Status: Completed

All I Wanted Was You

Hardest Part

December 29th, 2019
Vincent returned back to the United States after being away on business in South Africa for three months. He had learned during that time his daughter was going to be interviewed by Orpah for a special about Zooey's life achievements. It aired on the 20th of December and Vincent had yet to watch it, until his return. After viewing the entire episode, he felt livid. His daughter's career and success was completely overshadowed by her pathetic husband, Tony. He was always there and nosing his way into her personal affairs and business. Nothing pissed off Vincent more than Tony being with his precious daughter.

"You." He pointed to the receptionist whose name he did not know. "Get my daughter on the phone." He said then stalked off to his over sized office, while a view over Central Park. The city was covered with an overcast and it matched his mood perfectly. He just wasn't impressed with how things are going.

"I have your daughter on line two." The receptionist said over the speaker phone. Vincent said nothing in response but picked up the phone and pressed two.

"Zooey, it's your father."

"Yes. I know." Like the receptionist didn't already explain that to her. If he could see her, he would have captured her rolling her eyes.

"Right. I watched your show last night with Orpah."

"Really?" She was quite surprised that her dad would even be interested in that. He never cared about those things, but then it is Orpah. She was skill loved by all and thought to be one of the most important people to be interviewed by. "I didn't know you were even interested in seeing it."

"I was not pleased, Zooey." His voice became stern.

"What do you mean?"

"You were completely looked over during the entire thing. Why was the man on screen with you during the end? He had no right to be there. He has nothing to do with your success."

"Are you referring to Tony?"

"Do not play stupid with me child."

"Tony is like one of my main supporters, if not, the main one. He's my husband. Of course he was going to be interviewed with me at some point during the show. Orpah wanted him on screen as well. He's a huge part of my life."

"Well, I do not want that."

"It wasn't your desicion to make."

"Do not talk back to me." Zooey never understood that reference. It made no sense. "You would never be as successful as you are now if it were not for my money and support. Tony is nothing."

"Tony is everything, and I've worked extremely hard for what I have. You have nothing to do with it. I've never asked for your help. If I've received anything from you it's by force and you never let me forget it. Now, I have to go father. I'm walking in a design meeting for my spring line. I do not have time for this." Zooey than hung up. It was quite bold of her, but then, she was just on the phone. If she were face to face with Vincent, that would have end much differently. She would have allowed him to tear Tony down and say whatever he please.

"Get in here now." He said into his intercom after he hung up the phone. The receptionist came running in before the last word left his mouth.

"Yes, sir."

"Find out where Tony Perry is. Get me his phone number."

"Yes, sir." And with that, she was gone. Vincent knew he had to do something his daughter's good for nothing husband and he knew just the thing.

February 23rd, 2020
Pierce The Veil was wrapping up its tour in the United States and Canada before they took a break then went back into the studio. It was the last night of everyone being together and that meant one thing, party. No one partied like they did all those years ago.

Everything was much more calm and collected, but there was still lots of drinking and tons of weed. Something would just never change. They all headed over to a popular bar in Boston, right down the street from the venue they played was at. Buying a private table, they had their own space for themselves to keep away from the general crowd. It wasn't to be rude, they just didn't want to be hounded by fans the entire time looking for pictures and autographs. They just wanted to have some fun.

Tony decided to keep it a low key night. He was going to settle for two or three drinks, then head back to the bus for a good nights rest. He would be back in Los Angeles tomorrow afternoon and wanted to be in the best condition possible for when he saw his wife and daughter. He hadn't seen them in over a month and missed them both like crazy.

A drink was brought over to Tony by a waitress at the bar and placed in his hand. He was confused. He hadn't ordered anything but it was what he was drinking. "From that pretty lady, sitting at the bar." Tony looked over to where she pointed, not that he cared about the woman, he was just curious.

"Oh...uh, thanks." He held the drink up for the woman at the bar to see and smiled before drinking it down. It was out of the normal for women to buy the guys drinks. Sometimes they even bought some for their crew, just to get the in on the band. It was crazy and completely normal. He then felt the urge to drink more. Tony had more and more drinks brought to him but this time from a different waitress and down them all in record timing. He was getting a little out of hand but couldn't stop himself. He just kept going.

"You all right, Tone? Maybe you should have some water." Jaime came over and placed a water infront of Tony, but he pushed it away and went for a whiskey instead. Jaime just shook his head in annoyance and then ignored his friend. He didn't want to deal with Tony being stubborn or out of control right now.

