Status: i was sad so i wrote a thing, it didnt really help

Time

1/1

“We don’t have a lot of time,” She said, quietly. This confused me. Of course we had time. It was two in the morning, we were at a park. Our favorite park. The one with the playground, and lots of benches and a bridge that went over a stream.

“What do you mean? We have all the time in the world.” Wrong move.

She spun around and looked down at me from her perch on the bench where she was previously walking on.

“No we don’t. Don’t you get it? We have no time at all. Our lives are only a second -if that- compared to the the world, and the world’s time is only a moment in the universe. We are specks of dust destine to die in a unforgiving and uncaring world. We are irrevent beings that pretend to own everything to cope, and we are slowly destroying ourselves and the things that we want to control.”

She stared at me for a moment, before going back to walking to the far side of the bench, arms out to her side as if she needed to keep balance, then spinning around and walking back, repeating this action as I watched from the sidewalk.

“God created earth because He was bored.” She spoke in a tone that was neither sad, or angry. A tone that sounded like she knew this for a fact, like she was sad at one point but got over it.

“He was bored, so he made toys, and gave them faulty brains that don’t actually think for themselves and He put us in a playpen, and told us to do whatever we want. So we made cities and countries and empires and we burned them to the ground, and made new ones on the ashes.” She reached the end of the bench, and started turning around, careful not to fall, not that I think she would care.

“And as we did this, God sat back and laughed, and gave us problems to solve and things to hate and He laughed, and we fucking danced for him. We are his toys and we can’t beat Him, because even if we live forever, we can’t beat a bodiless being.” She was starting to sound angry, but I let her continue. I always did.

“We can’t beat God like this. But I will. God was bored when He started this game, and I’m bored so I’ll finish it.” She jumped off the end of the bench and started walking away. She did that a lot, started a conversation then ended it. The aura of mystery attracted her, I think. Made her feel in control. I watched as she disappeared into the darkness, until I couldn’t tell if I was looking at her back or at nothing.

The next time I saw her, it was her water-logged body on a slab at a morgue because the police called me in to identify her body.

Sometimes I like to pretend she beat God.
♠ ♠ ♠
i was sad so i did a thing it didn't really help but my friend told me it was good so yeah hooray
[cool kid voice] school sucks i hate it