Status: short story because feels

Ephemeral

two

The moment he entered his bedroom he was tearing it apart.

“It’s here somewhere,” he said quickly, throwing things from his shelf onto the floor. “I know that it’s here somewhere!”

“Ted?” Victoire questioned, looking at her friend in alarm. “What is, Teddy?”

He ignored her, letting out a groan as he threw things across the room, beginning to grow restless. When his shelf was empty he dropped to his knees, hands scrambling about on the floor, picking up pieces of clothing and then throwing them to the side.

“Teddy?” she pressed again.

He was desperate by now, worried that he’d lost it — that he’d lost the only chance he had at knowing his father. It was just like him, too. Just like him to screw things up. Just like him to ruin things. Just like him to-

“Teddy!”

He buried his head in his hands, chest tight as he let out a groan. “It’s not here! I can’t find it,” he said anxiously, pulling at his hair with quivering fingers. The strands were turning from red to blue; changing about with his restless mood, and he tugged at them relentlessly, panic bubbling up in his stomach.

“What’s not here?” Victoire asked worriedly, dropping to her knees beside him. “Teddy?” she asked again, placing her hand over his and intertwining their fingers.

His shoulders dropped a little and his hair settled on a dull blue colour, and he turned to look at Victoire with a forlorn expression. “The bottle,” he explained. “It has my father’s memories. I want to see them.”

Smiling slightly, she pulled her wand out of her pocket. “Honestly, Teddy,” she scolded, raising her wand in her hand, “it’s like you forget that you’re a wizard.” With that said, she quickly muttered “accio bottle,”, and they both watched as the bottle flew towards her until it was resting in her outstretched hand.

Teddy beamed, immediately leaning forward and pressing his lips against hers in gratitude. When he pulled away her face was as red as a tomato, and he quickly grabbed the bottle from her fingers and leapt to his feet. “C’mon then,” he told her, raising his eyebrows when he saw how stiff she was. “Let’s go.”

“Right,” she said quickly, her cheeks still red as she pushed herself onto her feet. “The bottle.”

He was so caught up in his anticipation that he didn’t realise what he’d just done.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aren't they being cute?

Sorry for the long gap between updates. I decided I needed a hiatus after NaNo, but I'm back now and this story's up and running. (: I love you all for the feedback! I really appreciate it.