Status: On a short hold till my novel for the NaNoWriMo is over.

Mystic

Chapter 7: Duel

Mystic

Chapter 7: Duel

The realm filled with a dusty air. Mako's body was tossed through the air and landed on his back upon the dusty ground.One eye closed fro ma wince of the pain. "Ah, damn you hit hard." He said as he looked up at her while rising up. He began to dust himself clean as he padded his knees and then shoulders. He sighed loudly before talking. "Alright, I wont miss this time." He said to Alura.

Alura had a straight calm face at Mako, upon his statement to her, she gave a small smile. "Well, we will see wont we?" She responded. Mako with this statement began a small jog and then begun his way into a sprint. He held his right hand out to his side and formed a fist. The flames begun to form on part of his fist as if starting to combusted.

"Ahhh!!" He let his battle cry let out in a roar as his fist became covered in flames and he cocked his arm back and his left arm rose with the motion of his right, going up in front of him, between him and Alura as if holding a shield. Mako then thrust his entirety of his fist to her face. Just before it would seem to touch her, it acted like an inferno bomb, exploding with a mass of flames and a blast of force with it. His body tilting forward, right dipping down more, as his motion came to a stop. He then slid his left foot out and shot it towards her side.

Suddenly, when he thought he had it, his foot was stopped, it was then he felt the force of his body being swung around in circles and tossed like a rag doll. The only think Mako could think of was reaching his hands out and sliding them on the ground to get a hold of something and stop the movement and landing on his feet.

Now stopped and panting from the surprise, he look up at the smoke clearing from his attack. His eyes got serious and frustrated. "Damn, she must have used some kind of force or barrier with gravity to stop it. But how?" He thought to himself.

"You see Mako, people have this concept that gravity users can make things heavier or lighter. But none of that is the full truth. You see, gravity is the force caused by something, like an object with mass. The object with mass gains a gravity pull. The gravity acts like the force that pulls or pushes with that masses weight. My simply creating a gravity spot, or a center spot that can gain gravity, I can redirect easily the flow of the gravity to the area I want. This is fundamental. With experience, you can use it in an almost perfect style of force. Similar to that of the Star Wars world or how some Capricorns use their mind powers for force like attacks.
I can make a graviton flow and bend it as I please, as such this allowed me to manipulate the flow in such a way that it makes a barrier of protection from the blast. But, I was not expecting the explosion and was lucky." She explained. Telling Mako her idea and thoughts on the works of her powers and how gravity works.

"Tsk... I wont let you beat me so easily. Ahhh!" he yelled running at her. He repeated the same thing this time. Alura gaining a smirk from this action.

"You don't learn do you?" She said as she then witnessed something else. Making his way, he ave a hard smile as he placed his foot on the ground like most in a run, only he slipped through and covered in a mass of shadows on the way down. "What?!" She said. "!!!"

Suddenly, below shot out Mako with his fist, the flames blowing off as he jabbed his fist into her bottom chin. She looked down last second as she closed her eyes from the force and the pain and tossed in the air by the punch. But, before she did, Mako charged his fist with the fires of hell. "Dragons Fist!" Mako yelled as his fist found its way into Alura's gut. This with the force of his earlier punch, sent her into the air and on the ground. Laying on her back, he tried to catch his breath. "How was that?" He asked.

Getting up, Her shirt was burnt, leaving only a hole in the shirt showing her stomachs skin. There was not much there other then a few marks from the flames, but not even at a burnt skin level. "That was good..." She began. Mako stunned at how little damage there was. "But you need to focus more." With that, she raised her arm in the air in front of her face. It started to glow a dark purple and black. "My turn." She said as she bent down and jumped and slammed her fist onto the ground. The shadow like ground cracking and breaking apart as they went up into the air by the blast of the punches force.

Mako jumped upon impact and crossed his arms in front in a blocking manner. The rubble flew from the source as Mako tried to protect himself. "Th... This is intense... How can I beat her when she can break the damn earth!?" Mako though aloud in his head. Mako landed and pushed of, rushing towards her with his fist. Smoke running off as he threw his right fist to her face. She bent to the side slightly of her right, but his left, using her right hand to gently push on his forearm. He shot his other, his left, arm to her lower check.

Alura caught on quickly and jumped back, just as the fist passed by her face. Even though there was no flames, she felt heat. "Heat!? But there's nothing there." She thought to herself as she planted her feet onto the grounds surface. "I see. You do seem to have skill, but..." Alura took notice of Mako's face. A look of worry.

"I feel sick." He said as he looked at her. A weak smile portrayed upon his face.

"Well, we have been in here a while." She said walking to him and placing her hand on him as they had a wave of shadows fall onto them as it washed off and they where in a small ally. Next door was a food shop and next too that was a outlet store. "I'll grab something from the store, you just rest real fast." She told him.

Mako nodded to this as he watched her leave him. He got up and exited the ally as well when he heard the TV next door at the food shop. It look strange, but then he felt shock wash over him. "That's New York..." He said as he watched the helicopter News team fly high up trying to record what looked like objects floating in the air, then a
clip of what seemed to be two black objects fall from the sky while leaving a trail behind them.

NEWS: "Diane, it seems the police have marked a quarantine zone of a total 200 blocks, while blocking further. Almost closing half the island off from the cause. They wont explain what ti is, but they say to stay indoors and call police or the hotline. They said to call if you are in the area." The reporter said in the helicopter.

"Eh! I need to there now!" Suddenly he felt a sharp pain to his gut. Grabbing it with his let arm, he winced at the pain. He began to think about Alura and to get her. "No time, I need to go now before anyone gets hurt!" He yelled as he jumped back to the ally and through the shadow. Heading to New York, he was falling through the shadows like it was a deep well.

As Mako fell through, he body shaped like a dart for speed with his hands together in the air, dragging off. His legs together and pointing towards the bottom as a end came in his view. And with that, he popped out of the realm. To the outside, Mako flew across the view of the national guard. This left them dumfounded, but they watched the object shoot into a pile of trash.

Mako eventually got up and dusted himself off. Then he felt the pain again."Are you OK?" The soldier in charge asked. "Who are you and where did you come from!?"

Mako only had time to stand up and look at them. Clearly blocking something off. "That must be it." Mako thought. "Look, I can explain later, but right now I am on your side." he said as he started a job and ran into the area.

"Wait!" The soldier said as the group pointed their guns to Mako. Mako ignored this as he left them watching him run in. "We have a runner, but... He ran inside. Sargent Major, what are your orders?"

The microphone gave a reply back. "Let him go, his death wish, but don't let anyone else. We can not make it seem like it is a normal thing. But, there are people inside already." The voice said.

"Yes Sargent Major. Men, hold this area, shoot anyone that comes out and goes in this time." The men agreed.

Mako was running in, the streets abandoned as he made his way to the ever growing situation, going based on the location of the helicopters view of the area. "I have to stop them." He said aloud as he ran down the street.

- End -

Next: Chapter 8: Colliding Stars 1
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait guys! It will be back up again.