Status: Completed

All I Wanted Was You

This Isn't Fair

2020
"Are you sure you're okay?" Mike asked for the millionth time. Tony wasn't okay. Far from. He stared at the ripped up picture on the tray attached the seat infront of him. They had been in the air a few hours now and all he could do was look at that picture. It was starting to freak Mike out. "Tone..."

"I'm fine."

Jaime turned in his seat to look at the two of them, "Dude, what you did to that Jane chick was brutal, yet totally awesome. I can't believe you totally called her out on her shit infront of all those people." He laughed, then turned back around.

Tony couldn't believe it either. He hardly rememebered the moment. It was as if he had an out of body experience and watched some stranger scream at her for ruining everything. It wasn't her fault though, but she wasn't exactly innocent in it all, so he partly deserved to be yelled out. Tony could barely say the two of them were either together. He had only known her for a week and didn't know shit about her. Beside her name, that was all her had.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Mike asked, gesturing towards the photo.

Tony took a minute before responding. He didn't want to talk about it but he didn't want to keep how he felt inside. "Uhh, Zooey was there...at the airport."

"I didn't see her." Mike was confussed.

"It was in the parking garage. That's why Jaime was trying to make you guys go ahead and make me stay back. He knew she was coming...and I...I just fucked it all up."

Jaime was of course listening and turned back around in his seat, "You didn't fuck up. How were you suppose to know Jane was going to come out and ruin it?"

"She shouldn't have even been there to begin with. I don't know what I was thinking getting involved with someone like that. I'm too old for that groupie shit. I have a daughter to think about. I was just looking for a way to forget about Zooey, and all she was trying to do was tell me she loved me still. That's why she was there."

Mike didn't really know how to respond. He kinda regret asking Tony if he wanted to talk about it. Not only was he not good at talking about that kind of crap, but he was mad at this best friend. So, he was going to just give it to him straight and not sugar coat it. "I think you're a fucking idiot and Zooey is such an amazing girl. You really don't deserve her Tony and I think it's time to just let it go. All this back and forth between you two is just too much and you guys are only making it worse each time. You need to just call it quits before it starts to get back to Skye."

"I know you're right...but its easier said then done. I've known and loved her for almost ten years. As much as I want to just let her go, it's so hard. I want her to move on with her life and be happy, but then there's still that part of me that wants to to move on and be happy with me. Not that stupid twat, Harry. He can't possibly make her feel like I do. He can never tell her that he loves her and mean it the same way as me. He's just not good enough for her."

"Because you are?"

"Yeah..." Tony whispered, looking directly at Mike now. "I am."

"How about this, just let things be the way they're suppose to be. When we get off this plane, don't smother her or call a bunch of times. When we get back to the states, just see what happens. Let that little bitch Harry show her that he's no good for her. Don't point it out yourself because it'll probably just make her hate you more. Just leave her be."

"Do you really think that'll help?"

"I would think so."

"Yeah, that actually does sound kind of good." Jaime chimmed in.

"All right." Tony said, looking back down at the photo.

"Oh, and sorry for calling you an idiot."

"I am an idiot."

"Okay, you're an idiot." Mike smiled at him friend, then focused his attention out the window to see they were now landing in England. It was going to be one hell of a long tour.

December 17th, was the beginging of Skylar's school break. Isabelle got on a plane with her and flew out to Germany to meet with Tony, then stayed over night to watch the show and fly back out the next day. There was only three days left of tour but Skye loved coming along. With her now being in school, it was harder for her to be there, but every break Tony was gone, she was with him. No one in the band complained because of the ammount of joy she brought to the bus. Mike enjoyed her company the most because the two constantly picked on each other.

December 21st, they wrapped up their last show in Spain, then were on the next flight out of there after meeting with some fans. Skylar slept during the entire flight, like was expected. She always fought sleep on tour because she wanted to stay up with everyone else. Tony would have to bribe her most nights just to even get her in her bunk.

They got back to San Diego and Tony got to keep Skylar even longer until the afternoon of December 25th. Isabelle was away in New Jersey where her family lived, so Tony had to face Zooey for the first time since that dreaded day in the airport. Skylar flung the front door of Tony's once home and started calling out for her mom to tell her she was home. Heels could be heard cicking in the distance dispite the loud noises that filled the entire house. Zooey was having a get together for Christmas. Tony wasn't surprised that he wasn't invited but it didn't stop him from feeling like shit. Especially when he saw Harry glaring at him from a distance.

