‹ Prequel: The Devil's Angel
Status: Hope you guys enjoy. Feedback will be appreciated. :)

Forever; The Devil's Angel

Warning Letter

"Whatever," Caroline said, "I don't care. I don't even know why I asked."

Klaus chuckled, "Of course, you do. You're a terrible liar, Caroline."

"What I don't get...is why you care so much?" She asked exasperated and by the gleam in his eyes, she knew she had asked the wrong question.

"You know the answer to that," Klaus stated with a frown.

Caroline sighed, "Ok," she agreed, "Just one date," she held her finger up, "Just one and then you'll let me use your house as a party place," she said.

"That was my suggestion all along, love," he smiled, "What's the party for?"

"Oh, nothing. It's summer vacations and we don't have loud get-togethers and I thought this will bring everyone together," she shrugged and Klaus shook his head. Leave it to her for things not being loud enough.

"And why my place, exactly?" he asked taking a step towards her.

"Because...well. Have you seen the place?" she asked and Klaus looked around in a appreciative glance.

"It is fancy, I agree," he remarked.

"Duh," Caroline replied to his statement, "And also because my mom will kill me if I hold a party there and school is closed and Salvatore's place has been our party station for so long. I need a change of scenery," she said as she looked around.

"Who doesn't?" he asked, his eyes on Caroline and she swallowed noticeably making Klaus smirk.

"Well," Caroline cleared her throat as she made her way towards the door. She really had no idea why was she really here unlike Klaus' assumption that she knew the reason behind everything she did. Ok, maybe he was right and she knew the reason but she still wasn't ready to admit it, "I gotta go," she smiled, looking at the reason in front of her.

"I don't bite, love," he smirked. Ah! The way he said love was too much on her poor heart.

"Ha ha," she deadpanned as she opened the door leading herself out when a letter fell from due to opening of it. It must be put between the closed door and it' frame. She bent to pick it up and looked at Klaus curiously, raising her eyebrows. "Letters? What century is it?"

Klaus didn't answer her, his eyes fixated on the piece of paper she held. "Ookay," Caroline said as she unfolded it.

Niklaus,
I hear you have refused Vincent and you have refused me my freedom and in return, I have refused him the cure. Shame on you both. But while you boys sort out your problems, which will surely be difficult as he's your father after all with all stubborn genes, I have one last thing to offer you. I’ve caught wind that there’s a witch in New Orleans called Jane-Anne Deveraux plotting a move against you. Hunt her down. What she has to say will rattle you so deeply to your core that chasing little old me will be the least of your concerns. It’s been a fun five centuries, Klaus, but I’ve worn down too many good heels running from you.
Love...and hate,
Katerina.

Caroline looked at Klaus who had his cold eyes staring at the piece of paper. "Klaus?" she asked, not knowing how to vocal the correct thing to say, a million things running in her mind.

Klaus shook his head as he ripped away the paper from her hands, "I'll see to it, myself," he turned to look at her. "Good bye, Caroline," he said indifferently.

"Klaus, wait," Caroline started, wanting to stop him, to ask him if he was alright though she knew he was far from it but somehow, she wanted to stay with him. She wanted him to tell her what was wrong, to trust her and confide in her. She blinked twice and let out an exasperated sigh when Klaus shut the door at her face.

"Ok," she mumbled as she rubbed her hands together. Shaking her head, she left the door, leaving him alone with his misery as she made her way to Elena. She had to tell them what was going on though it didn't effect anyone of them because it wasn't their problem but man, her heart was beating double time and she was sure she was not fine. She just had to talk to someone.

What was happening to her? She wondered. Since when did she started to care for him?
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's a short one especially after a week of update but I'll update the next one real soon. :)
Don't forget to subscribe/comment/recommend. <3