‹ Prequel: The Devil's Angel
Status: Hope you guys enjoy. Feedback will be appreciated. :)

Forever; The Devil's Angel

The After Morning

She stirred lightly, her eyes still closed as she snuggled into the warmth. She moaned when a familiar scent woke her senses up. The feelings from previous night clouded her mind wrapping her in bliss and satisfaction and she had to admit, she was a little nervous as to what would have changed between them.

She sighed against his chest and closed her eyes again reliving everything. She felt his arm around her tighten and she smiled. "Miangelo," he whispered and Mia raised her head to look at him.

He was facing away from her and his breathing was slow and calm. She knitted her eyebrows together, "Miangelo?" she repeated his phrase. What was that? She thought as she got up slowly and decided to take a bath.

Damon had the most peaceful sleep since he had woken as a human. He was fully rested and completely happy until he opened his eyes and found the empty bed. His beat kicked up a notch. Had she left already? Without saying goodbye? Especially after last night? He sat up straighter and moved his hand against the place where she had been laying, disappointment and sadness filling up his pores.

"Still here," her voice flooded him with relief as he snapped his head to her direction and saw her in a towel, leaning against the doorframe. She smiled coyly at him, "I didn't have anything else to wear," she explained with a shrug.

"I don't mind," he replied cocking his head to a side, the very familiar and beloved smirk gracing his lips.

Mia jumped as the knock on the door startled her and Damon shook his head at her. "Still the coward," he commented.

"Still the cocky perv," she flashed a smile at him and went to answer the door.

Elena's eyes widen seeing Mia in just a towel, "Oh," she exclaimed and Damon raised his eyebrows. "I'm..." Elena started but Mia cut her off. "I didn't have any clothes to change into. You think I can fit into yours?" She asked and Elena knitted her eyebrows as she ran her eyes on Mia.
Damon groaned and widen his eyes, "Is she checking you out?” he said and made a face.

“What?” Elena snapped her eyes to his and seeing the very familiar smirk and playfulness in his eyes, she shook her head.

Mia rolled her eyes, "Shut up, Damon," she said, returning her gaze to Elena and Damon shrugged to himself. "Yeah, I think it'll fit you. I'll grab you some," Elena said and then turned around to leave.

"I don’t mind this though. It's just hot like that," Damon said from the bed commenting on her towel attire but before Mia could respond, Elena poked her head in, "Oh, and Mia. Cam's here," she informed, acting as if she hadn't heard the latest Damon remark. Mia nodded and giving her a Cheshire cat smile, Elena went away.

“Ok, I’m not liking him very much now,” he said and Mia smiled as she made her way to him and sat on the edge of the bed. “On second thought though, I don’t give a damn about him,” he said as he leaned forward and flipped Mia on her back, surrounded with her giggles.

There was already a darkness that was seeping into her but she tried to push it away as concentrated on him. “How did you do it?” she asked grazing her fingers on his cheek as he studied her, her soft features and how perfect her hair felt running through his fingers.

“Do what?” he asked, still playing with her hair and Mia tilted her head.

“Get them back?” she asked as she traced his lips with her soft and tantalizing touch.

“It was never far away,” he whispered looking into her eyes, letting her know how much she meant to him, “They can’t keep you away forever,” he said and ran his thumb underneath her eye.

“I wish it were so,” she said, the thought of losing him again hurting her all over.

“You’ll see,” he said in promising way as if he had figured everything already, “And don’t they say, ‘Love prevails all’ and something,” he said trying to lighten the mood, of what was to come next.

Mia chuckled lightly and sighed, “I love this,” she said referring to them, “I love you,” she said and encircled her arm around his neck. The words always thrilled him, no matter how many times she said them, they were still amazing to hear.

He wanted to tell her what he had planned for her, for the whole universe to see but he knew he had to reign it in, at least for now. He wanted to give her everything, everything she wanted, needed, deserved and desired. She was his to crown, his girl, his angel.

“You’re mine,” he whispered almost deep in his own thoughts.

“Always and forever,” she replied with a smile and he applied the brakes to his wandering imagination and thoughts.

“I’ll bring you back,” he promised her and Mia tilted her head. “What?” she asked.

Damon suddenly grew conscious of his words and shook his head as to dismiss her question, “I did a spell,” he admitted, “I had this nagging feeling that I’m missing something so,” he took a deep breath, “I did a remembrance spell and I knew.”

