Status: Completed

All I Wanted Was You

A Mess To Be Made

March 29th, 2020
There had a huge party going at the Perry residence. All of their friends and family were invited to celebrate Skylar's, Star Wars themed, 6th birthday. It was the only theme she ever wanted because of Tony. She even wanted a Star Wars themed Christmas party last year. Tony had trained her well. She was offically obsessed like Zooey and himself. So obviously neither of them minded about the party.

"I cannot believe how old she is now." Nadia gushed in the kitchen.

"I know. It doesn't even feel like that many years have gone by." Natalie added. All the girls Zooey hung around most were in the main kitchen helping her with the cake. It was a near exact replica of Stormtrooper helmet. Tony's idea.

"And I swear, she looks more like you every damn day. She's like a clone, but with Tony's personality."

"She's definitely daddy's little girl. He lets her get away with everything and I have to be the bad parent." Zooey laughed. She never cared. Tony was gone a lot with the band, so if he wanted to be the good parent that spoiled the shit out of their daughter, she was going to let him with no fuss.

"I can't believe he has she dressed like a little Stormtropper. It's so fucking adorable."

"I had to have that custom made since they don't make movie quality suits for kids."

"I bet that had quite the price tag." Tony's mom added.

"Whatever Tony wants, Skylar gets." They all laughed.

After Skylar blew out the candles on their cake and opened presents. Things seemed to calm down after that. Everyone was outside enjoying the beautiful California weather, chatting eachother up, while the kids played on the huge jump houses Zooey rented for the occasion. Normally for parites, Zooey hired extra help to do the cleaning, cooking and decorating, but when it came to Skylar's, no one else was there. She didn't want people selling a story about it or trying to take pictures. She was always paranoid about that happening. Her Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween and everything else was different. They weren't special like Skylar's birthday.

Zooey walked into the kitchen and washed her hand from cleaning out some dishes laying about and was about to go back out and join the rest, when a phone started ringing. She knew it wasn't hers, but couldn't seem to place where it was coming from. It was the sound of the Star Wars theme song, so she went on a search to find it, knowning it was Tony's. She tossed some things around on the counters until she stumbbled across his phone. It was an undentified number, but answer anyways. It could have been important.

"Hello?" There was pause

"Yeah, where's Tony?" A snooty voice came from the other end.

"Uh...who is this?"

"His girlfriend. Who the fuck are you?"

"Wh...what?"

"Are you fucking hard of hearing? Who is this?"

"His wife!" She yelled back.

"Oh...well, put Tony on the phone."

"No." There was no way that was happening. "I don't know what the fuck you're talking about."

"Ask Tony. I had him screaming my name on their last night of tour and we've been seeing eachother since. He told me you two weren't together anymore. So, clearly you a lying hoe. Now, put him on."

"No."

"Either put him on the phone, or I'm coming over to your house now and speaking to him. He did tell me last night it was his daughter's birthday. I can't believe he didn't invite me, ugh."

"He didn't invite you because you aren't welcome, bitch. I don't know who the hell you are, but you better not call this number ever again." And with that, she hung up the phone. She took a deep breath and frowned, setting the phone back on the counter. It took everything inside her to not freak out or cry. This was not the time to get emotional or overreact. This was Skylar's day, no matter how much she was hurting.

"Hey babe, my mom is looking for you." Tony walked over and wrapped his arms around her small figure. He instantly knew something was wrong with the way she was standing. "What's the matter?"

"Nothing, Tone. Just stressed." She pulled herself out of his arms and set off to find Tony's mom.

Once everyone left people starting leaving, Zooey and a few others started cleaning, and got it done better quick. Then it was time for her to face Tony about the phone call. "Bye, love. I'll see you tomorrow, right? Zooey asked, hugging Vic.

"I'll be over at about 11." Vic was taking Skye to Disneyland with Stella. They wanted to experience having a child around them since they were discussing having some of their own. It was quite exciting. Obviously Zooey jumped to say yes to them when they asked, and of course Skylar had no objections.

"That's fine." Then she hugged Stella. "Bye." She waved to them. They were the last to leave.

"My little Skywalker was exhausted. She instantly passed out once she hit the bed." He said with a laugh when Zooey entered their room. She pulled off her dress, threw it to the ground, then walked to the closet.

"Good." She forced a smile.

"Babe, what's wrong? I know something is bothering you." He followed her.

It wasn't right to have this conversation while she was near nude. "Hold on." She went around the corner to where her pajamas were and slipped on a cut off Transplants shirt and a pair of AA shorts. "Uh, you got a phone call today?" She said once she reappeared infront of Tony. He quickly changed as well and they exited the closet.

"A call from who?"

"I don't know her name."

"Well, what did she want?"

"You."

"Okay...why didn't you give me the phone?"

"I hung up on her."

"Okay? Babe, I don't understand." Tony was completely lost at that point.

"She said she was your girlfriend."

"My what? Was it some crazy fan again? I can't believe I have to change my number again." It wouldn't be the first time a fan got ahold of his number and gave it out to the rest of the world.

"No. It wasn't." She couldn't believe how stupid Tony was acting over the whole thing. He couldn't be that clueless. "She said you fucked on the last day of tour and you've been seeing her since then. Was she lying?" Zooey was becoming fed up and just wanted the truth.

"That's crazy....I haven't been seeing anyone. I don't have a girlfriend."

"So, you did fuck her then?" She folded her arms over her chest and her soft expression became a full glare.

"What....babe, that's crazy."

"Well, you aren't fucking denying it either! She's not your girlfriend and you haven't been seeing her but you sure as hell fucked her!"

"It's hard to explain...."

"What's there to explain!? You fucked some whore while I was stupidly sitting at home missing you, waiting for you to come home! You fucked her!" She yelled, shoving him slightly. "Tell me the truth!"

"Okay...babe, just calm down." Tony felt himself becoming hot under the pressure. This wasn't suppose to happen like this. Zooey was never suppose to find out.

"Don't you dare tell me to calm down." Tears threatened to fall from her baby blue eyes. The sight broke Tony. He couldn't handle seeing his wife cry. Nothing hurt him more, especially when he was the cause of her pain.

"I'm so sorry."

"I don't need no goddamn apology. I want to hear you say it. Fucking admit what you did."

"I...I..I can't." He was lost for words.

"Don't stand there and act like the fucking victim, Tony! You did this! You don't get to be upset! Tell me what you did!"

"No."

"Tell me." Her voice was calm and nothing was more scary then the sound of it. It was what won her an Academy award three years ago. She could be terrifiying.

"Okay! I cheated on you, all right? I fucked up. It was a mistake. I drank too much at the bar and some how ended up back on my bus with that woman. I didn't mean anything. I don't even remember it. I swear to God, it was a fucking mistake."

"Well, that's too bad you don't remember anything because that mistake, just cost you your marriage." Tony nearly gasped. "Get the fuck out of my house."

"Baby, please..." Tears now filled his eyes. Her were no longer sad, only filled with hate.

"Get out."

"I'm not leaving. We have to talk about this. It didn't mean anything."

"This is my mother fucking house! I pay the goddamn bills! Pack your shit and get the hell out!" Tony didn't move an inch. He wasn't leaving. So, Zooey took matters into her own hands. She stormed over to the closet, grabbed one of her Louis Vuitton suitcases, stuffed some of Tony's clothing inside, zip it shut, then threw it out of the closet at his feet. She wasn't playing this game.

"I'm not leaving."

"Get out, or I'll call security and have to police escort you out."

"They can't make me leave my own house."

"Oh? Really? Oh, I'm sorry. You're name doesn't seem to be on the deed, or anything else for that matter. You have zero ownership over anything here." Normally she wouldn't throw that his face, but this wasn't Zooey.

She was a completely changed and heartless person in that moment. Tony then began to softly cry, and placed a hand over his face. Zooey showed no emotion. She didn't care for his heartbreak. He had done this to himself. She should be the one in tears. Not him. He lost that right.

He lost her. "I'm so fucking sorry Zooey. I will do anything to make this right."

"Good. I'll have my lawyers start drawing up the divorce papers tomorrow, then you can 'make things right' for us."

"Baby...please." He was begging.

"Get out before I do something you will regret."

He gave in and eventually left. He figured if he left now, it would give her time to think things over and forgive him. Zooey just needed her space. She just needed time alone. But once Tony left, Zooey completely broke down. She didn't cry. She sobbed. It was uncontrolable. It felt as if someone had reached into her chest and ripped out her heart. There was a hole in that spot now. Tony had destroyed her in every way possible. Her trust, happiness, love. She never imagined Tony would do something like this. There was no way of preparing herself for that conversation. Tony was always so loyal and loving. He vowed to never hurt her.

