‹ Prequel: The Devil's Angel
Status: Hope you guys enjoy. Feedback will be appreciated. :)

Forever; The Devil's Angel

New Insights

"Bonnie," he said as a greeting, walking through the front door.

Bonnie peeked from around the door, "Damon?" she asked. Her brows lifted as she saw him. Him here was not good. She remembered when he came to ask her for a favor which against her better judgment she did. Linking him with Mia that day still renewed the guilt in her. It didn't matter that it ended up being all good, she knew she still did wrong and maybe, Mia would never forgive her. It was her fault that Damon had died that day.

"What are you doing here?" she asked skeptically.

"Yes, it's always a pleasure to meet you, Bonnie," he smirked as he casually entered the living room.

"I didn't mean it like that, Damon. I just..." she wanted to tell him she was sorry but he didn't remember anything so, bringing it up was not the very good idea.

"I know. I get it, Bonnie," he smiled before he turned serious, "It wasn't your fault. It was my choice and I'm glad that you...complied," he said as he waited for her reply.

Bonnie was shocked. He was talking like he knew but she was sure he couldn't know, couldn't remember. How could he? They had taken his memories away. He couldn't get them back. The spell casted by angels was the most strongest. It would take an even powerful witch to break it.
She squinted her eyes as her heart sped up. She cocked her head, "You know?" she asked unsure of herself.

Damon smiled, pride surging through him, "Yes and I'm telling you, Bonnie. It wasn't your fault. In fact, I should be thanking you. If it wasn't for that link, Mia would've died and I-I," he sighed. He understood the guilty looks Bonnie had sent his way all summer. She thought it was her fault that he had died and Mia left but he knew better. "It's all good now. She'll come back."

Bonnie smiled as she took a step towards him, "I'm sor..."

Damon held up his finger and raised his eyebrows, "Uh uh. What did I say?" he frowned. "Chill, Bon-Bon."

Bonnie raised her eyes brows, her lips turning up into a small smile, "Bon-bon?" she questioned incredulous, "Is that supposed to be an upgrade from the wicked witch of the west?"

Damon shrugged and shot her a beaming smile as he turned away from her, "So," he rubbed his hands together, "I need a favor," he asked without looking at her.

"Umm...no" Bonnie said as she straightened up and followed after him, "You do remember what happened when you asked me the favor last time, don't you?" She asked.

"Yeah," he turned back, "I died," he smirked at her but sobered under the glare she sent him and raised his eyebrows, "and...Came back to life so," he gave her the dramatic pause, "it's all good now and we can be partners in crime together. Again."

"Hey, how did you get'em back?" she asked, her curiosity piqued on the particular issue.

Damon looked her past his shoulder. He didn't had to ask. He knew what she was asking him, "I'm a warlock," he smirked, "What do you think, smarty pants?"

Bonnie rolled her eyes at yet another name from him, "I know that it requires a very trained and powerful witch," she stated, looking at him.
"Or a warlock," Damon added as he smirked at her.

"No way," Bonnie stopped suddenly as she considered the possibility. She looked at him with wide eyes, "You did it?"

Damon nodded just as she started to shake her head, "You sound so surprised?" he raised his eyebrows at her.

"It is. Surprising, I mean. How long have you been practicing magic?" she asked taking a step towards him.

"It's been quite a while now actually," he answered with a smile.

"The spell. It was cast by angelic powers," she shook her head in disbelief, "It's a very hard thing to do, you know. To break that kind of spell."

"Ah! Well, I'm not the one to brag," he shrugged and gave her a few moments to absorb their conversation before asking her his questions. There was a different kind of buzz he felt, the thrill of learning something new, to feel more connected to his source.

Bonnie chuckled as she walked towards him, "What did you use?" she asked.

Damon turned around, "What do you mean, what did I use?"

"For the spell to work," Bonnie nodded her head thinking her question was clear enough but the confusion on Damon's face told her otherwise.
She straightened her shoulders, "You know like where did you drew your energy from?" she looked at him expectantly and continued when he shook his head, "Was it full moon? Or..." she stopped when Damon knitted his eyebrows together.

She sighed, "Ok, how did you it? The spell? What did you do?"

Damon looked at her few seconds, trying his best to understand, "The usual. Drew the circle, put on the candles and chanted away," he replied with a shrug. There really was no big deal about the spell other than the fact that he was rendered unconscious by it, "I fainted though, if that matters for anything," he added in a whatever way.