“I know that feeling,” she said and smiled, “How’s your new life going though?” she asked and he raised his eyebrows, “apart from the obvious thing,” she smiled, “How’s the human thing coming along?”

"He's a pathetic human," Elena commented with a smile as she entered the room and Mia shot up to a sitting position, her cheeks ablaze. Elena sent her an apologetic smile, “Not used to this,” she said and waved towards Damon, “with him.”

Damon chuckled when Mia lowered her eyes and mumbled, “It’s ok,” to Elena.

"I was a pathetic vampire too," Damon replied to Elena still chuckling but kept his eyes on Mia.

Mia stood up with a smile. Taking clothes from Elena, she turned on her heels to shoot a look at Damon, “I think you rocked it. You were always so into element," she said teasingly as he shook his head, a big grin on his face as he went inside for bath.

“You’re happy,” Elena stated as she looked at Mia smiling.

“That I am,” she said standing as she pulled on a shirt, “He seems too,” she nodded towards the bath where Damon had gone too.

“Are you kidding me? He’s positively glowing,” she said and raised her eyebrows playfully, “Speaking of which, you’re glowing too and I mean that in extreme sense.”

Mia laughed as she hit Elena with a pillow and she squealed, jumping away she bent to get the pillow and hit Mia back who poked her tongue when Elena missed her mark, the sound of their rich laughter filling the empty pores of the house, transforming it into a home, a warm and welcoming home.

“Hmm…I so love a pillow fight especially with girls,” Damon said as he rubbed his hands in anticipation of fun time when Mia raised her eyebrows at him and hit him with the pillow she had raised for Elena.

“Girls? You said?” she asked flashing her eyebrows, her hands on her hips and then she ducked to dodge the pillow.

“Damon,” she squealed when Damon circled her waist and pulled her to him, her back pressed firmly to his chest and held her above the ground, her feet dangling to reach for the ground. “Ok, maybe there’s just this one girl,” he whispered in her ear and spun her around basking in the sound of her laughter.

"You look like the Mia I remembered," Cam said entering the room with Stefan right on his heels, "I was wondering where you had gone to."
His voice was like cold water on them both as her laughter subsided and Damon’s guarded expression slipped effectively on his face and he let Mia on the ground who slipped her arms around Damon, holding onto him like a child to his mother in fear of getting lost.

Seeing the atmosphere shifting, Stefan stepped in, “Isn’t anyone hungry in here cause I’m starving,” he said and waved them all out of the room.
“For Bambi, I’m sure,” Damon commented as he threw his arm around Mia’s neck and pulled her closer starting towards the dining room. Mia gave Cam a smile who was standing there awkwardly, reassuring him that she was fine. Cam smiled back and followed them out.

“Such a sweet thing,” Mia shot Damon a smile as he pulled out a chair for her. Damon rolled his eyes as he took a plate from the counter and sat beside her.

“Weren’t you supposed to offer me one first?” Mia asked eyeing the plate Damon was so happily digging in.

“Oops,” he said mockingly, “Where’s the sweet thing?” he asked pouting his lips.

“It was a compliment, Damon,” she argued, “You should be happy.”

“Aren’t your compliments cute?” he said in a mock sweetness, “They make me so happy,” he said as he pressed his hand to his heart and batted his eyes at her.

“Cute?” Mia asked raising her eyebrows at him.

“Sweet?” he offered back in the same disbelieving tone she used as they both stared at each other. Breaking the contact, Mia quickly went for his plate and took a bite as he shook his head. He couldn’t stop the smile that spread on his face.

"Hmm, this is good," she said automatically and Damon pushed the plate towards her a little too quickly. "There you go," he said, their silly banter on the subject forgotten already.

Mia looked at him and her heart gave a gentle squeeze as she was reminded of why she loved him so much. "Ok. Because I'm such a nice person, I'll share it with you," she said as if she was doing him a huge favor.

Damon chuckled, "Oh. So very generous of you," he retorted back as he took a bite.

"You both do realize that we have more food, right?" Elena asked rolling her eyes at them but feeling after such a long time that everything in the world was fine. It was more than fine. It was great.

Damon shrugged at her and Mia smiled. Every time she smiled she was reminded of all the time she spent away from him, without these smiles and it warmed her heart every time that she could still remember to do so.

