‹ Prequel: The Devil's Angel
Status: Hope you guys enjoy. Feedback will be appreciated. :)

Forever; The Devil's Angel

Incursion

The sound of water rushing nearby was soothing to her senses as she closed her eyes and spread her arms, the rays of sunlight illuminating her, warming her and she felt different, free and it was heavenly. She stopped twirling in the green lush grass and came to a standstill and sighed as her eyes went to the cascade of water falling. The water was crystal clear but as her eyes followed the flow of rushing water, it darkened its color, became slow, almost sluggish in its movement.

She walked, mesmerized by the calm and serene flow and bent down on her knees, reaching forward to touch that water. It seemed eternal, everlasting in its beauty and youth, its freshness and movement. It was exhilarating. Sighing contently, she immersed her index finger in the water testing the temperature when a hand rested on her shoulder, shocking her and she gasped and straightened herself.

"You'll fall in, angel," a voice said and Mia felt nothing but love and compassion, a sense of security. She turned around to look at the face with that voice but the sunlight blinded her eyes, blurring the image she wanted to see
.

"Angel, get up," the voice changed but it still felt nice and she moved towards it, wanting to reach it. She couldn't see it but she knew she could reach it. "Open your eyes, Mia. Come on," he cooed her and she snuggled close to the voice. She felt something warm on her cheek and the feather touch made her moan.

She was finally reacting to his voice and touch. He smiled when she held his arm and pulled herself closer to him, her head resting on his shoulder. He couldn't stop himself from touching her soft, smooth skin. He swallowed the throaty voice that came when his finger made contact with her skin. Though they were in such a mess, he was thankful that she was close to him, close enough that he could touch and hold her, love and comfort her. His eyes made their way to her stomach and his heart tripped inside his chest. She shouldn't have been here. She should be in a king sized bed, resting and enjoying being pampered.

"Damon?" Mia roused as she reached for him, her voice husky from unconsciousness.

"I'm here, angel," he whispered softly, "Wake up."

Mia fluttered her eyes open. She breathed deeply and realized she was leaning against Damon. He held her hand in one of his and his lips were placing soft kisses on her head, the effect of which she felt to her core. She tilted her head to look at him, her eyes still droopy but a small smile graced her lips. Leaning slightly back, she looked at him, his eyes shining. He, too was smiling, such a breath taking smile she thought she was still dreaming.

"Hey," she said in husky voice, lowering her eyes, she cleared her throat.

"Hey, you," he sighed in relief as he examined her face, the bruises were healed, not even a slight pinkish line to show the aftermath of her fight with Katherine. He woke up to her voice, the way she had command over it and how she tried to be confident while facing the devil's associate, the elusive, Katherine Pierce and he had to go through the kind of torture, he never wish to see again.

Mia was a pretty good fighter but she had nothing against Katherine and he couldn't understand why she couldn't use her so angelic powers instead of combating her. "How are you?" he asked.

Mia smiled weakly, "Terrible," she admitted, "You?" she raised her eyebrows slightly and looked at the dark circles beneath his eyes, his pale skin. He looked so weak and pale, Mia couldn't believe it. He was always her rock, the stronger one and now, looking at him, he felt tired, exhausted even and it showed on his face.

"I'm fine, I guess," he shrugged, trying to downplay the situation. She had already too much on her plate, he didn't want her to worry but little did he knew, he was all she could think about.

"God," she shook her head, "You look so weak...and pale," she raised her hand and put it to his face. Damon closed his eyes, relishing in the warmth and light she brought to his darkened soul by merely existing and by being with him. He missed this. He missed her.

"Yeah, I guess those assholes are trying to desiccate me for some twisted reason,' he smirked at her and saw her eyes widen, "Obviously, they can't kill me in any way," he added. Mia sighed as she removed her hand from his face and straightened herself, turning her head away from him.

Damon missed her the instant she pulled away. "What? What happened?" he asked casually but she could hear the concern in his voice and it tugged at her heart. It was hard to resist him already but with this, she knew she would end up doing something that she would regret later and there was nothing she could do to give him the opening of the escape he needed, the one she had come to provide him.

"Mia?" he called her again, "Look at me," his voice was soft, coaxing.