"Ok," she dragged, "For that kind of powerful spell, you need something to hold onto, like I said before either it's moon or comet or...blood and you didn't use any of it."

Damon shook his head slowly thinking about that dark night by the lake and his frustration, "Nope. None of those things," he finally stated.
"Wow," Bonnie was genuinely surprised, "I've never heard anything like it except with the expression of course," she smiled at him and Damon's ears perked up. Expression. Now, they were talking.

"Expression?" he questioned as if he had no idea what it was.

Bonnie waved it off, "Forget about it. Crazy stuff," she said and Damon tried to mask his annoyance with a smile. Finally when they were at the topic he wanted to discuss, she was going off the track, "So, what favor did you wanted?" she asked politely and interested.

Damon thought about his answer. He didn't want her to suspect anything. It wasn't though as if he was trying something illegal yet, he didn't want to raise any suspicions as to where his thoughts were leading him. "Actually. That's what I came here for," he shrugged and put the mantel piece back, "You know colleague to colleague kinda session. I don't know the ABC to my magic," he put on his charming bravado.

Bonnie laughed, "I was just commending you on how great a job you did with that spell which I suppose would have been hard, even for me and here you are telling me you don't know you ABC to magic," she shook her head in mock disbelief, "But as far as expression goes, Grams told me that it was even worse than dark magic."

"How so? I mean, dark one is pretty badass itself. How is it even worse?" he kept a casual attitude.

"It's even worse because," she sat on the couch and Damon followed her, "there's no one to keep a check on your magic. You know magic, it runs on your ancestral spiritual powers."

"Like Emily?" he raised his eyebrows at her as he sat beside her and she tilted to face him.

"Yes, like Emily and Grams and others were for me. I tapped into my ancestral abilities. The dark magic is just magic with dark purpose behind it or some extremely powerful spell which excels from my own strength or a selfish one," she told him, "Expression, however gives a...whole new definition to the word power. You remember, don't you?"

"When you turned into a psycho witch? Yes, I do. Perfectly," he cocked his head and smirked at her.

Bonnie chuckled before turning serious, "I don't know what I would've done without Mia there to pull me back," she said in a small voice and Damon could hear the fear that still lingered there, "She saved me," she said in a grateful tone and pride surged through Damon. It was her angel, she was truly a savior to everyone.

Bonnie saw the tenseness in Damon's stature at the mention of her name. It had to hurt like hell, she knew that. She took a deep breath and steered the topic away from Mia, "So, expression. It has nobody to check up on you. You have all the free access and you can do whatever you want. Like Grams said, it's a manifestation of your own will. Requires nothing...except darkness. Extreme darkness and murders," she almost hissed the last word.

Damon gave her a single nod, lost in his own deep thoughts. He was redeemed of every wrong he had ever committed when he woke up, when Mia gave him that chance. He wondered if he deserved it. If there were others like him out there that deserved such redemption, so free of cost and then it hit him, boiling his blood, bubbling it up into white rage.

Free of cost? How was it free of cost? He was paying for that redemption with every single breath he took, his every breath a reminder of what he lost, of Mia and the love they shared and how she was his redemption enough.

He clenched his eyes and took deep breaths, already knowing they wouldn't work. The will to bring her back somehow and be able to keep her gnawed at him. He wanted...no, he needed her there with him, his happy ever after more than he needed his next breath but he had to wait. He knew he had to wait and do things he didn't want to do but with her as a prize at the end, there was absolutely nothing that would convince him otherwise.

*********************************************************

"Back to Cam," Mia said as she snapped her fingers in front of Cam who blinked twice and rested his eyes on her. "What?" he questioned and Mia sighed. "I thought it was just the girl's thing," she said.

"What thing?" he asked raising his eyebrow at her.

"You know, fantasizing and day dreaming. Getting lost in the most perfect of stories," she said and smiled dreamily.

"You're doing it right now," he accused her while pointing his finger at her and she pushed out the images of perfect blue eyes from her mind. She opened her mouth to protest but decided against it. Cam knew it anyway and it wasn't her fault. She couldn't have him the way she wanted, dreams and fantasies was all she had.

Seeing her clamping her mouth shut, Cam smiled to himself, "It wasn't the day dreaming," he said, "it was the whisperers," he shrugged.
"The what?" she asked straightening up.

