Status: Completed

All I Wanted Was You

I've Been Waiting For This Miracle

December 29th 2013
"Do you want to know the sex of the baby?"

"No. Do you?"

"Not really. I think it would be fun for it to be a surprise."

"I was thinking the same." Tony smiled. Then Zooey went back to reading her parenting book. She was told by many people to read some and also that reading them was pointless. She knew either way, she was going to be extremely unperpared for this baby. Book or no book.

"Is it weird that we are spending our first anniversary together with me the size of a house?"

"No. You're a beautiful house. I like you this way." He smiled, as Zooey glared at him.

"Are you going to tell me the name you picked yet?" She set her book down on her over grown stomach and looked at her husband sitting on his computer.

"No. That'll be a surprise for you too."

"Great." Her voice full of sarcasim as she rolled her eyes.

"Our kid is going to have a badass name, and it's totally gender neutral, so it doesn't matter if it's a boy or a girl."

"I want a boy." Zooey replied.

"Well, I want a girl."

"I want a boy so he can be like you."

"Well, I want a girl so she can be like you." Tony smiled. "Great minds think alike, love." He leaned over and kissed her softly.

"I don't know who you're referring to because your mind is far from great." She teased.

"I swear Zooey, just wait until you are not pregnant anymore. I'm so coming after you for all these snide little comments you love to make."

"Please, babe." She rolled her eyes once more, then picked back up her book and continued reading.

"Just wait."

March 29th, 2014
Zooey wasn't due for another week. She began to have contractions early that morning telling her that this baby didn't want to wait anymore. Tony was in San Diego at the time it started happening. Thankfully, Natalie had stayed the night with Zooey and managed to get her to the hospital before the pain could get worse.

"Where is Tony?" Zooey cried. She was in more pain then normal. Even with the medicine they had given her, she still couldn't handle it. Usually, she had a high pain tollerance but this was just too much. She just knew something was wrong.

"He should be here soon, honey. Try to just relax and calm down. Do those breathing techniques the nurse showed you." Zooey did was Natalie said and tried even to settle the pain she was in, but nothing helped.

"Can you go ask the doctor for some more medicine?"

"I already asked and he said he can't give you anymore because it might harm the baby."

Zooey groaned and tried to move to her side to try and subdue it but failed. "I can't take this anymore, Nat. I need Tony."

"I know, I know. I'll go try and call him again." She grabbed her phone from her purse and stepped out of the room.

"Okay." Zooey mumbled, covering her eyes with her hand. The lights had begun to annoy her. It was just always too damn bright in hospitals. It was bad enough that the baby was coming early. She also had to deal with the intense pain and her husband not being present. What else could go wrong?

"Look who I found...." Natalie said in a sing song voice as she opened the door. Tony stepped out from behind her with a large grin on his face but it vanished once he saw Zooey's pain. "I'll leave you two be."

"What's wrong, babe?" He rushed to her side and laced his tattoo covered fingers with her bare ones.

"I'm in so much pain." She cried.

"Isn't that normal?" He asked.

"No. It's too much and the doctors already did all they could."

"Oh, baby." He frowned and softly kissed her lips. "It'll be all over soon and then we will have our beautiful little baby and the pain will be gone. It'll be okay." He tried to comfort her but the only thing she found comfort in was this would all be over soon.

"We aren't having anymore kids."

"If she's anything like you, one will already be too much." Tony joked, causing Zooey to laugh then groan in pain. "Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you more."

"It's...okay." She took a deep breath, then closed her eyes.

"I'm going to go ask the doctor how much longer you need to deal with this. I'll be right back." He kissed her once more than set off to find him. Natalie came back in once Tony walked out and joined Zooey at her bed side.

"Are you thirsty or anything, Zooey?" She asked, looking at her best friend. "Zooey?....Zoe...Zooey!" She wasn't waking. Natalie pushed the panic button on her bed and a nurse came rushing in.

"What's the problem?" The nurse asked, directing her attention to Natalie.

"She's not waking up!" She shouted in response.

The nurse checked her breathing pattern and vitals and found that she was slowly fading. Something was indead very wrong now. "I need a doctor!" The nurse yelled, a doctor came running in not even five seconds later with Tony on his heels.

"What's happening?!" Tony freaked out.

