Status: Completed

All I Wanted Was You

Us Against The World

March 29th, 2015
A year had gone by since the birth of Skylar. She turned out to be quiet the handful, and Zooey considered it a blessing that she wasn't able to have anymore kids after giving having her. Another one would have just been too much. A lot had changed in their house. Almost every area of the manshion was closed over after she started to crawl, and everything else had to be baby proofed. All the complications that came with having a child for the first time only brought Tony and Zooey closer.

Pierce The Veil decided to take a break after she was born for Tony's sake. No, they didn't break up. Even though rumors of a break up spread. They weren't true. They all simply took a year off to focus on their personal lives. In that time Vic got married to a wonderful fashion editor named, Stella. Zooey had introduced the two of them at a party she threw for Tony's birthday.

Zooey didn't slow down her work load too much though. Sure, she cut some jobs off her resume. She decided to no longer work with music and took a break from acting to spend more time with her new born. She was still extremely focused on fashion and her clothing line.

Today was special though. They were having a small party to celebrate Skylar's birthday. She didn't know what was going on but it was the thought that counted and there would always be pictures for her to look back on this day.

A special, one of a kind, dress was made for Skye by Zooey. It made Skylar look like Zooey's twin. Tony knew she was going to grow up to be just like her mom and that made him more than happy. "I can't believe she's a year old today." Stella said, taking Skylar from Zooey's arms to give her a break. Skye didn't mind. She loved to be held by everyone.

She wasn't one of those babies who cried when someone except their mom held them. It made things a whole lot easier for Zooey. "I know. I would have thought Tony would have lost her or something by now." Mike joked, only to be smacked by his girlfriend, Rachel.

"Everyone was thinking it." He bowed his head and took a sip from his bear.

Zooey rolled her eyes, then stepped outside to find Tony relaxing by the pool with Adam and Jaime. "What are you losers talking about?" Zooey asked, sitting beside Tony. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her into him.

"Woah, someone's being a little bitchy today." Jaime replied.

"Today marks the day I gave birth to a human. A human came out of my body. I get to pick on all you bitches and you can't say shit."

"Fair enough." Adam responded shrugging his shoulders as Tony nodded his head agreeing.

Chloe then came rushing into the backyard towards them looking a little flustered. "Oh no. What did Mike do now?" Tony asked, causing every to laugh.

"Uh...it's not Mike....can you come her Zooey?" Zooey got up and Tony moved to follow her but Chloe stopped him. "No, not you. Don't come with." It worried Tony but he listened giving Zooey a warey look.

"What's wrong?" She asked in a hushed tone as they walked inside but he questioned was answer when she was greeted with a silent sitting room, and the room was extremely tense. "Dad?" It was the first time Zooey had seen him in over a year. He hadn't even met Skyar yet. He hadn't even met Tony yet! but here he was coming to act like a father again. "Wha...what are you doing here?" She was confussed because he was not invited.

"I'm here for my granddaughters party."

"Oh...uh, where's Emily? She asked, referring to Vincent's wife, Zooey's stepmother.

"Outside making a call. So, where's this baby at?" Zooey didn't really want him with Skylar. Mostly because he's now showing up a year later and didn't even bother showing up for her and Tony's wedding.

"Uhh..." She glanced at Stella who still had Skylar in her arms still. The room was silent and tense until the door behind Zooey opened once more and in stepped Jaime, Adam and Tony roaring with laughter. Emily came in on the other end and now stood beside Vincent.

Their laughing died when they felt the dark cloud that now stood over everyone inside. "Who died?" Jaime joked, receiving a smack from Natalie.

Tony walked over to Zooey who was still standing infront of her father and wrapped an arm around her waist. "What's wrong, love?" He asked, kissing her temple softly. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath enjoying the small gesture and preparing herself for what was about to come next.

"You must be Tony." Emily spoke up and held out her hand for Tony to take. He took it glady and gave it a light shake.

"Yeahh...I'm sorry, who are you?" Tony tried his hardest to not be impolite but he didn't know another way to say it. He had no clue who these two people are standing in his home.

"This man doesn't even know who I am, yet you marry him, Zooey. I find myself vastly disappointed." Vincent said, looking only at his daughter in displeasure. Zooey bowed her head and became very nervous as she feared her father more than anyone.

"Uhh Tony...this is my father, Vincent...and his wife, Emily." Everyone watched Tony's reaction and surprisingly, he took it well. He simply smiled.

"Well, welcome to our home. It's great to meet you both finally. Glad you guys could make it."

"This is Zooey's house, not yours, and I was not invited. Therefore, you are not glad." Vincent snapped, giving him a sour look as he stared him down, but Tony's smile didn't fade. He wasn't going to let this man win. He would kill him with kindness.

"Right, well, um...I have to go check on something in the kitchen...excuse me." Zooey escaped as fast a possible. She was about to feel bad for leaving Tony standing there until he came in right behind her.

"Well, if that wasn't awful as hell, I don't know what is." He laughed.

"Babe, it's not funny." She felt sick and wasn't in the joking mood. She placed her elbows on the island counter and her head in her hands, taking in deep breaths to calm herself. Tony sighed and walked over. He wrapped his arms around her waist and held her. She stood up and turned in his arm, then wrapped her own around his middle.