"The whisperers, Mia. You don't see them?" he asked, disbelief lacing his voice. Mia stared at him with wide eyes as she slowly shook her head.
"That's why you never questioned," he said to himself. He thought that maybe Samantha had told her and that's why she never asked. It didn't occur to him that she couldn't see them. All the angels could see them. Why not her, he wondered.

"You're lost again," Mia said irritated.

"No," he replied immediately, "No, I'm here. I was thinking why you can't see them because all the angels can," he said and Mia looked at him pointedly. "What's wrong with me then?"

“You really can't see them?" he asked again and Mia rolled her eyes. "You want me to sign that on a stamp paper, Cam? Of course, I can't see them. What are they, anyway? I haven't even heard of them," she said.

"Great, you do need a class. Angel 101," he smiled, making a dramatic motion with his hand.

"Or maybe, you could save me from the torture of Angelic high school and tell me what they are?" Mia faked a coy smile at him and he chuckled. The word angel still irked her to no extent but she had learned not to wince at the word.

"There's no such thing as that, you know. High school for angels..." he started but Mia cut him off. "I know, Cam. I know that. The whisperers, now. What are they and what do they do?" she asked again.

Cam turned serious at her request this time as he held her eyes with his own, "Whisperers are the small messengers. They gather information and let us know," he said.

"Like a spy?" Mia questioned.

Cam chuckled, "You always have an analogy ready with Earthly thing," he said.

Mia shrugged, "Its home," she shrugged, a little sadness in her voice, the way it always came whenever she talked about it.

"No, Mia. Home is up there," he pointed to the sky and felt Mia tense at his side. "Home is where the heart is," she replied to his statement and quickly wiped the tear that escaped her eye, "and heart is..." her voice broke and she let the sentence hang between them because speaking it loud made it more real and more painful and because he understood it.

"You both wouldn't ever give up," he said to himself and Mia straightened. Both, he said. Was he talking about Damon? Did he do something?
Seeing Mia look at him narrowed eyes, he replayed their conversation and smacked himself mentally when he realized that he spoke his thoughts out loud and now, she was wondering why he said both.

"Is everything ok?" she asked and Cam knew it was a test. He was caught already and she was just asking him to be honest with her. Still, he couldn't just tell her. "Yes," he lied in a small voice.

"What did he tell you?" she leaned towards him, looking straight into his eyes, daring him with her own gaze for the truth, "What did the whisperer tell you?" she asked again.

"Mia, really. It's nothing," he tried to play it down.

"God, it's about Damon, Cam," she stood up and Cam followed, "What the hell is it? Is he ok? Is he fine? Is he hurt?" she was panicking as she ran her fingers through her hair. When he didn't say anything, her heart started to shrink.

“Mia,” he started but she cut him off. He wasn't sure what to say, how to break it to her that he might have his memories back, that he might remember her now because that's what the whisperer told him.

"Ok, don't tell me what happened," she said in desperation, "Just tell me if he's ok and fine. That's all I'm asking," she shook her head and looked at him with wide eyes, begging, pleading.

Cam took her hand in his own, "He's fine, Mia. He's alright. He's okay," he said in a soothing voice and saw Mia sighing in relief, her breathing becoming normal again and she closed her eyes, willing her paranoid self to get in control. He was fine. Everything was fine.

"You could have just told me when I asked," she glared at him once she got her breath back.

"I would have, yes. I didn't knew you would react so overdramatically," he said in a flow and regretted the words as soon as they left his mouth.
A current of emotions flowed through Mia and she seethed with anger. "Over dramatically?" she hissed as she crossed her arms. "Mia, I'm sorry," Cam started berating himself.

"I freakin' love him," she screamed the words at him, "Is that so hard to freakin' understand?" Cam took a step back because she was in a full on attack mode, "and I was worried because I can't be there for him and he needs me. He needs me," she said giving in to weaker part of her that wanted to cry at the unfairness of the world.

Cam shook his head, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that," he said as he came to hug her but she pushed him away. "I need to go," she said simply as she turned around.

"Mia, I'm sorry. Where are you going to go?" he came after her and Mia spun around. "I need to be alone, Cam," she said in a stern voice, "I'll be back. It's not as if I can disappear anyway," she said in part disgust and part anger.

He was in Italy as she had learnt last. She decided not to go there. She couldn't face him...but Stefan, he must know what had happened. She could go to him. She could ask him and see for herself what it was all about, she decided.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, Mia's going to Salvatore's place. Guess who's there already?
How you like it and what do you want to see, let me know? It means a great deal that you're all liking it.​​