‹ Prequel: The Devil's Angel
Status: Hope you guys enjoy. Feedback will be appreciated. :)

Forever; The Devil's Angel

Tryst

It was same. Everything was just the way since she last saw it but yet so much had changed. Their whole lives had changed, especially her and then Damon’s and it wasn’t the way it was supposed to be, the way it was to be played out. She push the negativity out of her mind as she thought about her reason for being here.

“Stefan,” she called out. They had to be here. They would be surprised to see her for sure but she will just ask them about Damon and leave but she had no idea what was in for her surprise.

"Mia," he whispered, his insides twisting and turning till everything fell into place and he slowly breathed out, trying to make himself believe. It was her. Could it be real...really actually her? His heart paced as he felt his palms sweating with nervous energy, his blood drumming in his veins, pounding in his ears.

Mia's eyes snapped to the only voice that could melt her, that could stole her breath to the point that she needed nothing but his sweet, forbidden love. His wide blue eyes pinned her to her place, fixating her.

It was still a wonder how just one look from him made her helpless, weak but strong at the time. She could feel the heat around her, the raw passion, hidden pain, looks that spoke volumes for their hearts and crushed souls.

Damon was encompassed in the warmth and radiance that was purely her. He didn't know how it was and for how long but the simple truth that it was really her deluded every other thought.

"Tell me it's you," he said in a soft voice as if louder voice will rip apart the picture where she looked so perfect. Locking his eyes with her haunting chocolate brown, he stepped towards her, his every single step syncing with her thumping heart.

"I love you, Damon. Always have."

“Damon! Damon! Don't, please, don't. Please, please, please. Don't go," she sobbed, "Please."

Damon was in front of her in two long strides as he took her face in his hands. "Damon," she murmured against his lips as he captured her mouth with his, drowning her in the depths of love he felt for her.

Mia moaned as she responded, returning the kiss with equal fervor, passion, longing as she slide her hand into his hair, yanking him towards her, pulling him closer. Damon complied as he pushed her back against the wall and pressed into her, his hand glided at her side, feeling, exploring.

There was sparks and there were fireworks. It could be a whole atomic explosion for all they cared as they lost themselves in each other, slaking their ever long thirst as they devoured hungrily, passionately on each other, finding peace and solace in the embrace they longed for. The pain and hurt that was a permanent resident flew out, dissolving in the fresh mist of reunion.

He was here, touching her, kissing her. It felt so surreal, so out of place. She had given up these thoughts and hope for moments like this but it was real…really happening and her soul was singing, her heart dancing and she feeling. All the good things she wanted to feel, all the great things she wanted to numb resurfaced making her woozy.

It wasn’t a memory, none of his blocked memory. It was real. She was real and whatever that was happening, it was real and he wanted to pause the time so he could stay just like that, wrapped up in a moment of perfection with his angel, his excruciatingly gorgeous angel.

Pulling back from her, Damon rested his forehead with hers, their breaths mingling, teasing. She could feel the hotness of it on her skin. Her heart was soaring, flying as she kept her eyes closed and sighed in content. Damon brought his hand to rest on her cheek as he gently caressed her smooth, creamy skin reigniting the buzzing spark that had settled in the pit of her stomach.

"What did I say about running away?" he asked softly wanting her to open her eyes. Her grip on him tightened as she slowly opened her eyes to see his deep blue staring straight at her.

She searched his eyes, formulating a reply in her mind. She didn't want to run away, she never did but she wasn't given a choice. She knew that the people who said that there was always a choice lied because sometimes none was given and the ones given were close ended. They were the choice between the bad and worst not the good and bad like they expected but she also wanted to own her action not put it on her lack of choice.
She leaned forward and kissed him again, her heart fluttering inside her chest all warm and happy. She just wanted to feel him, atone for all the time they were apart. It was impossible to comprehend how a body and soul can ache that much for someone but she knew all about it and the way he held her, she knew he understood it too.

"I couldn't stay away," she said, her breathing hard, "Running," she paused as she looked into his eyes, "is not my strongest point. Not where you're concerned," she lowered her eyes and sighed, a little pink creeping into her skin.

Damon cupped her cheek, feeling the softness of her skin, the purity that surrounded him was heavenly. He could feel the warmth of her, the soft eyes silently pleading, her parted lips and laborious breaths sent him into an over drive as he felt the air pulsating around them.

Stefan faked a cough to grab their attention, "Get a room, you both," he said and Elena swat his arm, the most biggest smile on her face. Mia blinked twice to focus on them. Since the moment that Damon entered the room, she didn't know about anything but him and his magnetic presence.

"Don't mind them," Damon said rolling his eyes and fixed them on Mia again. He didn't want to look at meaningless world anymore, not when she was in his arms the way she was always supposed to be.

This is when it struck her. Damon remembered her. How was that even possible? How could he remember her?

“Welcome back,” Stefan said happily with a smile on his face and Mia tried to get away from Damon. She had no idea what was happening, she needed a moment. He couldn’t remember her, it wasn’t impossible and she was so lost in the feel of him that she didn’t noticed that he had called her name, he knew her.

She didn’t know what to think. She was still riding the aftershocks of the kiss they shared, her heart was soaring that he remembered her and the time they spent, the horrible things they went through but she was terrified. What if they find out? Will they hurt him again? Snatch him away from her?

Damon caged her in and leaned forward to rest his forehead against hers as he ran his hand through her side. "Stay," he whispered. He couldn’t just let her go like that. He could see it in her eyes that she was terrified but the world be damned, he just found her.

Mia sighed. One word from him and all the worries, all doubts and surprises were gone. She wanted to stay. She wanted to stay forever but the cold, cruel world didn't work like that. "I..." she started but Damon cut her off.

"Please, stay. Just the night," he said against her lips. Mia felt the shiver running in her body, curling her toes. She felt physical pain uttering the next words, "I can't. You know, I can't."

"She will if you promise to take care of her," Cam interfered from behind and Damon angled his body away from Mia's and regarded Cam seriously. He had to follow her, of course and then saw Damon and her embracing like the lost lovers they were.

"When did I ever not?" he questioned and Mia smiled warmly at him. It was his priority number one, she knew.

"I just want her to see happy again," Cam said nodding towards Mia who was glaring at him. She didn't want Damon to know how broken she had been without him. She knew it would only hurt him and make him sad and she wanted to see him just as content and joyful as she felt with him at that very moment and also because she was still upset with Cam and knew it was his move at making up.

"You and me both, buddy," Damon said, returning his gaze to Mia as he kissed the top of her head and she closed her eyes in glee, forgetting Cam and how pissed she was at him.

"Final then. She can stay here but I'll come tomorrow," Cam said as he turned around to leave, hoping that the small gesture would cool her down. He was stupid, he said crazy things and Mia understood him but whenever it concerned Damon, she just closed her eyes and went all crazy on him.

"Cam," Mia called after him, only because she had to, “You know I can't. What if they find out? I have to go back," she said. She was scared that they will ban her from ever returning again if she got caught and she couldn't imagine that.

"Not tonight, you don't," he said in a stern voice, "I promised you that you will see him again and I'm going to keep it. I'll go and look into the Vincent situation and report to you everything tomorrow. You, in the meantime are staying here," he pointed to the floor and smiled, "Take chances, have fun," he said before walking out of the room.

"I like that guy," Damon said, "Why did I ever hate him before?" he raised his eye brow at Mia who shook her head with a small smile on her face. “Hey,” he cooed, “it’s going to be fine,” he said cupping her face, assuring her with his undeterred gaze.

"What's the Vincent situation?" Stefan asked curious.

Mia snatched her eyes from Damon and opened her mouth to answer the question to explain it but Damon put his finger on her lips, "Don't. You're mine for the night," he said and the words chilled Mia to the bones but not with fear, with nervousness and excitement and all perfect things he made her feel.

