‹ Prequel: The Devil's Angel
Status: Hope you guys enjoy. Feedback will be appreciated. :)

Forever; The Devil's Angel

Imposter

The thick air surrounded her and she felt the walls of the room constricting her, coming in close to take her in. She wanted it, she told herself. This was what she had been looking for but now that she faced her, she wasn't so sure. The resemblance was too much. For a moment, Mia wanted to scream 'traitor' on her face and rip her hair out but she knew it wasn't her, she couldn't be. No wonder people could easily mistake one look alike for another.

One look alike to another, Mia thought as her body froze. She realized she was still staring at Katherine who too was looking at her with narrowed eyes. There was a certain element to air and she didn't want to be the first to cut through it. It would start something big, she knew that. Taking a deep calming breath, Mia opened her mouth but her voice reached her first and even that sounded like Elena.

"Maya?" Katherine asked, looking at her with wide eyes. She never thought she would see her like that especially after how she disappeared on her like that.

Mia blinked in surprise, her mouth agape. Ah! She was a look alike too and even though she wasn't fooled by Elena's doppelganger, she knew she sure had Katherine fooled. The groan escaped Damon's lips and Mia's eyes snatched themselves to look at him, his distraught figure. He was sitting on his knees, his hands stretched by the chains that bound them, his head hanging forward, facing the floor. Mia could see the blood on his arms, his sleeves torn. Though the scars had disappeared, they told her enough of what were they doing to him.

"What is he doing here?" she kept her voice calm as she forced herself into a passive mode, where she didn't care but her breaths that came is short gasps told a different story. She turned to look at Katherine who was staring at her still and Mia shifted on her feet.

"How did you get here?" Katherine asked crossing her arms and Mia was taken aback. Well, today was full of surprises. She wanted to ask why she was keeping Damon down here knowing well, Klaus was here, living in the same mansion. If he so much as found her being there, she knew he wouldn't waste a second in killing her.

Picturing Maya in her head, Mia thought back to her interaction with her. Her blood came to the boiling point just thinking about it but she held herself together as she bend her right leg and crossed her arms in a very similar Katherine had. Tilting her head a little, she was sure this was something real Maya would've done. "Why do you sound so surprised? You didn't think I'd look for you?" she kept her voice steady, giving it a little of throaty twist.

"No," Katherine shook her head, "Of course, I knew. It's just that I..."

"What I don't understand is why would you hide it?" Mia asked as she held her breath. She knew that Maya didn't know of the immortality drink, that Katherine had stolen from Damon. Maya was so surprised when she mentioned it to her in the Grill.

"Well, there was nothing to hide. You know that," Katherine replied in a calm voice and Mia had to think of her reply. Could it be that Katherine had discussed it with Maya? It could be so but then why did Maya looked so shocked by the news? Mia was having a hard time pretending. She could just kill her easily now. She was sure that Katherine would be caught off guard with it but seeing the opportunity presenting itself so clearly, Mia wanted to know why Katherine had done whatever she had done.

"Then why did I had to go through town after town, looking for you?" Mia retorted, hoping she didn't give herself away with that statement. What if Katherine had told Maya of her whereabouts and Maya was just acting and all? She didn't know what to expect of the Team Evil Look Alikes.
"You didn't," Katherine said in disbelief, her wide eyes looking at Mia with affection and apology and Mia had to process that look on her face. She really did care for Maya.

"No, I didn't," Mia snorted, something Maya would've done, she thought. That girl wore her attitude on her sleeves, "I knew you'd be here," she said molding her statement in a way that could give nothing away, even if they had talked about it or not, "But why the risk, Katherine?" she stepped forward, softening her expression. She had to know why she was here. It couldn't be that she didn't know that Klaus was supposedly the king of the place.

"You never call me Katherine," Katherine narrowed her eyes at Mia and Mia felt her heart skip a beat and it was so not in good manner.
Mia's guard went up as she swallowed and crossed her arms once again, putting back the impatient scowl on her face, "I-I do when I'm pissed. Why does it matter anyway? You're deflecting my question?" Mia snapped at her.

