‹ Prequel: The Devil's Angel
Status: Hope you guys enjoy. Feedback will be appreciated. :)

Forever; The Devil's Angel

Pleasure Over Pain

She felt her blood boiling. Was it with anger or life taking worry that wretched her soul, she didn't know but all she could see was red. It was the only thing with a hundred percent surety of death and she knew this time it couldn't be reversed but she tried. Oh God, how she tried. Her screams came to a sudden halt and the deafening silence that prevailed made her realize how loud she was. She jerked her hand away, elbowing Thierry on face as she lost her balance and fell backwards.

Damon groaned and growled in anger, his fangs protruding, his face veined as he moved forward for her. He wanted that blood...needed it. Hell, he could take any blood at the moment but hers...it was something else. He could swear on his life he had never in his life had something so sweet before or maybe at that one time when he took blood from her before she was an angel but he couldn't think anymore, he needed to take that even if it meant death.

"Damon, no," she screamed, tears streaming down her face, "You can't, Damon. You can't," she kept repeating, heavy sobs wrecking her body as Thierry extended his hands and took her by her waist, moving her towards Damon whose eyes were gleaming as he kept staring at the red liquid oozing out of her skin, having no regard for the girl he claimed to love so much.

Mia struggled as it was all she could do as she thrashed in Thierry's arms trying her best to move away from him. "Please, it'll kill him," she begged him but he just smiled, the same smile that twisted her stomach, making her sick to the core. He wouldn't stop, she knew he wouldn't stop. She felt the thrumming build under her skin, tingling...tantalizing as she took a deep breath and closed her eyes, constructing a perfect image of Thierry as she focused him as her center.

She felt it. The low humming growing powerful each second and then she was standing on her own, her wrist healing up, closing the wound. She opened her eyes to look at Thierry standing with his eyes wide and she realized, her necklace was glowing. Before coming down, Cam had enchanted the necklace so it wouldn't be visible all the time as it could be real bizarre watching someone wearing an ancient pendent on her neck but she could see it glowing now, warm and comforting.

A single look in his direction and he was flying back hitting the wall as he let out an agonizing scream and fell on the ground as a heap of nothing but Mia couldn't stop. She didn't even knew what she was doing. She could just see him thrashing around, his fingers clawing the ground as he tried to breathe and then with his bulging eyes, he went still letting out a pathetic moan. The lights in the room flickered as the air settled down and Mia felt the whiplash of her powers, recoiling back into her with a snap and she almost fell but balanced herself in time as the view in front of her cleared.

It was like coming back from another world. She didn't knew it was her who did that, like she had become something else and she realized how dangerous she was and how out of control as she had not an ounce of power over herself when it came to kill someone....or protect someone, she thought as she turned around for Damon.

With his back to the fall and his head almost resting on his shoulder, he looked peaceful and her heart tripped inside her chest. She couldn't be so late, could she? It couldn't be her blood...but it was her blood and it was poison. She fell on her knees besides him and with trembling fingers, she reached out for him putting her hand on his face and she let out a sigh at the contact.

His skin felt normal...not like dead and he was breathing but she knew one thing. If it didn't kill him, then it surely made him weak and he was so weak already, it slashed at her heart to see him like this. He was the strong and bold one but seeing him now, he presented a different image, a weak, battered and vulnerable man, the kind that lost the drive to live and drew in a shaky breath at her thoughts.

A tear escaped her eye as she leaned forward, her right wrist would have bruises from her pulling the chains to be a little closer to Damon but she didn't care as she cradled his face with her left hand. "Please, be alright," she whispered as she rested her forehead on his and inhaled deeply. No matter how much he sent her away, she knew he was the place where she could be herself. For her, it was home, her safe haven and he had been since day one.

"Told him to stay away," Mia jerked back at the voice as her eyes snapped to Katherine looking casually at Thierry, "He's an idiot," she shook her head as her heels clicked their way to Mia.

"So are you," Mia hissed as she pulled a little away from Damon and straightened herself, her eyes gleaming with anger and annoyance. Katherine stopped a few feet away from, a smug smile gracing her lips as she tilted her head questioningly at Mia and raised her eyebrows. "Seeing that you're here," Mia replied and looked from Thierry back to Katherine, "at the same spot," she clarified and gave her a small smirk.

Katherine's brows raised in surprise before she threw her head back and outright laughed at Mia adding to her annoyance. "Nice," she said as her laughter died down and she stepped close to Damon taking out yet another syringe from her pocket, "But I have this," she showed proudly.

Mia gasped, "No!" but Katherine pricked it in his neck and injected the vervain content into his blood stream. Mia widened her eyes in surprise as she in a similar fashion threw Katherine to the wall but she quickly got on her feet and glared at Mia. Obviously, she wouldn't die. She had taken the immortal drink and Mia felt her annoyance build up to another level.

"That's why love's a bitch," she remarked as she dusted off her shirt with her hand and squared her shoulders. Mia felt tired of the games and even felt her energy weakening, simmering at a low buzzing level in her blood and she raked her fingers through her hair.

"Please, stop hurting him," she said in a broken voice and Katherine smiled victoriously. She knew he was the key to her. "Nah!" Katherine shrugged and Mia snapped her eyes to her, "It's too much fun."

"I'll kill you," Mia hissed, her voice threatening and intimidating but it didn't effect Katherine in the least.

