‹ Prequel: The Devil's Angel
Status: Hope you guys enjoy. Feedback will be appreciated. :)

Forever; The Devil's Angel

Beautiful Disaster

Her last words were stuck in his mind, looped to a replay, repeating themselves over and over till they were the only words he could think of.
'What would you have done if you were at my place?' He didn't know but he was sure he didn't want such an encounter where he would have to see, just for a second that she was gone, dead. Never to come back. He couldn't take on her absence maturely but a thought that she might be dead slashed at his heart. He would have traded the world for her, there was no question.

'Would you have taken the drink to take immortality at the expense of my life?' He didn't want to think about it but then again, he was biased because he wanted her to stay so badly. His judgment was clouded. 'You think immortality would have mattered when you thought I were dead, never to come back?'

He closed his eyes and took deep breaths. He couldn't say he didn't understand her because he did, so perfectly but he expected the same in return, that she would understand him too and maybe she did, a part of him thought which was why she gifted him the puzzle of her questions to rethink about whatever he had said. That was so very much like her.

Damn everything! He thought as he pushed the couch in frustration which glided across the room to collide the wall with a heavy thud making him angrier, more annoyed. He spent useless amount of time and energy into learning and creating that drink for her but one second and everything had changed. The vial that was his now rested with Katherine; the bitch, he thought while the one that belonged to his angel, now flowed through his veins. He hated himself for it, for snatching away at her only chance but knowing that Mia didn't want him to blame himself, he directed his hatred towards something else.

Katherine Pierce. She took everything away from him. He couldn't even fathom the amount of hate he felt towards her at the moment. She always had a weak spot with him. No matter how cruel or selfish, he didn't want to kill her. A part of him still cared, even when she tortured Elena and Stefan but this...it was the last straw. She took away more than hundred years of his life from him and now...she took away his forever and he was never going to forgive her for that.

His heart was taking a bitter fast pace and he wanted Mia to come back before he resorted out a plan to kill Katherine. He clenched his hands into a fist and shut his eyes, thinking of anything that could free him from the blind rage he felt.

The only soothing image he could form was Mia, her chocolate brown eyes twinkling with happiness when he saw her after such a long torturous time. The way her skin felt, soft and smooth under his touch, the way he felt whenever she said his name or told him that she loved him.

She loved him. His angel loved him just like he loved her and he realized, he would have done exactly what she did. If their places were reversed, he wouldn't have given a damn about the immortality because it was nothing without her. She would have been the reason he would've agreed to it and he wouldn't have given it a second thought if it meant her life.

He slowly opened his eyes and took a deep breath. He needed to call her, say he was sorry because he acted like such a jerk to her. A small smile curled up his lips as he thought about how angry she was, small and furious almost fuming at his lack of understanding and how she would enjoy when he would admit himself being wrong. He really didn't know what to do without her.

He turned to leave the room when he heard the voice. His heart plummeted thinking that she had come back. Of course, she would have come. She cared about him. It was such an amazing feeling that she cared and loved him that restlessly to come back just to see if he was okay, if he was doing any better now but the fluttering feeling lasted for just a second before his stomach sank.

It wasn't her voice, not the sweet angelic one and the person that he matched with the voice was really not the one he wanted to see because somewhere deep down, he knew it wouldn't bear good news.

"No, it's all fine," she was saying but Damon could tell when someone was lying and she was most definitely lying. "Oh, Samantha. It's so nice to see you again," Elena said as she went in for a hug, "I never thought I'd see you again...after everything."

Samantha laughed a little, "Well, I'm sure you would've thought that you wouldn't see any of us ever again but here we are. You've met Cam and Mia...and now me," she shook her head. She wasn't sure how to proceed, her thoughts were all over the place. She still couldn't believe what Cam had told her. She had to see Mia for herself in order to believe that but she was here to tell Damon, to convince him and she had no idea where to start.

"Where is she? Is she ok?" Damon's sharp voice broke into her thoughts and she flinched at his voice, "Where is she, Samantha?" he asked, his eyes roaming over the place. She had to be fine. Nothing could happen to her. She was just angry at him, nothing more. His heart stopped at the thought, thinking about all the worst possibilities.

