightly ashamed and sadden as she had a flashback. She was crying and on her knees as a very young child, roughly five, as everything was flattened. The flash back ended as fast as it started. "No..." She told him as her eyes looked to the ground to her left.

"I see." He responded. "I hope I did not bring anything bad up."

"No... You are fine." Quickly trying to change the subject, she shot a question to him rather fast. "And you?"

"Uh, oh me. Well, I was about eight when I nearly burnt my school down. He-he, not on purpose of course, I just... Well, I didn't mean too. I was actually trying to help a kid being bullied when it got bad real fast and I got angry and one thing let to another." Mako said with a semi-fake smile, hand behind his head rubbing it as he tried to laugh at something he thought was stupid. "Hey, so what was all that back there? I mean a Keeper actually willing to kill us also?"

Snapping out of her daze of her past, "Oh, I am not sure. That is odd. From what I know or heard, Keepers and Seekers have always been rivals."

"Maybe that does not have too happen. I mean I do not feel evil or really against the idea of co-existing with Seekers. Why were or are there even fights between us?" He asked her.

"I do not know, but I see your point. I do have to say I agree with you, not really sure why we do. But that guy we saw, clearly an Aries and full of himself. He sure resembles a ram..." She replied while rolling her eyes and giving a smile to Mako for a laugh. They both laughed for a bit as they conversed. Mako enjoyed this, he was speaking to another like him.

"By the way, Alura, if that guy is strong and we ever encounter him, what do we do?" Mako asked her. The thought of having to face the man bugged him a little. He had never met anyone like him, let alone a group at one in the same area. It came to him as odd. Not only that, but the man was seemingly hell bent on finishing whatever he was committed too. "And that other guy, the dark hair and jacket. He seemed to have come from that wall right at the man but left to the girls on the dragon as if they were teaming up. He also seemed to have a mark on him as a Keeper."

"Yea, I noticed. I am not sure, but the other guy might be an Aries. But if he made that hole, he could be like me." She responded.

"What is that?" He questioned her.

"Libra. That would not only add to the strange meeting we seemed to have over there. But two Keepers that are also Libra, odd." She told him.

"Well, maybe we could train a little. Get strong." Mako suggested.

Alura had to admit, it was not a bad idea. Better to well prepared for anything then end up being killed. "Yea, why not? Do you know a good place?"
This caused Mako to think for a bit. "Hmm, not really."

"Well, I got a place. It is also were I got for some quite time." She said smiling as she got up. she twirled a round to go to the door. Mako really had no other option then to follow. He sat there and counted the total and left a few dollars.

"I only have coins." He said to himself, but ti was still enough. But the waitress would end up counting quite the coin amount. As he left the building, walking out he saw Alura skipping along the sidewalk and into an ally. "Well isn't she peachy. Not even waiting for me." He said to himself while giving a face that showed his annoyance. "Like watching a little kid." He made his way to the ally, but she was not there. It was very narrow and dark, but as he took a step in what looked like a dark puddle of god knows what, he felt his foot fall in. The puddle grew to allow his body to fit as Alura was holding that foot. He fell from what seemed to be 6 feet in the air and onto the ground. The place he was in was dark, cold and rather silent.

"Welcome to the shadow realm Mako." She told him crossing her arms. "Ever been here before?"

"No, I do not really know too much about it. But this place seems weird." he told her as he looked around. Soon, tiny strings light neon blue as they seemed to be branches or leaves of some type of weeping willow like tree. Something out of a movie that James Cameron might use for his Avatar movies. But Mako disliked the second one that came out, even if it was a classic. Nothing beat James Cameron's first one. But the movies were also very old. As the lights came on, Alura reached for some and brushed them aside revealing a cliff into what was a small valley or bowel between walls of cliffs and trees.

"So that is some arena we will be in or something?" He asked as he stood up.

"Ha-ha, yes silly. Would you want to hurt innocent people in that town?" She waited for him to answer but butted in. "Didn't think so." Alura led him down the cliff were she had him stand a little ways away from her, almost to the other side of the wall. "Now... Come at me." She said to him in a rather cocky attitude to him.

Chimera and Xian in New York as Jellal and Ramsaur make there way there. Only time will tell the tale of the coming hour. However, as things unfold, a young girl, pink long hair in a brushed style and white skirt, leggings, sandal shoes and top with long elbow gloves sat on top of a building were a black door begins to enter in the sky. The storm brewing harder and harder as she sat on the edge with her pink eyes. Her thighs touching as her legs spread in such a girly fashion as her left hand was on the edge were she was sitting as a form of support and her right in front of her mouth, her fingers covering as she began laughing aloud. "Ha-ha-ha, ha-ha-ha, Ha-ha-ha!" The odd laugh gave out as she watched the storm and the coming threat. She clearly knew more then what she was giving as she frankly seemed to think it was funny.

- End -