Status: Completed

All I Wanted Was You

Brick By Brick By Brick

2020
Tony never thought in a million years that things would come to this. In the back of his mind, he knew that he should have known this would happen. She warned him right from the start. Those few minutes on his bands bus became the biggest mistake of his life. All these years with the women he loved more than anything now seemed like nothing because that was how she made it feel. Tony was nothing to her and it was all his fault.

"If we cannot come to some sort of an agreement, we will have to take this to court." One lawyer said.

"Like that will do much good, one side of the party doesn't even have a lawyer." Another replied, not hiding the fact that he was glaring right at Tony.

"I don't need a need a laywer because I am not allowing this to happen. I am not getting a divorce."

"Well, you should have thought about that before you stuck your dick in some random whore." Those were the first words Zooey said since they entered the room hours ago. Her lawyers, and father, did all the talking. She had four lawyers to be exact, while Tony sat with zero. It was all her fathers idea of course. Vincent hated Tony. He jumped at the opportunity to get rid of him. Tony was convinced Vincent threw a party in his name when he heard Tony cheated on his daughter.

Zooey looked up from the table and over at Tony for the first time in weeks. He ran his hands over his face. Then, into his over grown hair. Three months ago was when this all began. Not the lawyers and the legal mess, but the fighting, the heart break, the end. Three months Tony has been in misery without his wife. He barely ate, hardly slept, and kept in contact with no one. He felt himself slipping away, but didn't care. He needed her.

It all started one night at their very own house, on their very own daughters birthday. Tony received a phone call during the party that was being held outside around the pool, and he was no where to be found. Zooey took it upon herself to answer the unidentified number as it rang in the island in their kitchen. A women was on the other line, and after hearing Zooey on the other end, knowing she was Tony's wife, she purposely identified herself as 'Tony's girlfriend'. What Zooey thought to be lies as she instantly hung up on the women after a few minutes of speaking with her, she found truth in later that night. Tony confessed to the drunken night on Pierce The Veil's tour bus. Even though it was only one foolish time, that was enough for Zooey. The next morning, Tony had a bag packed and he was gone.

"I'm sorry." He whispered softly, as he stared at her ringless finger that rested on the table across from him. After the party ended, everyone left, and Tony confessed, she ripped the ring off her finger and threw it across the room, claiming it meant nothing to her anymore. The ring now rested in Tony's pocket. He kept it on him at all times because he was convinced she would ask for it back one day and they would be together once more.

"Get a lawyer Tony, and stop wasting my fucking time." She glared back at him. Knowing what he gaze was fixed upon, she removed her hands from the table and placed them on her lap.

"Zooey, I..."

She cut him off as she stood from the table, the lawyers and her father followed the motion so he thought to do the same. She walked around the table and towards the door but stopped infront of him, "Please stop making this harder then it needs to be, Tony." Her voice was soft and comforting but those weren't the words he wanted to hear. Once she and the lawyers exited the room, her father lingered behind.

"Get a lawyer punk, and sign those fucking papers, or this will go to court and I will take every last thing in your pathetic name, including my granddaughter."

Tony found himself speechless at Vincent's cold words. His eyes widened as he was speechless. There was no way in hell Zooey would allow that, but this was already so much out of her hands. It was Vincent who called those lawyers that were already on his pay roll. Vincent wanted this to go to court. He wanted to destroy Tony as he saw that Tony destroyed his daughter.

After that alltercation, Tony called up Vic and asked him to find him a lawyer. It had been two weeks since Tony had spoken to his band but they didn't take it personal. These days, Tony just wanted to be alone. He felt saddness constantly, and nothing but his daughter, Skylar, brightened his few days with her. Tony only got her Friday night - Sunday night and it killed him.

"Yeah, don't worry about it dude. I know someone who can help you."

"Thanks." He mumbled back, walking to his car in the parking lot.

"Everything is going to be alright, Tony." Vic tried to reassure him but even he knew his words weren't much help. He had to try though.

"Okay....well I have to go."

"Come by sometime next week or something." He slipped in before Tony could hang up, "We're working on some new material. Maybe for a new album."

"If I have time." He voice was void of all emotion causing Vic to frown on the other end of the line.

"Alright man."

Tony hung up after that. He didn't want to talk anymore. Music didn't feel the same anymore and he certainly didn't want to talk about writing another damn album so he could go on another damn tour which was the reason he was in this damn mess to begin with.