"Nothing. If," she started and drew in a shaky breath, "If it were someone else here stuck with you, at least you could have some blood," she sighed and looked away again as she took her wrist with her hand observing the veins, "Mine is nothing but poison," she pushed back the tears that formed in her eyes. She needed control and strength. She couldn't lose herself like this.

Damon was momentarily shocked by her admission. This was what she was upset about, that he was weak and she couldn't give him what he needed. Blood. As important as it was, he couldn't think about it, not with her being so close to him. Blood was the last thing on his mind but now that she had mentioned it, his cravings spoke out loudly in the back of his mind. He needed a diversion, any diversion. He closed his eyes and tried to picture something that didn't consist of the red color.

"And now, I can't get you out of here either," she said in a small voice, most probably to herself but he snapped his eyes open.

"Don't think like that, angel," he whispered the words to her extending his hand towards her when he heard her sharp intake of breath and his hand stopped midair, his eyes wide as he turned to look at the door. Seeing no one there, he returned to look at Mia and she looked exotic, her chocolate eyes expressing a million emotions, her parted lips did nothing to ease his galloping heart and her hair, her luscious brown hair framing her face so tenderly, he had to double take.

"You called me angel," Mia said as she felt herself flushing under his gaze. She didn't know where the thoughts were coming from but she knew she had to rein them in but then there were his eyes, the spectacular blue twinkling, pulling her in and his hair where she wanted to run her fingers through mussing them up further. Shaking her head, Mia closed her eyes breaking the moment.

"What?" Damon snapped back into the reality, her words settling inside him and he felt a cold wave wash over him.

"I hate the word, you know," she said, her eyes still closed but her lips were curled upward and Damon found his gaze riveted to her lips, to her smile, "Except somehow, when you say it...it feels," Mia shrugged, "right," she finally completed, "It feels good."

He knew that. She had told him that before, when she found about the choice she had to make. Somehow, it felt good when he called her that. She was his angel after all and she had also called him the devil, primarily because of their first meeting when he literally fed on her. He didn't realize before that moment, how far had they come from the monster who fed on an innocent angel to the same devil that could sacrifice his life for the same girl. How had she turned his whole world upside down?

He couldn't stop himself when he uttered her name in a low husky voice. "Mia," he said.

"I'm sorry," Mia apologized and Damon looked at her in confusion, his brows raised, "I don't even know why I said it," she admitted. She obviously took his uttering of her name in a different way and Damon suppressed a sigh. "I mean, it's not like you..."

"Mia?" Damon cut her off because he knew she was going to bring up their break up again and he couldn't deal with it right that moment. He wanted them to be what they were like before, if not lovers then at least friends who could trust each other but screw that, he thought, he did love her and she was his, completely and utterly his and wasn't he going to tell her the same thing when he was abducted, whatever by the evil bitch?

Turning towards her, he put his hand on her face and watched as she shivered under his touch and he reveled in that feeling of making her react to his touch that way. "Mia," he whispered again in that low, husky voice that had a special ability to melt Mia as she leaned slightly towards him.

"Hey, hey, hey," the voice came followed by the sound of the door clicking close and Mia jumped back from Damon who rolled his eyes annoyingly at the intruder, wanting to strangle him. "Looks like our guests up and chatting," she smirked, rubbing his hands together.

‘More than chatting, if you would've stayed the hell out,' Damon thought as his eyes flickered to Mia who was glaring at the vampire. "What are you discussing, your escape plan?" he taunted, "Let me warn you," he raised his index finger, "it's bound to fail," he flashed his eyebrows stepping closer to Mia.

"What's bound to fail is if you think that you're getting out of here alive?" Mia retorted, her eyes flashing and Damon smirked at the guy, raising his brow, daring him to top that off. He totally loved this girl, there was not a point zero percent doubt in his mind. She could be the sweet, naive angel or she could be a hell of lot more with her sassy attitude and unparalleled powers.

Looking at Damon smiling proudly at the girl beside him, Thierry gave out a snorted laugh, "Hmm. I heard you had a pretty mouth on yourself," he said as he leaned forward to take Mia's chin between his two fingers. Mia jerked herself away, disgust apparent in her eyes.

Damon felt the most absurd emotion. Jealousy, he had felt before where Mia was concerned but this, this was stronger, darker. He moved forward until the chains pulled him back but he struggled against their hold, jerking his hand to break them off. He was going to kill that guy.