"I love you." He whispered. They stood in their embrace for a few minutes completely forgetting about the estimated thirty guests they had just on the other side of the house. "There's no reason for you to be upset. Today is our baby girls day. Screw your dad, he's asshole. Don't let him ruin this." He pulled away and lightly stroked her cheek with his rough finger tips, but Zooey found comfort in it. Those hands felt like home.

"I just don't want him treating you badly."

"It's not a big deal. I'll be fine."

"But I won't be. I hate when everyone is so quick to judge you because of the way you look or what you choose as your profession. You're so sweet and loving and an amazing husband and even better father. I just want everyone in this world to see you like I do."

"No one will ever see me the way you do, babe. I'm okay with that. All that matters to me is you and what you think and how you feel. None of those other people matter. If they can't accept us being together, then fuck em."

Zooey sighed, knowing he was right. No one else mattered. All she needed in this world was Tony and Skylar. "I love you, Tony."

"I love you more." He teased.

"Shut up. You do not." She responded with a soft giggle as he attacked her with kisses along the side of her face down to her collar bone.

"You shut up." He replied with a smirk, pulling away but Zooey hadn't had enough of him. She pulled him back down and pressed her lips to his own. Just as Tony slipped his tongue past her lips, someone clearing their throat interupted. Tony pulled away to look at where the noise came from and felt his face grow pink in embarrassment when he did. It was Vincent, of course. Zooey looked to where he was staring at and pushed Tony off her so she could stand up properly.

"I would like a word with my daughter alone, now."

Zooey remained silent knowing what was about to come. "Sure. I'll be just down the hall if you need anything." Tony said, redirecting his words to Zooey, before walking out of the kitchen. Vincent stared at his daughter in total annoyance as he walked towards her.

"I am absolutely disgusted and disappointed in you, Zooey. I thought I raised you better than this. What would your mother think if she were alive to see this?"

"I assumse she would be happy for me." Zooey spoke up. Her mother had died when she was only three years old. She really didn't know anything about her or have any memories of her. Only a few pictures and the rare occasion when Vincent would bring her up. But Zooey knew that her mom was a loving and caring women who loved her dearly. She had to assume she would be nothing but happy for her daughter that had found true love.

"No. She would feel like I do now, utterly embarrassed and dissatisfied. That man is no good for you. He is nothing but trouble and he will destroy you. You just wait, daughter. One day, he will show you who he really is and you will come begging to me for help. You made a huge mistake not only marrying the man but also having a child with him. You will regret it for the rest of your life. You will see." Zooey just stood there and let her father cut Tony down to nothing. She didn't know what to say. She was frozen in her place. "I have said my peace. Now, I must get going. It was going see you." He didn't hug or kiss his daughter goodbye. He never did. That's she had to deal with growing up. He simply walked away and left her standing there alone.

As Vincent walked out, Mike walked right by him and came over to Zooey. "Hey, Tony sent me to check on you." Of course he did. Mike had to be the most intimidating looking of everyone here. "Are you alright?" He asked, placing a hand lightly on her shoulder.

"Yeah."

"What did he say?"

Zooey didn't want to tell him the truth but she also didn't want to lie to Mike. She knew if she told him what her father had said, he would just tell Tony. All she wanted was for this matter to go away. "Nothing important." It wasn't a lie. It was the truth. Nothing Vincent had said was important. Zooey just saw it as bullshit. Tony loved Zooey. He would never be anything Vincent accused him of being. Marrying him wasn't a mistake and it would never been seen that way to her.

"Well, I'm sure as hell glad his scary ass is gone. He went by Skye and she immediately started crying. It was funny as fuck because I've never heard that damn kid cry. But you could tell she did not like him. I bet she has some crazy baby senses and knows that he hates her dad."

Zooey laughed when Mike said 'crazy baby sense'. "I bet she does."

"Now that everything is back to normal, let's join everyone else. Tony is worried about you." Mike wrapped his arm around her shoulder and walked her out of the kitchen.

"Like ususal."

"Ehhh, he's got every right to be. You're hot as hell. I'd constantly be worried about some ass trying to break us up. I'd die if I suddenly couldn't fuck you anytime I wanted."

"Mike." She smacked his chest and it only caused him to laugh.

"Always fiesty. I can only imagine what sex must be like between you and Tony." Just then Tony came around the corner with Skylar in his arms.

"Gross, man." He said, grabbing his wife and pulling her from Mike's grasp. Zooey laughed at the two of them as they joined everyone else. It felt so nice being in the pressance of everyone Tony and Zooey loved. They eventually all went outside and sat around the large fire pit in the back yard. Everyone told funny stories about tour and life in general. Skylar had fallen asleep on Tony's chest, then soon after Zooey did too. Tony felt his heart just burst with love. He had all he needed in life sleeping in his arms. Adam took a picture to capture the beautiful moment as everyone else awed, carried on with their conversation, then evetually went home.

Chloe took Skylar from Tony, careful not to wake her, then brought her upstairs to her room to sleep. Then Tony did the same for his wife. He didn't have it in his heart to wake up up. She had a long stressful day and even as she slept, he say the uneasyness set on her face. Vincent showing up here was just no good for her. Tony felt in the pit of his stomach that it wouldn't be the end of the horror he had to call his father-in-law.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you BREAKDOWN for the comment! I love feedback (:

I already have to next three chapters written and I'll have them up within the next couple of days. I'm going to be busy with school for a little bit so I want to spread the updates out a little.

THANKS FOR READING!