Cam's thoughts ran in sync with her. Seeing her smile every time made him feel at peace. No matter the reasons for her choice, he was where he belonged because of her and he knew Ariel was okay too and Samantha, she was trying to enjoy as much as she could without Aaron at her side.
He felt bad for wrapping up the moment but he had to, "Mia, we need to go," he reminded her and just like that silence prevailed in the room, the bubbling laughter, the smiles, the warmth and radiance gone, vanished, dissolved in thin air. Mia nodded and sighed, her eyes showing the sadness she felt and Damon squeezed her hand.

The breakfast was dull after that as they all ate in silence, each thinking of what the future held for them. Mia wiped her hand as she stood up and silently went out to living room. Damon closed his eyes for a moment and thought if she needed a minute to herself but he decided against it and followed her.

She was staring at the front door, her shoulders hunched, "I want you to..." he said as he came behind her and took her by the waist. Mia fell into his touch and sighed. "What do you want?" she asked, knowing the answer beforehand.

Damon turned her around to face her but kept his arms around her just the same. Looking deeply into her soulful eyes, he leaned forward, "I wanna throw you back in my bed and never let you leave," he whispered and Mia's eye fell to his lips as she waited for him to close the distance between them.

Damon obliged as he gently pressed his lips to her. "I'll be back soon," Mia said, "I promise."

"I'll make sure you do," he said.

"Why? What are you going to do?" she asked amused, reminded of the almost same words he spoke before. Damon shook his head trying to smile. He didn't want her to know. Not yet. He didn't even want to hint anything to her. Not until he was sure of what he was doing and if it would work. "I'll stir up my imaginative power," he smirked at her.

Mia smiled and took his face, "I'm sure you will," she said as she put her head on his chest and hugged him. She closed her eyes and inhaled him in, his rich, tantalizing scent and sighed, "I love you," she whispered as the thrill of the words flooded in him and he kissed the top of her head. "I love you too, angel," he smiled as he held her tighter.

"You know, you can come," Cam said from behind and Mia stilled. Damon's eyes snapped to his, "What?"

"I said you can come. I mean, it's only New Orleans. No one will suspect or something. It's a huge city and people come and go all the time. You could stay with Mia," he said and flashed his eyebrows.

Damon beamed at Mia, "Great," he said but Mia's response caused a chill to run through him.

"He can't," she simply said.

"Why not?" Damon asked knitting his eyebrows together, a hint of sadness in his voice.

Mia looked at Cam, "It's New Orleans and a war is brewing between the vampires and witches. It's not safe," she took a step forward but Damon held her by the arm and spun her around. "I'm coming, Mia and that's final. As for the war, you should by now that I don't give a damn..."

"Damon," she started.

"Mia," he retorted in the same voice as he stared at her and she stared back with the same intensity, the scene shifted slightly as the air started to crackle around them. The place where he had held her by arm was a burning sensation now and she longed for more. Damon saw her parting lips and had to bite down his lip from groaning. How was it that a small action caused such whirling emotions within him?

A shiver ran through Mia, wrecking her body. "I'm coming," he said in a low voice and Mia shook her head. "It's dangerous," she said back, keeping her eyes on him. "For who?" he asked with a small smirk as he leaned forward and flickered his gaze to her lips. Mia drew in a shaky breath. "For who?' he asked again, his smile growing.

Mia closed her eyes to break the connection and protect herself. He was teasing her. This beautiful jerk was teasing her. "Mia?" he breathed her name on the corner of her lips. The fire in her belly shoot to her heart but she fought it. She could hear the smile in his voice. The jerk. "I'm coming," he said and she groaned as she pushed him away.

"God," she exclaimed and ran her fingers through her hair, "Whatever," she said turning away from him, beyond annoyed and frustrated. Her eyes fell on the trio watching them and she saw them all stifling their laughter and to top that off, Damon started to chuckle, entirely too pleased with his technique. Great, she thought, she was being laughed at for her helplessness against him and his charms. Just perfect.

She just hoped now that everything go down without a hitch. She didn't want herself to be caught with Damon which she knew without a doubt would lead to her damn banishment. Now, that she had found him, she wasn't ready to lose him again, not just yet...maybe not ever again but if they kept going like this, she was sure their own private little time in heaven with each other would be cut short.
♠ ♠ ♠
Between The Raindrops- Lifehouse
I know I'm not so good with the happy, romantic scenes but still, let me know what you guys think? :)