‹ Prequel: The Devil's Angel
Status: Hope you guys enjoy. Feedback will be appreciated. :)

Forever; The Devil's Angel

Curses and Truth

His mind was running in a thousand different directions, each thought pushing and pulling, coaxing its way through the answer until they all exploded with a loud bang and he could swear he never felt that lonely before. Moving thoughts, running mind was after all a sign of life and as much as he wanted the voices to give him space, he couldn't handle the silence. It was deafening and it was painful.

Mia was right. It was time they got answers and then the faces that flew by behind the curtain of his eyes haunted him, the faces that were somehow all linked together...Mia's, Maya's, Katherine's, Fiorella's...all of them and he could only imagine the shattered expression on them because he knew after the truth comes out, that's the look that he would see there...on all those pretty faces and he couldn't put in writing how he felt about that.

"Oh! No, no, no!" Fiorella said quickly as she wiped the tears on her cheeks and turned away from Antonio to face Damon, "Not Katherine. It was someone else," she said as she put her finger to her chin as if trying to remember the name. She had put the past away and tried to forget it all. She didn't know that door would open again but that's what life was. "Uh, it was Isobel," she revealed.

Damon felt the ground shake beneath his feet. Katherine, he could believe though that it wouldn't and didn't make any sense but that's who Katherine was...manipulative and selfish and an evil slut but Isobel? He couldn't peg her that type of a woman but then again he knew he shouldn't be surprised. She was Katherine's student after all and she learned from the best.

Damon shook his head and asked the question just to be sure, "So, Maya is Isobel's daughter and not Katherine's?" His voice was skeptical despite his belief. His brows were arched as his eyes flickered to Annalisa for a second and he saw her wrecked form as if she was the one cheated upon but he understood her. His world was not the only one changing at that moment. Hers was also turning upside down.

Fiorella sniffed, "Yes," She whispered almost lost in her thoughts. Damon didn't remember any acknowledging on his part whether he nodded or said something. All he could see was the walls caving in and the truth unfolding itself and he could only imagine what Mia would feel about this and his heart pinched at the thought. She had already been through a lot and now this?

Elena's Isobel was now Maya's Isobel and that was the simplicity of it all. Elena through some twisted fate was Mia's sister and they were both Maya's sisters, the common conjecture where they all joined each other, woven into a relation that went far beyond than what they had with each other right now.

Damon shook his head as the pieces of the puzzle fought to come together, completing the picture. Antonio was Mia's father who was also Maya's father and Isobel was Elena's mother who was also Maya's mother. It was actually a wonder of its own kind to see how just two people could mess up the lives of all the people connecting with them.

"I'm an idiot," Fiorella said as she entered another one of her anger fits but instead of shouting at Antonio for what he did, she spoke in a soft, broken whisper which reminded of Damon of the time when Mia was totally shattered and he moved towards her because he couldn't ignore the emotion behind that voice.

"First, I cried like a fool that one of my daughters had died because I wasn't strong enough and then I fooled myself that somehow bringing one daughter in the world instead of usual twins, mine was something special," she was saying something when Damon sighed and cut her off.

"Your daughter is special," he stressed the sentence for he believed in every word of that and wanted her to do the same, to believe without a doubt of how special Mia was, "She's always been, Fiorella but right now, she needs us," he took a deep breath, "She needs you. She needs her mother and I," he paused, "I need you tell me something," he looked expectedly at her.

Fiorella went to sit on the couch as she sniffled and dried her eyes with the tissue paper that Annalisa handed her over, "What?" she croaked out and then cleared her throat, "What do you want to know?" She asked.

Before putting in the question, Damon looked at Annalisa, gauging if it was alright for him to speak. Annalisa gave him a smile, thanking him silently for him being so considerate as she held Fiorella's hand and Damon gave her a nod. He tried to pin one question but with a swarm swimming in his head, he blurted out the first thing that came to him, "What's the deal with this twin thing, anyway?" he asked, not completely aware of the seriousness and complications of that question.

Fiorella was taken aback with the question and she narrowed her eyes on Damon. That was not such an important lifesaving question that was going to help the Mia girl. She shook her head, she was not just a girl. This Mia was her daughter, her real daughter and not the fake one she has been living with and known most of her life.

Pulling her head from all the thoughts, she turned to look at the man sitting on his knees in front of her, his hand resting on the armrest of the couch that she sat on, his eyes sparkling with interest but she saw a ghost of pain and confusion on his face and she wondered the reason for it.. She wanted to ask him that. There was something about that look that made her want to trust him, his blue eyes were glassy and liquid at the same time. She scoffed at herself. Trust? She didn't even knew what it meant?

She was cheated on by the man she loved the most, the one she thought returned all her sentiments with the same burning passion but he hadn't hesitated in breaking the very trust she had given him with her heart but she had to get closer to her daughter, her real daughter, who according to this pained yet beautiful man needed her.

"What do you know about Ariel?" she asked.

"You're going to tell him?" Antonio's voice blared in the room as he turned away from the book shelf he had his eyes fixed on and faced her, "Do we even know who is? I don't trust him," he said, his cold glare on Damon as he put forth his question to Fiorella.

"Oh! You want to talk about trust?" Fiorella boomed but she didn't move an inch and drew in a shaky breath. She was surprised herself that she was capable of using that tone. She closed her eyes and bit her lower lip that was trembling now. "I don't know who you are anymore either," she stated simply and Damon closed his eyes. He didn't want to be between them or sit between them while they hashed it out.

"Ella, I told you about it," Antonio moved towards her, "I told you, I was sidetracked and foolish and made a mistake. I apologized. You forgave me," he said with a hint of every negative emotion in his voice and Damon related with him as he realized the scene in front of him. That was his future. That was what he was going to sound like when he would apologize to Mia.

He turned to look at Fiorella, her arms crossed on her chest, the crease between her flashy green eyes. Yeah, that was what Mia was gonna look like. Mad, hurt and hating him but he saw the that something floating in her eyes that told him that Antonio might still have a chance and he wished that small look would also appear in Mia's eyes and she would find in her heart to forgive him.

"You told me that, yes. You told me that it was a short affair that meant nothing and you were sorry and you didn't love her but you also said that nothing happened. You assured me nothing happened," she said, "and now I find she has a daughter," she paused, "with you."

Damon could clearly hear the disgust in her voice, "Had," Damon interfered as he raised his eyes to Fiorella, "Isobel died a few years ago," he said and Fiorella's brow shot up.

"You know her?" She asked and then corrected herself, "You knew her?" she asked, shock written all over her face.

Damon sighed wondering if he should provide that part of the truth. "Yes, she was Elena's mother," he said.

"Elena?" Annalisa spoke up.

"She's uh, Stefan’s girlfriend," he said and shrugged his shoulder when Annalisa raised her perfectly arched brow and cocked her head at the side, "Stefan's uh, my brother," he said and tilted his head thinking of how crazy it actually sounded.

Annalisa's eyes bulged out as she considered his words, "Wow," she said, "That's not messed up at all," she snorted and earned a glare from Damon. As if he didn't realized the mess of the whole situation he was in and to speak, this was his life.

"Do you see, Anton?" Fiorella started, ""You see how complicated that is? The brothers are in love with the sisters and the girls might know each other but not know each other at all," she ended her sentence at a loud and bitter note and Antonio sighed as he rubbed at his temples. He had no idea. What could he say? What could he do? How in the hell did this happened? If that really was the truth, how come Isobel never sought him out? Could she be that much of a selfish person? Selfish? Wasn't he the one who left? He groaned at the frustration his thought presented. He wished he could rewind the day and go back to the normal, peaceful life.

"They do know each other," Damon said and swept his hand in air, "They are good friends. Mia and Elena," he shrugged his shoulders but scrunched up his nose, "Them and Maya, however...not so much," he said unaware of the unexpected alliance of them and Maya in New Orleans at the very moment.

"You know..." Fiorella started but Damon cut her off because he couldn't seriously stand there and listen to them fighting and arguing, taunting each other at the smallest of things.