Tony suddenly felt dizzing and got up from the U-shaped booth he sat in and headed to the restroom. He couldn't tell if he was going to be sick or not, but he didn't want to take any chances. He didn't want a employee to have to clean his vomit off the tiled floor.

The woman at the bar took this as her opportunity to talk to Tony as he left the VIP section, towards the restrooms. He went inside a stall and placed his head in hands before sinking down the bathroom wall. He prayed one of his friends saw him and came to check on him as the door was opened and closed.

"Tony?" A female voice called out for him. He made a move to get up and see who it was. He didn't recognize that voice, but he couldn't move. His body fought against him as his head pounded and eye sight went in and out of focus. "Tony..." The voice rang out again. Tony felt his body tempature rise and he knew he had to get out of that bathroom and outside for some fresh air. Maybe that was all he needed. He was probably tired. Maybe he just needed to head back to the bus. After all, he did just get done with a show less than an hour ago. His body could just be over worked.

He forced himself up, stumbling to the stall door and had a difficult time getting it open. Once he managed, he stepped out and saw the girl standing on the other side. From what he could make out, it was the same one from the bar who bought him a drink. "There you are...how are you feeling?" She stepped forward and grabbed his arm, stroking it lightly.

Tony's eyebrows knitted together at the touch but made to move to push the girl away. He couldn't for he was too weak. She then took another step and pressed her body against his own. He made a groan in discomfort as his body now felt sore. It was as if someone has just punch him all over his body. "Let's get you back to your bus." She grabbed his hand and pulled him forward. Tony slowly but surely allowed the female to take him away. He just wanted to get outside at the point. He needed air.

They snuck out the back door down from the bathroom, and Tony breathed in deeply once the outside air hit his face. "Come on..." The woman urged, pulling Tony out of the back alley and on to the main street. "Let's go to your bus." They walked back to the venue and thankfully the bus door was unlocked because she didn't know how else to get in. Tony was in no position to help get it open. "Get in..."

He stumbbled inside and the girl followed, locking the door behind her. She did a quick check to see who else was on board, while Tony collapsed onto the couch up front. She returned from the back and found him dozing him and out. "Tony, baby." She took her shirt off and straddled him. He couldn't come up with enough strength to push her away. He was barely able to figure out what was going on. She groaned, realizing she had put too of the drug in his drink. "Tony..." She smacked his face lightly to make him more aware of what was happening. "Tony."

He opened his eyes and just stared at her. "I don't feel good." He mumbled, then threw his hand back on the couch, closing his eyes.

"Shit." She whispered harshly under her breath. "Vincent is going to be pissed." She stood up and attempted to pull Tony up as well. For being a small girl, she was quite strong, but not THAT strong. "Tony!" She shouted at him and he woke back up. Then, she pulled his shirt over his head with a struggle, and some how managed to slip off his pants. "Get up." She demanded. If she couldn't actually sleep with him, she was sure as hell going to make it look like she did. "Come on....there you go."

Getting Tony back on his feet, they stumbled into the bunk area. Thank God Tony had a bottom bunk, she thought. Tony crawled inside and instantly passed out. The girl however stripped herself of her pants and bra, throwing them about the bus to make it look like they had a wild time together. She did the same with his clothes and made a bit of a mess in the process. "Perfect." She mumbled, admiring her work, then proceeded to get into the bunk with Tony.

Although she wasn't tired, she couldn't risk someone coming onto the bus and spotting her just wondering about. She would more than likely be kicked off and Tont would never see the damange that was to be done.A part of her did feel bad. She was laying in a married mans bunk. Not just any married man to be exact. He was married to one of the most powerful celebrities in the world. Not to mention she always looked up to Zooey and actually liked her. Even owned a few pieces of her clothing. But the check she received from Vincent outweighed her guilt.

All those zeros was enough to get her to do anything. That was the type of person she was. The next morning, well not so much morning, it was around four am, Mike came onto the bus, with a few others shortly behind him. "What the fuck?" He spoke out loud, taking a look around the bus. Cushions from the couch laid on the floor, clothes were thrown everywhere, two bottles of beer were broken, among other things.

"What the hell happened in here?" Vic asked, coming on the bus after Mike. "I don't know. I wonder if someone broke in. Check if anything is missing." Mike did as he was told and began looking around.