What if, only to satisfy him, she had defied the Heavens...asked for a release and what if she was cursed now, dead and gone, cursed forever without her peace? What if, they had taken her away from him? She couldn't rebel against the Heavens and survive without the drink and she had no drink. He didn't even apologize to her. He's been such a jerk and he hadn't even apologized. No, it was too soon. She wouldn't do anything stupid, would she?

"She's fine, Damon," Samantha said softly, "She's fine." Not entirely but for what he was asking, she was fine.

Damon narrowed his eyes at her, not believing her act. He could see her rigid body, her shoulders tensed, her eyebrows had a small crease between them. "Then, what are you doing here?" he asked urgently, a little harshly.

"Damon?" Elena chided him in a disbelieving tone but he ignored her. If not for Mia, then what possible reason could she be here for? And then, realization settled in.

"You're here for Katherine," he stated because that was the only plausible reason he could think of.

"What were you thinking, Damon?" Samantha asked as she took a step forward.

Damon scoffed, "No worries, I'm going to kill that..."

"Why? Because you're stronger now. Because you are a vampire who's truly immortal?" she offered back.

"Are you here to lecture me, Sam? Because I don't want it. I've had enough classes for one day," he retorted as he shot a look at Elena. Before Samantha came in, scaring the hell out of him he had heard Stefan and Elena yell at him for his stupidity, for creating the immortality drink. They didn't understand. None of them did and why would they, they were all happy in their own bubbles. It wasn't half their heart and life on stake. It was his.

"Besides, I have to call Mia," he said and looked at Elena, "You were right," he said to her, "I was wrong in thinking that way. I shouldn't have taken it out on her. It wasn't her fault that she was saving me," he sighed and looked at the floor, almost lost in thought, "I would've done the same thing."

Elena looked at him with sadness in her eyes as she put her hand on his shoulder, "It's good that you're going to apologize," she said, "You've been through so much to let this thing drive a wedge between you," she smiled and he nodded at her.

"I hope she understands," he said, doubting not her but himself. If he deserved it?

"She does. She gets you better than yourself," Elena smiled and Damon leaned forward to plant a kiss on her forehead. "Wish me luck," he smirked and Elena chuckled. He didn't really need it. She knew Mia would've forgiven him anyway. "Good luck, Romeo. Go get the girl." Damon winked at her and clicked his tongue as he started towards the door.

"Damon, stop!" Samantha yelled from behind, stopping him in his tracks as he turned to face her sharply. "You shouldn't," she said and took a deep breath.

“Why mom?” he retorted to her statement.

“It’s just…I think it’s better this way,” she said softly but unsure of herself.

"And since when did you get to have a say?" Damon pinned her with his glare and Samantha felt her heart stutter. This was going to be more difficult than she anticipated. Samantha clenched her eyes shut. He was so mad already and so hopeful. She didn't want to break that hope in his eyes but then again she didn't have a choice. Mia's safety was more important and she knew she just had to get the words out to have his full attention but how could she just blurt it all out, especially after seeing how he was feeling at the moment?

"I just think that it would be better that way," she said and looked at Elena with pleading eyes but Elena shrugged not knowing what she wanted from her.

Damon opened his mouth to remind her of her place but Elena stepped forward, "What is it, Sam?" she asked.

"Oh nothing," Damon spat, "Hasn't she done enough for you already?" he asked harshly, "What else do you want from her?" He was sick of their games. They took Mia before because she was their only chance at redemption and now he thought, they must want something else from her, for her to make a big gesture which would promote them or whatever but this time, he wouldn't let them use Mia.

"It's not about me," she retorted in a same voice. Cam was right, his thought patterns were unique. He couldn't think in a straight line like a normal person would, he had to give everything the most bizarre notion.

"Yeah, right," Damon scrunched his nose in disgust, "Like I would believe anything you..."

"It's your fault, Damon," she screamed, "So, don't put it on me or Cam. You're the reason, she's all lit up like Fourth of July. You're the reason her colors are all over the place. I'm not the one who has put her in that kind of danger," she screamed, pointing the finger at him accusingly.
What the hell? What the hell was she saying?

