Status: Completed

All I Wanted Was You

I'll Be Waiting

2020
Three agonizing days went by. Tony had still not woken and Zooey never left his side of the hospital. She had given Isabelle this time off so that she didn't have to deal with her burning questions on where her parents where. Instead, Vic had her. He was after all her Godfather. They all figured it would all be best that way.

"Can I plese just take you home?" Mike asked. Over the years Mike had calmed down his lifestyle. He stopped jokingly hitting on Zooey, took life more serious, found the perfect woman for him, and is now engaged to be married. In recent years, Zooey and Mike had grown even closer.

"No." She wouldn't leave Tony's side with the exception of using the bathroom and washing herself up. She was distraught but still knew what personal hygiene was.

"Zooey." He sighed. "You need some rest and a proper meal. Tony would not want you like this."

Zooey frowned at his words. He was right. If Tony were awake, he would on her case abot taking care of herself. She had only slept for an estimated ten hours in the four nights he was in that bed. She also hadn't eaten a normal meal. Just picking at the things the their friends brought. She just didn't have an appitite.

The only good thing that came out of yesterday was Tony was now off his breathing tube. The doctors decided he could now fully breathe on his own with no problem. He also only had one IV going into his right arm, and was no longer needing any form of medicine.

"I know that you're right, Mike. But I really don't want to leave."

"Sweetie, go home, please. Skye needs to you, and Vic needs you even more. I know for a fact that she's been driving him crazy." He laughed. Her daughter did have her moments where she got extremely hyper and hard to keep up with.

"You're right." She felt defeated and was far too tired to argue with Mike anymore.

"Good. Jaime should be here shortly, then I will take you home."

Much later that night while Zooey, Skylar and Vic were passed out on her bed after watching Lion King to keep Skylar distracted even further, Vic's phone rang.

"Hello?" He spoke softly, just being woke up and didn't want to wake Zooey.

"Tony is awake."

Vic cleared his throat before speaking. "What?" It was Jaime.

"Tony woke up and at first he was freaking out but after the doctors explained what was going on and he saw me, he calmed down." Vic climbed out of the bed and left the room, shutting the door behind him so they wouldn't hear.

"Well, it's good that Mike forced to leave then. It would have killed her to see Tony like that."

"It was kinda scary. Aren't you still with her?"

"Yeah, we all fell asleep after watching a movie."

"Oh...is she still sleeping?"

"Yepp."

"Do you think you should wake her up and tell her?"

Vic pulled his cell phone away from his ear and checked the time. Only an hour had gone by since they fell asleep. He couldn't wake her up now. Not when she was finally relaxing and not constantly worrying about Tony. "No. I can't. Mike JUST talked her into leaving and even though she won't admit it, she's really tired."

"Alright, I'll tell Tony. He'll understand. He's just been quiet for the most part. I guess that breathing tube made his throat really sore. So, we've just been watching crap tv, and I know the nurse is going to kick me out soon."

"Call me if anything happens and I'll tell Zooey first thing in the morning."

Vic went back into the room to find Zooey and Skylar still asleep. Even though Zooey would want to be woken up, Vic couldn't do it. Her exhaustion was clear on her face and Skylar needed her after being so confussed these past few days and receving no answers.

He climbed back in the bed and fell right back asleep. After taking care of a six year old girl for three days, he was beyond tired.

Morning came quickly and Zooey was the first one up. She instantly went for her phone on the night stand but it was missing. "What the...?" She checked everywhere but it was no where to be found. Giving up, she went downstairs to make Skylar and Vic breakfast before leaving for the hospital. Rounding the corner, she ran into a body, and was startled. "Holy shit, you scared me!" She jumped, but it was just Isabelle.

"Hey, why are you here?" She asked.

"Why are you here? I told you to take some time off. Vic is still here."

"Oh, well I figured with Tony waking up you would need extra help around here. I was about to..."

"Wait, what?" She cut her off.

"I was about to make breakfast?" She was confused. "What?"

"Tony is awake!?"

"Yeah? I thought you knew!" Isabelle shouted after Zooey, walking behind her after she made her way back up the stairs.

Vic and Skylar were already up and sitting in bed. He was listening to Skye's story about school when Zooey rushed into the room. "Tony is awake!" She shouted. "We have to go."

"Daddy?" Skye stood on the bed and started jumping with excitement.

"You're going to stay here with Isabelle, then Uncle Mike or someone will come and get you, okay?" Vic said, grabbing the little girl from the bed.

"Okay!" She shouted carelessly, as Vic put her down. She took Isabelle's hand and ran out of the room, dragging the poor young nanny behind her.

"I knew this would fucking happen if I left. I should have never of listened to Mike. I can't believe no one called me. Actually, someone probably did! I have no clue where my phone is." She walked over to the bed and stripped it of its covers, thinking it was underneath the mess of them.

"He woke up last night." Vic spoke as Zooey looked under the bed. She sat back up at his words and looked at him.

"How do you know?"