"Hi, baby. Merry Christmas." Zooey bent down to Skylar and kissed her head.

"Merry Christmas, mommy."

Skylar lingered to watch the interaction between her parents but Zooey made sure to shoo her away. "Auntie Nat has present for you. Go find her." Skylar pouted and stalked off. Sure she wanted present but she also wanted to interfer in her mom and dad's business. "Thanks for bringing her. She's off school till the 3rd, so you can have her back tomorrow night then bring her back the 2nd, if you want."

"That's fine." Tony replied softly. He looked to see if Harry was still watching. Thankfully, he was gone. This was his chance. "Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, there's something I've been meaning to ask you too but I keep forgetting."

"Oh, well, you first."

"What's your new address? I just realized I didn't have it a couple weeks ago when I finished packing up your things. I was going to send some movers down there for you, but no address."

"Ohh..." Tony nervously laughed, then placed one hand behind his neck. "I didn't realize you didn't know."

"Let me go get something for you to write it on." Zooey took off down the first hallway on the left, to the office to get some paper and a pen. In that time, Harry stepped out from behind the corner and walked over to where Tony stood. His glare never left his face. Zooey returned and didn't even make a fuss about Harry now standing where she once was. She handed Tony the paper and pen. Then he scribbled it down as fast as possible, dying to get out of that house. He never thought he would feel so uncomfortable in a place he once called his home.

When Tony handed her back the paper and pen, their fingers briefly touched. He quickly pulled back his hand upon contacts, then said his goodbyes to Zooey, completely ignoring Harry.

"What was that about?" Harry asked once Tony was gone.

"Just getting his new address so I can send him his things."

"It's about time."

Tony drove back to San Diego filled with nothing but sadness. This day would go down as the worst Christmas in his entire life. He called Vic on the way home to cancel their plans they had later that night. All he wanted to do was be alone. After much begging from Adam, Vic and Mike, he still declined and stayed home. He didn't was to spoil everyone elses festive activites. He just wanted to be alone.

Chloe made the drive to San Diego with Skylar in the back seat so Zooey didn't have to. There was also a small sized moving truck following clos behind filled with Tony's belongings. This day would go down as the worst day after Christmas in his life.

He watched in agony as two men walked in and out of his rented house, carrying his boxes in. It made Skylar excited because all she saw was more unwrapping to be done. She didn't understand what was really happening. Once the movers were done, Chloe wrote them a check and they left.

"Zooey said that Isabelle will be back from Jersey in two days, so if you need her for anything, give her a call then. If not, Isabelle will be here on the 2nd to get Skylar and bring her back to LA so you don't have to make the drive."

"It's no problem. I can bring her back."

"Zooey insisted on it being that way."

"Zooey insisted, or Harry insisted?" Tony knew better.

"Harry." Chloe mumbled in response. "He's such an ass. Please do not tell Skylar I said any of this but I just hate the guy. He's so full of himself. I'm pretty sure he thinks he's like twenty still and can still get all these ladies. He has even hit on me a couple times. I was like what the fuck?" Skylar was napping in her bedroom. She had stayed up all night. So thankfully, she couldn't hear their conversation.

"Did you tell Zooey this?"

"I mentioned it to her the first time he made a pass at me when she wasn't around but she kinda freaked out and said..." She caught herself before she continue once she remembered what company she was in.

"She said what?" Tony asked.

"She said, Harry was nothing like you and wouldn't cheat on her."

Tony sighed, "And he's probably been going behind her back this entire time."

"That's what I think but I don't want to dare bring it up again. I mean Zooey and I are friends and all but she's still my boss and can still fire me if I really upset her or something. So please do not say anthing."

"I won't. Don't worry."

"It's was good seeing you, Tony, but I have to get back to LA. Zooey has a sho..." She caught herself again. "Damnit." She whispered to herself, but Tony still heard.

"What show?"

"Again, don't say anything...Harry has a show tonight in LA and I'm tagging along with Zooey. She didn't want to go alone. She kinda hates his music."

That last sentence made him smile and even laugh. Tony hasn't heard whatever solo crap he was putting out these days but if it was anything like One Direction, he knew Zooey would definitely hate it.

