‹ Prequel: The Devil's Angel
Status: Hope you guys enjoy. Feedback will be appreciated. :)

Forever; The Devil's Angel

Immortal Sin

"I'll just go call him," Mia said as she pushed back her chair and got up. It had been more than half an hour and he hadn't come up despite their constant calling. It had her worried. What was so important down there? "Ok," Elena said as she sighed and shook her head.

Mia slowly made her way downstairs, almost tiptoeing when she heard him chanting away at some kind spell. Seriously? She thought. He was bailing on them for a spell. She was just annoyed a little by that time but the next words snatched the ground from under her feet as she froze to her spot, her breath stuck in her throat.

'Ut sit in perpetuum, an immortalis.' the words were repeating in her mind like on replay. 'Ut sit in perpetuum, an immortalis.'

Everything made sense to her at that moment as every moment, every promise knitted itself together forming an entirely clear picture which shook her to the core. How he made every promise with such determination and certainty? How he assured her of them forever? It was unnerving, it couldn't be real, could it?

After composing herself enough to breathe normally, she took a deep breath and charged towards the door, pushing it open that it almost came off its hinges. "Damon?" she called out and he turned around suddenly, his eyes wide, his expression agape. "Mia?" he said softly knowing well enough that she knew.

"What are you doing?" she asked looking at him carefully as if his answer was meant to make or break everything.

Damon averted his eyes to the ground and let out a sigh as he slowly shook his head, "You know the answer to that already," he said gently almost in a defeated tone.

"Yes, no, maybe," she said and ran her hand through her hair, "I don't," she sighed and pressed her temple, "I don't know what's going on...but it's not good, Damon. It's not good." When he refused to meet her eyes, she shook her head, "Why did you do that?" she asked because it wasn't making any sense to her.

"Isn't it obvious?" he asked, knitting his eyebrows together.

Mia shrugged, "No. You're all powerful witch. Why would you want..."

"It's isn't for me," he said frustrated, "God, don't you see, Mia? It's for you. I'm doing this for you not because, I'm some power seeking sociopath," he raised his voice and Mia cocked her head to the side, looking at him cautiously.

"I don't...understand," she swallowed, "What's in it for me?" She wanted to scream that he was putting the blame on her but her heart denied that notion. She had to hear him out, know his story before judging him. She wouldn't be like other girls, other people. She knew him better than that.
"I want you to come back," he said in such a small, heartbreaking edge to his voice that every ounce of anger dissipated in thin clouds as she bit her bottom lip. "I want to come back too," she said, "but your doing this..."

"You know what happened to Ariel. She was angel who wasn't supposed to love a human but she defied the Heavens and ended up cursed because she died...I made you this," he said raising the glass, "I made you this...so, you wouldn't ever die, wouldn't be subjected to that damn curse, Mia. That's all I wanted."

His words pinched at her heart as she tried to control her emotions that were running all over the place. A part of her was giddy with joy. This way she would get to be with him but...everything else was wrong.

"You...you killed them intentionally?" she asked, tears pooling in her eyes, knowing how she defended him in front of Cam with the same topic. He wouldn't let her down. Not like that.

Damon averted his gaze again, his eyes roaming the whole room as he looked at everything except her. She was bound to run away, he knew that already by the look in her eyes as she asked the question. She had been blaming herself for the loss of those twenty something creatures which was nothing but his fault.

Mia inhaled sharply at she looked him and grinded her teeth, "God, Damon? How could you be so selfish? Do you know how hard I fought with Cam to put in a point that you had changed, that you wouldn't just kill people like that in a heartbeat? That it was just a damn mistake? How I had been stuck with 'It's all my fault' because I should've been there to stop you from killing them? Because it was my duty and I didn't want you to feel guilty over some crazy accident?"

Mia massaged her temple as she let out a breath, reining herself in. The words just flew out of her mouth, tumbling. She had almost no control over them. "You shouldn't have done it," she said and took a step back, "It was..." she was saying when he cut her off.

"What? Selfish?" he asked harshly as he looked at her and Mia met his cold eyes that flashed to the deep blue color that unhinged every single emotion within her. . "I'm sorry to disappoint you and I'm sorry that I can't be good enough but that's who I am, Mia. I am selfish and I'm selfish because I care for you. I'm selfish because I'm scared to lose you and miss you every moment you're gone. I'm selfish because I keep hoping and praying that you would come back and be with me because there's not a damn thing in the world that I want more. So, if loving you makes me selfish, believe me when I say," he dropped his voice to a harsh whisper as he stood inches from her, her hot breath fanning his face, "I. Don't. Give. A. Damn because I'll rather be selfish than having to live without you."

She was baffled, her eyes wide, her mouth hanging open. There were no words that could counter to what he just said. Her heart was beating so fast, she thought it might jump out. It was so bitterly sweet that she questioned herself, she questioned if she was worthy of such love and devotion, if she deserved him and his passionate, unconditional self. With whatever she said to him, his reply consisted of some best words woven in a sentence.

Damon was looking keenly at her, his breathing hard. He didn't know what happened or from where did he got that energy but once the first word was out, all his defenses and wall crumbled down as he put himself totally at her mercy, revealing the best he could. He just hope it was enough to make her fight for him just as he was fighting for her.

"I'm tired of missing you, angel," he said softly now, his hand reaching forward to cup her face, "I want you by my side and I want you in every way for every single day," he almost whispered the words to her and Mia leaned in to hug him, her head resting on his chest as she held him close and he sighed.

Mia closed her eyes and inhaled him, his scent making her dizzy. She didn't know it was possible to fall more in love with him. She had thought that she had reached that pinnacle but hearing him now, she realized she wasn't there yet but with words like that, she wonder if she ever will. Was there a limit to love someone anyway? A limit, a bar to measure how far you had fallen?

She took a deep breath, "It's crazy," she said, "You make me crazy." She couldn’t deny the actions he had taken were wrong but hearing his side of the story, she knew she would’ve done something similar. Cam was right. They both wouldn’t ever stop.

"I know," he said and kissed the top of her head.

"Crazy like crazily mad," she smiled and raised her head to look at him, her eyes saddening as she looked him in the eye, "I'm not supposed to love you, Damon. I'm not supposed to care but I'm selfish too and I can't help myself from falling in love with you when I know I shouldn't and I'm tired too,” she shrugged her shoulder, “of pretending. Pretending that it's all ok or will be and I'm tired of trying to do the right thing when all I think about is you. When all I want is you," she said and cupped his face in the same way he did.

"I love you, Damon...with everything that you are, with everything that you've done and will do but mostly with every fiber of what I am. I love you and no matter what wrong you do, I don't think, I can ever unfall for you," she paused, "That's how selfish I am," she said as her gaze flickered to his lips, "And that's how much I love you."

Damon didn't wait a beat too long after she finished as he raised her chin with his fingers and pulled her in for a scorching kiss. Mia moaned as she dissolved into him fervently giving back all the love that he poured into that one kiss, her insides burning with a desire so potent, she felt herself on fire. She knotted her fingers in his soft, silky hair as he hooked her leg around him, pressing her closer to himself with his hand on her back and other cupping her neck.

Being with her completed him as he felt whole after long time and he didn't want to let go, never want to let go. Mia pulled back to catch her breath but kept close as she rest her forehead with his, their breath mingling with each other, tantalizing them both as they kept inside their own secret little bubble where nothing mattered.

“Be with me, angel,” he said, “Take the drink with me.”

It was wrong, she knew it. Immortality could become a curse too, she had seen Silas, Vincent suffering through it. They both did it for love too and she knew where it had gotten them but she couldn't deny what she felt for Damon. It was the best thing that had ever happened to her and she wanted it, wanted him and the only way to be with him was that drink.

It was easy, take the drink with him. She would be immortal and she could defy Heavens all she want, never to worry about dying or curses and he would never go away either for he would be an immortal by her side. Her immortal...and she could finally have what she needed, what he wanted, what they craved and definitely deserved; their forever.

"Yes," she whispered opening her eyes to collide on with his blue ones. Damon searched her face for a moment. He couldn't believe she had said yes. She had agreed and he could clearly see their future together as a crystal clear picture. The only thing that stood between them was the drink now and it too, was in their reach.

Damon smiled at her, his eyes dazzling and Mia rejoiced at his radiance. Her warm heart fluttering inside her chest. She felt light but she was scared too. Damon kissed her forehead, "You're perfect, angel," he said as he grabbed the two small vials of the drink and handed one to her.
They both locked their eyes with each other, their hearts pacing in almost synchronized beat. With their eyes still locked, Damon raised the vial to her, "To us," he said and Mia smiled.

"To us. Forever and always," she returned his toast as they clinked their vials with satisfied but nervous smiles on both their faces.
♠ ♠ ♠
Diamonds- The Boxer Rebellion- Mia realizes Damon had murdered those people.
Sinners- Lauren Aquilina- Damon's confession and Mia decides to take the drink with him.

So guys! What do you think about this one? I really enjoyed this one.
You think they've finally found their happy ever after?
Hit your opinions in the comments below and Subscribe/Recommend. I love and appreciate you all so very much. <3