"Everything seems to be fine." Jaime reported. "Nothing is missing."

"Hmmm?" Vic thought for a minute, "Where's Tony? Did we leave him at the bar?" He laughed slightly, remembering seeing his friend knocking back glasses of alcohol.

"Maybe...shit."

"I'll go back and look for him."

"I'll go with." Adam said, walking out with Vic, leaving Jaime and Mike to clean up the mess. Once they were gone, a moan full of pain could be heard from the bunk area.

"What the fuck was that?" Mike asked.

"Did anyone think to check for Tony in his own damn bunk?" Jaime laughed, walking back there to see his curtain was closed. Mike laughed with him. They were a tad bit drunk, so it was quite funny.

"No." The laughing came to a complete halt once Jaime pulled back to curtain and they both saw what was laying inside. "What the fuck!?" Mike yelled. "Tony!" He was furious.

The girl beside him began to stir, and opened his eyes to two pairs glaring strongly back at her. This wasn't what she planned. She wanted Tony to be the one waking up noticing her. Not his friends. This was not good at all. "Shit." She said softly under her breath.

"Get the fuck up. Now." Hate dripped from Mike's words.

"Calm down, freak." Although she was scared, she couldn't saw it. Mike was a big guy compared to her and boy was he angry.

"Tony!" Jaime shouted, and bent down to shake him awake. Tony stirred and slowly opened his eyes.

"What the hell..." He groaned in pain, bringing his hands up to his head to stop the world from spinning.

"Get the fuck up, Tony!" Mike reached in and pushed Tony out of his bunk and on to the floor. It made his pounding headache increase.

"What is your problem?" He replied, glaring up at him.

"Me? What is YOUR problem? You're fucking married, dude. To someone fucking incredible. What the fuck is wrong with you?!" Tony was confused. Then he turned and noticed the half naked girl standing a few feet from Mike, looking on.

"What...."

"Don't play stupid, you dumb fuck. You fucked this tramp and cheated on your goddamn wife!" Vic and Adam then returned, utterly confussed.

"What's going on?" Adam asked.

"Ask him!" Mike shouted, pointing to Tony as he stood up. He then noticed he was in nothing but his boxers and it made him feel even worse. He cheated on his wife. His loving, caring, sweet, beautiful wife. The woman he loved more than anything in this world. He would die for her and now he was about to lose her.

"I don...I don't...know."

Vic turned to the girl, "I think you need to leave."

She grabbed her clothing, slipped them on and left. "This is so fucked up." Jaime said. Mike had to walk away at that point and lock himself in the back lounge to stop himself from beating the shit out of Tony. Mike hated him in the moment. He ruined everything with the most perfect girl, the girl same girl Mike once had a crush on. Tony was an asshole and Mike needed to get away.

"I swear....I had no idea." Tony sat on the couch, and Jaime went to get him some medicine and water. "I don't..I don't even...remember...anything, at all." He took the pills and downed the water as it was handed to him.

"Well, you were having quite a lot of drinks at the bar. So, that's on you, dude." Adam responed, then went into the back to join Mike. He was also annoyed with Tony and wanted him out of sight.

"You have to tell Zooey." Vic said sitting beside him.

"I can't." Tony then started crying.

"You cannot keep this from her."

"She will leave me. I need her."

"That's not fair though. She has every right to know. You can't keep this a secret. It will eat you up inside." Vic was right, but Tony wasn't listening to a word he said.

"No. She can never know and you guys have to promise me that you won't say anything to her. Zooey will leave me and I just can't handle that. I can't lose her. She is my life."

Jaime sighed. It was shitty situation that Tony just put them all in. Sure, they loved Tony. He was like a brother to them all, but they also loved Zooey. She never mistreated them and was always to warm and loving to all no matter what. This would kill her, but it wasn't their secret to tell. It was Tony's. They both agreed not to say anything, then Jaime went into the back to tell Mike and Adam the news. Mike was beyond furious once he heard that Tony wasn't going to tell Zooey but he bit his tounge for the sake of the band. It wasn't easy.

Zooey was to never find out what Tony did that night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for all the comments! I love receiving feed back. (:

This story will be ending soon, sorry. If I get enough good feedback on the idea of a sequel, I might do one. But I will be finishing my Austin Carlile story first, then starting another. Not sure about who yet, so if you have any ideas, let me know. Maybe Mike Fuentes or something.

Thanks for reading! (: