‹ Prequel: The Devil's Angel
Status: Hope you guys enjoy. Feedback will be appreciated. :)

Forever; The Devil's Angel

Inheritance

One week. It had been one week and she was going nuts as she marched towards the very familiar place, the place she could easily call home, the place where she felt at home because he lived there. Her Damon lived there. Opening the door, she peaked inside, "Hello," she called out as she entered and closed the door behind her.

"Damon," she called for him as she went upstairs to his room and others but there was nobody there. She wondered where they had gone to. "Stefan...Elena," she knitted her eyebrows in confusion when nobody answered. Taking a deep breath, she started towards the basement, the only place she hadn't looked at.

She could hear the chanting coming from the room and she smiled to herself. He could only be lost to such stuff. His presence was magnetic, so much so it took up the whole room and surrounded it with energy that was solely him. He looked more than gorgeous while working and concentrating on whatever he was doing.

"Busy?" she asked as she crossed her arms and leaned to the door.

Her voice was some kind of healing tonic that cleaned his past off pain and suffering and filled him with undying hope. He quickly closed his grimoire, his heart pacing faster as he turned around. "You came?" he asked surprised which he was genuinely so.

He thought after his little stunt in New Orleans, she wouldn't come or if she found out that it wasn't an accident that he had killed those vampires and werewolves but was intentional, she would run in the opposite direction from him but like always, she surprised him.

"Of course, I did," she said as she jerked herself away from the door and moved towards him, "I told you, I can't stay away," she smiled as he came forward and engulfed her in a hug, her arms automatically wounding around his waist as she pulled him closer. Damon planted a soft kiss on her neck and she sighed reminded of how much she craved him.

"Were things stable there?" he pulled away.

"That's why it took me so long to make it here," she said with a smile. It lit up the world or at least his world whenever she smiled, "Marcel is..." she started but Damon leaned forward quickly to kiss her. “Forget the story," he said against her lips and she moaned at his closeness. She held up her finger as he pushed her against the table and lifted her to it.

He was trailing kisses along her neck as she fisted his hair, "Damon," she breathed, "We need to stop," she said with no intention of stopping but she needed a clear head right now which was becoming difficult with his lips on her. Damon pressed one last kiss to the hollow of her throat and slowly pulled back from her as he tried to catch his breath.

"You ok?" he asked and she nodded as she tried to concentrate, her eyes closed. "I'm fine. I just...I just need a clear head," she admitted and he tilted his head. "So, it is still an issue with Marcel?" he asked, knowing the answer already.

"Unfortunately, yeah. The guy's delusional," she said flashing her eyebrows.

"What happened?" he asked as he cupped her neck, his thumb tracing her jawline with a feather touch. He was thrilled that he was still allowed to touch her like this, he had little hope after the incident but she always surprised him.

"He almost killed Sophie asking her not to use magic again though she swore she didn't use it," she said shaking her head, "Davina finally assured him it wasn't her but she couldn't identify you in her vision which," she pointed at him, "is very fortunate of us but...it told Marcel that whoever the witch was, he/she was even more powerful than Davina which was why she couldn't see you and he's all going crazy."

"He's scared," he smirked at her, raising his eyebrow at her and Mia shook her head with a small smile playing on her lips.

"Seriously though, Damon. How are you so powerful? You just become a witch now. How did you get so strong? Even more than Davina?" she wondered out loud. The question had been tumbling in her mind for a week now. She was glad she finally put it out there.

Damon gave her a warm smile, "I was wondering when you'll ask given your ever so curious nature," he poked her nose with his index finger. "So, do you have enough information to satiate my curiosity?" she raised her eyebrow with a flirty smile.

"Well, it's a long story," he said.

"We have time," she replied.

"Why don't we do something fun then?' he raised his eyebrow in suggestion earning a swat on his arm from Mia as she chuckled. “Spill," she said smiling.

He sighed and pulled away from her but Mia quickly grabbed his waist and pulled him to herself, not wanting for him to be far away. "Where to start?" he said almost to himself and a different kind of pain flashed in his eyes and Mia tensed at it as she put her hand on his cheek and smiled, "Hey, it's ok. I'm here. Start with easy part first."

"Like?" he questioned but the truth was he didn't gave a damn about the story. It didn't matter, it just gave him strength and more power and there was nothing painful about it. The pain laid at the end of the story, where she left him, where he was doing something so dark, it was bound to make her angry and run away. He didn't know what to make out of it. He was doing it for her but he knew the way he chose to do it was wrong.
"Like, who did you ask?" she replied.

"Aaron," he shrugged and looked at her, her expressive bold eyes. "I'm Silas' descendent and that crazy guy was pretty powerful," he said.
"And he was a 2000 years old immortal which you are not. You're just a descendent. So..."

"So, my all old, dead family had stopped using magic when it was the most important part of them which is why their unused energy was all hanging in the air...up for grabs," he said making a grabbing gesture in the air.

"So, their energy was like what? Waiting for some witch from their blood line to use it?" she asked surprised.

"Yep," he popped the 'p' and sighed.

"Why did they stop?" she asked.

"Because they wanted to eliminate the supernatural, remember? Vampires, werewolves...witches. The founder's members would have burned them alive if they knew that Salvatore's were all witches. So, they denied themselves that part and blended in as human for their goal to create a better world. Stupid, moronic people," he muttered at the end.

"Wow," she said blinking her eyes and Damon smiled. "Yeah, it's pretty weird."

"But it makes total sense," she said and Damon raised his eyebrow at her, "What? It does make sense," she said stubbornly.

"Then there was Silas, the crazy witch," he said and Mia cocked her head. "What about him?" she asked.

"Killing him gave me his voodoo powers too."

"But you didn't kill him," Mia remarked, "I did," she said and Damon nodded.

"Yes, you did kill him but you were using my energy at that time, remember?"

"Which you were stupid enough to link me with," she retorted with a frown, a fraction of anger passing through her chocolate browns.
Damon shrugged, "You needed to live," he said simply. "So did you," she swallowed remembering the time and tears formed in her eyes.

Damon knitted his eyebrows when he saw her glistening eyes, "Hey, hey. I'm here. I'm fine. Everything's ok," he chanted as he wiped the tear that flowed on her cheek. "It's ok, Mia. We're both here, angel," he said reassuring her.

Mia leaned to rest her head on his shoulder as he gathered her in his arms patting her back, "Hush, now. It's ok," he said and pulled her away to look into her eyes, "Mia, it'll be fine. I promise you that. This time it would be different," he said determination burning in his blue eyes.

"I don't want to go," she said in a broken voice. "I wouldn't let you," he said, "This time, I wouldn't let you," he repeated his words and Mia pushed at the table to get down from it when her hand landed on shattered glass, splitting her skin open as it marked with red blood.

"Ouch!" she exclaimed as she cradled the injured hand in her healthy one. "What did you do, angel?" Damon asked concerned as he took her hand. Grabbing a piece of cloth from the side, he wiped her blood off her hand, "Does it hurt?" he asked.

"No, yes," she groaned, "It's fine. It's healing," she said, "It'll heal," she looked at him, his concerned eyes roaming her hand as he gently dabbed the cloth on her skin as if it was fragile, breakable. Watching him take care of her like that warmed her heart which became a mushy puddle in her chest and she suppressed a sigh.

Feeling her heated gaze on him, he raised his eyes to see her smiling face and just like always with their eyes colliding, the whole world started to diminish behind them. The lights started to fade, their breathing paced, beats fastened, electrifying air around them contracted as they felt the longing, the hopes, the pain and everything that made them...them. Everything that defined them into the spirit of who they were.

Looking at her now, he knew his decision was right and inevitable. He would do anything to keep her, gem like her wasn't to be given away. He only hoped she would understand because he couldn't let go. He had fallen too far.

Watching him look at her with nothing but unconditional love in his eyes, she was reminded of Cam's scandalous blames on Damon. Seeing him now, she could never accept that he could kill more than twenty five supernatural creatures intentionally. She was sure it was some kind of accident, he just couldn't control the amount of power he harbored.

She had fought against Cam's claim telling him that Damon would never do that, he had changed now. He wasn't the same person anymore, the one with no emotions, no regard, and no ounce of humanity in him. He was different now not that it mattered. She would've loved him either way. She was in too deep and she knew it.

With only inches between them, Damon parted his lips and breathed her in causing a shiver to run through her as she trembled under his touch, his fingers gliding across the base of her neck. "You hungry?" he asked, closing his eyes. "Starving," she whispered, their breaths mingling in the closed space.

Mia put her hand on his face and Damon let out a shaky breath, "Kitchen's upstairs," he said. "I know," she replied and opened her eyes as they flickered to his lips. She knew she wouldn't be able to stop, that she needed him too damn much. She guided him to her with her hand at the back of his head.

"Damon, hey. Do you..." Elena started but stopped mid-sentence to look at the very flushed Mia as she dropped her head to the ground and smiled while Damon stood there with his hands on both side of the table, conveniently caging Mia in. He turned his face away from Mia as soon as the door opened but scowled openly at Elena after his initial response.

"Umm...hey. I didn't kn..." Elena started but Damon cut her off. "When will your supernatural hearing come in handy, huh?" he asked and Mia groaned. "Oh my God," she said putting both of her hands on her face. Elena chuckled at Mia, "I just came to ask if you wanted to have dinner?" she asked.

Damon shook his head but waved towards Mia, "Uh, yeah. Mia's starving," he said and motioned Mia towards Elena, "You go and I'll join in a minute," he said. Mia wanted to ask him why? Why did he needed a minute when she was the clearly one who seemed embarrassed but with Elena smiling at her, she dropped the question. "Ok," she said and he squeezed her hand as she passed him by to the door.

Damon took a deep breath as she closed the door behind her. His eyes snapped to the cloth with her blood on it and he smiled at it. His heart jumped in his chest when he took it in his hand. He could taste the success on his tongue, he could feel it in the air. He was finally so close to it, it felt surreal, out of the place. It was happening. Finally, it was happening.
♠ ♠ ♠
Something To Believe In- Parachute