Status: Completed

All I Wanted Was You

The Worst Part

2020
A month went by. Tony and Zooey had no sort of communication. Especially after a went ago when it was leaked to the press that she and former One Direction star Harry Styles started up a little fling. The two of them hadn't even seen eachother. Isabelle care of the communication between them when it came to Skylar. Zooey wanted nothing to do with Tony and now he was just too angry at her for actually moving on. His chance to win her back vanished that morning in the hospital. Their fairy tale
marriage was over.

Zooey woke up at 7 that morning, much to her dislike since she had just gone to be at 4 after a late night of meetings. It was the first day of September and her fall clothing line was being launched today. She had two morning interviews along with a photoshoot, then in that afternoon she was to attend a charity event in Beverly Hills, only to follow an apperance afterwards.

"Oh, good. You're up." Chloe walked in to find Zooey still laying in bed, completely unmotivated to move. She ignored Zooey's moans of displeasure at the time and marched straight to her windows, throwing open every curtain to allow a faint light of the sun to drown the room.

"Ughhh, I'm so tired." She complained.

"Well, that's too bad. We had a busy day. Get up."

Reluctantly, she got out of her cozy bed, changed her clothes, and made her way slowly downstairs. She was surprised when she entered the kitchen for breakfast to find the entire room covered in vases and bunches of flowers on the counter. "Whatt....?" She smiled. She loved the smell of flowers, especially lillies. Which was what mostly filled the room.

"Yeah, these all arrived about twenty minutes ago. They didn't say from who but there's a card." Chloe handed the card to Zooey and she knew it could only be one of two people she thought off.

Pulling it out of the enevelope, it read: I can't stop thinking of you. At the bottom it was signed with a simple H. Zooey found herself shockingly disappointed.

"You were hoping it was Tony, weren't you?"

"What? No, no." She shook her head. "Of course it wouldn't be him." She scouffed then went on to make herself and Chloe some breakfast before their long day ahead of them.

Tony moved back to San Diego making it harder for him to see Skylar but they worked it out. Sometimes Isabelle would meet him half way. She didn't mind because in a way, she felt bad for Tony. He was currently at the studio with Skye sitting close by, messing with everything she could get her little hands on. Even hitting Mike with some drum sticks. He didn't mind.

"Alright, so we will plan to wrap up this album in the next say....two weeks, then plan for a world tour around November going into Feburary next year. How many songs we got left to record?"Tony was hardly listening to they conversations floating around him. He was too busy watching his carefree daughter. She smiled so bright and had yet to ever feel the pain he was in now. He then thought about Skylar growing up and meeting a guy, only to fall in love then have her heart ripped from her chest like Tony had done to her very own mother. Tony knew that when Skylar begins to start understanding grown up things, she would hate him for what he had done. There was no way around it.

"Tone...Tony!"

"Hmmm..." He broke his gaze then turned to Jaime who was calling him.

"Is that good for you?" Vic asked.

"What?"

"Have you been listening at all?"

"Almost everything." He lied.

"November through February for tour. Is that fine?"

"Uhh, yeah, yeah, that's fine. But what about...." He caught himself about to say December 31st. It would have been important for him to be home on his wedding anniversary, but not anymore. It's hard to believe it would have been their eighth year married. "...nevermind."

"We'll be home then." Vic said looking at Tony with a sadden stare. He knew exactly what his friend was about to say without even having to finish his sentence. Tony always worried about being home that day. Nothing had changed.

"Okay..." He mumbled, then allowed his mind to drift back to his daughter who was now bugging Mike again. Mike playfully fought back and her giggle filled the room. Once business was all done and discussed, Jaime finished another track, then everyone decided to call it a day.

"Can we go shopping?" Skylar asked, as Tony helped her into her car seat in the back of his car.

"Shopping where?"

"Umm, the mall."

"The mall? You're turning into your mom more and more everyday." Zooey was a shopaholic and it was now rubbing off onto Skylar. All she wanted to do was go to the store these days. Tony thankfully didn't mind. Whatever his daughter wanted, she would have.

"We can go to the LEGO store though." She bargained.

"Alright Skywalker, you got me. We'll go to the mall."

"Yes!" She screamed as Tony got into the driver seat and set off towards the higher end mall. People were less likely to bother them there. It wasn't him that he worried about, but his daughter. Everyone was always curious about Skylar and it freaked him out. It was only because of who her mother was. It had nothing to do with Tony. Only his fans cared about that. Zooey took it to a whole other level. Take his fan base and times it by like forty, that's how many you would get.

Tony valeted at Neiman Marcus. Skylar always had to walk through that store because a huge picture of Zooey hung in each one for her clothing line. "Come on!" Skye grabbed Tony's hand and dragged him to the women's department and stopped at Zooey's larger than life poster. "Doesn't mommy look pretty?" She looked up at her mother in awe.

He looked over the picture. "Yes baby, mommy look's beautiful." You could tell how old the picture was by the style of her hair and the ring that glistened on her ring finger. Tony sighed then looked down at his daughter, "Come on, let's go buy some more toys."

"Okay!" She shouted, pulling him away from Zooey's portait.

"Don't get me wrong, I love charity events, but this is entirely boring." Chloe whispered in Zooey's ear while a man on stage spoke.

"Atleast they feed us afterwards."

"There better be a damn buffet with the money you just forked over." Zooey laughed at her assistant then looked back at the man who was now wrapping up his speech.

"Relax Chlo, I'll feed you when we leave." The man finished then the lady hosting the event said a few words before dismissing everyone to go into the other room for drinks. Just what Zooey needed, a strong drink. Unfortunately, all the had was wine.

"What a bust." Chloe groaned. "Oh well, you can't drink anyways. We still have one more apperance to attend. They won't let me down."

"Great." Zooey mumbled. She was exhausted and just want to go home and crawl into her bed. The day proceeded according to plan. They finished up at the charity event, changed, then went on to Zooey's apperance. Once they got back home, Chloe left and Zooey collapsed on her bed after putting pajamas on, but now, she wasn't tired. "Ughhhh."

She flung herself off the bed and took the elevator downstairs. She may not have been tired but she was very lazy. Just then her phone rang. It was Harry.

"I swear, I haven't been ignoring you." She said speaking into the device.

"It's quite alright. Figured you had a busy day. Did you like the flowers?"

"Extremely. I'm exhausted. And I loved the flowers. They're perfect."

"Good, but I guess I have bad timing."

"Bad timing for what?"

"Go to your front door and find out." Zooey walked to the door to see a shadow through the frosted glass windows.

"I hope you aren't here to kill me or something. I am far to tired to run." She joked, pulling open the door and allowing Harry to come inside. He kissed her softly then shut the door behind him.

"Not here to kill, but perhaps you might faint due my ravishingly good looks."

"Don't flatter yourself, Styles." She rolled her eyes. "I didn't know you were in the states. I thought you were in England."

"Surprise!"

"I hate surprises." She replied, with a smile. She was only half joking. She did indead hate surprises. The only person she didn't mind them from was Tony.

"Well, I'm a good surprise. So, you'll get over it. Any lady would love to see me standing on their front door."

"Except this lady."

"I'll take care of that lady then." He grabbed Zooey's hand and pulled her into his arms, and kissed her with all the passion he could muster. Although the kiss was delightful, Zooey's mind wandered to Tony. It was weird being with one man for so long, then suddenly kissing another. She couldn't help but compare their differences. While Tony had rough fingers and hands due to his guitar playing, Harry's were soft. Harry lips didn't mesh perfectly with her own like Tony's did. Harry didn't hold her like Tony did. Harry didn't smell like Tony did. Harry didn't whisper sweet little things in her ear. Harry didn't do anything like Tony. Harry wasn't Tony.

Zooey had to pull away to stop her mind from running. "Are you going to stay the night? I really have to get some sleep. I've another early morning tomorrow." Half of that was a lie. She didn't really have to get up early, but used it as an excuse to have him sleep over but not try anything on her. Sleep was all that was going to occur tonight.

"Might as well. I've got an early morning as well."

"Perfect." Her mouth formed and small smile then the two of them headed upstairs to her bedroom. Harry didn't need to change as he was already in his pajamas when he came over. So, they got into bed and suddenly, Zooey felt strange. She looked over at Harry who was currently indulged deeply into his cell phone and felt weird. That wasn't Tony laying beside her. Tony would never be on his phone and leave her unattended.

For some reason, Tony always had his constant attention on her when they were together. She wished she could say the same. Some nights she paid no mind to him at all because she was busy with business needs. Now she knew what it felt like laying there with Harry. She felt unwanted. She wanted Tony to be the one beside her. Instead, she had Harry in Tony's spot. "Goodnight." She whispered, turning off the night on the nightstand.

"I've got to make a quick call, but you go to sleep." Harry leaned over and kissed her foreheard before leaving the bed and walking out on to the balcony with the phone attached to his ear. She frowned before rolling over to face the other side and closed her eyes to fall into a dreamless sleep.

The next morning, the sound of the doorbell echo the house, reaching to her bedroom. "Shit." She mumbled, not knowing who the hell it could be. She got out of bed and threw on a hoodie to cover the fact she had no bra on. There's no telling who could be on the other end. She didn't want them seeing her in a tank and short shorts, with no bra. That'd be embarrassing.

"I'm coming!" She shouted down the stairs. "Oh shit..." She whispered. It was Tony and Skylar. Skylar dragged Tony inside and threw her bag on the floor. She began to make a habit of dragging Tony everywhere. I guess that's what he got for being a total push over with her.

"Hi mommy!" She shouted, hugging her then running off into the other room.

"Sorry for bringing her back early. I just have a meeting about tour and I knew that wouldn't be fun for her. I already called Isabelle and she sai..." Tony's eyes wander to the left, where a shirtless figure came walking down the stairs without a care in the world.

"Fuck..." Zooey mumbled under her breath. Harry reached the last step and looked between the two of them, not realizing Tony was standing there when he came out. Zooey looked at Tony to find his face completely broken, but that brokeness turned quickly to anger. "Tony..it's not wha..."

"Not what it looks like...yeah, sure."

"Seriously, we.." It looked like the two had slept together. Zooey's hair was a mess from her pillows and Harry was barely clothed. Both totally normal, considering Zooey's hair was always a disaster when she woke and Harry had a hard time keeping clothes on in general. He hated them.

Tony didn't wait for her explantion or repsonse. He just stormed out, slamming the door behind him. "What the hell?" Harry's eyebrows knitted together. "What an ass."

Zooey looked at Harry and sighed. "I can't believe that just happened." She confessed. "This is the last thing I wanted him to see."

"Uhh, you don't have feelings for him still, do you?" Zooey felt cornered. If she said yes, Harry would walk right out of her house and never come back. If she said no, she would be lying to Harry. The second seemed better than the first, so she lied.

"No, no, of course not. It's just awkward...with the divorce and all. Weird." She knew she had convinced him when he smiled and kissed her softly. But not the same soft way Tony did.

"Right, I've got to get dressed. I got an early flight to Japan in two hours."

"Okay." She replied. Harry went upstairs and Zooey went off to find her daughter.

"Did daddy leave?" Skylar pouted, holding her Chewbacca stuffed toy.

"Yeah baby."

"But I wanted him to stay." Tears began to form in her eyes and Zooey knew a tanturm was about to take place if she didn't calm her down.

"He'll be right back. He just needed to go to a meeting for work. Don't worry, love."

"Do you have to work today?" She pouted, wiping her eyes.

"Nope. I'm all yours today." Zooey pulled out her phone and quickly texted Vivian to clear her day and Isabelle to tell her that she didn't need to come over. "How about, you go down to the theater, get a movie all set up for us, and I'll be right there and we can have a movie day?"

"Can daddy come too?"

"We can call and ask." Zooey knew there was no way in hell he would agree to that now, but she wasn't going to tell her daughter no. That would raise questions. Skylar could already sense something was severly wrong with her parents anyways.

"Yayy!" She shouted then ran away. Zooey took this as her opportunity to rush Harry out of the house before Skylar saw. She took the elevator up and found Harry sitting on her bed, on the phone.

"You've got to leave, now."

"Why?"

"Skylar is here and I don't want her seeing you."

"Awh, I wanted to meet her."

"Now isn't the best time. She's already upset that Tony left and still doesn't know that him and I aren't together anymore."

"You really haven't told her?" He asked, judgment in his voice.

"It's not exactly easy to tell your six year old daughter that her father fucked another girl and the two of you got a divorce because it. So, no, I haven't told her yet." She found herself actually becoming mad at Harry. He didn't have kids. He's never been married. Harry didn't understand the pressure of both of those things. He had no room to talk.

"Sorry babe." He apologized, getting off the bed and kissing her. "I'll sneak out, but when I get back from Japan, maybe you me and Skylar can all have dinner and stuff. You can just introduce me as your friend." But wasn't that what they were? Zooey was completely unaware to that fact that they had become anything more than that. It was something they hadn't even talked about yet. They acted like a couple in the early stages of dating, but were they really a couple?

"Okay." Was her simple response with a smile instead of what was really on her mind.

Zooey managed to get Harry out without Skylar knowning and also managed to keep her mind clear of her father the rest of the day. She distracted her with sweets, her favorite movies and even bribbed her with a trip to Disneyland later that week. Who would have thought it would really come to this? She knew now that it was time for Tony and her to sit down with their daughter and tell her the truth. This game had gone on long enough.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback would be great! (:

I love writing this story so updating is really easy. I won't forget about it and delete it like I've done with all my other stories I've post on here. This one will be one I actually finish! Yay