"You do know, he's not gonna die, right?" she flipped her hand and put it on her waist casually, as if she was making a small talk with an old friend.
"You're..." Mia started but Katherine straight out ignored her as she kept talking.

"Well, not unless I thrust the cure down his throat and then, kill him," she completed and Mia felt herself on her fire, her mouth hanging open, her eyes wide. She had totally forgotten that the other vial of cure was still with her, with Katherine and oh God, she wouldnt...

"Yeah, not so nice of me," Katherine smiled, "But that's how I work," she sighed as if bored and moved back to the wall as she leaned against it casually, resting her foot on the wall. She crossed her arms at her chest and regarded Mia with amusement.

"Explains why you're bitter and alone," Mia retorted, keeping her eyes on the ground. Looking at Katherine just gave her a head ache and high blood pressure.

"Oh sweetheart," Katherine said mockingly, "Love just plain sucks, makes you weak no matter how much of an immortal you become," she shot Damon a pitiful look and rested her eyes on Mia.

Mia remembered the same kind of conservation with Silas once and the memory of him still had an ability to make her bones chill but she had killed him in the end, she hoped to hell she could kill Katherine one day and rid the world of devil's associate. Mia took a deep breath, recalling her conversation with Silas, "It doesn't..." she started but it was like Katherine had something against her talking as she cut her off again knowing well what she was going to say and she nodded towards her.

"Please, like I don't know. Just take a good look at yourself. First, you don't want him to die and when he's an immortal, you can't even see him getting hurt," she reasoned.

"That's why you disposed of Maya?" Mia raised her brows. This was the only topic where she could pull Katherine's strings because she knew no matter how much she locked herself in a shell, she cared deeply about Maya.

"I didn't dispose her," Katherine exclaimed as she pushed herself away from the wall and made her way towards Mia giving Mia an immense pleasure to see that kind of reaction from her when she let her guard down, "I just didn't want her to take the drink," she explained herself.

"So, you do care for her?" Mia shrugged and made the point, arching her brow, daring Katherine to deny it when it hit her. If she loved Maya so much, why not make her an immortal? Why keep her a vulnerable human and then worry about her dying off? It didn't make any sense. "Wait! Why didn't you want her to take the drink? It would've made her an immortal and you..."

"She couldn't have a life as an immortal," Katherine replied quickly.

"Why not?" Mia shot the question knowing she was riling up Katherine and she could easily slip out her answer.

"I would've made a vampire if that was the case but I didn't," she shook her head, trying to convey a point which obviously Mia didn't get.
"That's what I asked. Why not?" She asked again.

Against Mia's expectation, Katherine smiled at her and Mia was taken aback. Damn she was so close to get an idea of what was her plan. "Don't sweat your pretty little face," she smirked and titled her head to a side, "Why so concerned about Maya?"

Mia scrunched her nose in disgust, "I couldn't care about her even if I wanted to," Mia spat her answer and let out a small smile, "I just wanted an insight to your devil's workshop," she commented satisfied.

"Devil's workshop," Katherine chuckled, "Sounds interesting," she snorted and shook her head. "Well," she sighed, "You sure can talk."
Mia beamed at her, "I can do a lot more than talking," she said and put on a straight face. She could easily envision a hundred way to kill her slowly and painfully. Hell, she could write a whole damn book about '101 ways to kill Katherine Pierce', she thought with a smile but only if she could.

"Then why don't you rip my heart out, like right now?" Mia snapped at her thoughts to see Katherine leaning in closer to her, the same annoying smug smile on her face. Mia entertained her idea, her hand almost extending to complete the proposed idea but her eyes flickered to Damon and all thought about Katherine dying poofed into thin air.

Katherine shook her head and snickered, "Told you about love," she remarked as she backed up and stood straight.

"Would you stop?" Mia almost screamed, "If not anyone else, I know you care about Maya," she said.

"And you don't?" she looked back at Mia and raised her eye brows as she went to Damon and opened his chains. She pulled him away quietly to chain him at some distance from Mia. She didn’t want any kind of contact between them.

"What does she have anything to do with me?" she screamed at her.

Despite her raised voice, Katherine stayed calm and looked almost bored, "I don't know. I was just thinking if what they say is true," she shrugged, "You know, blood runs deeper than water and all that shit," she shook her head and looked questioningly at Mia who looked confused at Katherine, her brows wrinkled together, her lips puckered.

"What's that supposed to mean?" she finally asked.

Katherine walked up the stairs as she went to stand with the door, her hand on its handle as she turned back to look at Mia, "Don't tell me you've never wondered why Maya looks like you?" she suggested and Mia gasped, the air escaped her lungs till she couldn't see anything but the white spots dancing in front of her vision. What the hell? It couldn't be. Her hand flew to her chest as she grabbed the collar of her shirt in a tight fist, her heart racing.

Her thoughts were flying everywhere and she felt the walls closing in on her. "I thought so too," Katherine snorted as she shook her head and flashed beside Damon as he took his neck in her hand. Waiting for Mia to look at her, she snapped his neck as Mia gasped, her brown eyes wide with shock, anger, annoyance, hatred...she had no idea she was capable of feeling so many negative emotions at a time.

​"Think about whose side you're on?" Katherine said in a deep grave voice as she flashed out of the room leaving behind an emotionally distraught Mia who couldn't keep her mind straight and the longer she held on to sanity, the more it slipped away from her grasp.
♠ ♠ ♠
Subscribe/Comment/Recommend. Thank you for staying with the story. Constructive criticism is very welcome.