Vic sighed, "Because Jaime called like right after you fell asleep and told me. You were just so tired and I didn't want to wake you up. Plus, Tony wasn't really himself and I didn't want you to have to see him that way. I was going to tell you as soon as I woke up....and I took your phone." He walked over to the opposite nightstand from Zooey's that contained things of Tony's and pulled out her phone.

"Why would you do that? You should have woken me up as soon as Jaime called! Tony must have been so freaked out. I can't believe you would do that, Vic!" She was furious and didn't care about Vic's reason for not telling her. No matter how logical it sounded.

"I'm sorry, Zooey."

"Whatever." She glared. "We need to leave. Now."

Then gathered their things and were out the door and inside one of Zooey's cars in record time. "I know you don't understand why I did it now, but you will when you've calmed down."

"Please, just don't talk to me, Vic." They pulled into the hospital parking lot and made their way up to Tony's room in silence. They had moved him to a different room since he was now awake and almost fully recovered. Zooey could feel her heart about to burst in her chest with each step they took closer.

Mike stood outside the room on the phone. When he saw Vic and Zooey approaching them, he hung up on whoever he was talking to. "Hey guys." He said, giving them both hugs.

"How is he?" Zooey wanted to hear his personal opinion rather than a doctor first.

"Uh....he doesn't really want to see or talk to anyone. That's why I'm out here."

"What?" Vic said.

"Last night he just wasn't talking because it hurt to, but now he just flat out doesn't want to talk to anyone. Not even the doctors. He's like really mad and I can't figure out why."

Zooey assumed why he was so angry. "He signed the papers."

"What papers?" Mike asked. Only Vic knew what she was talking about. She told him all about it when she first called him after finding Tony.

"The divorce papers." Vic responed for her.

"Oh, shit. Well, that might explain his mood. You guys are now divorced." Mike frowned slightly when he finished talking. He loved Tony and Zooey together. They were perfect. Even though Mike hit on Zooey in the begining and always picked on Tony about the two of them, he never meant anything by it. He never would have actually tried to get with Zooey and only teased Tony for a good laugh. Mike in a way looked up to them when it came to their relationship. They were the reason he proposed to his girlfriend in the first place. He wanted a loving and happy marriage like theirs. Now that was all gone and he found himself doubting his whole relationship.

"I didn't sign them."

"What?"

"I never signed them.....Tony did but I never did. I was constantly on him about signing the papers and sending them back to my lawyers...but I never signed them myself."

"Wow." Vic said softly in complete shock. He knew then that Zooey's full heart wasn't in the whole situation. She never really wanted to divorce Tony. She was just so blinded by her heart ache that she wanted him to feel the exact pain she did.

"Is he up right now?"

"Yeah, I think he's just watching tv still." Mike replied.

"Okay..." Zooey moved towards the door but stopped to look back at the two of them. They smiled encouraging her to keep going. Opening the door, she heard nothing but the televison and it was darker than the other room. There was no more heart monitoring beeping. A curtain was half drawn blocking the top half of Tony was her.

"Who ever it is, leave." His voice was raspy and full of anger. Mike was right, but she didn't listen. Taking baby steps, fearing his reaction to her not listening

"Tone." She said softly, stepping out from behind the curtain to face him.

He expressed no emotion other than total anger. His face was hard as stone and completely unreadable. "I said, get out."

"What's the matter?" Zooey asked.

At first he ignored her and she thought she wasn't going to get an answer, until he opened his mouth with words full of venom. "Get the fuck out of here, Zooey. I gave you what you wanted now give me what I want. I don't want you here. I drank so much in hopes of never having to see you again. Yet, here you are."

Zooey's eyebrows knitted together and she adverted her eyes to the floor. It took all she could to not cry infront of him. She wasn't going to him that pleasure. "I don't understand." Her voice was shaky.

"Do I need to fucking spell it out for you!?" He shouted, throwing his hands in the air. "We are over with. I do not want you anymore. I'm done. So take your slutty ass and get the fuck out of here!"

A nurse came into the room and pulled the curtain back all the way. "Mr Perry. Your heart rate has elevated drastically. What is going on?"

"Nothing." He responed. "Escort my ex-wife out of her." His words were bitter and once the nurse was done checking his vital, she made Zooey exit the room with her. Mike stood outside waiting for her.

"Hey, how was it?"

"Um....he kicked me out?" Her brain still hadn't fully process what just occured in that room.

"What the fuck? I wonder if they gave him more medicine. He must be really out of it."

"No....he was PERFECTLY awake of what he was saying. He really wanted me out. He also told me, he drank that much because he didn't want to see me ever again and even called me a slut. That felt....just great." She sighed, looking down at her ringless finger. It was over. It just hit her. It was too late now.

"I'll kick his fucking ass. I don't care if he just spent the past few days in a coma." Mike took a step towards the door but Zooey stopped him.

"It's fine. I understand. I really hurt Tony and that's that. It's really over." She finally gave in to how she was feeling and broke down. Mike felt his heart break for her. Without a second thought, he grabbed her and pulled her into his arms, holding her tightly. It was just what she needed in that moment. Comfort.

