‹ Prequel: The Devil's Angel
Status: Hope you guys enjoy. Feedback will be appreciated. :)

Forever; The Devil's Angel

Double Crossed

"I still think you need to leave here," Elijah said as he clasped his hands together and looked pointedly at Mia who was staring at him, her lips pursed, deep in thinking, "It's still not safe here. Even with Damon gone, we know they still need you and they will do anything to accomplish that," he continued with his persuasion but Mia remained same, still.

"Is she even listening?" Hayley asked, her brows raised as she looked at Mia and then a shared a look with Elijah who sighed and turned towards Klaus. There was a small smile playing on Klaus' lips as he shrugged at his brother and shook his head. "Mia?" Elijah tried again and Mia came out of her stance and took a deep breath. She rubbed her hands together and looked around at the place.

"I don't think," she started and turned to Klaus, "that you should give him any blood before he's safe...at his house with Stefan and Elena with him," she widen her eyes to emphasize her point, "So that he wouldn't start running back to New Orleans," she turned towards Elijah, "It's not safe for him."

"Definitely not listening," Hayley remarked and Mia turned to look at her. "Excuse me," Mia tilted her head and Elijah intervened. "Never mind her," he said and shot a subtle glare to Hayley asking her to shut up but Mia didn't miss it as she raised her brows at their small interaction and looked at Klaus who just shrugged casually, without a care in the world.

"As I was saying," Elijah started but the thought flitted in Mia's mind and she had to speak it loud. Seeing Hayley looking at Elijah the way she was and Klaus' indifference to it. There was definitely something going on and then there was her friend, Caroline, who was still going crazy over Klaus and how he was doing and where he was?

Cutting Elijah off, she met eyes with Klaus, "And you," she pointed at him, "You need to tell Caroline," she said and saw Klaus stiffen all of a sudden. Hayley tilted her head and looked from Klaus to Elijah who sighed and dropped his head in his hands. She was impossible.

"Mia," Klaus clenched his teeth as he took a step forward and Mia straightened up. "She deserves to know, Klaus and you know that. She cares about you and it'll be good if she finds about Hayley and the baby from you instead of anyone else," Mia finished and Klaus pursed his lips together openly glaring at Mia.

"Still here, guys," Hayley said, clearly hurt. Granted that she didn't give a damn about Klaus but he was the father to her child and that had to mean something. Elijah saw the hurt floating in her eyes and he sighed again as he moved towards her and gave her a side hug but she moved away from him, crossing her arms on her chest.

Hearing the words coming from Hayley and Mia realized her deed. It was unfair of her to bring up Caroline like that in front of Hayley but she thought she didn't care about Klaus and was just stuck with him but maybe that had changed.

Mia roamed her eyes over Hayley and saw nothing but grey surrounding her. She was hurt and angry and Elijah...standing there looking at her quietly with light red surrounding him. So, she was right about that one. Elijah had some feelings for her. Her eyes made their way to Klaus who showed a pink aura. Mia didn't know if that familial love was for Elijah or Hayley but it didn't matter. She had hurt her and none of the people around her were happy at the fact.

"Hayley," Mia started regret seeping into her voice, "I'm sorry," she said but Hayley waved her off.

"Doesn't matter," she said, "I'm just a lone wolf girl you guys are stuck with," she said and shook her head, "But I can take care of myself," she turned around to leave but Mia went to her and held her by the arm gently. "Don't," she shook her head as the brothers watched the interaction quietly, "I didn't mean it like that and don't turn away from them because of me. They care about you," she said, "Both of them and you are...you are important. I was just thinking about my friend and," she paused, "I realize that it was selfish of me. I didn't mean to hurt you."

Hayley gave her a nod, her eyes flickering to Klaus and then Elijah who stood quietly but gave her a nod with a smile and for some reason she liked it, to be cared for even a little. It was better than how she had lived all her life, "I'm gonna go lie down for a bit," she said and squeezed Mia's hand that rested on her arm. Mia smiled and gave her a nod as she took a step back.

"Elijah is right, you know," Hayley said before leaving, "You need to go back with Damon. New Orleans is not safe for you either," she said and let a small smile appear on her face as she left the room and Mia turned to look at the brothers who were watching her with rapt attention.

"I'm sorry," she apologized and threw her arms in the air, "I don't know what's getting into me. I feel like I'm becoming a little dark everyday..."
"Well, you know what they're saying about global warming and blazing sun," Klaus smirked at her and took a seat on the couch where Damon was lying unconscious. Mia chuckled and shook her head, "I was talking about morality, Klaus. I feel like I'm becoming a bad person."

"People," Klaus said, "Like bad people," he flashed his brows making a point.

"That's why you act bad all the time," Mia tilted her head, "You just want people to like you," she pursed her lips and widen her eyes, a smile playing on her lips and Klaus straightened up as he glared at Mia and Elijah brought out his hands together, a single clap that had Klaus enraged but he stayed put.

"Wonderful, Mia," he commented, "You managed to quiet down a king."

"Well, the king doesn't take insult lightly," Klaus remarked.

"Are you going to order for her execution?" Elijah asked in an amused tone and Mia looked at Klaus, her brows pinched as she kept her smile in check.

"I'm considering my options," Klaus let his eyes roam around the room acting deep in thought of finding a solution.

"Will I be forgiven if I just kill Katherine?" Mia suggested and all the humor left the situation as Klaus Straightened up and met eyes with Elijah.

"Katherine?" Klaus hissed and Elijah nodded.

"She was there," Mia started, "in all her glory. She was the one who had ordered Marcel to take Damon hostage and lure me in. She needs all the power in the world to take you down and as far as I know, she has it all," Mia shrugged, "Well, except me."

"What do you mean?" Klaus asked serious.

"It is all very clear to me," Elijah added and looked pointedly at Klaus, "Marcel hates you. Katherine hates you. The witches hate you and they are together. Finishing you gives them all immense satisfaction."

Klaus stood up, "I will have their heads on the wall," he said through clenched teeth and Mia stepped up. "It wouldn't do," she said, "Scaring them, killing them," she looked at Elijah and then back to Klaus, "is not the solution."

"Well, I'd be very interested in your solution, angel," Klaus turned his hard and cold gaze on Mia and instead of being afraid, it gave Mia strength, knowing he would jump in whatever boat she stepped into. "That's not just it," Mia said, "They have Vincent too."

"My father?" Klaus closed his eyes and took a deep breath in. Mia shared a concerned look with Elijah who gave her an affirming nod asking to continue and Mia took a deep breath as she stepped closer to Klaus, "Yes. He's an immortal and has a large army of werewolves at his disposal. Fighting them wouldn't be pretty."

"What does he have against you?" Elijah asked because he never actually knew of their interaction with each other or why they hated each other with such a passion.

"He wanted a cure," Klaus said, "because apparently he loves my mother and wish to be reunited with her."

"Our mother, you mean?" Elijah took a step forward.

"Who wasn't much of a mother, if you ask me," Klaus added with a shrug. He still remembered how she never stood up for him as if he never meant anything to her. Not that he gave a damn anyway. "So, Katerina told him she had a cure if he wished for her. He just had to persuade me to take the all-powerful army in return for not wanting to hurt or hurt Katerina."

"That's it?" Mia asked. The matter she thought was complicated but it wasn't much of a big deal. In fact, it was quite simple and easy. "And you didn't accept the proposal...why?" Mia narrowed her eyes at him

Klaus shrugged, "I don't like him. I don't want my mother to have a happy ever after with him at The Other Side. The miserable they are, the better...for me," he added with a smile, "I don't want to leave Katerina alone. I will torture her till the end of her days."

Mia had to forcefully close her mouth that was hanging open, "That's some serious troubled thinking," she looked at Elijah who had his eyes fixed on Klaus.

"What about the army he was giving you?" Elijah asked, "The loyal werewolves by your side? How did you reject them?"

"Sacrifice," Klaus simply answered, "I was getting my Quarters back. I have enough of followers anyway," he shrugged as he looked at Mia. Mia licked her lips and tilted her head letting a small smile break on her face as she raised her eyes to meet Klaus'.

"What?" he questioned knowing the smile held some meaning. Elijah stepped forward sharing a look with Klaus as he raised his brows at Mia, "Care to share, Mia?" he asked and Mia's smile grew bigger.

"Well," she started bending her leg as she stretched open her arms, "Vincent needs to die," she paused and corrected herself, "wants to die and Katherine has the cure. If we get that cure from her somehow," she shrugged, "We get Vincent on our side. We give him the cure, let him die, take his army and I must add," she raised her finger, "Loyal. Army," she added to Klaus with a smile, "then, fight Marcel and his minions together."

Elijah looked from Mia to Klaus who gave him a nod, "Sounds good but how do we get the cure?" Elijah asked and Mia turned her gaze towards the ceiling.

"What's up there?" Klaus asked confused.

"Maya," Mia replied, "She was pretending to be me back in the quarters. Elijah figured it out and brought her here. Awesome, isn't it?" she flashed her brows and Klaus smirked at her unsure of this thing. "You think she'll talk?" Klaus asked and Mia turned to him.

"Yes, why not?" she questioned him back. She was selfish, she wouldn't want to die and she was a petty human being who Mia could actually kill in a matter of seconds. "No reason," Klaus said, "If she's anything like Katherine which I'm sure she is...there's no way you're getting anything out of her."

"Oh, I'll deal with her," Mia said as she started to move but Elijah stopped her. "I'll see to her myself. No need to go all berserk on her. She's terrified already," he said and Mia felt an immense amount of pleasure. "Good for her," she said and Klaus chuckled.

"You're not exactly the same angel I met last year, are you?" he asked, "You've definitely changed, for better or worse, I can't say but you have much bitterness in you now."

Mia listened quietly to him and realized how true his words actually were, not that she hadn't thought about it before. Ever since she came back here, it was like someone was sucking the good out of her and as much as she wanted to put the blame for her selfishness on someone else, she knew it was all her and there was nothing she could do about it but try to think more before talking or acting upon something.

"I know," Mia said and took a breath, "I-I'm working on it."

"Good," Elijah said as he put his hand on her shoulder, "As long as you're trying," he said and glared at Klaus. "You need to leave now," he said and pointed at Damon, "Take him home...safely and we'll see what to do further ahead with this situation," Elijah suggested and Klaus nodded moving towards the couch where Damon laid.

Mia's eyes followed Klaus and she gulped hard, looking at Damon. She moved towards him. His eyes were close, his lashed casting a shadow on his pale skin, his lips were dry and chapped but Mia didn't care as she placed a gentle kiss on him. "Keep him safe, Klaus," she said, an edge to her voice as she turned to see him, "And if you can, talk to Care," she said and Klaus gave her a single, rigid nod before walking out with Damon.

"Caroline and him, huh?" Elijah asked Mia as he handed her a glass of cold water and Mia greedily accepted it as she took a seat on the couch, folding her leg under her, taking a sip and nodded. "Caroline cares about him...a lot but she wouldn't admit it anytime soon," she smiled, "But he needs to be honest with her if he hopes to win her heart."

"Does he?" Elijah asked intrigued by the topic.

Mia smiled at him, "Yes, I suppose he does but like her, he wouldn't admit it either though I think it's a matter of time."

"Well, he should definitely try to do better if he does want that," he commented and Mia looked at him with accusing eyes making him waver, "What?" he questioned and Mia raised her eyebrows at him pointedly. Not getting the point, Mia twisted to face him.

"You and Hayley?" she said and saw Elijah's guard going all the way up. "What? Don't wanna talk about it?"

Elijah smiled a sad smile and Mia wondered if it was a good idea to approach this subject, "Not exactly," he admitted, "Brother's girl and all," he said surprising Mia who didn't think he would actually talk.

"Does the brother even care?" she asked and Elijah looked straight into her brown eyes as he contemplated the answer. "Doesn't matter," he said, "She's carrying Niklaus' child. It would be wrong and inappropriate..."

"Does she feel the same way?" Mia cut him off and Elijah stopped short. Did she? He had several moments with her where he actually felt that she might feel same way or in the least was attracted to him but he never tried to pursue these thoughts or hung onto it when they held no meaning, when they couldn't get anywhere, couldn't lead him anywhere.

"I don't know," he answered finally, "She might," he said, "But she'll always have a connection with my brother," he said, "and..."

"You know, you don't have to be so noble all the time, Elijah," Mia interrupted him again and Elijah just shook his head at her, "You could steal some kisses now and then," she said and then blushed at her statement.

Elijah's heart blossomed somewhere deep within at her statement and the blush on her cheeks was way too adorable. She amused him, made him think. She was the kind of friend he could use and this statement of her reminded him so much of Rebekah as it was easily something she would've said to him.

"Niklaus was right," he chuckled, "You are very much corrupted," he said and Mia blushed profusely and lowered her eyes. Amused, Elijah put his finger under her chin and forced her to look at him, "Maybe after the birth, huh?" he smiled at her and Mia swat at his arm as she chuckled.

"Yeah," she said and shook her head.

"Thanks though," he said making Mia look at him in confusion, "for being a great friend and helping me keep my family safe," he said and Mia smiled as she held his hand.

"Thank you," she stressed, "For everything that you did for me," she said, "and Damon," she completed. The trust that Elijah saw in her eyes, the warmth, the love made him feel guilty because he wasn't the kind of person who betrayed that level of trust but Cam was right. She had to be kept safe and going through what Cam suggested to him when he called them to tell that Damon and Mia were both out and safe, Elijah closed his eyes.

​"I'll do anything to keep you safe," he said as he opened his eyes and saw her smile and nod at him, "Which is why," he added and Mia looked at him, her brows pinched together, "I'm sorry for this," he said as he put the syringe in her neck.

Mia's eyes widen as she felt the pricking sensation on her neck, her lips parted, letting out a small gasp, "Eli-jah," she croaked out, her hand flying to her neck as she covered it, betrayal burning deep within her. "Why? Why would you do that?" she felt the tears build up in her eyes.

Elijah put his hand on her back to stabilize her, to help her from falling back. "New Orleans is not safe for you, Mia and you need safe. Believe me, you want that," he said thinking of how he tried to persuade her but she didn't once paid any heed to her words which was why he was forced to do this.

She'll get over this, he was sure of it. She will or at least he hoped she would. "She's gonna wake up angry," Cam said as he entered the building.
"Well, she wouldn't get up wanting to kill you," Elijah said as he gathered Mia into his arms and stood up with her. "You have no idea about her that way," Cam smiled, "Trust me, she'll want to kill me," he shrugged, "but this was important," he sighed and tried to take Mia from Elijah who shook his head and nodded towards the door asking him to lead the way.

"What was her plan about the war?" Cam asked curious but Elijah pursed his lips together. "Nothing much. I'll get to it myself. You just keep her safe until it's time for us to do something," Elijah said as he laid Mia on passenger seat and leaned the seat back.

"I will," Cam said and gave Elijah a nod as he went up to the driver's seat and closed the door. He wasn't a big fan of this way either but this was something he had to do and he had to plan of what to do with all those people trying to kill her or use her. As much as she tried, he knew she still wasn't ready, her powers, strengths were all over the place and she had to learn to control them first if that was an option and he hoped to hell it was.