‹ Prequel: The Devil's Angel
Status: Hope you guys enjoy. Feedback will be appreciated. :)

Forever; The Devil's Angel

Masquerade

“Everything is perfect,” Elena commented as she took in the view in front of her. The weather was marked to perfection too with partially clouded sky from where the moon beamed and light, gentle breeze retouching everything with the essence of life.

Seeing the people in elegant and colorful dresses, their faces hidden behind a mask presented a mysterious yet exciting feeling. It was a sight they rarely saw in Mystic Falls but it was pleasantly good. With Silas gone and Klaus too, things seemed normal, life was normal. Even being a vampire was normal and that was all they wanted.

“It is. It’s always surprising to witness such…” Stefan searched for the word, “Normalcy,” he said finally with a smile. His eyes were shining with glee and Elena mirrored his sentiments. “Do you remember the last time they held the masquerade ball,” he scoffed as he shook his head at the memory, “We spent the whole thing in a magically enclosed room trying to kill Katherine.”

“Well, at least we had something to do,” Damon interjected. “This,” he gestured to the party that laid in front of him, “is boring.”

“No, it’s peaceful,” Elena stated in matter of fact tone.

“Who wants peace?” Damon asked, raising his eyebrows at her as if it was the most preposterous thing he had ever heard. “It’s boring and I…don’t do boring,” he cocked his head to a side and faked a smile as he unlinked his arm from Elena and patted his shoulder.

“You enjoy the peace with your peaceful and gentleman boyfriend,” he commented lightly as he eyed Elena’s hand on Stefan’s arm. Yes, he was out of here.

“Do you think he’s ok?” She asked concerned as she kept her eyes on Damon’s retreating figure.

“Yes,” Stefan sighed, “He’s just…” he shrugged, “He’s just being Damon.”

Elena bit on her bottom lip, “Let’s just hope that’s all.”

******************************************************

“Tell me, which one do you like better?” Maya teased with a smile in her voice as she looked at Katherine standing beside her, sipping her drink.
“The standing one,” she replied in her low, husky voice, “the one with my plain doppelganger.”

Maya snorted, “You both look so different even with the same looks,” she remarked as she looked over to Stefan laughing with Elena.

“Here’s the thing,” Katherine started, “We don’t look alike. I’m much prettier,” she said in a confident tone and flashed her eyebrows as she jutted out her chin.

Maya laughed, “Yes, that’s why the both Salvatore brothers drool all over her,” she raised her eyebrow at Katherine who glared at her in irritation and earned a shrug from Maya.

“Well, I personally think,” Maya paused as she looked over the crowd and spotted Damon at the drinking station, “that the dark haired one is real catch. Admit it, Kat. Even with that mask on his pretty face, I can tell he’s hot,” she said but kept his eyes on him.

“Oh, I never denied it,” Katherine smiled coyly as she waved her hand in dismissal, “He is total hotness and he knows all the tricks to impress us women,” she winked at Maya who glanced over to her and smiled brazenly.

“Sounds delicious,” she smirked, “I’ll see it for myself though,” she said as she started in his direction.

“Hey,” Katherine stopped her by grabbing her arm and turned her around to face her, “Be careful. They know about Mia. Bonnie must’ve told them and you know what Vanessa said,” she looked at her to see if she understood it well.

They had returned from their little trip which was not so successful but it gave her a little information. How the Salvatore’s started to question about the prophecy that said there was to be a girl that would kill Silas and all those things about angel?

She wasn’t sure if she believed in angels but the world that she lived it, she knew everything was possible. She also assumed that the only reason Mia could be alive would have to be the cure. If there was more than one cure and somehow, she was given it which brought her back from dead.

There was no other theory that made sense. Vanessa also told her about the Salvatore’s coming there in search for the effects of cure. She told her the only person that could help her was Samantha but on her arrival there, she found that Samantha and her boyfriend had left. Where? Nobody knew.

Katherine knew she couldn’t deny anything like that. If it was some kind of angel who defeated Silas, it simply meant that she was more powerful than him and Katherine wanted her. She didn't knew much about her but she knew she had to find everything she could about it.

Everyone had a weakness. Katherine was a firm believer of that fact and she knew she had to find the weakness of that angel person and she could ask her to make her immortal because she needed to survive. Wasn’t that what the angels were supposed to do? Save people and help them?

“I know that, Kat. I was there during your interrogation with that girl,” Maya replied, “But don’t worry. I know what I have to do,” she smiled.
“What?” Katherine asked as she took a step forward and eyed her cautiously seeing the concealed smile on her face. Maya bit her lip to stop from grinning.

“Who has to know I’m Maya?” she said, “And not Mia?”