"The twins? Fiorella," he said and grew conscious of his own words." He cleared his throat, his fisted hand on his mouth, "Can I call you, uh, Fiorella?" He asked hesitantly and wasn't surprised when her crystal green eyes flew to Antonio as she narrowed them.

"Sure," she said, "I wouldn't mind Ella either," she said, a small wicked smile forming at her lips.

"You don't let anyone call you Ella except uncle," the words left Annalisa's mouth before she could stop them and she closed her eyes, her head shaking.

"It's ok, my rose," Antonio told her in a lowered voice, "She's trying to get at me," he said and Fiorella snapped at him.

"I couldn't care any less about you," she said with an air of dignity around her, her shoulders stiff, her neck high and rigid. They stood there starring in a staring competition and Damon felt he was witnessing a teenager drama in a real life, only the teenagers were replaced with adults who seemed so much mature when he first met them.

Fiorella straightened up and turned towards Damon, "Alright," she said to gather his attention and it didn't took a second long for Damon to face her, "Ariel was the original angel," she started and Damon nodded knowing all the basic knowledge.

"I know," he said, "She came here, fell for Silas, refused to go back. Then defied Heavens, got kicked out, found Henry, pissed off Silas," he summarized the whole story and looked expectedly at Fiorella silently waiting for her to acknowledge the truth in his story.

Annalisa raised her brows at Damon, "Someone took their history class seriously," she scoffed and Antonio snorted at her but his eyes were fixed on Damon.

"They don't teach that history in schools," he said, "Just this house," he gestured toward the walls of the room they were all standing in. He took a step forward, "Angel told you this herself?" he asked.

Damon kept his eyes on the Antonio, refusing to back down from his cold glare, "Mia did," he said in a firm voice. After a few silent moments, Fiorella chuckled and Antonio gave him a nod. Damon's heart soared. Yes, he was believing him. It was about time.

"So," Fiorella said in an amused tone, "You are right," she said, "She had a daughter with Henry and she was afraid that Qetsiyah would hurt her daughter to get back at her because Silas was obsessed with Ariel. They had already made attempts on Henry's life and she was scared," he eyes lowered shielding themselves from Damon which put him on the edge, "She did it to protect her daughter. They did it to protect..."

"What did they do?" Now, Damon was awfully curious shifting on his feet.

"She, uh," Fiorella hesitated and she met Antonio's glance but he kept quiet and she sighed.

"She what, Fiorella?" Damon asked again, "What did she do?"

Seeing that Fiorella couldn't speak up, Antonio moved a step and sighed, "She dug up a baby's grave," he jumped in with a serious, stern voice and Damon turned on his heel to look at him.

"What?" Annalisa exclaimed upon hearing that, her heart flying to her chest, "Why?" she asked suddenly disgusted by the thought of digging up somebody's grave.

"She took out the dead body of that child and Henry cast a spell so that she would wake up looking like an exact replica of their daughter," Antonio explained in a flat voice and Annalisa made a gagging sound. Damon felt the chills running through him as he shivered them off and fisted his hands. What was going on in this world?

"Then what?" Damon asked though a part of him didn't want to hear such a story but that somehow explained the twin thing and the curse they talked about it.

"She hid her daughter and when Qetsiyah finally came for revenge," Antonio took a deep breath, "She killed the fake daughter of hers and the real one survived," he finished with a sigh.

"That," Annalisa said, "is sick." She shook her head and waved her hand, "And why wasn't that a part of our history lesson?"

"We glorify our family, Anna," Antonio said referring to Annalisa's question, "We hide the faults," he simply said.

"It's still very disturbing," Annalisa said and Damon swallowed.

"No wonder she was cursed to doom," Damon jerked his head, his tone bitter, "And how easily she expected Mia to save her and," he was almost talking to himself now, "And she did. My angel did save her."

"Well, she also cursed us," Antonio said and Damon finally stood up from the floor.

"You?" he asked, already understanding the little part of it.

Fiorella shuffled in her seat and stood up, discomfort rolling in her, "That's the twin thing," she said, "We, in this family have twin daughters every time. I was one too," she said, sadness creeping in her voice. Antonio wanted to rush to her but he stayed put. If he were to make a move, she would start with whole him and Isobel thing, not something he was looking forward to but he knew he would have to try a lot harder and apologize a whole lot for that.

"You have a twin sister?" Damon furrowed his eyebrows and saw Annalisa who was looking at him with tears brimming in her eyes resting on her lower lids, ready to drop at any moment.

"My," she drew in a shaky breath, "My mom and Fiorella were sisters," she said.

"I'm sorry. Were? I thought..." Damon said as he went to put his arm around Annalisa's shoulders.

"She died after Maya was born," Fiorella spoke, "It's always like that. The part of the curse is that only one of the sisters survive...the other dies."

"So," Damon dragged out the word, "The scary mother you said..." he pointed to Annalisa who shrugged.

"Stepmom," she told him and Damon nodded in understanding.

"I'm sorry," he said, "I really am," he was sincere in expressing his sentiments but his mind was running somewhere else. Mia and Maya were twins. They were sisters. What did this curse meant for them? What was the criteria for this whole thing? Which sister was to die?

"At first, I thought that the curse was somehow broken when Maya was born alone," Fiorella said, "But now, I think that," she took a heavy pause, "She has a twin now. This Mia you talk about..." she was saying but Damon cut her off.

He just had to know, "Is she going to be safe? Mia? I mean, how do you determine which sister is to be," he didn't want to say the word. Somehow, it felt wrong to use that. Damon just lifted his shoulder, pursing his lips showing his hesitance.

"You say Mia is our real daughter?" Antonio stepped forward and Damon nodded confidently. "Well, if she is the real Markowitz and not Maya then we don't have anything to fear, right?" his eyes travelled to Fiorella who looked at him with coldness in her eyes but then let go with a heavy sigh as if she was burdened already to hold anything against him. It wasn't that she forgave him. She wasn't sure she could but for now with all the new knowledge clamping her mind, she wanted to let go of her own personal issues to focus more on the daughter she never knew.

"Well, he did say that she's an angel already now," Fiorella said her head jerking towards Damon's direction but her eyes remained on Antonio, "I don't think there's anything to be worried about in that case," she smiled hoping that she was right, that they were all right and that she would be fine, "Except for if she makes some kind of grave mistake like Ariel did," she shrugged casually not thinking of it as much of a big deal but Damon stiffened in his spot.

"What happens if she does..." Damon asked and couldn't recognize his own voice. The fear clogged in his voice made it sound hoarse and crackly.

Antonio was quick to reply, "Well, of course she would be punished like Ariel and the powers will transfer to her twin..."

"Which in this case is Maya," Annalisa said disgusted and Damon dropped his arm from her shoulder as he stepped back.

There it was, the one thing he dreaded the most, the one word that he dreaded the most. Death. He lived in a world that was uncertain, death was always around the corner but he had never feared for anyone the way he feared for Mia. He had his heart broken so many times, had lost people so many times. He knew the feeling. He knew what it felt like, being alone, rejected, broken but of all the reasons to lose someone, death was somehow the worse one because it marked the end, it was the epic finale of a drama called life. Because after death, he couldn't secretly watch the person lost or talk or admire them from far away, see the smile on their faces and realize that they were better off without him in their life. In all simple words, he couldn't get a second chance and that really was the worst part.

Annalisa put her hand on his shoulder, "Are-Are you ok?" she asked but Damon jerked her hand away, his eyes wide, his heart stalling in his chest. He ran his almost trembling fingers through his hair. He had known it already, he knew it. It was what Cam had been telling him from the start. It was the reason he had broken up with Mia, to give her space. It was the reason he hadn't yet told her the truth because saying it out loud meant it was real, it meant it was the truth and he wasn't ready to accept it. Sometimes, heart needs more time to accept things that the mind already knows and though he knew it was somehow inevitable, he was still looking for a loophole, anything to help Mia.

A mistake like Ariel's? He scoffed. Oh, yeah. Been there, done that. Mia was pregnant already, and he was hiding her already but how long could he hide her? How long could he protect her? The rules were written long time ago and he was trying to sidestep them but now, he wasn't sure. One day, they were going to find out and they were gonna take her away from him like so many other people that were taken away from him.

"Damon?" Annalisa called for him again but he couldn't hear. His eyes were losing the focus, his body losing strength and he felt the old wall creeping up around his heart sealing it tight, shielding it from further pain and agony. He was losing his mind, he was sure. Inevitable. Death was inevitable. She was going to die. He was going to lose her. She hated him. She was never going to forgive him. He was not losing her, he was losing his child too. Everything. Every miracle, every hope, every moment of joy. Everything.

He clenched his eyes shut trying to stop the venomous thoughts from killing his mind but he lost that fight. Damon let out a growl and Annalisa stepped back several feet, her heart racing with fear as Damon grabbed the book shelf near him, his knuckles turning white as he hit his head against it. "Oh God!" Annalisa exclaimed as she took in the scene in front of her and Antonio stepped in front of her and Fiorella, somehow trying to protect them from the man who was clearly losing his mind in their library.

Damon held the shelf so tight, the pieces of wood came off piercing his skin making them bleed. "Oh lord," Fiorella gasped, "Anton, he's bleeding," she said and Antonio stared at her. What was he to do? He couldn't even comprehend what was happening to him? Was it an episode or something and was going to be over in a few minutes? Or was he really some kind of mental patient in his house? He knew they shouldn't have trusted that guy.

Damon swept his hand on the shelf, throwing the whole collection of books to tumble down to floor with a loud thud voice, his blood smudging on the furniture. "Why?" He screamed, "Why?" and Annalisa flinched and Fiorella held her hand.

Antonio took a deep breath and put his hand on Damon's shoulder who jerked it away, "Let me help you," Antonio said and Damon growled at him, his back towards Antonio who tried once more as he patted him on back, "Whatever it is, son. Let it go," he said, "Talk about it," he shrugged trying to keep the conversation casual though there was nothing casual about it.

"I can't," Damon croaked, "I can't freakin’ do it," He shouted. "Always. Always like this," he mumbled the words to himself.

"You can tell me," Antonio pleaded while the girls looked at them with widened eyes.

"I can't!" Damon growled as he whipped around to face Antonio, threatening him to leave him alone. Seeing the face in front of him, Antonio almost flew away. Annalisa let out a scream and Fiorella gasped aloud. His eyes were black, his skin veined, the fangs protruding from his mouth. The image was disturbing to all but Fiorella still managed to see beauty in it. She wasn't sure of what it meant for any of them but she had never seen anything like it and like her, Antonio was intrigued.

"It can't be," Antonio said and Damon suddenly eased hearing the calmness in his voice, the burning curiosity reflecting in his deep brown eyes reminded him of Mia and the crack in his heart grew. "Vamp..." he struggled to say as his index finger kept bouncing in front of Damon, "You're a vampire," he finally stated.

"Now, you know not to piss me off," Damon replied curtly and Fiorella saw a completely different man. Instead of the flustered but gentle and understanding Damon she knew from just moments before, the man standing in front of her presented a different image but she knew she was herself insane when this image made her care for him more as her heart reached out to him.

"What tipped you off, Damon?" She asked calmly taking a step forward but Antonio held her upper arm asking her silently to not go close to him. "You were fine before but," she paused, "What changed?" She asked him.

Damon took her in, her patience, her understanding. Ugh, Mia. Everywhere he looked, her face was the only one he saw, her soul and spirit. "Nothing," he shrugged to her, "That's the problem. Nothing changed," he paused to take a breath and looked around in the room, "Have something to drink?" he asked particularly no one as he started to go out the door.

"Damon, wait," Annalisa finally moved and found herself walking to him, "We don't have anything here," she hesitated a moment, "We don't drink. Much."

Damon let out a choked laugh and rolled his eyes, "Figures," he said realizing Mia never liked to drink either. Yeah, definitely same genes.

"Are you alright?" This was Antonio who was feeling way too awkward at this point.

"Yeah," Damon smirked, "Dandy," he replied as he turned back to the door but Fiorella put her arm on the door frame and blocked his pathway.

"You are going to tell me what happened!" She demanded in a stern voice yet he couldn't help but hear the motherly tone it had. He was really doomed, wasn't he?

"I need a bottle," he said simply, ignoring her demand.

"A drinker, huh?" she asked, disappointment oozing out of her voice and Damon felt a small panic attack. No, no. He didn't want this. He didn't want to disappoint Mia's parents. He wanted to be better, do better but his world was crumbling. How in the hell was he supposed to hold it together? Yeah, it was impossible. Pretty much, impossible.

"Shouldn't be much of a shocker," Damon replied, "You pegged me as a bad boy before. Gotta say though, I am impressed," he smiled but it held a hint of mischief in it which made Fiorella actually question him. He hadn't a drink yet. He was just upset and seemed like a different person. How were they going to handle him if he downed a whole bottle?

"Alright," Fiorella sighed, "So, there's no saving you..." she was saying.

"Oh, believe me," Damon snorted, "I'm beyond saving," he said, "Especially after her," he let out an uneven breath.

"Mia?" Fiorella asked, her eyes warming up and Damon averted his gaze as soon as he saw that look. She was warming to Mia already and she hadn't even met her. What would she do when he tell her that Mia was going to die soon because he couldn't keep his hands to himself whenever she was near and it was his fault that she had made the same mistake that Ariel had. She had fallen for a human, she had rejected the Heavens once and now, she was going to have a baby. Yep, all his fault. He never should've gotten involved. He knew his history. He had an awful track record. He never fixed anything, it wasn't in his nature. He wasn't the savior his mother made him out to be. He was the exact opposite, he brought conflict to peace, hate to love, lies to the honesty, dark to the light, death to the immortal. He ruined things. He was a sinner and an overall bad person.

"I ruined her," he whispered brokenly as the realization of all his thoughts hit him hard, "I ruined everything."

"What did you do, Damon?" Fiorella asked calmly, "It can't be that bad, you..."

"I can't tell," he stressed the words trying to convey his desperation. He wanted to say so much. He wanted to run directly and tell Mia the truth right that second and hold her in his arms and not let go of her until she was snatched because it was inevitable. Death was inevitable, he told himself over and over again but he could maybe, prolong it by staying quiet so that the whisperers wouldn't know. They couldn't know but "They'll know," he said, "They'll know."

"Who are you scared of?" Fiorella asked in the same motherly voice she had been using on him before, "Who are they, Damon?"

"If I name it, don't you think they would figure out the truth and..." And kill her, he thought but he couldn't speak the words because they'll know that whatever it was, it was a crime punishable by death.

"There's just us," Fiorella said, "You can trust us. We trusted you, didn't we?" she questioned, asking him to extend them the same courtesy.

"We're never alone," Damon said, "There are always those forces..."

"Are you...are you afraid of the whisperers?" Antonio asked. That was the only thing he could make out of from the vague description Damon was giving. What else could he be afraid of?

"Shut up!" Damon shouted as he whirled on his heels to land a punch on Antonio but stopped just inches from his face. Hitting her father? No, not a good thing. Not a good idea but if he gave something away and jeopardize Mia's future, he wouldn't hesitate to rip him open. Antonio stared at Damon and his fist with wide, shocked eyes but the anger that bubbled up in him died when he saw the broken look in Damon's eyes, the vulnerability floating in there.

"They can't hear," Antonio said, "If that's what you're afraid of," he said as he pointed to the single, small, blue thing hanging on the front wall of the room, "It's the umm," he cleared his throat as he distanced himself from Damon, "It keeps away the whisperers," he said, "So, there’s just us here."

Damon fixed his eyes on the hanging object. It was deep navy blue circle surrounded by a white and then lighter blue circle with the deep blue in the middle shaped like an eye. "What is it?" he asked.

