‹ Prequel: The Devil's Angel
Status: Hope you guys enjoy. Feedback will be appreciated. :)

Forever; The Devil's Angel

Forming Alliance

Mia gasped as she barely dodged the oncoming assault from the man swaying with a big smile plastered on his face as if he was having the time of his life, the bottle of whiskey dangling in his hand. The air was thumping with loud music, the kind that made you want to get to your feet and move to the rhythm, to get lost in the feel of it and that was exactly what she saw people doing.

It was something of a regular event here. She hadn't seen these much parties in her life time that she had seen in New Orleans the week she had stayed before. She could still remember with clarity, the day it happened. How she had to make Damon run away to keep him safe and there she was again, in the same city with same kind of festivities, same people living oblivious to the war that brewed within the same walls.

Her heart drummed inside her chest as she increased her pace, her eyes searching, wondering where he could be. Her energy crackled on her skin as she took deep breaths. There was no map in her mind, no destination that she knew of. It was just where her heart took her, the feelings that guide her, the energy that called for her and she trusted it, she believed in the almost sixth sense she had regarding the one she loved, the one who got away.

She could feel the small beads of sweat damp her forehead and she pushed herself to jog her way, dodging the people that were dancing and jumping about. With a sudden jerk, Mia felt herself going back as her hand made grasping motion in air to find something that could keep her falling down.

She closed her eyes and concentrated to stop the wings that tingled on her back from unfurling. She could imagine what would happen in the world if they saw something like that and it wasn't even Halloween where she could pretend it to be a part of her costume.

She mentally cursed the person who pushed her in the crowd like that when a hand reached forward to grasp her by the elbow, effectively pulling her up but she felt the hand tremble as her savior came down with her in a jerking motion, landing beside her. A shooting pain traveled through her back as Mia quickly tried to get up before the roaring stampede could kill her.

"I'm sorry," the voice came and Mia snapped her eyes to the girl that sat beside her rubbing her hands together, examining the small scratches while Mia felt hers heal themselves together with a light itchy feeling that lasted for about less than a second. "I swear I didn't see you. It's such a mess in here," the girl with blond hair said, her eyes shone with sincerity and Mia shook her head.

"It's alright. I've no idea where I'm going either," Mia acknowledged with a smile and waved off the matter as she stood up and extended her hand to the girl who readily took it.

"Thank you," she said wiping the dirt off her clothes as Mia regarded the girl standing beside them, watching her intently.

"Do I know you?" Mia asked the girl who flinched, returning back to the world from where ever she had gone to. Her blue green eyes scrutinized Mia in a way that made her uncomfortable as Mia shifted on her feet.

"Davina?" the blonde girl said and Mia suppressed her gasp. Mia felt her barrier go up, the energy she possessed coming to a life as it surrounded Mia in its invisible color but as soon as it went up, Mia realized her mistake and tried to put low her distinguished energy, taking a deep breath to push it down. "Davina?" the girl called to her and Davina snapped her eyes to the girl and took a step back.

"Sorry, Camille," she said, her voice raspy as she cleared her throat and looked at Mia, "I'm sorry about it. It was just...I don't know what's exactly going on with me," she said mostly to herself, "Come on, Cami," she tugged the blonde, Camille with her who looked at Mia apologetically. Mia gave her a small smile, her hand on her heart.

"What was that about?" Mia heard Camille ask Davina in a low hiss.

"I don't know," she replied, shaking her head. Mia took a step towards them trying to listen into their conversation which she knew was wrong on so many levels yet she couldn't stop herself. "She felt different," she said and Mia felt a sense of fear gripping her.

"Felt different?" Camille said incredulous, "What is that supposed to mean?"

"I don't know, ok. It's just weird and I have some things that I need to figure out for myself," she sighed, "Now, let’s go get your memories back, first. We'll talk about it later."

Davina closed her eyes pushing back the tears that threatened to fall. She couldn't cry out her frustrations at that moment. She had been in constant turmoil ever since Marcel had brought her the vampire Damon.

She was sure, it was the same witch who had used the magic to make those killings. First, she couldn't imagine where all the energy that he had harnessed from the mass killing went to. She couldn't track them and it wasn't a lack of trying on her part. She did everything she could do to determine that but failed every time.

Marcel thought she was losing her touch and wasn't as powerful as he thought her out to be and that slashed at her heart. Marcel was all she had and now he was slipping away from her becoming more and more interested in that petty vampire who couldn't even defend himself...so much for being a powerful warlock.

She shook her head in disgust. When she touched him in the cellar at the mansion, she couldn't feel anything out of him except that he was a vampire and she knew very well that vampires couldn't carry any spell and then there was Klaus.

She never liked Klaus anyway. He was selfish and maliciously evil to her. She couldn't follow why Marcel invited him at their house anyway and gave all the power to him. He was strong and powerful for sure but he didn't had the loyalties of the people living in French Quarters. They could all fight him off but no, Marcel had to go and hand him the keys. What bothered her the most was that he was the one who testified that Damon had always been a vampire and an impulsive one at that when Klaus lived in Mystic Falls.