In her mind, she went over and over and over again what just happened. What did she do wrong? Was she a bad wife? Had Tony just not been attracted to her anymore? Was she ugly? Annoying? Not good enough? Didn't she give him everything? Why? She sat awake in her room all that night. It wasn't until the very early the next morning, that she picked herself up off the floor, and went to her phone. She dialed the first number that came to mind. Someone she knew she could talk to and not be judged. Once the other lined picked up, she began crying again.

"Zooey? What's wrong? " Nadia's voice ran through the receiver.

Zooey found strength inside her and calmed down to explain the reason for her tears. "Tony cheated on me." She whimpered. It even hurt to put those words in a sentence together.

"What?" Nadia was shocked.

"He slept with some random girl after meeting her in a bar on their last stop in Boston. He's been keeping it from me ever since."

"Did he tell you?"

"No! The same fucking girl called during the party and I had to find out from her. It was so embarrassing. I thought she was lying. I believed in Tony. Now I just look like a damn fool. She's probably laughing about it right now. Tony really cheated on me."

"I'm so sorry, hun. Don't worry about what that stupid girl thinks. She's nothing. Especially compared to you. Tony is a complete idiot. I could kill him right now, that's how angry I am."

"I feel so broken."

"That's understandable, but it will pass."

Zooey didn't respond. She just sat there in silence for a few minutes, thinking about what was happening. Why was her life suddenly crashing down on her? She thought she had it all. She was clearly wrong. Now it felt as if she had nothing. "I can't handle this."

"I know it must be difficult. I cannot even imagine how you must be feeling."

"It feels like someone has ripped my heart from my chest and destroyed it." Nadia didn't know how to reply to that. What do you say to someone who feels that low? There aren't really any words that would make Zooey feel better. Unless you had a time machine, nothing could make this right. "If it weren't for Skylar....I would end my life right now....just so I don't have to feel this unbareable pain anymore. I love Tony more than life itself. What will I do without him?"

"Do you need me to come over?" She didn't care about the drive between San Diego and Los Angeles. Nadia was just worried now.

"No...I'm fine. I think I'll just go bed now or something...I don't know." Her life was lost.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Sorry for bothering you with my pathetic problems."

"They aren't pathetic. I care about you and if you need anything, you let me know, got it?"

"Yeah....night, Nadia."

"Goodnight, Zooey."

But it wasn't a goodnight. That expression was stupid but it felt weird if you didn't say it at all. Zooey laid awake all night. It wasn't until a few hours later that she just passed out from exhaustion. Skylar came running into her room at around eight that same morning. She demanded breakfast and now, being the only one in the house, Zooey had to make it. Normally it was Tony who made breakfast for Skye. It was definitely something she was going to have to get used to now that he was gone. At ten, Vic showed up at the front door with Stella.

The look on his face said it all, he knew. "I don't want to talk about it." No greeting. No hello. Nothing. Vic didn't even get the opportunity to say he was sorry. Zooey just didn't want to hear it. It was a kind gesture, but it meant nothing.

"I'll be back, just need to use the restroom." Stella excused herself from the two.

"I just don't know what to say."

"Then don't say anything at all. Skye is all dressed up and ready to go. If you want to keep her for the night, that's fine."

"Yeah, that would be nice."

"I'll go back her a bag." Just as Zooey went upstairs, Skylar came running down.

"Uncle Vic!" She screamed and jumped into his arms. She was in full costume, dressed as Princess Leia. Yeah, she was definitely Tony's kid.

"You look beautiful."

"I was going to show daddy, but mommy said he wasn't home, so I can't." She pouted and Vic put he back on the ground.

"How about we send him a picture?"

"Yeah!" Vic pulled out his phone and snapped a bunch of pictures of the two of them and some with just her alone, then sent them away to Tony. That would cheer him up.

Stella appeared and Skye grabbed her hand, ready to go. Zooey came back down and handed the over night bag to Vic. "Thank you for taking her."

"It's no problem. It'll give you time to think about things." Yeah, that's eactly what she needed. Not. She didn't want to be alone and think about anything. She didn't want to believe this was truly happening to her right now. She didn't want to think about Tony being with another woman. The thought killed her.

"I'll see you tomorrow, love." She hugged her daughter bye, then proceeded to hug Vic and Stella. Then, they were gone. She was alone. Her and Tony would never be again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shitty filler chapter until the very end.

Thank you to those who commented! And everyone who has been reading.
And I am going to be starting a Mike Fuentes story very soon so keep a look out. (:
It's not going to be all sweet and loving like this one, just a warning.