‹ Prequel: The Devil's Angel
Status: Hope you guys enjoy. Feedback will be appreciated. :)

Forever; The Devil's Angel

Disagreement

"Why didn't you tell us about that?" Stefan asked with accusatory hint in his voice, his eyebrows raised as he regarded Damon with seriousness, "Why were you making the immortality drink?"

Damon didn't heard the posed question as he kept his eyes on Mia, "Damn it, Mia," he stood up, "Why did you do that?"

"Because..." she stared in her calm voice. She knew that he would be angry but thinking of it, she didn't had much of a choice.

"Why did you gave it to me? It was for you, Mia, for you. Which part of it was hard to understand?" he yelled.

Elena eyed Stefan to calm Damon but Stefan hung his head and sighed. He knew there was no stopping him. "What do you mean for her?" Elena stepped in, seeing Stefan was going to do nothing.

Damon turned to face her, "It was for her," he pointed out, "So, if she turned human after her defiance, she wouldn't die and be cursed like Ariel," his voice was still loud that it boomed across the room.

"Defiance?" Stefan interrupted, "What the hell were you two thinking?" he asked, "Did you want her to get kill, Damon? Why would she try to defy the Heavens?"

"That's what the immortality drink was for, genius," Damon knitted his eyebrows and shook his head at his brother.

"I think the bigger problem is that Katherine has it," Mia said trying to deflect that situation. She wasn't sorry for her actions. There was no regret. She had to save him and she did, her own problems didn't complicated anything. She knew she couldn't be with him the way she wanted to be and that sucked. She felt bad about it though but to her, the reason was justified.

"You seriously think I give a damn about Katherine right now?" Damon asked her.

"It is important that she has it. It was no small thing, Damon. Katherine having the immortality drink..." Elena sighed, "We couldn't handle her 500 old vampire self but with immortality...what are we gonna do with her?" she asked particularly no one.

Damon stopped for a moment to think about it. She just wouldn't die, would she? Such a stubborn bitch, he thought. "What about the cure?" Stefan interrupted his train of thought.

"What cure?" Mia turned towards him, her eyebrows raised as she tried to ignore Damon's hot gaze on her. He wasn't going to be distracted and she didn't want to talk about it. She knew it was a dead end argument where the solution is almost impossible to find.

"She had the cure when she visited Bonnie," Elena said nodding at Stefan, "Bonnie told me that when Katherine came asking for the drink."

"She still has it then," Mia concluded taking a deep breath, "Which means all we have to do is find it and shove it down her throat," she said looking at three of them.

"Easier said than done," Damon commented as he replayed the conversation in his head and turned to look at Elena, "Wait! She knew about the drink for how long?" Damon asked in a raised voice.

"Damon," Mia sighed rubbing her temple in a circular movement.

Damon turned harshly towards her, "I can't just forget it," he argued.

"I know it's hard but it's done," Mia replied, "I don't feel bad about it, Damon. I don't."

"But I do," he said, "because you can't be an immortal which means you wouldn't stop being an angel, which means that you wouldn't come back and I feel bad. I feel terrible," he let out his breath as he finished with his tirade. "You shouldn't have done it," he said closing his eyes as he tried to reign in his emotions but Mia was fuming now.

How could he not understand that simple thing? "I'm sorry for trying to keep you alive," she almost screamed looking directly at him.

"You didn't have to," he said raising his voice again, his attempts at keeping him calm falling flat.

"Why not? Because your ex took care of you?" She jerked her arms in anger, referring to how Katherine sneaked him her blood in just matters of seconds.

"Don't go there, Mia. It's not even about that," he reasoned with her, keeping the same tone.

"I know where you're coming from, Damon but you alive were important to me than my damn immortality," she said.

"I wasn't going to die," he said, "That’s the problem. It just got wasted," he said.

"It wasn't...wasted. I couldn't take the risk, Damon. I didn't know she had given you her blood and you were to wake up, a vampire," she toned her voice down, "I was scared, Damon. You have no idea how it feels to see you d-d...to see you like that," she shrugged but it took all her strength to show her causal gesture. She sighed as she took a few slow steps towards him, "I don't regret giving you the drink. It was only thing that I knew that could wake you up at that time."

"What about you?" He asked in a whisper as she put both her hands on his face. "I can't even make you another one..."

"Hush," she hushed him, "It'll be fine."

"Saying so wouldn't make it fine, Mia," he said as he put his hands on above hers.

"I know," she smiled sadly at him, "but as long as we have each other," she said in a small voice.

Damon shook his head as he removed his hands from hers and took a step back as he watched Mia's hands fall to her side, "It's not easy. I had worked so hard for it..." he was almost talking to himself, "You don't understand how important it was," he said again because he just wasn't ready to accept the truth of what had happened. It was no small thing that his forever was in jeopardy. It was official...world hated him.

"I can't do this with you right now," Mia said, seeing there was no stopping him from feeling that way. The only one who could help him was he, himself. They could keep arguing but there was no outcome to this. He needed to accept and take it as it was, "I have to go tell Cam about the...Katherine situation," she looked at both Stefan and Elena and started towards the door.

He knew he shouldn't think like that but the only thought his brain was sending to him was that she didn't care, that it didn't matter to her if she got the drink or not because she never intended to love him forever. There was a part of him that knew it was all bullshit but another part that he had buried inside for so long, the part where his insecurities laid was taunting him. He didn't know what to think. He wasn't thinking straight anyway.

"And Damon," Mia said from the door as she turned around to face him, "Just think this. What would you have done if you were at my place? Would you have taken the drink to take immortality at the expense of my life? You think immortality would have mattered when you thought I were dead, never to come back? I know you're disturbed and upset but just think about that?"

She hoped it would work. She wanted to stay and help him but she also knew she couldn't do anything more than to leave him in solitude to think of what had actually happened, to understand that she didn't have much choice and she didn't care about forever at that time. It was only that moment. She smiled at him reassuringly and turned to leave, closing the door behind her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ungodly Hour- The Fray

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks for all the subscribes and comments. Your encouragement is my fuel. Keep it coming. :)
Oh, and I have a question. What do you guys think of Katherine so far? You want justified death or redemption? <3