"It'll be alright, babe. Tony may think you've hurt him, but what he did was just flat out wrong. You guy are married and he slept with a girl who is actually a slut. You are far from. You're fucking amazing. Please do not cry over this."

"When did you become so perfect, Mike?" Zooey sniffled, and wiped her eyes. Mike released his arms from around her shoulders and stepped back to look at her.

"Ehh, I've been hanging around you too much." He shrugged and it caused her to smile.

"Always a charmer."

"I try. Now go clean yourself up. Vic left after you went inside to get Skylar."

"Yeah, I don't want her to see that I've been crying and freak out. I'll be right back." Zooey walked off to the bathroom that was on the other end of the hall and Mike took this opportunity to yell at Tony. Even though Zooey asked him not to. He knew it was needed.

"What the hell is the matter with you?" He said, as soon as he opened the door.

"What?" Tony replied, rolling his eyes.

"You know what, you little shit. Zooey is really upset."

"Good." He mumbled.

"What the fuck is the matter with you? You love her. Don't sit there in your little pity party and act like you don't. You better apologize to her and I'll beat your ass as soon as you're out of that hospital bed."

"Why don't you go tell her to fucking apologize to me!? I'm the one who fucking deserves an apology!"

"Why? Because she asked for a divorce after you fucked another woman!"

"No! Because she asked for a divorce then started seeing another guy behind my back!"

Mike was taken back at what Tony said. "What?"

"Yeah, she's been seeing someone. This entire time that I've been fucking fighting for her and begging her to take me back, making a total ass out myseslf, she's been fucking some other asshole."

"Who told you this?"

"It's not important." He said, crossing his arms over his chest and looking away.

"I think it's kind of important. I just have a hard time believing that."

"Why? Because I can do terrible things but noooo, not Saint Zooey. She can do no wrong. It wouldn't surprise me if it was you she's been fucking this entire time."

"Hey! Don't fucking start that shit man. I'm engaged and I don't need you running your mouth with lies and ruining things for me."

"It's not far from true. The entire time we were together you just wanted her. You even tried to sleep with her before."

"That was before you two even started dating! Was I suppose to be some kind of fucking mind reader and figure out that you fucking liked her!"

The nurse then came back in an interupted the two of them. "Mr Perry, the heart rate, again. Cut it out." She was started to get annoyed.

"Sorry." He mumbled in response, then she was gone. Before Tony could start back up his fight with Mike, the door flew open and a little girl ran inside.

"Daddy!" She screamed and ran to the bed, climbing on top. "I missed you ."

Tony grabbed her and placed her right beside him. "I missed you too, my young Padawan"

"Hi, uncle Mike." She smiled, now noticing him standing there.

"Hey, Skye." He smiled in return despite how he was really feeling.

"Can you leave? I just wanna be with my daughter."

"This conversation isn't over." He said, pointing at Tony, then reaching over to Skylar and messing up her hair.

"Uncle Mike!" She shouted and glared at him. She hated when he did that but he only did it to get on her nerves. Mike loved messing with her.

"I'll see you guys later." He said turning to leave.

"Bye!" Skylar shouted before he closed the door behind him.

When he stepped out, Vic, Jaime, Isabelle and Zooey were standing there talking. "Hey, I think we've got a problem." He walked over, interupting their conversation. What he had to say was way more important than whatever it was they were talking about.

"Is Tony okay?" Zooey jumped to conclusions thinking something had just happened while her daughter was inside.

"Um, yes and no."

"What?"

"He thinks you're dating some other guy already and that's why you were pushing the divorce and stuff." He informed them all.

"What the fuck?" Jaime's eyebrows furrowed together.

"Uhh, I'm gonna go get some coffee. Anyone want anything?" Isbelle asked. She felt it wasn't her place to be standing there listening. It made her feel awkward seeing at Tony and Zooey were her boss, no matter how close Zooey and her had became in recent years.

"No, we're fine." vic said, speaking for everyone.

"Okay." She whispered softly, walking away.

"Why would he think that?" Zooey asked.

"Not a clue. I asked him who told him that and he would not say. He just said it wasn't important how told him."

"Hell yeah, that's important." Jaime replied.

"That's what I said."

"I am not seeing anyone! I haven't even thought about another man in that matter since that day I met Tony. Even now, with him cheating on me and use seperating, I haven't thought of anyone but him. That is a load of bullshit, and I'm going to find out who the fuck it was." Zooey was more angry than she expected to be. Say what you want about her, but in a way this lie would also effect her daughter. You don't want to mess with Zooey when it came to Skylar.

"This is just crazy. I wish none of this was even happening." Vic sighed.

"We all do, man." Jaime frowned, then wrapped an arm around Zooey's shoulder. Now it was Zooey's turn to fight for what was left of her marriage.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you ClowieDiamond for the comment!

I'll try to update as fast as possible. I have a couple days off of school coming up soon so expect lots of updating. (: