‹ Prequel: The Devil's Angel
Status: Hope you guys enjoy. Feedback will be appreciated. :)

Forever; The Devil's Angel

Igniting

"Oh! Thanks God it's you," Mia sighed as she went up to Elijah and hugged him. He held her for a moment in a tight embrace. He was glad he could differentiate between the two look alikes, else he would've been home, hosting a menace. Elijah shrugged. "I'm glad you're doing alright," he said and she pulled back nodding, "or you were doing alright a few minutes ago," he added with an amused smiling, shooting a look in Damon's direction.

"Damn it," Mia exclaimed as she ran to Damon, "I strip him off his energy," she said as she put her hand to his face examining his pale skin and he sighed turning his face to her, his eyes closed, the signs of exhaustion marking his skin. His face was pale, his skin sweaty, not to mention the dark circles under his eyes. Mia's heart lurched at the sight of him, he was so weak and it was all her doing.

"Yes, I saw the passionate embrace," Elijah smiled, "I am sure it would strip a person of the...what you said? Energy," he chuckled and Mia whipped around at him, her mouth agape, her eyes wide. She couldn't believe he would make such a remark on such a thing at such a freaking timing. She shook her head at him, her arms spread at her sides.

"Ha-Ha," Damon mumbled, his breath heavy, "Ever the gentleman, Elijah. Ever the gentleman," he said and Mia forgot about the remark Elijah made as she sat down on her knees in front of him. "Are you ok?" she asked concerned. Damon tried to open his eyes but they were so heavy, his lids drooped back as he moved his hand an inch forward. "I'm fine," he said. He wanted to say more but he couldn't breathe enough to say something. He leaned his head back as he supported it with a wall.

"I'm sorry," Mia said, "I'm so sorry," she said tucking her hair behind her ear, "I thought-I...I'm such a..." Mia was babbling when Elijah put his hand on her shoulder and Mia turned to look at him.

"We have to get out of here," he said. "I know," Mia replied hastily, not paying much attention. "We don't know what you will have to face once you get out, Mia," he tried to get her attention and he had it all now.

"What-what do you mean?" she stuttered as she closed her eyes to collect her thoughts. Wouldn't he had come with some kind of master plan to get Damon and her out? He knew what resided in the castle. How could he come without help? "We would need your power," he said raising his brows in question to ask her if she was up for that.

"How much?" she asked and then mentally slapped herself. She wasn't in control of it anyway, she knew that. She was going to fail herself and everybody that depended on her. She was going to be such a disaster. "A lot," Elijah shrugged, "I apologize for I couldn't scale it up in time," he smiled at her and Mia felt herself annoyed at him, frustrated with herself and mad at Damon when he suggested with his feeble voice that she should draw more from him.

"You don't have much of it anyway," Mia countered Damon, "Really," she nodded at him, "You're running pretty low on it yourself," she pointed at him and his beaten demeanor. Damon shook his head and Mia wished, he could just open his eyes because with his eyes closed, the picture was so dreadful like he was...like he was...she couldn't even think the word.

"Mia?" Damon called for her and Mia stood up, shaking her head firmly, "No," she scolded him, "You don't see your face, Damon. It's...I don't know. It's exhausted."

"Yeah," he shrugged which Mia saw took a lot of effort, "But it'll get us out of here at least," he argued back, "It'll stop the torture," he said in almost a broken whisper and Mia's heart broke into a million of little fragments. She narrowed her eyes at him and folded her arms, "But with you..." she hesitated, "desiccated! Who's going to carry your stone-ish self out of here?" she raised her brows.

A small smile played at Damon's lip as he cracked open his one eye, "Wow," he breathed, "For a moment there, you just sounded like me," he smirked at her and Mia threw her hands in exasperation. "God, Damon?"

Damon chuckled again, "God and Damon in one sentence, huh?" he smirked again and shook his head, "Heavens are so not going to like you. Though I know I'm pretty much..."

"I hope this lover's quarrel end fast," Elijah came to stand beside Mia, "Not helping with time much," he said, "your argument," he pointed out when Damon raised his brows at him and he gave a nod to Damon who rolled his eyes and closed them again. Mia sighed, "It doesn't matter anyway," she said, "I can't control them."

"How did you break the chains?" Elijah asked her and Damon shrugged. "Hotness factor. Melted right off," Damon mumbled and Mia sighed again rubbing her temples.

"I don't know," she shrugged, "I just wanted to..." she paused and her cheeks flamed up, "I don't know," she shook her head and saw Elijah give her a nod in understanding. He understood it. "Well that's your limiting factor," he said simply and Mia bit her lip, her hand on her hip. "Sorry, my what?" she asked.