Damon's hot anger melted as he staggered back, his heart pounding in his chest, drowning all the other voices. It wasn't her colors that were all over the place, it was his damn mind because what he was thinking couldn't in actual happen. It wasn't even possible. He remembered Mia's words all too clearly when she talked about Hayley. "You're lying," he said in a whisper and raised his eyes to look at Samantha, "You're lying," he hissed.

"I'm not," she said calmly, taking in deep breaths, "I'm not and you know it."

"It isn't possible," Damon said, "How is it possible?"

"What are you guys talking about?" Elena asked genuinely confused. She had never seen Damon that pale before and she couldn't think of any reason that could cause such an emotion, "What do you mean her colors are all over the place?"

"When?" Damon questioned looking at Samantha, ignoring Elena altogether.

"You tell me that, Damon. When did it happen?" Samantha asked and Damon scoffed.

"Why the hell?" he straightened up, "When did you 'find' out?" he stressed the word, find.

"Just this morning, when she came to tell Cam about Katherine," Samantha replied.

"Does she know?" he asked, his eyes wide.

"No, not yet. She wouldn't feel the normal symptoms, Damon. Her body heals her before that."

"Heal what? What's going on?" Elena asked again but to no avail as Damon and Samantha played the stare game, looking at each other in disbelief. "Is she hurt?" Elena interrupted.

"It was just once," Damon said almost talking to himself, "I saw her after such a long time..."

"But you were a human then," she countered, "A witch," she corrected herself.

"Yeah, but she was still an angel," he argued, jumping into reality again.

"Have you never heard about Nephilims?" she asked in disbelief and Elena gasped.

"Oh. My. God," she punctuated each word as she turned her wide eyes to Damon who had his lips pursed, his eyes almost lost. He didn't know what to feel? Was he happy, scared, sad, shocked, surprised, ecstatic, excited...? He didn't know what to expect.

"No one can know, Damon. All the hells would break loose," Samantha told him in an urgent tone. He had to know how crucial it all was.
"The whisperers?" he sighed.

"You know about them?" Samantha asked surprised.

Damon nodded, "Yeah, Mia told me about them," he said as he sat on the arm of the couch, his heart was still palpitating, his hands were sweaty, his mind filled with everything, he just wanted a break from all of it.

"They can't see the colors," she said, "lucky for us because your color is all blended with hers, making her glow like crazy but they can hear everything which is why you can't tell anyone. We need to keep her safe, Damon. She needs to be kept safe."

"She can stay with me," he said quickly, "She can stay with me and I'll take care of her."

"Didn't you just heard what I said?" she questioned him, taking a step forward, "The whisperers are keeping tabs on you both since you went with her to New Orleans and if you both are together..." she shook her head, "She needs to be away from you, Damon."

"I can't leave her," he almost screamed again at her, "not after knowing that she," he licked his lips to overcome the sudden dryness, "that she's...I can't."

"But you have to. It's only to keep her safe, Damon. If the word goes out, she'll be punished, cursed...or worse banished to hell. We wouldn't be able to win that war, Damon. Trust me, we'll lose that one and everything else along with it."

"But I just got her back," he complained in small whisper, his heart breaking already. His world was going dark again, "I just got her back," he said again, his eyes vacant, his lips parted to compete for the air he needed. Banished to hell? How could the world be so cruel, so selfish? It was as if the whole world was working against them, it wasn't fair. It wasn't fair at all.

"And now you have to let her go," Samantha said and Damon dropped his head in his hands, "If you love her and want what's best for her, you'll let her go. You'll let her go, Damon."

Elena drew in a shaky breath, her wide eyes fixed solely on Damon and his defeated figure. She wasn’t sure how he was taking it. Hell, she didn’t even know how she was taking it. But keeping her away from Damon, she knew it for a fact wasn’t a very good plan.

Damon nodded, every fiber of his being protesting in agony, "I'll..." he drew in a shaky breath. The words felt like sandpaper but he had to get them out, make them more believable. It was for her. He could do anything for her, right? "I'll do it. Because I love her...I'll let her go," he said in a mechanical voice, his eyes clenched shut in pain but kept nodding his head as it would bring him strength.

He raised his eyes to meet Samantha’s with a glint in them and nodded. "I'll let her go."
♠ ♠ ♠
All I Need - OneRepublic
Let me know what you guys think? :) And if it's a good or a bad idea?