‹ Prequel: The Devil's Angel
Status: Hope you guys enjoy. Feedback will be appreciated. :)

Forever; The Devil's Angel

The Visit

He was on alert and the crease between his eyebrows showed he was concerned too, "What can I help you with?" he asked out of courtesy. He had no idea who they were standing at their doorstep until Damon appeared from behind and instead for being concerned, Elijah was confused, "Damon Salvatore," he said as a greeting.

"Hello, my favorite original," Damon smirked at him, "Oh, wait. That was your fantastic brother, speaking of which, can't wait to see him. Where is he?" he asked as he side stepped Elijah and got inside, pulling Mia gently by her hand.

"Cam," Cam smiled at Elijah as he offered him his hand, "We're here to see Klaus," he said politely.

"What for?" Elijah asked as he gestured them all into the living room.

"Oh, look at that. Angel, so grown up," Klaus commented in his ever teasing voice as he entered the room, "and back and together. I missed a lot, then I suppose," he flashed a smile to Damon who just shook his head.

"You know her?" Elijah asked walking towards the couch.

"Well, of course brother. She's the angel," Klaus smiled secretly as if he was letting him in on the secret.

"You mean the real Marko..." Elijah trailed off and Mia stepped forward. "I'm Mia," she said, "Just Mia," she told him politely letting him know that she didn't prefer the word angel unlike the way Klaus was letting on.

"Mia, it is," he nodded, "It's a pleasure."

"Same here," Mia smiled and Damon groaned. "Can we please move past the formalities?" he motioned his hand in a moving on gesture.

"Why were you looking for Niklaus?" Elijah asked as he took a seat on the couch and others followed too.

Klaus straightened as he looked at Mia, "What happened?" he asked his voice serious, all business like.

Mia took a deep breath, "What do you know about Marcel?"

Marcel? If she was here for Marcel, Klaus thought then it meant only one thing. Things were more out of control than he thought them out to be. "Just that he's an ungrateful little..." he started but Elijah cut him off.

"Marcel sort of runs this place. He's in total control of the population here, including humans as well as the witches," Elijah stated, "What's the matter?" he asked.

"He made a deal with Vincent," Cam spoke up and all eyes turned to him but Klaus' was the most sharp. "What?" he hissed, "He hates the werewolves. He ran them all out of the town," Klaus said, "By murdering them in cold blood, I must add. Why would he be making an alliance with them?" he asked confused.

"Who's Vincent?" Elijah asked at the same time Hayley entered the room and posed her question. "Who killed werewolves?" she asked, her eyes making way to all of them when they finally rested on Elijah, "Who are they?" she asked Elijah.

"This is Hayley," Elijah said as he stood up and waited for Hayley to sit comfortably among them, "She's our guest here," he said in a way of explanation. They all gave her a nod and Cam started to explain, "We think it's because Vincent is an immortal and Marcel thinks his allegiance will be useful to him," he said.

"Also because he's pissed at me," Klaus said, "I got the letter from Katerina warning me about the witches here. They're at war with the vampires whose Marcel is in control of."

"He's onto you then," Mia said, "Marcel, I mean. If he's joining hands with your very pissed father against you, that's the only thing we can infer."
"Your father?" Elijah asked, "Niklaus? What is this all about?" Klaus narrowed at his eyes, the words Mia said repeating themselves in his mind. His own father had joined a team to kill him. What a nice family? He thought dryly.

Mia couldn't stop her eyes from making their way over to Hayley. The girl seemed strange, she had an aura of a werewolf and Mia couldn’t figure out why she was a guest at the Original's household.

Her colors were all over the place and she was brighter than usual. Mia's eyes widen as she saw a different array of colors radiating out from her. They were different from her own but they were a part of her. Mia tried to understand as she placed them together, trying to join all the dots.

"Is everything alright?" Hayley asked consciously, zeroing her gaze on Mia who blinked her eyes and took a deep breath. "Yeah, yeah. Its fine," she said and turned to Damon beside her tuning out the explanations that Cam was giving to Elijah and Klaus about Vincent and clan.

"You ok?" Damon asked softly running his hand on her back in a comforting gesture. Mia nodded as she scooted closer to him, "Her colors are all over the place,' she told Damon who knitted his eyebrows together. “So?"

"I think she's expecting," Mia told him and Damon dipped his face as he raised his brows at her. "What?" he asked in a whisper disbelief evident there. Mia nodded again and muttered, "Klaus," under her breath. Damon's eyes snapped to Klaus who was watching them closely.

"I see the angel hasn't lost her touch," Klaus commented and when Damon shot him a questioning look, he pointed to his ear, "Supernatural extraordinaire. I can still hear your hushed conversations."

"Is it true?" Mia asked unsure of how she felt at the subject on hands. Klaus gave her a noncommittal nod and a shrug of shoulder. "Did you tell Caroline?" she asked and Klaus' eyes snapped up to meet hers, annoyance and anger flashing through them, "I take that as a no," Mia murmured and Klaus stood up.

"You have no business there, angel. Stay out of it," he hissed through his clenched teeth and Damon stood up in front of Mia glaring at Klaus, daring him to take a step with his cold, hard and penetrating gaze.

Seeing the heat buildup, Elijah stood up, "Niklaus, let it go," he said seeing for the first time that she mattered. Caroline mattered to Klaus and it gave him more hope that his brother could be saved.

Even though Mia had nothing against Hayley and she might have been a nice person and a friend but Caroline was her friend first and she knew how she felt about Klaus. The knowledge of Hayley shook her to the core. She had to tell Caroline or maybe not. She wasn't sure. She didn't want her friend to hurt.

She was no longer an angel here on a mission to make sure of peace in the world. Right now she was a friend and a very concerned one of that, "You better tell her that before she finds out from somewhere else because I assure you, it wouldn't be easy," she paused to take a breath, "Let her know where you stand," Mia said in a calm voice, "though I'm sure, she wouldn't make you choose," Mia said as she excused herself and went outside.

Fresh air was good, she mused as she took a deep breath and thought of herself as a normal being. How things would've been different if she was just normal? If she had a family? Parents and siblings? If she had to take Damon to meet her parents? All of these things, these thoughts made her realize how different she really was and the world that she lived in but her family was taken away from her by Katherine who gifted it to Maya; her look alike and Maya had that normalcy she wanted while she was left to wonder what was the next supernatural calamity to hit the world.

"You're worried about Caroline?" he asked as he came to stand beside her and she nodded. "I am. She loves him, Damon," she sighed, "After Tyler...Klaus has been the one to hold her together and she so clearly cares about him."

"I know," Damon said as he held her hand. It was almost a necessity for him, to stay connected with her as if without his hold, she would disappear, as if his hold will keep her with him, by his side like he wanted. Mia squeezed his hand and turned to his side as she rested her head on his chest and inhaled deeply. "I like it," she said, "Quiet moment...for a moment."

"Well, what do you say about the party?" he asked smiling at her small gestures and how they made him warm and happy. Sappy in love.

"What party?" she raised her head to look at him as he held her against him, his embrace gentle and strong at the same time.

"Marcel's holding one," he shrugged, "Elijah told Cam."

"I didn't heard that," she knitted her eyebrows together. "Well, you probably didn't heard about Davina, the crazy witch and Hayley's condition and their history with Marcel," he narrowed his eyes at her. Mia looked at him carefully. "No, I didn't. Where was I?" she asked.

"Oh, I don't know sweetheart. You were just too engrossed in the colorful world," he wriggled his fingers and rolled his eyes to exaggerate his point which earned him a playful swat on his chest as she shook softly with laughter.

"It was really colorful. Klaus' aura was so perfectly blended with hers," she said, "What about Davina, the crazy witch?" she asked but Damon shook his head.

"Nope. Not talking about the crazy pants. You want normal," he flashed his eyebrows.

"And I can't have it. So, moving on," she replied with a hint of sadness in her voice which tugged ta his heart as he gently placed a kiss on her head and breathed against her hair, taking in the very familiar scent.

"Why not?" he asked, "You have a perfectly normal boyfriend right here," he made light of her comment hoping it would lighten her mood too and take away negative feelings even if it were temporarily.

Boyfriend? She liked the term a little too much. It did sound pretty normal. "Who's a witch," she retorted and leaned back to look at him, "and was a vampire who sacrificed himself to save me and then came back to life at a price that I would stay away from him."

"Uh," Damon started, considering everything she just said. "Yep, I would say, that's pretty normal," she said in a self-deprecating voice, "In fact, it's the same story with 4 out of 10 people every day," she smiled at him now, "Let's just face it, Damon. There's no normal for us," she sighed and closed her eyes.

Damon felt her with everything he was. He knew the feeling all too intimately and he didn't want that for her but like she said they had to face it. They weren't the normal teenage couple where the biggest problem was a date to a prom or graduation or college or even maintaining long distance relationship thing.

"So, do you have a party rocking outfit?" he asked. He would give her normal, even if it was just for a day. Hell, he would take it for just an hour even if he could see her ever glowing smile and real shine in her eyes.

Mia chuckled, "Party rocking outfit?"

"Yeah, your Elena attire is just not working for me," he said in a bored voice and Mia turned to face him, a small teasing smile on her face, her eyes twinkling. "That's kinda all I have," she said scrunching her nose.

"Hmm...What do you say if your perfect boyfriend take you shopping?" he suggested.

"Perfect?" she raised her eyebrows.

Damon shook his head, "You know any other girl and the word shopping would have earned her man some major points but with you...No! you doubt my perfection here?" he pursed his lips together and gave her doe eyes. She couldn't doubt his perfection for a second, she never did which is why she couldn't resist herself as she flung towards him and pulled him closer for a hot, scorching kiss that left them both panting for more.

"How's that for major points?" she asked catching her breath, "Now, take me shopping," she said as she kissed him again. "Not happening if you keep this up," he said pointing between them, his eyes so intense, Mia had hard time breathing with his intent stare on her, "Be a good girl now," he shook his index finger as if giving her a lesson.

Mia smiled, "Oh, don't tempt me," she teased sarcastically, enjoying herself immensely.

"I like tempting you, angel," he replied as he started to move away from the mansion, "I'm going to load your wardrobe with clothes and all that girly stuff," he waved his hand and motioned for her to come.

"Is that my cue to ask the important question of," she paused and caught up with him, "Are you asking me to move in with you?" she asked batting her lashes.

Damon laughed shaking his head, "Is that my cue to ask, do you want to?"

"Way to pose a question, Damon," she laughed as she pushed him with her shoulder but he grabbed her by the elbow and dragged her with himself swaying as they both walked towards the city for their shopping spree.

"But yeah. That's what I asked with...as much as you can move in," he said, "but you're a working lady," he sighed referring to her duties as an angel, "you'll be rarely at home."

Home. She liked that word and the aspect of returning home to him, it sounded like honey to her ears. "Well, you always try to wrap things up at office if you have someone to return to," she replied playing along with their try at a normal conversation using words that normal people used in their everyday life.

Damon stopped in his tracks as he appraised her with burning intensity in his eyes, "In that case, there will always be an open door...and open arms for you," he said seriously gazing into her deep eyes, "as long as you come back," he told her and the pain behind the words slashed her. She wanted to stay too, forever but if only she could.

All the playfulness and easy banter was gone as they regarded each other seriously, silently both wishing for the same things. Mia gave him a nod and took his hand, "Let's go shopping...for now," she said in a small voice as she tugged him forward, "I have a lot to catch up on," she smiled, "for example, what is the trend nowadays? And we were playing a normal day weren't we?" she said and with a smile Damon hooked his arm around her neck and pulled her closer, trying to give her as normal as he could.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sweet Disposition- Temper Trap
I know nothing much happened but a lot is coming up ahead. Stay with me for that.
Thanks for your patience and support. Don't forget to comment me your thoughts. :)