‹ Prequel: The Devil's Angel
Status: Hope you guys enjoy. Feedback will be appreciated. :)

Forever; The Devil's Angel

Solacing Lost...

The big rain drops patted against the windshield as Elena drove on a much familiar path now. "I'm exhausted," she said and looked over at Mia who had her head in her hands, her elbows resting on her thighs, "It's weird though. Vampires aren't supposed to get tired," she lifted her shoulder and cocked her eyebrow in a question.
Mia smiled, "Well, vampires aren't supposed to pass out either," Mia joked, "You're living on the edge, Elena. Doing the impossible," her teasing tone was hiding all the anxiety she was feeling but she knew she didn't have to hide it. Elena was probably feeling the same way.
"I'm just gonna hit the bed and not wake up for like two days," Elena said, her fingers drumming on the steering wheel as she flicked the lever to turn on the wiper to clear away the water from the screen.

"And have Stefan kill me," Mia exclaimed, "Please," she held up her hand.

"Hey, it was my choice coming with you," Elena countered and took a pause, "I'm glad I did. I wouldn't have believed you otherwise."

Mia gave her a nod and sighed, "I wouldn't have figured how to tell you either. I mean it's some kind of a..."

"Big deal?" Elena raised her eyebrows thinking of how weird it would've been in actual if Mia knocked on her door to inform her that she was her sister by some long distance.

"Hmm," Mia agreed with her, "Couldn't say it better myself," Mia chuckled as they stopped at the red signal and waited their turn out. "Did you talk to Stefan?" Mia asked after a moment.

Elena shrugged, "I called him but didn't say anything about it. It's more of a face to face conversation anyway," she said and Mia gave her a nod, her thoughts muddled by Damon. Leaving Mystic Falls was good and it gave her a lot of answers but the problem with Damon and Cam both was nowhere closer to the end and then it hit her. What if it had ended already? They were all mad at each other. They all hated each other and didn't want to face each other at all or maybe it was just her but still. They lied to her, time and time again. Even if things got better, how was she supposed to forget it? But her life was changing so fast and she didn't have anyone to talk to not that anybody would've mattered that much. She didn't have Damon to talk to and that actually hurt her.

Seeing the perplex ion on Mia's face, Elena sighed, "You know you're gonna have to talk to him, right?" she asked.

"Not necessarily now though," Mia replied in a monotone, "I've got a lot on my plate."

"He'll gladly share the plate," Elena rolled her eyes, "Trust me," she tried to tell her that he cared but Mia wasn't so sure about it.

"Yeah, well, I don't know if I want him to," Mia replied simply and clasped her hands together on her lap and played with her fingers, taking her mind deep into thoughts. "Why did Isobel leave you?" Mia asked.

Elena tensed at the question but she couldn't ignore her inquisition. She wanted to know and Elena could talk although she preferred to stay quiet on this topic, "Uh," she started, "She was sixteen when she had me," she laughed uncomfortably, "Not a very good time for a baby, I guess."

"Oh," Mia said and shook her head, "Umm, why do you think..."

"She left Maya? Or make that kind of mistake again?" Elena asked, her lips pursed.

"Both, I guess," Mia waved her hand.

Elena took a deep breath, "I don't know, Mia, really. I mean you're three years younger than me and Maya's your twin so she's same age as you which means Isobel would've been nineteen at that time and was probably at college."

"She attended college?" Mia was skeptical, "How did she get a break from all her created drama?" Mia said and then clamped her mouth shut as she realized that she was speaking about Elena's mom. "I-I'm sorry," Mia apologized and Elena waved it off with her hand.

"No problem," She said, "We weren't ever close or anything."

Her words did nothing to help Mia as she sat there feeling guilty and bad about her statement. "How did she...you know?" Mia asked thinking that talking about her might help but Elena squirmed in her seat and Mia shook her head, "You know what? We don't have to talk about it. It's alright if..." she was saying but Elena cut her off by answering her question.

"She was compelled by Klaus to betray Katherine, 'own flesh and blood' she said and after doing her dirty work," Elena paused, "She stood under the sun without her protective charm and burnt...in front of me."

Mia stayed silent for a moment as she held Elena's hand and squeezed it telling her silently that it was alright now before pulling it back onto her lap, "Why would Klaus do that?" she asked.

"He wanted to break the curse," She replied with a shrug as she pressed the accelerator, "Hey, I was thinking that it might be the time frame when she met Alaric, you know. At that age, when she was there."

Mia turned in her seat, "Alaric?" She questioned, "As in Damon's Rick?" Mia asked, her brows raised.

Elena chuckled, "Yep, that one or at least that's the only reason I can think of."

"Abandoning a child for a guy?" Mia's voice rang with incredulous tone and Elena shrugged.

"Isobel wasn't exactly a role model of a perfect mother," Elena said.

"But why go for Alaric when she and my father were a 'thing'?" the disgust in her voice at the word, 'thing' was clearly obvious.

"Maybe, that's where Maya was wrong, you know," she started, "Look, we know that your mother didn't kill Isobel...unless she was working with Klaus or something," she waited for Mia's reaction but it never came as she listened intently to everything that Elena had to say, "So, maybe your father spiraled and you know, had a fling with Isobel for a little while but then went back to your mother," Elena summarized her theory and Mia couldn't find much faults with it as she contemplated it and then gave a small nod.

"So, she was bitter and angry but then found Alaric," Mia was saying.

"And gave up Maya," Elena said simply, "thinking that he wouldn't accept her with that much baggage, you know. Maya or...me," Elena said and took a deep breath. No matter how much she convinced herself otherwise, she could feel the stab every time she thought about it.

"That," Mia said, "Actually makes sense," she wiped her hands on her jeans, "but they are still presumptions," she looked at Elena, "I'm sorry," she said again.

Elena stopped the car in front of his house and pulled the keys out of the ignition as she turned to look at Mia and offered her a small smile that didn't reach her eyes, "It's ok," she said, "I'll survive."

"You did so well," Mia chuckled, "Plus, you're back to Stefan now," Mia eyed the Salvatore mansion and ignored the pinch she felt, "He'll take care of you," Mia said in a happily and Elena was touched by the sincerity in her voice.

"Yes," she smiled, "Yes, he will," that she was sure of. "I'm sorry about Damon," Elena started and Mia's breath hitched in her throat but she remained calm, "Whatever he did, you know that it's a Damon thing. He'll come around," she put her hand on Mia's, "He loves you so much," she said, her eyes twinkling and Mia shrugged.

She wanted to believe that, those words but his actions rarely prove the mere 'I love yous' that she kept hearing but now she didn't even hear them anymore. Sad. Mia cleared her throat, "I think," she said, "I think I should find my parents," she said. She have wanted to find them for so long but at that time her life was so complicated, not that it wasn't now but she wasn't going anywhere like the death blade that hung above her head last year. This time, she was free enough to tell them the truth and to get to know them. She was sure they'll be happy to know that she was the guardian angel now. Of course, she couldn't come and meet them all the time but at least she could know them.

"You should," Elena simply said as she turned to open her door and Mia did the same.

"I just don't know where to start," Mia said as she walked around the car and started to move towards the house.

"We'll start somewhere," Elena mused, "Don't worry, we'll find something out," she said as they walked in unison to the front door and Elena put her hand on the knob and paused realizing that though Mia had been here several times, this was the first time that she came around as more than a friend. This time she was a sister.

"Welcome home, sister," Elena said as she opened the door and Mia smiled, both completely unaware of what awaited in the living room inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
My computer was broke which is why I couldn't update. I'm really sorry about that. I know this chapter is like a filler but I promise, I'll update soon this time. Love you all. <3 And thanks for bearing with me. :)