His voice was full of promise and love and the look that accompanied it was too much for her to handle as she held his arms to support herself. "Ignore him and his stupid inquisition," he said as he took her hand to pull her away from the wall and led her away and she was happy to comply.
Elena squealed as she jumped on Stefan and hugged him tight. Seeing them together was just as exciting for her as it was a reunion between her and Stefan. She was giddy with joy.

She could almost see all the darkness around Damon float away at the sight of her and Mia, her bathing radiance was really out of the world, purely angelic. She hoped it would stay that way, they could find their forever with each other.

"You sure are excited," Stefan remarked and Elena beamed at him. "I'm just happy. It's like our family's coming together again. They’re all the family we have and can ever have,” she said and Stefan kissed at the top of her head.

"You didn't have to do it," Damon said as he closed the door behind him and Mia turned around to face him.

"Do what?" she asked, unsure of what he was talking about.

"You didn't have to take away my memories," he said as he strolled towards her and took her hand in his own, firm but gentle grip.

Mia knew that already. This was what Cam must have learned from the whisperer, she thought but she had to know for herself and she couldn't have imagined that her small need to ask for him would end up in this. She was standing with him right there with him so close, so alive and perfect.

"I know," she said knowing well how being without memories was a torture and how each and every day and night was filled with frustration, "I thought that maybe you would..."

"Forget you? Move on? Find my happy ever after with someone else?" he questioned in rapid succession and Mia's heart started from a slow walk to a trot to a full on gallop.

"Yes," she whispered as she took a small step back but Damon countered it with his step forward. He cupped her face delicately as if she was made of glass, making her weak in the knees.

"Can you?" he asked running his fingers on her face, circling his thumb under her eyes. "Can I what?" she asked, her eyes flicking to his lips back to his blur orbs.

"Forget this?" he asked and he leaned forward. His lips touched her shoulder and slowly moved to the base of neck. Mia shivered, "Ne-ver," her voice came out in a rasp and she swallowed.

"How could...I?" he asked as his lips moved upward to her jawline and Mia arched her head back to give him space. "Somewhere deep inside, I didn't want you to," she admitted in same voice and drew in a shaky breath, "forget."

"That's why I couldn't," he whispered to her, "and why you shouldn't have done it in the first place. You should've known that we are so much more than that," he said looking into her eyes.

Mia opened her mouth to say something. What could she say? What was the reply to the most amazing thing someone can say to you? How can you counter that? So much more than that. She sighed as she filed the words inside her for they were hers to keep forever.

Damon saved her the trouble as he hushed her and took her mouth drawing her into a sweet torment, a blissful torture. He grabbed her arms and guided her to the bed. She was there with him but it wasn't enough. He couldn't get enough and the way she responded he knew it wasn't enough for her either.

It had been so long and they just had limited time, their goodbyes almost lingering in the air beside them. She would leave tomorrow and who knew how long it would be till he see her again.

He pushed those painful thoughts away, drowning into the reality, into her as he touched her, explored her, relished in her soft moans and whispers. Somewhere deep, Mia was still afraid, still terrified, but his every touch, every word sunk into her erasing all her fears and doubts, filling them with love and perfection of who they both were.

At the contact of their skin, raw and bare emotions shot straight from her into him. His every burning touch branded her as their breaths came in shorter. Every touch held a tonic that healed them both and sew together all the wounds. It washed away every moment of pain as every ounce of desperation they felt for each other exploded around them turning into blissful frenzy.

"I love you," Mia whispered, catching her breath but kept her eyes locked with his. The deep blue ocean she thought she would never see again but here she was, so completely with him.

"I wish you could stay," he replied, "I can't...I miss you so damn much," he sighed and then leaned to kiss her cheek, lingering there wishing to stay that way forever.

"I wish that too," she said but knew they were all wishes, petty wishes but she tried to push the darkness away as she snuggled closer to him, a little closer to her devil, and a little closer to her own perfect heaven. The true heaven.

He could do this every day for the rest of his forever and she would never cease to make him feel the way he did. "I love you more," Damon said as he brought his lips to hers again, reigniting the sparking flame and named the night with his name and hers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Only You're The One - Lifehouse
In My Veins - Andrew Belle
Let me know what you guys think? :)