Then there was that girl she saw. She was a complete mystery to her. One look and she felt so different, unlike any of the things Davina had witnessed before and she really started to underestimate herself. What if she was dying or something and couldn't tap into her powers like she could before? Her heart took on a different beat as her palms began to sweat.

"You alight?" Camille asked as she put her hand on Davina’s back and looked at with concerned eyes. Davina's lower lip trembled as she bottled in all the emotions and gave her a small smile.

"Yes, it's ok. I just hope I can help you," she admitted a small part of her fear and Camille smiled at her.

"Is that what you're really worried about?" she asked and Davina sighed inwardly. Not exactly, she wanted to say but clamped her mouth shut. "You'll do fine, Davina. You're a nice person and you just have to think that you want to help me and I'm sure, you'll do great."

"Thanks," Davina said after a few moments of silence. Camille was right. She just had to believe in herself and she knew she could unravel all the mysteries that had surrounded her all of a sudden and had accumulated to the point of suffocation.

Mia felt herself frozen to the point. How was she going to get memories back and for Camille? What was going on with them? She remembered the story Elijah had told her about Davina, how she was the powerful witch and how she was the one who felt Damon use his magic and the way that she was looking at her...Mia shook her head and turned back, trying to calm herself down as she tried to tune in with her energy.

Somehow, it was so easy to identify that certain hum that made her feel that Damon was close, like a part of her was in withdrawal from him and wanted to find him as her survival tactic. She knew he held the greatest part of her but she thought that his indifference to her would have somehow severed the connection between them.

Her mouth was dry and she was sweaty. Somehow, all her body mechanisms were working in wrong order, she thought with a sigh as she leaned against the wall of a huge mansion. She just had to get inside but she felt exhausted already which didn't make any sense to her. Just a few minutes before she felt just fine, her beat strong and fast but now that she had almost reached her destination, she felt herself weaken.

She closed her eyes to conjure up the image of her blue eyed devil, knowing that would give her strength, the push, the motivation that he always did. With a determined breath, she went up to the edge of the wall and looked at the entrance. Despite the festivities in the city, this area was eerily quiet, so calm that it was scary. Well, it means that nobody is here, she thought and kept repeating the sentence in her mind, and I can easily sneak in and get him. Him. I have to get him. That's it.

She wanted to laugh at her inner monologue but decided against it as she launched herself to the door. She had to run, had to make it inside. The mansion was dark and gave an unwelcoming vibe as she felt a shiver run down her spine. She could easily pass it off as a vampire's den and she was sure a lot of them resided there.

With her back against the wall, she moved slowly and deliberately, her senses on high alert, her eyes moved quickly and fastly around the area. Seeing the clear coast, Mia dashed towards the front of the area, the grand stairs standing at both its sides. Mia ducked under them and went into the furthermost room, running on her toes to minimize the sound of her striding. The path she took was more like a tunnel which lead her to another open room.

The whole house was airy and had that rusty old theme to it but there was no denying the darkness she felt by just standing there. Moving around the old, antique bench, she saw the light illuminating the narrow passage way with cobblestone walls. She saw several rooms lined in with that wall. He could be in any of the rooms. She closed her eyes and focused herself on him solely, trying to avoid the search operation in every room and just feel his presence but to no avail.

Mia let out a scream when a strong arm grabbed her by the waist and pulled her into a dimly lit room. The hand on her mouth muffled her voice but the adrenaline surge in her body kicked in her fight response. Before she could concentrate her energy on the being that held her, she used old, human method by trying to bite the hand.

"Mia, hush. Mia," Elijah hushed her as he turned her around to let her face him, with her back against the door as he pressed closer to her to stop her thrashing movement.

"Elijah?" she questioned, her eyes wide and her breathing hard as she tried to control the raw energy that flowed in her, waiting to be let out. Elijah put his finger on her lips to silence her and pointed to his ear as he tilted his head, letting her know someone could listen them outside the room.

Mia nodded as he eyes flickered towards the door and Elijah slowly moved her away from the door to the small dressing area in the room and signed her to stay put but Mia held his arm.

"Stay," she said, her eyes still wide when she felt Elijah go tense at her touch. Mia's heart skipped a beat as the door opened and Elijah turned to look at her frozen stature. She closed her eyes, the same energy buzzing in her ear, its intensity increasing so much so, she felt she would explode with it.

Looking at her drawn eyebrows, Elijah quietly stepped towards her and put his hands on her shoulders as he took a deep breath in and signed her to do the same.

Mia smiled nervously at him as she closed her eyes and put her hands on his chest, taking in the deep breath. "No, Marcel. You don't get it," the voice said and it was so close, Mia felt herself shiver but the sound of the boots moved away and she waited for whoever it was to get out. Seeing the question on her face, Elijah leaned forward and whispered the name, "It's Thierry, Marcel's friend. Calm down."