"It's sort of an amulet charmed by the witches to keep the whisperers away," Antonio explained.

"So, it's just us, you know," Fiorella interfered, hoping that Damon would talk now, "We don't like our privacy invaded especially with those little creatures," she said and Damon gave her a slow nod but his eyes were still glued there, "Talk to us, Damon. What happened?"

Annalisa, who stood there quietly watching everything saw that Damon didn't trust them. He probably thought that they were making it up just so they will get the truth out of him but being the ever observant, she knew what the problem was. She knew that Damon had to tell them but she couldn't hold it in. She took a deep breath, "She's done it already, hasn't she?" she asked and Damon's eyes snapped to hers along with other two very curious pair of eyes.

Damon stayed quiet, watching Annalisa quietly still thinking about that amulet. If it really worked, then he had to get one and tell Mia the truth without fear of being caught. She needed to know the truth. It had been long enough.

"What?" Fiorella asked Annalisa.

"She has made the same mistake as Ariel's, hasn't she?" She questioned him in a low voice and Damon felt frozen again but this time, Antonio and Fiorella both joined him in their shock. Fiorella thought she was going to pass out. She hadn't even met her yet. She didn't even knew her and her daughter was written off to die already? What had she done? Has she betrayed Heavens? Did she she not know what happened to Ariel? How could she do that?

"How could she?" Fiorella voiced her thoughts, "She knew about Ariel and her story. She knew it was a mistake..."

Damon closed his eyes and felt regret and sadness, ultimate dismay and agony. "She doesn't know," he simply stated though getting those words out was real difficult for him, "She's not a complete human, so she doesn't know. Her body heals before she shows any symptoms," he explained.

"But what is the problem?" Antonio asked, "Maybe, we can fix it..."

"You can't," Damon said as he shook his head, "except if you take her for abortion," he said with disgust and scrunched his nose.

"No way," Fiorella gasped, "How...How can that happen? Oh my God," she was saying and Annalisa looked pretty much like Damon thought he was looking like and Antonio was quiet, shell shocked maybe.

"They will kill her," Antonio whispered to himself and Damon blew off.

"Don't you think I know that?" Damon shouted the words at him, "Don't you see that I know it?" He waved his hand and lifted his right shoulder, "Now, she's going to die and her powers are gonna go to Maya bitch. She's taken everything from her already and now, she..." Damon fisted his hair in his hand and tugged at them forcefully. People sucked and their games sucked. Life sucked. This world sucked.

Fiorella started another fresh round of crying but this time Antonio joined her as he put his arms around her and she buried her face in the crook of his neck. Annalisa went to hug her uncle and aunt both but then made her way to Damon and gave him a rigid hug because he never returned her hug but he appreciated it very much, "Let's get you a bottle," she said as she took his hand and dragged him out but she didn't have to drag much when he easily started to move. "At this rate, we both might need a whole bar at our place," she tried to make a joke but nobody reacted to it and she hung her head, "Come on," she said.

"Damon," Fiorella called him from the couch, her voice clogged with crying and he stopped to look at her, "Come back quick," she said and Damon almost stomped his feet on the ground. Almost. It was frustrating and he was also exhausted and feeling everything at double the magnitude.

"I don't..." He started to tell her that it wasn't such a good idea that he should come back but Antonio spoke up for his wife who had started to cry again.

"We need to meet Mia soon," He said, "After drowning your sorrows, you come back here. We'd all go to the Falls place you mentioned together," he said. His voice was stable but there was still a crack there that Damon could hear and it did nothing to ease him off.

"Seems like a plan," Damon shrugged after giving it a moment’s thought. It couldn't hurt anyone and this was the reason he came here anyway. "Do pack the eye," Damon pointed to the blue amulet on the wall. Hearing that, Fiorella let out a whimper and Antonio tended her as soon as the voice broke out her lips. It was at that moment that Damon realized that he was not alone in his misery. Maybe, the intensity was more but they all understood the pain that he felt and somewhere in his clouded mind, he found comfort in that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Iridescent - Linkin Park