The next day was Friday, much to Tony's liking. It meant that he got to go back to his old home that he shared with Zooey and pick up his daughter. Zooey was never home when he come. He knew that she purposely worked her schedule around so that she was busy during his pick up and drop off, leaving Skylar with her nanny. At 6:12 PM, Tony parked outside the mansion's large driveway and slowly walked up the steps to his old home. It was large. Larger than needed. With the money Zooey made, that's what it bought her.

Three stories, seven bedrooms, twelve bathrooms, one over sized kitchen, a full game room and movie theatre in the basement, an eight car garage, and her dream bedroom suite. She had bought the house one year proir to meeting Tony back in 2011 just to celebrate her being worth one hundred million dollars.

It was a near blank canvas when Tony and her started dating but over the years, it became a home as they decorated it to their liking, but mostly hers, medieval yet slightly modern. Almost like a castle you would find in a fairy tale or Harry Potter. Tony didn't care about what it looked like. As long as it came with her inside and later his daughter, he didn't care.

He rang the door as he no longer had a key and waited for, Isabelle, the nanny to answer the door. Tony's heart nearly stopped when the door was unlocked and pulled open. Zooey stood on the other side with her phone to her ear, gesturing for Tony to come inside. After Tony collected himself, he stepped into the house, and shut the door behind him.

"Hold on one second." Zooey said into the phone, "I said, hold on." Her voice was firm and caused the person on the other end to instantly shut up. She pulled it from her ear and directed her attention back to Tony, "Skye is upstairs in her room. Isabelle wasn't feeling too well and didn't want to risk getting her sick, so she is not here." She explained.

Tony didn't give two shits about Isabelle or why she wasn't there. Sure, he felt bad for the ill woman, but only saw her sickness as a blessing since he got to see his wife. "Can I talk to you?" He asked, nodding to the phone in her hand.

"Oh...yeah." She lifted it back to her ear, "I'll call you back later, Ruben." Then hung up before the poor man could respond. "Just some business...going over last minute designs and changes. I would be doing it in person if it weren't for Isabelle, but..yeah."

"Umm..." Tony didn't really expect her to say yes to talking. He didn't really have anything important to tell her. He just wanted to prolong their time together in any pathetic way possible. Then he remembered the perfect topic, "I got a lawyer." He said.

Her eyebrows knitted together and she bit her lower lip. Normally, that face would drove Tony mad. He suddenly imagined grabbing her and wrapping his arms tightly around her small yet tall frame, then slamming his lips onto her own. He craved her touch, her feel, her taster. Zooey noticed his mind wonder off so she brought him back down, "Tony?"

He snapped out of it, "Yeah?"

"You got a lawyer?"

"Oh...ye...yeah. I.." He took in a deep breath, and was about to start speaking again, but his beautiful little girl came storming down the stairs.

"Daddy!" She screamed, as Tony bent down to pick up her up. She quickly wrapped her small arms around his neck and hugged him as he held her. "I missed you."

"I missed you too, my little Skywalker." Skylar rolled her eyes at her nickname. Although she loved it, she always pretended to be annoyed by it with Tony. Her name was indead, Skylar Walker Perry. When they found out Zooey was pregnant a few months after they got married, Tony begged her to allow him to name the baby. Blinded by love, she agreed, which led to the awful middle name of 'Walker' for a girl.

"Uncle Jaime called and he said we are doing something together tonight" Skylar informed him.

"Jaime called?" He asked Zooey.

She nodded, "He's worried."

"There's nothing to worry about." He lied.

"Are we going to see him?" Skylar asked.

"Yes, baby." Tony replied, kissing his daughters cheek softly. The simple gestured caused Zooey's stomach to drop. It was in that moment she realized how much she had missed this. Her family. It had been three months since the three of them were together.

"Are you ready?" He asked Skylar.

"Duhhh."

Zooey took a few steps towards them so say good bye. Unnoticed to her, she placed her right hand softly on Tony's forearm as he leaned in to Skylar and kissed her goodbye. "I'll miss you." She spoke, as she pulled away.

"I know. I'll miss you too." Skylar wiggled out of Tony's grasp and ran to the bottom of the stairs to grab her small back pack full of her favorite toys, then rushed back to her dad's side. They were about to leave when Skylar grabbed Tony's hand and pulled him footsteps to a stop. "You didn't say bye to mommy!" She shouted, glaring slightly.

Tony turned to face Zooey once more, "Bye, Zooey."

"Goodbye, Tony." She smiled.

"That's not right!" Skylar groaned.

"What's wrong, Skye?" Zooey asked.

"You're suppose to kiss!"

Tony felt his heart beat race as he then looked at his wife for a solution to their daughters sudden outburst. "Sorry baby, I forgot." Zooey walked over to Tony and placed her lips on his cheek for not even a half a second before she pulled away, then faced her daughter.

"No! You're doing it wrong!" She yelled.

"Are you tired, Skye?" Zooey asked, as Tony was too shocked by their brief contact to handle his kid right now.

"No! I'm not! Do it right!" Skylar demanded.

"What am I doing wrong?"

"You're suppose to hold hands." She replied, calming herself down after hearing her parents were going to fix it. Zooey reached out and grabbed Tony's hands in her own and held them softly. "And then you don't kiss daddy's cheek. He always kisses you on the lips."

Tony found the courage to lean in and place his lips gently onto Zooey's. He thought it would last a second like the other one did until he felt her kiss him back with a slight force, then she pulled away.

"That's not right!" Skylar screamed, having a total fit now as she dropped to the floor in tears.

"Skye, what's wrong?" Tony asked, releasing Zooey's hands and kneeling down to his daughter. All she did was cry and ignore him.

Zooey kneeled beside him and placed her hand softly on Tony's back. "I think she's just tired." Tony reached out to pick her up but she refused and pushed her away.

"I guess I'm going to hang out with Uncle Jaime by myself." He teased, trying to get her up, but not even that worked. She only took it to another level and layed face down on the stone covered floor. "What's wrong, Skywalker?"

She mumbled some words but were unheard by them both as she talked to the ground. "We can't hear you."

Rolling onto her back, tears still rolling down her face, she spoke those dreadful words they had been trying so hard to hide from her, "I don't want you to get a die-vorce." Her words shocked her parents and they didn't know how to handle the situation. How could they explain this? Expecially when their kid didn't even know how to say the word properly.

"Who told you we were getting a divorce?" Tony asked.

"Grandpa Vinnie." She confessed, completely unable to lie to her parents, eventhough her grandfather told her not to tell. Tony rolled his eyes, then glanced at his wife, completely irritated.

"What else did he say?" Zooey asked. Skye then sat up and wipe her face, calming down.

"He said that you hate daddy and that daddy is a bastard....what's a bastard?" Tony and Zooey frowned at their daughters words. In any other situation they would have laughed at her swearing but this wasn't the laughing moment. It actually broke Zooey's heart to hear.

"I don't hate him and he isn't a bastard. That's a mean word, so don't say it."

"I don't understand."

"You will you when get older, but I love your dad very much. It's just sometimes parents can't be together. This is one of those times. So, we're getting a divorce. That's doesn't mean I hate him."

"But I want you together." Tears filled her eyes again, and Zooey knew she had to think fast before she had another fit again.

"How about you and daddy stay here instead of leaving and we can be together right now?"

"Really?" She asked, her face becoming brighter.

"Yes, really." Tony cut in.

She screamed, but this time with joy, then rushed to her feet. "Let's make a fort and watch my favorite movies!"

"That sounds perfect, Skywalker."

"I gotta go get my blankets, then we can go to the theater!" She said, running up the stairs. Once she was out of sight and ear shot, Tony spoke.

"I'm sorry about that."

"Please don't apologize. My dad should be the one saying sorry. I cannot believe him."

"I told you he would do something like this. He has a special agenda against me."

"I'm sorry, Tony. I don't want him posioning her mind against you."

"It's fine." He lied. It did actually hurt him, but he didn't want to make Zooey feel worse.

"Well, this will be over with soon and hopefully my dad will back off, but I will definitely have a talk with him about this when I see him Monday."

"Okay..." Tony whispered. Over with soon. Those words rang out in his head over and over again. They would be over with soon.

"I'll go help, Skye. I'm sure she's trying to take every single piece of bedding out of her room." Zooey laughed, before climbing up the stairs. Tony just watched after her as sadness filled his chest once more. He had completely lost the love of his life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback would be great (:

I'm also going to be switching back and forth between past and present but the year will always be at the start of the chapter so look out for that so you aren't confused. Thanks