"Your limiting factor," he answered, "Everyone has one. Each being that comes into power has a weakness," he explained, "They can all be killed if the need be to stop them. Even us, the originals can be killed," he ran his finger on the wooden beam at the farther wall and rub his fingers to clean off the dust, "You on the other hand, are an angel and don't die unless you betray the Heaven's rule book or whatever there is to follow," he said and Mia nodded, "So, you're limited by your energy," he said, "You eventually run out of it and can't do much or your emotions are what controls them. Your anger, your passion, fear, love..."

"That's why Damon strengthens me. I can get his energy," she said to herself, "My power up."

"Yes, dear but you were never supposed to fall in love with him. You see now, that weakens you for you want to see him safe and protected."

"Is that so wrong?" she asked hopeless. "No..." Elijah started but Damon cut her off. "Nah! I'm fine being your unloved sidekick," he mumbled, "Every hero has one."

"Shut up, Damon," Mia said and took deep breaths. Elijah pat her shoulders again. "We need to move now, I think before they find out that I'm here and they lock me in too," he jerked his head towards the door and Mia nodded following his line of vision. "Damon?" she looked back and Elijah moved towards him giving her a look which said that he had him but Mia continued, "He wouldn't be able to move. He needs blood," she said.

Elijah nodded, "I know. It's painfully visible," he said and Mia looked at him pointedly as he raised his hands in surrender.

"Good, I'm visible cause," Damon drew in a shaky breath, "you're talking like I've passed away," he commented but Mia ignored him. "Well give him some so we can leave," she said and Elijah turned confused and hesitant in his reply. "What?" Mia asked.

"I'll just carry him," he suggested and Damon shook his hand. "My machismo is bawling," he said as he tried to get up but fell back against the wall and Mia rushed forward to help him stand but he was so frail and weak, he still tumbled on his feet.

"You can't give some?" Mia questioned Elijah who chuckled without humor. "I would, believe me but it's a little personal," he said and looked at her pointedly to see if she caught the meaning. Mia's brows pinched together and she thought about it. She knew there was something about it but she couldn't make it up when it hit her and her eyes widened. "Oh!" she exclaimed, "Yuck," she made a face, her eyes moving from Elijah to Damon.

"Exactly," Elijah smiled and Damon chuckled at her. "You're corrupting my angel's mind," he commented and Mia hit him in the shoulder as Elijah supported his frame. "Fine," Mia shrugged, "We'll find him some human girl," she paused and shook off the feeling, "or...guy." It wasn't anything personal when they took blood from humans, right? "Or human," she added and groaned.

Elijah smiled at the jealousy that had crept up in her voice, "Human girl would be fine too," he said with a shrug, "It's just between sharing vampire blood," he completed moving Damon with him who shook his head. "Elijah?" Mia took on her scolding tone which told Damon she was actually annoyed. He smiled, "Shut up, original. She'll punch you hard if you push her," he said slowly and took a deep breath.

"I understand," Elijah said as they reached the stairs, "Not the appropriate time," he moved Damon up the stairs and Mia followed.

"Not exactly," Mia sighed and flashed her eyebrows, hoping it would all go along nice and steady. Her eyes made way to Damon as he leaned on Elijah for the support to walk and her heart pinched. He has always been her hero, her rock and to see him like that was disturbing to the very core of her existence. Ever since she woke up that day on the forest floor with no memories, with him was the first time, she felt safe, better, like she belonged somewhere. It was always in his eyes, that small flare of fire as if she made everything alright and it never ceased to make her feel special.

He had been the greatest friend, comforter. He understood her in ways even she didn't. True, he had hurt a lot too but she had made mistakes too, not the things she was proud of but at that time, they felt right. She could still remember with clarity the look on his face when he found that she had called up Cam or when he thought that she had chosen him. It was so evident that he loved her...even a few minutes ago when they were caught up in the very familiar rush of feelings, she knew but then again he averted from her and she couldn't get why.

Lost in her thoughts, Mia was pulled out when a very familiar voice reached her ears and she snapped her eyes up. "Brother," Klaus smirked playing with his fingers as he looked at Mia and gave her a nod, "What brings you here?" he asked tilting his head. Mia drew her brows up. Why wouldn't Klaus know about this? Of course he would know that they were keeping Damon here, he was the freakin' king of the place, wasn't he? How could he let them hurt Damon like this? She was surprised that she didn't think about it.

"Klaus," Elijah replied in the same accentuated and crisp voice, "You can very well see why I'm here," he said pointing to Damon and then Mia with his eyes and Klaus opened his mouth when Marcel entered the picture.