"Oh," Thierry smiled, "Something I said?" he questioned Damon.

"Damon," Mia called him scared that he might have something that could probably take down Damon and she didn't want him to lose all energy because of her.

"You would shut up if you wanna live," Damon threatened as weak as it might be but his loud, growling voice should have been enough for someone but Thierry only seemed more fueled by it as he leaned in again and put his hand on Mia's shoulder, his eyes on Damon who took a deep breath building his momentum to strike at the monster.

"Damon, don't," Mia said closing her eyes as she shook off his hand.

"Listen to your girl asking you to stop," Thierry smirked, "She might be enjoying," he winked at Mia.

"Stay the hell away from her," Damon growled again, pushing the chains again.

"I have to do something about you, don't I?" Thierry asked as he backed away and Damon's hard movements to break himself free lessened in their strengths. Mia's eyes were on Thierry, she was looking for some kind of syringe he would inject Damon with or would he just snap his neck. Katherine's words returned to her, 'Him being an immortal and I have to snap his neck every thirty minutes.'

"Ain't gonna hurt me, buddy," Damon released an exhausted breath as he leaned back to the wall and smiled up at him, "Get over yourself." One of the perks of being an immortal, nothing could kill him. He'd like to see them try.

Something flashed in Thierry's eyes and Mia felt a cold shiver running up her spine. She didn't know what was up but Damon had certainly hit the wrong mark on that man. She saw the pure black color surrounding him and Mia's calmed her beating heart. There was nothing he could do to hurt Damon or her. They were the ones with power here, weren't they? He couldn't hurt Damon. He was an immortal anyway.

"No!" Mia screamed as he pulled out his knife and moving with the lightning fast speed, he slashed Damon's chest as red blood seeped out drenching his shirt in blood and Damon closed his eyes, his nostrils flared but no sound escaped him. "Damon?" she moved forward towards him, the energy palpitating on her skin.

"That's the best you got?" Damon mocked, his lips curling up as he took a deep breath and met Thierry's eyes with determination and Mia wanted to knock him out. Was it so necessary to provoke him, right now? She couldn't get Damon and his thinking sometimes.

"Ain't gonna hurt you, huh?" Thierry said breathless, adrenaline pumping fast in his veins as he moved towards Mia and pulled her up on her feet. Mia got up with a jerk, her wrist started bleeding when the metallic chain moved against her skin. "Ouch," she said examining the damage and saw Damon moving for her from the corner of her eye.

"I'm fine," she assured him but as usual he wasn't convinced as he glared at Thierry. Completely unaffected by Damon's glare, Thierry jerked Mia towards himself. Taking her hand, he cut the palm of her hand. Her skin sliced open as thick, red liquid gushed to the surface. "Stop it!" Damon yelled but Mia's heart felt cold. She didn't know what was he doing but the feeling that settled deep in her stomach told her it was going to end up badly for someone.

"Let's see if this satisfies your blood cravings, immortal?" Thierry smirked at Damon, his lips curled up in the most sinister type of smile and Mia felt ready to throw up. Damon's wide eyes flashed to Mia as the meaning of his words crashed upon him. The time slowed around them as he just looked at her with apology in his eyes and Mia stared at him with plain horror. Seeing the look on his face, Mia let out a scream, "No!" she pulled her hand back, her resistance renewed but he was so much stronger and so much faster.

The first thought that came into his mind was not that he was going to die but that Mia would blame herself forever if he died and he knew the life of pain, regret and self-loathing, he didn't Mia to live that way. He got to his knees, his eyes locked with Mia's. "Don't," he said, "Thierry, don't do this," he said, his eyes still on Mia.

"Oh, no," Thierry laughed, "This is me at my best," he answered Damon's question as he raised his eyebrows at him, taunting him.

With one swift motion, he had Mia standing in front of Damon as he pulled her hand and thrust in forcefully on Damon. Damon protested the assault but Mia's wrist was on his mouth, the oozing liquid trickling into his mouth, the metallic yet heavenly taste of it filling his senses but he knew it wasn't heavenly, her blood was poisonous to every being on the planet.

It had killed Rebekah already and now it was his turn but the scent and taste of that forbidden made him forget everything as he slid his eyes close in pleasure, letting the blood invade him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Save Me - Hanson
Save You - Kelly Clarkson