"I can't trust him. Nobody can and they're all your people, Marcel. They still believe in you and they can play the part of being Klaus' pawn for as long as you want to wait to strike that pest Original," Thierry said in low, hissing voice persuading Marcel of his statement.

The sound of door closing caused a rush of relief to flow through Mia and she relaxed and let out a heavy breath. "Thank you," she said to Elijah who had lost look in his eyes as if he was in pain and Mia tilted her head as it struck her. That guy was talking to Marcel about killing Klaus. "Oh, Elijah. I'm so sorry," she said and he snapped up his head.

"Mia," he said as if he was seeing her for the first time, "You're here," he said and Mia readily nodded, "What is it?"

"Nothing has happened, Elijah," she started but he cut her off.

"But you said if my family would be in any danger, you'd come," he paused and pointed to her, "and here you are. Have you found something new?" he asked and Mia smiled at him as she put her hand on his face.

"I know...I know you're worried about what you just heard," she said as she centered her attention to him, "and I'll help you, Elijah. Haven't I promised you that?"

"Yes," he sighed, "Yes, you did of course," he smiled apologetically, "What is it that you're doing here?"

Mia let out a small sigh and lowered her eyes as the pain she had suppressed started to resurface and the tears formed at the back of her eyes.

"Hey, Mia. What is it?" he asked concerned, forgetting Klaus and his family for a moment.

He had formed a deep and profound connection with her when she stayed in New Orleans after the Damon incident. She was easily the kind of person he could trust knowing deep well, she was on their side and it was such a comfort for him to know that small little detail. Heavens had appointed a guardian for his family. They had hope after all.

"Da-Damon," she stuttered and Elijah shook his head.

"What did he do now?" he asked in a polite and amused manner. There was no judgment in his voice and Mia wanted to hug him for that. Finally, someone who could see Damon through her eyes. The unease he had floating in his eyes gave her a feeling if he were a family of her, someone who cared and wanted her happy...almost like a brother, an older, kind and concerned brother and her heart soared with that small piece of information. Klaus had no idea how lucky he was.

"He's here, Elijah," she informed him in a small voice, "I can feel him close...inside these walls even. I don't know who's behind this but who else could it be except Marcel?"

"Marcel?" Elijah shook his head, "I suppose we would have to send him a proper warning."

"Yeah, maybe," she shrugged, "Is there anywhere close that they could..."

"Keep Damon?" he asked as he thought about it, "In the basement, maybe. I'm not sure. I think Klaus would've known if something like that had happen but what I heard with Thierry, I suppose, Marcel isn't the kind of alliance we were hoping for."

"It's better if we keep him in the bad guy category," Mia agreed.

"Bad guy category?" Elijah said amused, "Are we keeping a hit list?"

Mia smiled, "Something like that," she replied and realized how much better she had started to feel with him, how safe he made her feel, "Thank you, Elijah," she said and saw his eyes narrowing at her, "For being here. I'm feeling better already."

"I'm glad I could do that," he said, "Now, why don't you go and see if your highly problematic devil is being kept in the basement while I'll try to keep the coast clear for you. Thierry is out there anyway," he said, his eyes roaming around the room.

"Problematic devil?" she raised her brows, "Really?"

"Why, yes. He's always involved with the darkest of people," he explained himself and Mia shook her head, her shoulders shaking with light laughter.

Elijah turned around and moved away from her towards the door. Revolving the knob in his hand, his gaze returned to Mia who stood there, her eyes shining with determination as he gave her a single nod, affirming that she should move out the moment he does.

Elijah opened the door as he stepped outside into the passage way and went into the direction he had seen Mia coming through as she sneaked behind him and turned towards the opposite side. Making her way to the farthest door, Mia took a deep breath, ready for whatever it was behind that door as she pushed it open.

With her senses on high alert, Mia stepped onto the first step that lead downstairs into an almost darkened room except for some candles that she could see burning far away. Mia leaned towards the cobblestone wall, her hand taking support from it as the wooden staircase creaked under her weight. She saw the moving shadow before the figure stepped out in front of her and her heart came to a screeching stop as her eyes fell to the familiar face.

With her breath caught in her throat and sweat breaking on her brows, she couldn't believe her eyes and she would have stayed frozen there if it wasn't for the small whimper that came from the dark corner, tugging at her heart, summoning her, shouting for her and for the first time since she left the house, she felt helpless, her legs almost shaking but his voice started at the same time, deep and strong reassuring her like always and she played it in her mind, drawing strength from it.

Damon coughed as he drew in a shaky breath, his droopy eyes rising to meet her shocked ones, "Mia?" he sighed her name and Mia felt her whole being reacting to it except she didn't move, couldn't move as she saw his head drop to the floor and she stopped herself from flinching, returning her gaze to the silent spectator standing a little distance from her.

Her body tensed, muscles taut as her back started to tingle in anticipation for the inevitable that was to follow and Mia kept Damon's tortured face as her focus of attention, knowing already, she would fight, even it was a fight to the death.