"What are you doing here?" Marcel asked Elijah in a skeptical voice. His eyes moved to Mia and he fisted his hands at his sides. Just Elijah and the girl...he had them handled but with Klaus in between, he didn't want him to know the reason he had kept Damon here. His gaze moved nervously from Mia to Elijah and the battered Damon.

"Have you been hurting him much?" Klaus asked Marcel in a casual tone and Mia took a step forward, her eyes flashing anger. "You knew that he was here?" she seethed with anger.

"Why, of course," he shrugged and Elijah uttered his name in a way as to say shut up but what else would the world need if his brother knew when to shut up? Mia scrunched her nose up in disgust. "And you let them hurt him?" she asked, shaking her head, her finger pointing to Damon. Klaus knew it was the wrong line but Marcel's words rang in his ears. He needed to earn the loyalty of these people and he could do so by letting them know that he cared about them, that he would put them above all else.

"My people needed to know he was no threat," he answered keeping his tone serious yet casual and Mia felt her hand flying as she moved towards him. Klaus tilted his head to a side, his teeth clenched as he caught her wrist midair and gave her a jerk. "Niklaus," Elijah warned him in a slow, steady whisper but Klaus ignored him as he maintained his eye contact with her.

"Your people despise you," Mia shouted at his face and Klaus smiled at her, "They can't stand to see you here," she kept up with her struggle as she put her hand on his chest and gave him a firm push, pulling her hand free from his. Klaus pried his fingers off her as he held his hand up in surrender like gesture but Mia could see the smug smile and that fueled her.

"Don't forget what you promised, Klaus," she threatened reminding him of promise he made her so long. It was the first time she had met him and he was the first one to recognize the meaning of necklace she wore all the time. He had asked her then that they make alliance, that she would never hurt him if he never hurt her or her friends and Damon without a doubt topped that list.

Klaus took a step forward and met her eyes again, "I haven't forget, angel," he said seriously in a monotone and Mia looked at him skeptically. Seeing that she had quiet down, Klaus took a step back and shook his head. "I have to think about my people too. With us being at war with the witches, we couldn't take risk with Damon because," he paused to point to Marcel and his blind followers, "they were under some notion that he was a powerful warlock thought I assured them that he was nothing but an impulsive vampire," he completed his explanation and Elijah shared a look with Klaus.

Mia looked back at Elijah who gave her a nod and her eyes made their way to Damon who had been quiet all this time. She had to get him home. Mia didn't know if she believed him but his explanation did meant that they thought nothing special of Damon and hence, he could leave. Mia sighed and looked at Klaus, "Good," she said, "Cause we're leaving," she said.

"Sure," Klaus said as he moved away from her way and looked at Marcel, "I don't see the use of keeping him here anyway," he shrugged and turned to Marcel who was glaring at Mia but looked away as soon as Klaus gave him his attention, "We should let him go," he asked if he was unsure and Mia pinched her brows together. What had gotten into him? Since when did he start asking people of what he should do?

Marcel hesitantly smiled, "Yes, he's not what we needed him to be," he replied to Klaus. He wanted to kill everyone in the room. He felt trapped. He knew the reason that vampire was kept here to keep the angel here, under their command and control but Klaus couldn't ever found that out. Their silent plan would go to ashes. Klaus would find about Katherine and he'll start a hunt again and without her, Marcel knew he wouldn't get anywhere in gaining the throne of the Quarters.

"And what did you 'needed' him to be?" Mia questioned, raising her eyebrows. "Just go home, little girl," Marcel replied with an easy going smile but Mia was apparently not finished with him yet and seeing the opportunity Klaus smirked at Elijah who sighed at the hopelessness of the situation unfolding in front of him.

"He's not Davina," Klaus added with a shrug and turned around. Mia let out a small gasp. "Davina?" she said. That's what they thought Damon was, some powerful witch that could take down people. Did they want him to be some kind of weapon in their war against the witches? They thought he was a threat to them. Klaus had explained everything to her before but now, she understood when he said Davina’s name. The very girl she saw at the festival with Cami something...

Marcel stepped forward shocked, "You know her?" he asked and Mia caught the hint of desperation in his voice and she knew she had to keep the information to herself. She looked back to Elijah and Damon leaning on him, "Yes," she answered, "I saw her," she added and gestured Elijah to take Damon out.

Elijah shook his head at her and she gave him a glare but Marcel snapped at her attention, "Where?" he asked, "Where did you see her?" he asked and Mia looked at him confused. What was with this man? He had some erratic mood swings. Elijah looked at Klaus who pointed him to the door with his eyes and Elijah's gaze flickered towards Mia. 'I got her,' Klaus mouthed to his brother and Elijah took a moment before nodding. "Come on! Let's get you out," he whispered to Damon as he started to move out.

"Why do you care?" Mia asked seeing Elijah take Damon out from the corner of her eyes. Mia could tell him the truth. It wasn't going to hurt her but she wanted to make sure that Damon was out. She hoped Elijah would give her enough blood soon so that he could be himself soon. "Because I care," Marcel blared at her and Klaus put his hand on his shoulder. "Calm, my man," he smiled at him.

Marcel shook off Klaus' hand as he fixed Mia under his hard gaze again. "Where is she?" she repeated the question.

Tipping off at his attitude, Mia pursed her lips together as she stuck out her chin, "She was with someone," she said. There, now keep thinking who she was with? Mia thought as she threw him that bone. Seeing the confusion and then anger taking its place on his face, Mia took a step back, "And why would I tell you anything?"

"Don't force me, girl. I'll take on and kill your pretty, little pathetic boyfriend," he hissed through his teeth and Mia let the tingling energy surround her as she looked at him with hard eyes. She had taken enough from him for a day. “I’d like to see you try,” Mia hissed as she squared her shoulders.

Marcel's eyes widened as his hand went to his throat clawing at it to make airway to breath but the more he tried to breathe, the more he felt the darkness consuming him. "Whoa there, angel," Klaus interfered as he held Mia by her shoulders trying to pry off her eyes from him. He had a firsthand experience of this and it didn't felt good.

"What are you going to do, huh?" She mocked him but felt her strength waver as she pushed her energy. "And why do you wanna know about Davina so much, huh?" Marcel was breathing a little better now. Mia felt her energy good as before but it was like there was something countering her attack on him, like it was protecting him from what she was doing to him. "So, that you'd keep her a prisoner too?" she finished her sentence pushing to the limit of her energy but she could see very little effect there, on Marcel.

"Oh! I am alright," a voice interfered in a mocking, self- decapitating way and Mia snapped in her energy which came at her like a rubber band colliding with force. Davina stood at the far wall, her legs a small distance apart for support, her small hands fisted at her sides, clenched tightly and her eyes narrowed on Mia who realized where the opposition to her power came from. Despite being angry at Marcel for whatever reason, she was still trying to protect him from Mia who cocked her head to a side, observing her closely.

"Davina?" Marcel exclaimed, "Davina? Where were you?" He leapt towards her as he gathered her in his arm and hugged her but she didn't respond to him. She stayed stiff throughout the embrace, leaving no trace of emotion in her expression. It nagged Mia in the weird way as she kept her eyes on her. Marcel couldn't believe she was back but Katherine's strong word rang with him. Obviously, she couldn't think that she was being kept a prisoner here, that her staying with him was a barrier to her capability but wasn't that what she said?

"You're not a prisoner," He started talking to her in a soothe voice, “Are you listening? You are not a..." he was saying when she spoke up, shaking her head. "Then why did you lie to me about Agnes?" She asked simply and Marcel raised his brows. "What?" He stuttered, "What are you talking about?"

"You know, without her there's nobody that can hurt me and she's dead, the only threat to me and my powers is dead, Marcel," she stated in her voice and Mia noticed the child like quality to it, "Why would you lie to me...if it wasn't because you needed me?"

"I do need you," He countered and Mia's ears perked up at it, "You know that. You're the only friend I have here," he said and she shook her head. "No, you're the only friend I have here. You have so many more. You're free."

"So are you. You're free too," He replied to her and Klaus came to take Mia's hand in his who quickly pulled it out and glared at him. Klaus gave a smirk in return as he leaned forward. "Elijah's out with Damon. You need to get out," he said, "I'll let you in on the drama," he said pointing to Davina and Marcel conversation. Mia was quick in shaking her head. She needed to see it for herself. "Mia," Klaus started again, "They're waiting for you there," he repeated and Mia shook herself off the thoughts and the Cami girl with memory problems.

Coming to her senses, Mia nodded as she cast them a look again before moving out of the house, her head facing the floor but she had a sense of accomplishment. Damon was out of there and she was too, the great part being that they both made it out alive. There were still some things that needed to be questioned, things she had to ask Damon and others too but she knew she'll get the time to do so. For now, she had to make sure Damon got out of town and she...she had to end this war now. It had been long enough already.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, things are changing now and there is a lot coming up ahead concerning Mia's history. Stay tune for that and shower me with your thoughts.
Love. xx