"Call downstairs and have them quickly prep for surgury. We need to get this baby out before it's too late."

"What...." Tony felt breathless. Not even a minute ago Zooey was up and talking, even though she was in pain. Now she was barely hanging on and going in for a c-section. Natalie joined Tony's side wrapped her arms around his arm to contain him before he went into full panic. He didn't really know how to process this other than freak out.

They nurse quickly fixed her bed up so it could be wheeled out and covered her carefully so no on lookers in the hallway could see who she was. Then she was wheeled out before Tony even had a chance to react. In a flash, she was gone.

Natalie calmed down Tony the best she could and it wasn't until his mom arrived at the hospital that he finally got ahold of himself. Panicing was not making the situation any better. Vic, Jaime and Chloe came shortly after. An hour had gone by before they received any news. They all sat in Zooey's room talking quietly when the doctor came in. Tony shot out of his chair once he saw him.

"How is she?"

"It was touch and go for awhile, but we managed to save the baby and Zooey. They are both in the recovery room down the hall, perfectly healthy. You are all welcome to go see them, but one at a time. Room 613." Once the room number slipped from his lips, Tony rushed out of the room and down the hall to find his wife. When he opened the door, he found his wife laying in the hospital bed, looking more exhausted and pale then ever, with a small bundle in her arms. Tony smiled and felt his heart burst with joy.

"Oh look, daddy is here." She whispered to the tiny human resting in her arms. He walked over and Zooey shooted her body over so Tony could lay right beside her. "Say hello to our daughter." Zooey turned and placed the little girl in Tony's arms. He looked so awkward and it made Zooey laugh.

"Holy shitt..." He whispered.

"Don't be teaching her bad words already." Tony smiled slightly but still worried for her.

"How are you feeling? Are you okay now?" He asked.

"I'm fine. Everything is fine. There was just a few complications. The doctor said its rare but it just happens sometimes. I'm okay now." She loved how worried Tony was. It really showed her how much he truly loved her.

Tony looked back at his daughter and smiled. "Skylar Walker Perry." He whispered to the little bundle of joy.

"Really?" Zooey's voice sounded completely unamused.

"You know me, babe." He winked.

"Unfortunately."

"Again, with the little comments, Zooey. Just wait until you are fully recovered. I swear to God." He joked.

"Whatever. Empty threats. Where's everyone else? I know they are lurking the hospital somewhere. Probably causing problems."

"Outside, waiting."

"Waiting for what?"

"The doctor only said one person at a time can be with you."

"Seriously?" She rolled her eyes. "I will buy this hospital and personally fire that doctor is he gives you any problems. Go get them." Tony laughed, then handed Skylar back to Zooey before going out to the hall to get everyone. Mike finally arrived and Zooey's other good friend Ashley was also there.

"Guys..." They looked at Tony and saw him gesture for them to follow him. They did without question and snuck into Zooey's room to see her and the newest addition to the Perry family.

"What's my baby granddaughters name?" Tony's mom asked.

"Skylar Walker Perry." Zooey responed, handing her the baby.

"Tony..." His mom looked right at him completely unimpressed with her son.

"Hey...Zooey could have been the one that named her! Why you look straight to me?"

"Because you're my son and I know better."

"Yeahh....I guess you're right."

Everyone laughed at Tony but they stuck with the name. The nurse came in to get the name at it went on her birth certificate. No one on the hospital staff dared to mess with Zooey when it came to the ammount of people she had in her room. Instead, they moved her out of recovery and into the largest room they had on the floor. One by one everyone slowly left until it was just Tony, Zooey, and Skylar.

"I can't believe we're parents now." Zooey said. Skylar was already put to sleep for the night. She laid in her small crib beside Zooey's bed.

"I know. It's crazy." Tony sighed. "Our life is going to be so much different now, but a good different."

"Yeah...we have a baby."

"A little girl." Tony replied and Zooey yawned. He suddenly felt himself become tired as well. "Good night, wife." He said softly in her ear as sleep slowly took over his body.

"Good night, bitch." She whispered back causing Tony to let out a laugh. It never got old. Baby or not, they were still extremely immature.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another quick update for tonight!
Thank you Steffi3991 and livelaughlove_xo for the comments! I really appreciate the feedback! And thank you to those who recommended my story.

Ill try to have another chapter tomorrow. (: thanks for reading