"I am so dreading this." Zooey said more to herself than anything. Natalie and Chloe were over getting ready with her. They were both coming with her tonight to Harry's show so she didnt' have to be miserable all alone. It was going to be a group activity.

"Stop bitching." Natalie shouted at her from the bathroom.

Zooey rolled her eyes and called for the car to come get them. They finished getting ready then set off for the venue. Even with the years that had gone by since One Direction, Harry still attracted the same crazy, sold out, screaming little girls crowd. Zooey felt too old to even be there. The two openers went on, but she paid no attention to them. She didn't even watch. Natalie and Chloe were side stage while Zooey was backstage with Harry watching him warm up.

"You look beautiful." He said, kissing her lips.

"Thank you. You look quite handsome yourself."

"I know." He smirked.

His manager came in and said he had two minutes to get to the stage for the show began. They left the dressing room and began walking. Zooey joined Chloe and Natalie side, the the concert started. After about eight songs, Zooey couldn't really remember because she felt like she was in a daze the entire time as her ears were being blown out, Harry called her on stage. She looked at her two friends in complete confussion but they only mirrored their expression. They didn't have a clue what was happening either.

"Come here, love." Harry held his hand out and she took it with hesistation. The crowd cheered at the sight of her and it made her feel totally uneasy and uncomfortable. This wasn't the crowd she was used to. She wasn't at a Pierce The Veil concert. These kids weren't actually excited to see her. They saw her as the enemy. The evil woman keeping them from their beloved Harry Styles. Zooey wasn't Tony's wife to these kids. They didn't respect her and think her daughter was a 'badass' child. But she didn't know what else to do. "I know out time together has been short, but with eachother day that goes by, I just love you more and more. I don't want a life without you, Zooey. So..." Harry got down on one knee. "..will you marry me?"

Zooey couldn't hear the crowd anymore. All she could hear was her eyes ringing and what felt like her brain about to explode. So, she took the easy was out of this situation. She said, yes.

Afterwards, the show continued on, Zooey got off stage but instead of going back to the place she was once standing in, Natalie dragger her away to a private room where they could talk. Chloe close by.

"What the hell was that?!" Natalie shouted, shutting the door behind them. They were in Harry's dressing room.

"I...I don't know." Zooey knitted her eyebrows together.

"Well, why did you say yes?" Chloe asked.

"I don't know."

"Okay...so when he asked you if you'd marry him, what was the first thing that came to your mind?"

"My father would approve..."

"And the second?"

"This will kill Tony."

Chloe frowned then looked at Natalie, who just glanced right back at her. They didn't know what to say. They were truly stuck. Zooey was just put on the spot and did what she thought was best and easy. Now, she had just made the biggest mistake of her life. There was no taking it back. It was probably plastured all over the internet already. With all those kids taking pictures and videos, Tony was bound to hear about it very soon.

"Why don't you just tell Harry after the show that you need to think about it?" Natalie suggested. "He might understand." Her words caused Chloe to scuff, but she bit back her true thoughts. She didn't want to make Zooey feel worse or let it slip that she had just talked to Tony about Harry and expressed how she really felt about the bastard.

"Yeah, I'll just do that when we get back to my place."

So, that's what she did. Once that got back to Zooey's house, Harry tried ravishing her with his lips and started to pull on her clothes, but she knew she still couldn't go there. She had to talk to him. "Wait...Harry."

Harry groaned and pulled back, "What now?" He asked.

"Uhh...about earlier..are you sure this is a good idea?" She held up her left hand that know had a new diamond rock on her ring finger. It was nothing like the one Tony had gotten her when he proposed. Tony's was simple and small. It didn't scream dollar signs when you looked at it like Harry's did. Tony's was everything Zooey wanted in an engagment ring. It was perfect. Harry's just weighed her hand down and made her feel like she was about to be robbed at any given moment.

"Yes, I'm sure." He pressed his lips onto her neck, but she still gave him a push. It just didn't feel right.

"Wait..."

"I don't want to talk anymore."

"But I have like a million thoughts running through my mind. I can't do this right now." She sighed. All she wanted was for him to listen.

"You can't do this, or you just don't want to?"

"What's the suppose to mean?"

"It means, everytime I try to make a move or we even get close to sleeping together, you back down. At first I was understanding and gave you your space, but now, I've just had enough. This is just ridiculous, Zooey!"

"I'm sorry." She didn't know what else to say. She couldn't help that she wasn't ready to take it to that next step. Everything just felt so fast and rushed. She just wasn't ready.

"If this has anything to do with Tony, I will walk out that door right now and I won't return." Zooey felt her breath catch in her throat. She paused and thought over what she said, but her time spent thinking gave away her answer. It was as clear as day that the reason she couldn't be with another man sexually was because all she wanted was Tony. Harry did not take the news well. He did everything but walk out the front door.

"I'm still stunned about what happened tonight." Chloe confessed to Natalie as she drove her back to her house.

"Me too. That was just insane."

"I talked to Tony yesterday when I dropped off Skylar."

"About what?"

"Harry."

"Holy crap, what did you say?"

"Don't say anything to Zooey but I told Tony how I really felt about Harry being with her. He's a total asshole and I'm pretty sure he's using her."

"Using her how? I mean, he's already famous and has money of his own."

"Yeah, but compare their levels of fame and money. Zooey is on a much higher scale and she was just on the cover of Forbes magazine two weeks ago. The article inside said she's now worth 300 million dollars. What Harry has is pocket change compared to Zooey. Plus she's more well known and always in the media. Harry doesn't even get half of the attention as he did when he was in One Direction. The older he gets, the more he just goes down hill. I really think he's using her."

"Wow...you could really be on to something, Chlo. That's so fucked up and I can't believe I never even thought about it before."

"I just put together that last bit after Harry asked her to marry him."

"We have got to go over there in the morning and tell her this. At least I will. I know you don't want to risk your job."

"No, it's fine. I want to go. Zooey might get mad at me and fire me but I don't think it'll last. She knows I'm the only one who can do everything perfectly for her."

"She is a bit of a control freak. I'd kill her if she was my boss." Natalie joked, and they both laughed. Chloe ended up staying the night in Natalie spare bedroom at her house. It was closer to Zooey's. They were on a mission to save their best friend. So, the next morning...well afternoon, they set back off to Zooey's house. They tried waking up earlier, but failed.

"I hope that prick is gone."

"Me too."

Bill opened the security gates and they drove up the long driveway, parking infront of the main enterance of Zooey's home. "I hope she's not sleeping still. She's been having like killer insominia lately."

"I'll go wake her ass up." Natalie jogged up the front stair case, then walked down the hallway that lead to Zooey's room. Chloe followed behind but at a slower pace. She was still extremely tired. Natalie opened the door quietly, then popped inside. Chloe then came in and shut it softly behind her. There were no lights on and the dark blue curtains where still shut, allowing no sunlight of any kind inside the room.

Zooey's body laid ontop of the covers, unmoving. The bed showed no signs of use and you could tell from a distance just how uncomfortable she looked facing away from them. "Zooey?" Chloe whispered. "Are you up?"

No response. Natalie slowly walked over to the bed and went to the side she was on to get a full view of her friend. She gasped and took a step back. Chloe followed but reacted better and came to Zooey's aid. "Are you alright, sweetie?" It was obvious she wasn't in any way okay. Zooey had a bruise forming around her left eye, there was a small cut just above her eyebrow and her bottom lip was spilt with another, much larger, bruise forming around it. Zooey was not all right.

"Did that fucker do this to you?!" Natalie shouted. Zooey continued not to speak but she did move her focus off the chair on the other side of the room, to Natalie. That was a start. "I'll kick his fucking ass and see how that little cunt likes it." She pulled out her phone and started searching in her contacts.

"Who are you calling?" Chloe asked.

"Tony." Zooey's eyes went end and she shot off the bed and snatched the cell phone from her grasp before she could touch his name. She pulled her arm back and threw the phone across the room, smashing it into the wall. Maybe that was a little bit overdramatic, but Zooey needed to get her point across. Tony was in no way allowed to find out about this.

"You do not tell Tony. He is to never find out about this."

"And why the hell not!? Natalie yelled. "He needs to know!"

"No! He doesn't. It doesn't concern him."

"Bullshit, Zoe!"

"Can you two just leave please? I don't want any vistors right now. Be sure to tell Bill that on your way out as well." Zooey walked back over to her bed and ploped back down on the same spot, focusing her stare back on the chair.

"Whatever." Natalie mumbled, before grabbing her phone and stomping out of the room.

Chloe hung back for a second, "Call me if you need anything, okay?"

Zooey didn't respond to her. She wasn't in the mood to talk. She was beyond tired after staying up all night. Her face was killing her and she was too scared to take any form of medicine for it. Whenever she was sick or didn't feel good, Tony handled her meds. She was always terrified she was going to mess something up with to doseage or take the wrong pill. It was due to a bad experience she had when she was around six years old and her father was paying no attention to her. Zooey ended up in the bathroom medicine cabinet and took the wrong drugs. She ended up in th hospital for three days and was scared of taking things ever since. Until Tony came along. All she could do was stare at the damn chair and pray for something better.

A body weighing down the bed and crawling towards her snapped Zooey out of her gaze. She jumped thinking it was Harry, but her nerves were settled when a arm wrapped itself around her stomach and pulled her body towards her own. She didn't have to look down to see whose arm it belonged it. The feeling of his touch and the scent coming of him completely gave it away. "I missed you so much." She cried, turning around to face him.

"I'm so sorry." He responded, bringing his hand up to her face and touching it lightly. She felt no pain. "I never meant to hurt you. All I ever wanted to do was give you the world."

"But you are my world, Tony. I'll I ever needed was you."

"I love you so much." He kissed her lips softly. "I'm never letting you go again." But instead of keeping a hold of her, Tony started to push her body away from his own and get off the bed.

"Please don't leave me." Her tears returned once he was fully standing back up and walking to the door. "Tony! Don't leave me! I need you!"

"I'm sorry." He whispered, then put a gun to his head and pulled the trigger.

The sound of a loud banging noise startled Zooey and awake her from her unsettling nightmare. She shot up in her bed and gasped for air. "Tony!?" She shouted, but he wasn't there. He never was. It was all just a horrible dream.

"No...it's Vic." He knitted his eyebrows together then squinted his eyes to try and see better in the room. "Why is it do dark in here?" He walked over to the main switch on the wall and flicked it on. Zooey moaned in pain as the light was blinding to her eyes. She instantly covered his face to save herself. "Shit, sorry. Didn't realize that would happen." He flicked it back off then went over to her bed and sat down. Vic already knew what her face looked like, so he wasn't all that shocked when he got a better look at her. Natalie had called him from Chloe's phone screaming to him about the entire situation. He was forced to come over and talk some reason into Zooey. Someone needed to. "Why did you think I was Tony?"

"I didn't...I just had a bad dream."

"Well, are you okay now?"

"....yeah, I guess."

"Good." He stood back up and walked over to her side. "Get up." Zooey slowly obeyed his command and stood up beside him. "Let's go get you cleaned up." Vic led her to her master bathroom and fully took care of her. He cleaned her cuts, and got her something to put on the bruises so the swelling would go down. They both laid back down on her bed and Vic put on a movie for them to watch. "Look, I'm not going to give you some super long annoying lecture about what is going on, but I will say this, talk to Tony. You need him just as much as he needs you. Tony might be a little shit sometimes but he would never, ever in a million years lay a hand on you. He would give his life for you. So I am begging you right now to fix this when you feel better. Bullshit aside. Forgive and forget."

"Does Tony know about what happened last night?"

"Yes...Skylar is with Mike at the moment because it just wasn't good for her to see him in the state he's in right now. Thankfully Mike found out first and went straight to Tony's place and got her."

"I'm such a fucking terrible person." Zooey started to cry again.

"No, no, no, hun. No, you're not." Vic moved over and took Zooey in his arms to calm her. "You just did what you thought was best in that moment and that's understandable. You were completely put on the spot, and if I were you, I would have done the same thing. That was not for of that asshole to do that to you. How were you suppose to say no or talk about it? You are not a terrible person, Zooey."

"O..okay." She studdered getting ahold of her emotions and wiping her face with her long sleeve shirt.

"Now, let's watch this movie, and forgot about the world for a little bit."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you anybodys, wubwompwub, Steffi3991, arley., Never_Fading, livelaughlove_xo, sleepingempire, princewentz, and fallen_dust for the comments! I greatly apperciate it and love your feedback. (:

And thank you to everyone who recommended or anyone just reading this in general!

I didn't realize how much I leave my chapters hanging until now, haha. Sorry about that. I'll update again hopefully the day after tomorrow.