Katherine stopped a moment to collect her thoughts. Something was off about it all and she knew it. She just couldn't put her finger on it. "What are you wearing?" she asked unconsciously. The question just slipped as she looked at the outfit Mia wore, the denim jeans with a plain white shirt and she was wearing sneakers. Sneakers, for crying out loud?

Mia's lips parted as she looked down to herself and shook her head. Raising her head, she met Katherine's eyes confidently, "Really? You wanna comment on my attire, right now?" she pointed to herself and cocked her head to a side, letting her annoyance show.

"You'd never anything like that," Katherine replied in an amusing but hard tone as if she was reprimanding her on it.

"Oh! I'm sorry, I couldn't keep up with your training while your sweet friends held me captive and threatened to kill me," Mia said and heard a sharp intake of breath from Katherine. She mentally high fived herself. Another point to Team Mia.

"What?" Katherine stepped in front of her Mia and she felt her personal space violently offended, "You were taken? Who did it, Maya? Who was it?" she asked the questions in succession and Mia felt herself falter. She wasn't that much of a horrible person, like the way she clearly cared for Maya was beyond her. How could be a selfish, manipulative and all things evil about her could be true if she still knew how to love?

"Like you care," Mia mumbled as she looked away.

"I do care," Katherine almost shouted but then reduced her voice to a harsh whisper, her brown eyes shining with an emotion, Mia couldn't comprehend, "and you damn well know it. Now, who was it?"

Seeing an open opportunity flinging itself to Mia, she squared her shoulders, "If you cared, you would've told me where the drink is?" Mia shouted and saw Katherine take a step back, her eyes wide and Mia gave herself another point. Team Mia was so leading this scoreboard.

"The drink?" Katherine asked shocked. How could she know about that? She had made sure, she never slipped anything about the drink in front of her. Of course, she told her that it existed and she even promised her half the drink but she didn't informed her of it when she finally found it. Her mind was reeling and nothing was making any sense.

"Why? Wasn't I supposed to know?" Mia raised her voice knowing she had Katherine in all shock and surprise which was surprising to even herself. She thought if she riled her enough, she could get the answers she needed.

"Maya..." Katherine started but Mia cut her off.

"I found it from someone else, Kath..." she stopped herself when she remembered that Katherine told her that Maya never called her that. What did Maya call her then? Did they really have a secret language sort of thing? "I found it from someone I truly detest." she flinched at the use of the word, 'detest'. Really, did her emotions run that deep?

"Mia did this to you?" Katherine recovered, her eyes almost glowing with anger and a shiver ran down Mia's spine. Ouch. How easily she guessed her to be Mia. So, Maya did detest her. Mia shrugged to herself. She hated her too, no big deal there but what had she done to her to deserve so much hatred? Mia always thought of herself to be a victim of Maya but her words from earlier ran through Mia's mind. 'You ruined my life,' she had said and Mia found herself looking at a totally new perspective of her relationship with Maya.

"And her pretty boyfriend there," she pointed to Damon and her heart tripped inside her chest looking at his defeated demeanor. He was coming for her. Stefan had told her that and she wondered what it was about? What did he had to tell her?

"Hmm," Katherine smirked, her lips turning up, a look Mia had never seen before on that face and it looked really katherine-isque because she knew that Elena could never have such an expression, "Good thing we have him here now. You can torture him as much as you like," she said and Mia's breath hitched in her throat. No way. Now, she saw the face of Katherine everyone had warned her about and somehow, her threatening to hurt Damon rang a deep chord within Mia.

"I don't care about him," Mia said snatching his eyes away from Damon, "or torturing him," she added, "I just want to know where the drink is?" Mia said and realized her mistake. She was pushing the drink thing too far but it was the reason that had Damon running away from her. That single drink was the cause to all her problems.

The sound of rattling chains caught Mia's attention as she saw Damon raising his head again as he moved on his knees and fell backwards towards the wall and Mia closed her eyes when his back made the connect with wall. That had to hurt, she thought. Damon groaned as he drew up his legs. With his back to the wall, he had a little more room and he could move his hands freely now.

"God, he's waking up," Katherine complained, "Him being an immortal and I have to snap his neck every thirty minutes," she said as she took out a syringe from her back pockets and Mia's body screamed in protest, her heart pacing in her chest.

"Why keep him here, anyway?" Mia asked, her eyes closed as she stepped back. She hurt all over and felt weak, helpless.

"Why such a sudden interest?" Katherine smirked, "I thought you didn't care," she raised her eyebrows at her and Mia shook he head.

"Uh, well. I don't," she whispered as her eyes made their way to Damon, his ocean blue eyes looking straight in her direction and Mia saw the small crease on his forehead. He knew. He knew, it was her and Mia didn't know if she wanted to be happy or not. Happy that he recognized her. Sad that he had to see this version of her which coincided with Maya so much.

"Doesn't seem like it," Katherine said, a small smile curling up her lips as she moved her eyes from Mia to Damon and then back to her, her fingers playing with the syringe in her hand.

"What are you implying?" Mia asked confidently and she let her voice show the irritation she felt, reining in the anger and hatred for that woman. Her eyes flickered to Damon and she saw him shaking his head discreetly, his eyes held worry, panic and pain and none of them made Mia felt better about her act.

Katherine shrugged indifferently, "To answer your question," she said stepping down to the first stair and Mia held her breath. She was going to tell her about the drink but the next words that came out of Katherine's mouth chilled her to the bones, "of why keeping him here," she paused and looked straight at Mia, "You," she said in a harsh, but strong whisper.

"Me?" Understanding dawned on her. She was caught and her voice came out as a small shriek but she cleared her throat. She didn't know how long had Katherine been playing with her but the game was over now. She had Damon here because of her. Why the hell?

"I knew you would come for him," Katherine shrugged with a smug smile on her face.

There was so much Mia wanted to say and could say but nothing came out of her mouth and she saw Damon's tense body from the corner of her eyes and she knew there was nothing she could do but kill her. Kill Katherine, once and for all and she questioned herself if she was capable of it. Could she do it? Maya's words ran through her mind, 'You're gonna take her too, you murderer?'

"Great act by the way," Katherine said, "but not good enough," she smirked and landed a kick to Mia's knees and she fell in a heap to the floor, caught off guard. She heard Damon's scream and the light flickering in the room made her dizzy. Mia fisted her hands together as she stood up but Katherine was faster as she grabbed her and tried to throw her down.

Mia dodged the blow and elbowed her in the stomach. Katherine pushed Mia before clutching her stomach. Losing her balance, Mia tipped off and fell down the flight of stairs. She gripped the wooden railing to save herself but Katherine lunged for her and twisted her arm. Mia let out an agonizing scream and Damon screamed his protests, his chains holding him back as he struggled to reach Mia.

With a satisfied smile, Katherine took the syringe and leaned towards Mia. Mia gripped her arm and tried to get up taking support from her. On reaching the shoulder, Mia pulled her down and saw her take the ugly flight down, the syringe falling far from her hands. Mia got up swiftly, and swung a kick at her but Katherine being a vampire was fast as she stood up and danced out of Mia's way and dashed for the injection lying a few feet away from her.

"Mia, get the syringe," Damon shouted in his weak voice. Following his voice, Mia ran to it as Katherine landed a neat punch to her face and Mia wobbled backward, "Not so fast, honey," Katherine taunted.

Mia felt her wings unfurling and Katherine gasped. The energy danced on Mia's skin and she felt the bolt of it free itself from her and went for Katherine. Seeing her angelic powers coming into the play, Katherine cut out her amusement and dashed towards Mia. She felt the warmth spreading in the body, so much so she felt as if she was burning.

Taking a breath, Katherine endured Mia's destructive energy entering her and she swept her leg behind Mia and knocked her to the floor but the burning pain still didn't went away. Seeing the opening she was waiting for, she stabbed the syringe into Mia's neck and let out a breath of relief as the burning sensation cooled down.

Mia's energy died instantly. "No! Mia!" she heard Damon's voice from the blackness that had started to surround her and she fell into the oblivion, welcoming it, cherishing the peace it brought and his voice, his worried and concerned voice for her, it felt good, blissful even as she closed her eyes. He cared. He still cared.
♠ ♠ ♠
Subscribe/Comment/Recommend.
​Let me know if you guys are liking it.​​