‹ Prequel: The Devil's Angel
Status: Hope you guys enjoy. Feedback will be appreciated. :)

Forever; The Devil's Angel

...Fire!

The blood pounding in his ear clouded his mind and blurred his vision as he weaved through the curvy pathway onto the main road. The cold dry air and his attempt to pull in the ragged breaths parched his throat dry but he kept running, his feet moving to a rhythm of their own as he saw the church at the corner of the road. Just a little farther, he thought, his eyes roaming his surroundings. It was unreal running in a city like New Orleans. The other wise busy city, full of life was lifeless. The streets were empty and it looked barren, deserted and he thought if somehow humans could feel the doom upon the city that it had them all running.

Cam pushed open the door upon reaching the church, his hands resting on his knees as he took in large gulps of air through mouth. His heart was beating so fast, it was almost excruciating but he had reached them. Seeing Klaus and Elijah before was never that much satisfying but he knew what was stake at this very moment. They were both having some kind of argument which was evident from the scowls on both their faces. Elijah was mad at something, furious even and for the first time in his life, Cam saw Klaus heartbroken, almost hopeless, the guilt etched on his face.

"Camiel," Elijah greeted him in a stiff voice.

"What happened?" Cam asked as his eyes fell on a body in front of him and everything clicked in its place. Cam regretted that he asked this question and was met with a harsh reply from Elijah but the bitterness wasn't directed towards him. It was directed towards Klaus and Cam saw that unlike before, the criticism effected Klaus in some unknown deeper way.

"My brother," Elijah hissed, "Was bested," he shouted the words in his deep voice. He shook his head, "My invincible brother lost at his own game," more than hatred was the disappointment that seeped through his voice.

"The baby?" Cam asked, not sure of what to say but his mind was everywhere, formulating a map, thinking of a strategy, game plan for Mia. Oh, Mia. She was going to blame herself, the realization hit him. Once she found out the truth, the fact that Hayley had died and the baby was gone, Mia would put it all on herself. Regarding to the Mikaelson's family, Mia hadn't quite forgiven herself for Rebekah yet.

"Twins," Klaus whispered, his eyes moving to Hayley's dead body and Cam saw his lips twitch.

"You had twins?" Elijah's was bewildered, his brows raised up as his eyes softened suddenly and he took a step towards Klaus, his hand reaching out to comfort him. When Marcel had come back into his house to see a whole lot of his vampires dead, he somehow lost all the fight he had in himself. It was as if he had accepted his destiny but there was a glint in his eyes that was enough for Elijah to know that he might have some tricks up his sleeves. He had asked him about Klaus and Marcel's reply was edgy when he said that he had left him on the street.

Elijah knew his brother was not the most forgiving person which had him running to find Klaus. Something else must have come up, otherwise, Marcel wouldn't have been standing there alive. He had run from there to look at Hayley in the room upstairs and he felt the ground shake beneath his feet when he didn't see her in the room. She must've left or worse, she was taken. It took him a moment but he knew where Klaus had run off to, the only problem was he didn't know the location and as soon as he found his brother, he was met with the most devastating news.

Hayley's death was such a shock to Elijah's senses that he didn't even contemplated about the babies, how Klaus must've felt because, God, he was there. He saw the whole thing. His brother had seen her die. As angry as he was at Klaus, it evaporated for a moment as he considered all of this. His brother had lost so much and the toll kept on increasing.

Klaus' eyes teared up, his lips trembled for a moment, too small that Cam thought he imagined it, "A girl and a boy," his words came out in a soft whisper, "We have to...save them, Elijah," his voice was so hopeful that Cam was taken aback. How something could make a difference so huge, an impact so large on someone. Elijah wanted to say something but he was sure, he was little short on the words so, he stayed quiet and tried to wrap his head around all of it.

"I know where," Cam said as he started to move out, both the brothers following him, their souls crushed but their hearts beating with hope.

There was a rusty gate that seemed untouched for centuries as Cam walked inside, the place screamed of creepiness but the three made their way along the cobbled pathway. The dark stone erected graves stood at their sides, the moon casting a glow on them that seemed to beckon the dead out into the cold, damp air outside. Even the small patches of grass seemed lifeless, the water droplets resting upon them, the small white flowers that surrounded the graves were the only signs of life that could be seen, the weeds outlining them.

The deafening silence broke when Elijah saw Mia walking the dead grounds, her small hands fisted at her sides and there was a determination in her tread as her head kept moving, looking everywhere. The smell of damp grass, moist air, and the catacombs where the dearly departed now laid rotting was like stench and made her nauseous but she kept on, "The tombs are empty, the grounds are deserted," she threw her hands in exasperation, "She's not here," she said, "They're not here."

Damon was right behind her, "You need to calm down," he said but Mia shook her head.

"If something happened to them because of me," she started but Damon held her fidgeting hands as he made her look at him.

"Nothing is gonna happen to them," he assured her, "You came as soon as you heard," he told her and hoped that everything was fine but the very wish shattered as his eyes fell upon Elijah and Klaus standing there, looking at them. They both looked so distraught that Damon was sure they didn't bore a good news and he let out a sigh. This was not good.

Maybe, he was being selfish but that was nothing new when it came to being Damon. He wanted Mia safe. He wanted his child to be alright. He couldn't care that much about the Originals. It was still eerie to think that they used to consider each other enemies but the dynamics of their relationship had changed so much since Mia had some into their lives, bringing them all together as some kind of family. He knew that Klaus was with them when they took up Silas for a fight. He knew Elijah had helped him and Mia escape the basement which was why he wanted to help them but then...it put Mia in danger and he became selfish all over again.

Following Damon's line of vision, Mia turned a little to the left, her eyes meeting theirs and she sprinted to Elijah, her arms extended forward as she fell into his arms. Elijah held her tight, his arms surrounding her as she buried her face in his neck, "Are you ok?" she asked and he heard the concern in the voice, "Tell me," she said as she opened her eyes and looked at Klaus standing just behind Elijah.

"Klaus," she said when she saw the despair in his eyes and her body froze, her heart stuttered as she slid down Elijah and stood in front of him, "What is it?" her eyes flickered to Cam when they both stayed quiet. She wasn't sure but she knew the oxygen levels had just dropped in the environment because her next breaths didn't come easy.

"Hayley's gone," Cam replied and Mia let out a gasp. Gone where? Certainly not where she thought, her mind argued but she knew the answer. No, no. She wasn't that late, "But the twins are with the witches," he explained, "The witches tend to perform the sacrifice as soon as the morning light breaks through the sky," he told her and Mia gave him a nod, her eyes raising to the sky as she saw the dawn breaking. They were running out of time. She had to do something but before she could figure it out, her body moved at its own will as she went in to hug Klaus and surprisingly, he let her as his arms encircled her.

She wanted to apologize but no words escaped her mouth. Klaus understood her nevertheless as he patted her back, "We're gonna be alright, love," he said and Mia realized that it was the first time he called her that. There was no mocking in his voice, no teasing and taunting and she didn't know how to recognize Klaus without that part of himself.

She knew she couldn't do much. She was already too late but she had to take care of the twins. She had to protect them, "We keep searching then," she said, her eyes meeting all theirs with a fierce look in them and they all nodded, "I've searched the whole grounds," she told them, "There's nobody here," she waved to rows of tombs around her.

"This is the only place they can be," Klaus spoke quickly as he looked around, "Their harvest was here, the reaping was here," he started to move around, circling the graves, their grayish white head stones, "They are about to perform a ritual which will feed their ancestors for centuries," he pointed to the ground, "ancestors who are buried here."

"I just don't want to waste time here," Mia said sure of herself because she had come straight here after the whisperers had told Cam about the Marcel's plan for the night. She knew that Klaus and Elijah would handle themselves, their main concern would have been Hayley and knowing it to be the sacred place for the New Orleans’ witches, Mia had come here, looking for her but she had no idea that that she would've given birth already, somewhere else. Mia didn't know that she would've been this late that Hayley was no more breathing.

She started moving around, her pace fast and rough as she walked around but ended up at the same place again. How could it be? The morning was almost here and they couldn't even find the place where the ritual was to be performed. What if she was late again? What if were unable to save them too? "We can maybe find another way," she said as she looked around, "Maybe, if we just focus hard enough," she was saying when Damon held her by her shoulders, his eyes boring into hers.

"Sit down," he made her sit down on the centuries-old marble tiles, the cold air blowing on her face, "You need your rest if it comes down to some kind of fight," he said, "And stop worrying," he was almost scolding her now, "You know you need your energy," he still hated the thought that her energy was always limited and he had asked Bonnie to do the same spell she had done last time, to link him with Mia so that he could provide her with the energy that was vital for her to fight but Mia had gotten hang of Bonnie before him. She had made her swear that Bonnie wouldn't link with her this time. If she hadn't done that, then maybe his worry level would've been reduced.

"I can't," Mia retaliated, "You know, I can't just sit and wait here," she said, "I need to do something. I've already let her die," she said, her voice thick with guilt. How much more pain were they going to endure because of her? She was the reason their sister was dead. She was the reason Hayley was dead and the twins were about to make the list if she didn't figure out what was going on.

Damon's incredulous eyes went to Elijah, silently asking him to help and he conceded quickly as he sat in front of Mia on his knees, "He's right," Elijah said and Mia shook her head, ready to deny him, "There's the witches, Klaus' father even Marcel on the loose," he said, "You need to think about yourself."

"One thing," Mia said, her teeth clenching hard, "I was given one thing, Elijah," her voice broke, "And I failed," she whimpered, "I failed."

"None of it's your fault," Elijah said as his gaze fluttered towards Klaus, "This, all of this," he pointed to where they were sitting, "this is the world that Niklaus created. All of his scheming, the enemies that he has made every single day of his miserable life. Do you understand me? You're doing a good job, Mia. Don't doubt it especially the way you are right now," she referred to her own state.

"I'm fine," Mia mumbled as Elijah stood back up. Damon gave him a grateful nod but Elijah didn't regard it as his eyes met Klaus ashamed ones.

"I tried," Klaus said in his defense, "They were...just stronger."

Elijah straightened up, his height easily meeting Klaus as he stared directly into his eyes. Anger radiated from him as he cracked his knuckles, "What results did you expect? That your child would be born into a happy life, that the mother would be alive to know her children, that we could live and thrive as some sort of family?" Elijah bellowed.

"That was your fantasy, brother, not mine!" Klaus raised his voice but Elijah cut him off.

"No, brother," he yelled, his voice sure and deep, "This was our hope," he made a point, "This was our family's hope, and now it's gone," he spoke through clenched teeth and Mia stood up, the hair on her arms rising as she witnessed the ever calm and noble Elijah in such an excited state.

"Don't you understand?" Elijah's voice broke, "I let this person in, Niklaus. I let her in," he repeated, "I don't let people in."

"I'm sorry," Mia said as she put her hand on Elijah's shoulder.

"I lost her, Mia," he said defeated and Mia closed her eyes. She had seen him, her...them together. She had even remarked on it, teased Elijah about it. How weird that it had become a memory too soon. "I should've listened you," he said regretfully remembering the time when Mia caught him out on his feelings for Hayley and he rejected them saying that she was carrying his brother's child and even then, Mia had asked him to stop torturing himself, to steal a few kisses now and then.

He wished the time to turn back for now, he was sure he would lure there in the darkness wondering of the torturous 'what ifs'. Mia was silent. What was she supposed to say to him? Told you so. What the hell? "I can't lose you too," Elijah said as all of a sudden he turned towards Mia, looking deep into her chocolate browns, "So, you take care, alright?" he asked her, "Don't break me," he was pleading because he had come to realize that Mia was important to him. She mattered to him more than he let on. She was the best friend, the one he could confide to, the one who got him.

Mia smiled at him, understanding perfectly where he was coming from, "We're gonna find them, Elijah," she said, "and then you can tell them how much you cared for their mother when we save them."

Elijah smiled at her. She was trying to comfort him, he knew that but he felt ashamed to face those children. How could he let it happen to their mother if he cared for her so much? They would just think that he's full of bullshit but he didn't voice his opinions. He cradled Mia's face in his hand, his thumb wiping the tear that dropped from her eye. She was beautiful but her eyes mirrored his expression. He saw guilt floating in them and registered that he didn't want to see it there. That was when he realized why Mia was comforting him with those words. She didn't want him to feel guilty either and his broken heart blossomed somewhere.

Elijah wanted to rail her off that topic but he didn't know what to say. Damon stood there quietly, watching their interaction and Klaus saw his brother sharing his grief with Mia. He wished for someone too. He wanted someone who would tell him that it would be ok, that all was not lost but how he was going to live with himself when his own soul was lost somewhere. His eyes went back to Mia and he saw how good she looked. She didn't look like Hayley in her last days. In fact, he became conscious that she didn't look pregnant at all. Why they all were worried about her then? She was born for this.

"You look exceptionally well," Klaus remarked all of a sudden breaking the silence and Mia was taken aback with his unexpected comment. She looked down at herself and Elijah's gaze followed. "Are you alright?" he quickly asked concerned and Mia shook her head, her hand making a waving motion as to reject the whole notion.

"Yes," she said, "Bonnie put on some illusion to hide it," she said, "from the whisperers," she explained but didn't understood the answer everyone received from her reply. Elijah's eyes widened, Damon gasped from behind and Klaus tilted his head to the side. Mia looked confused between the three of them as her steady look went to them all individually.

Damon quickly turned to Bonnie, "Illusion," he said, his head shaking in disbelief, "To hide it," he repeated Mia's words and Bonnie came forward, her grimoire in her hands as she looked at them standing.

"They have fabricated some kind of illusion," Bonnie said in understanding and Mia let out a gasp as she grasped the ongoing, "You're passing the same thing over and over again, always going in the same direction," she said.

Mia straightened, so did Klaus, "Can you do something, little witch?" Klaus was seething with emotions.

Bonnie gave him a nod as she placed the grimoire down on the nearest grave, the moonlight providing enough light for her to read the spell, "Give me a few minutes," she said as she started flipping the pages, looking for the spell.

"How long?" Mia asked impatient but Bonnie didn't mind her tone as she shrugged. She just had to find it and then perform it. It wouldn't take much long, she knew that and the consequences at her failure were clearly known to her which gave her the resolve to successfully set things right.

Waiting and patience was never Mia's forte yet she remained quiet, hoping Bonnie would show her magic quickly. It felt like hours had passed. Everyone seemed lost in their own thoughts but Mia saw Damon's eyes concentrated on her, watching her like a hawk and she smiled at him or at least she tried. The worry was chewing her inside. She had to help them this time. She didn't want to fail but with every second that ticked by, Mia felt the width of her hope window closing.

Sensing, the uncomfort and how she kept tapping her feet and twitching her fingers, Damon knew she was worried, tensed and tired of waiting. He got up quietly and reached her side as he sat beside her and put his arm around her shoulder. Feeling the warmth and love there, Mia snuggled closer to him, her head resting back on his shoulder as he brought one hand to the front and held hers.

Mia sighed as she watched up at the sky, the first golden ray cutting through the dark, starry sky. She saw how the small ball of fire climbed higher and higher into the sky, slowly casting an orange shadow on everything, illuminating the otherwise dark and dead place, making the dull sky shine, bathing everything in its golden light. The sky became more and more radiant through every second but Mia felt the start of somehow a horrible day in the pit of her stomach and as much as she tried, she couldn't shake the feeling.

"There,” Bonnie exclaimed, her voice jittery as she turned towards Mia.

Mia stood up, taking in a deep breath as she looked at the tombs in front of her moving in that hazy kind of fashion and she realized that they were not the ones in motion. It was thick fog that was lifting, blowing away with the soft, morning breeze, clearing the pathway. Mia wiped the dampness off her face as she smiled in Bonnie's direction, "Thanks," she was grateful for her friend. Her eyes went to the sky that was blue by now but Mia felt that she could actually make it.

Mia took a step forward but Bonnie's voice halted her in her track, "I also did some kind of location spell," she told her, "It wasn't very specific because I didn't have their belongings but it gave me a rough direction," she said as she started to move in the opposite direction. Mia shared a look with Damon and Elijah and they all followed her, their steps hastened, their eyes rushing to take everything in.

"De la cendre à l'os, de la chair à la vie," the chanting was like someone pour hot wax in his ears as Klaus sprinted towards the source of the voice, "From ash to bone, from bone to flesh, from flesh to life," the witches were dressed in white, Davina standing right between them, her eyes closed as she chanted loudly, her head facing the sky.

Davina sensed their presence and wondered how they broke the shield that she had created but then her eyes fell on Mia and the answer seemed clear to her as she shook her head, her eyes venomous but she didn't stop her lips from speaking what the spell needed. The white marble slab in front of Davina held two small cradles and Mia looked hopeful as she dashed towards them.

Davina was ready for the ritual as she picked the small dagger in her hand and raised it right above the cradle, resolution fierce in her eyes. "No!" Mia screamed as she charged towards her, the wailing of the baby crying hitting her ears. Klaus bolted. Elijah hurtled with Cam and Damon, Bonnie right behind them but they were hit, the invisible wall halting their advances. Genevieve's hand was in the air as tornado like wind, pushed them and they all flied back, falling further away from the site.

"You fools," declared Genevieve, "To come against us in our place of power, in our strongest hour," she said and Mia got back on her feet, pain shooting in her but she endured it and made a dash again.

"Stop it!" she ordered.

"You do not face us three," the other witch said, "You face us all."

It was a split second when it all happened. Mia was running when she saw Davina lowering the dagger. She screamed. Elijah cursed. Klaus tore up the steel fence and threw it towards Davina. The crying stopped giving way to a deafening silence.
The pointy edge missed its mark but hit the other witch right in the chest, killing her on spot. Mia knew what had happened but she kept on going. Damon screamed for her to stop but he knew it was effortless. Klaus fell down on his knees, knowing his daughter was dead, sorrow wrecking him. Mia's head turned to look at Damon and their eyes met. He understood what she said as he picked the broken part of fence to try and hit Davina again. They had to weaken the force of all the ancestors protecting the place and the only way to do it was break the defense of the three girls standing in front of them.

The wind pushed Mia again but she let her wings take control as they opened up gracefully. Mia jumped and Damon threw the black, pointy rod. Davina's eyes were stuck on the baby as she raised the knife again but the rod hit Davina at the shoulder, knife sliding out of her hand. Mia was so close to the cradle that her hand touched it but before she could grasp it, the fire erupted in front of her, engulfing her in hot flames and she retreated.

Damon shouted for Mia as the fire burnt her arm and she fell back, guilt filling her pores. She was dead. Klaus' daughter was dead. "Stay put," Damon asked her in a forceful voice but Mia ignored it as she stood up again. Bonnie quickly started chanting, trying to put out the fire and Genevieve went for the dagger. She had to complete the ritual, spill the Mikaelson blood but Elijah was quick as he dashed past Mia, snapped Genevieve's neck and she fell to the ground.

With their ancestral bond broken, it was easy for Mia to break through the invisible barrier as she landed right beside Davina, the air displacing from the force of her wings and the dust flew everywhere inside the tomb. Davina tried as a last attempt to pick the dagger and took a deep breath as she raised her hand, her eyes staring intently at Mia.

There was a power source standing right in front of her and Mia felt its effect deep in her bones. She felt Davina sucking Mia's magic right out of her but the will power that Mia conjured, the images she tried to build up in her mind, the people that had suffered, the people that were still suffering and would suffer in time to come let her stand against that wall. She thought about all the people she loved and the ones who loved her, her best friends, and all the other ones she made along the way including the ones she never gave a chance to befriend like Hayley.

The air swirled around Mia. The monstrous cyclone that stood in front of her whipped in her direction and lifted her off the ground. Her wings fluttered, trying desperately to keep the balance but Mia lost that fight, her head smashing against the wall on her left. Mia cried out in agony but her voice was lost between the gusting, turbulent winds of the cyclone.

For a moment, she felt defeated, the pain flooding her senses but she took a deep breath and stared intently at the violent spin and it remained there, mocking her useless efforts to get up. If the tornado monster could see, Mia was sure that it would've had a smug smile on its face, its eyes would've been sparkling, staring back at her, curious to see what she had in store. Mia finally made her limbs move but the tornado wasn't finished with her as she felt herself flying back at the mercy of the wind, her back hitting the ceiling before she was dropped to the ground.

She heard Davina's voice in the midst of it all. She really was something powerful, Mia thought through her hazy vision and muddled thoughts but she was the guardian, damn it. She had a better control of all those elements but somehow, Mia couldn't find any better opening for herself. She laid there motionless, curled into herself when she heard Damon and Elijah both calling for her, their voices panicked and shrill.

Mia felt the air blowing in her face, so intense that she had difficulty breathing right but she pushed herself through it. She fought the fatigue that threatened her consciousness. She wouldn't let any of them sacrifice themselves for her today. She wouldn't let anyone else be the collateral damage because she wasn't strong enough. Mia ignored the burning in her chest and let the magic in her fizzle and bubble to her skin as she directed it towards both Damon and Elijah, making them fall away from her, away from the battle that was hers.

Her power built itself fiercely in her blood and she rolled over, dodging the oncoming assault of the icy wind that cut through her skin. She pushed her magic against the blizzard that tried best to kill her just for a second, enough to let her stand on her shaky legs. Mia sucked in a sharp breath, a grunt escaping her as the cold air burnt her skin setting it on icy flame and she screamed, loud and desperately, her face lifting to the sky and her wings flapped once pushing the icy splinters away for a moment.

Mia took advantage of that moment as she tried to find her magic again but it felt frozen in her veins. She screamed again but this was pure frustration as she stood straight, her feet apart and she felt the warm magic of hers bubbling up to the surface. Mia caught hold of it, her fists clenching as she built a strong fort of her will for she knew, in the end, it would be the only thing that would make a difference.

Mia stared at the cyclone with curiosity in her eyes but let her magic remain in her, saving it for the one push she knew she needed. Mia shot a small release into the wind and saw her colors merge with the enemy that was this tornado. She let herself hang in there for a moment longer and then just a little bit more longer, every second gathering her strength.

There was a sound from far away and Mia tilted her head to listen to it carefully, trying to figure out the source. Very slowly, the sound became clearer and Mia closed her eyes, her heart automatically calming at the wailing of the baby. Mia exhaled, her arms spreading, her wings stiffening as she released everything that she had and everything that she was into that icy blizzard.

As she fought back, her colors surrounding everything in their heavenly glow, Mia saw the wind as it slowed down its violent spin and started to gather around at her feet. The earth trembled beneath her feet and she felt the heat travelling from inside her. She had this. She could do this, she kept reminding herself. Mia took a tentative step forward as she eyed the dagger that laid there on the ground and Mia forced her magic to bring it to her. It took concentration but she was lost in that feeling of power.

Davina's head was pounding like crazy as if someone was hitting it with a sledge hammer but she tried to stick in there, pouring every bit of her essence in what she knew was the final showdown. Sweat broke through her skin as she concentrated, the power of all she held, felt slipping out her hands and she desperately tried to grasp it within her clutch. Davina swallowed loudly as she took a step forward and felt the warm, liquid trickling down her nose. She was weakening but she had to finish the ritual. She had to do this for her family, if it was the last thing she did. She owed them that.

Mia saw a figure moving and knew it was Davina. With her powers dying out, Mia was sure that she would try to kill the baby, completing her ritual. Instead of letting her field of energy break a havoc on her, Mia let her wings do the work as she lifted herself from the ground and picked the dagger in her hand, the icy air dropping its temperature again as Mia's mind went somewhere else but she had it all under control.

Her eyes were almost glowing as she stood, ready to end the life that had killed an innocent baby that had spent a total of two hours in this world. Mia spread her magic, letting it engulf the tomb as she strode towards Davina. Mia's eyes met hers with equal passion and ferocity, as Mia's magic slammed into Davina's powers. Letting out a breath, Mia waved her hand in the air violently before she brought the blade to Davina's neck and slit her throat, the blood spraying from the deep cut.

The air suddenly died out. There was deadly silence except for Mia's ragged breaths and pounding heart beat but she stood tall and proud, seeing Davina's lifeless body laying at her feet, the blood drenching Mia's feet but she didn't care as she walked towards the marble slab, her gaze transfixed on the cradle that held Klaus' baby boy.

A smile formed on her lips, a moment far too content as she picked him up from the cradle and held it tight to her own chest, a tear escaping the corner of her eye. Damon was the first to reach her as he held her at the waist and hugged her. Mia whimpered at the contact. She was still alive to feel it and that gave her an immense amount of pleasure. Elijah and Klaus joined her quickly and Mia raised her eyes to Klaus. Seeing the tears there pinched her heart but she gave him a smile as she held out her arms, "He's beautiful, Klaus," she whispered tiredly but excitement poured out of her voice.

Klaus stayed quiet but offered her a shy smile as he took his son from her arms. Elijah patted Mia's shoulder, "You were wonderful, Mia," he complimented her, "Majestic creature, aren't you?" he sounded impressed but Mia wasn't sure how to respond as she shrugged her shoulder and put her arms around Damon's neck, her body molding perfectly with his.

"You ok?" he breathed hard and Mia nodded as she inhaled him in, the familiar scent relaxing her senses, balming her wounds. Damon's fingers grazed the clotted blood on her head which she had hit against wall. It was a powerful impact and Damon had felt his world trembling when she fell down with that agonizing scream. His hand went to her abdomen as he felt the life that had come to mean so much to him and he let out a sigh of relief to know that she really was fine. Her already healed head injury was a sign of her being alright, "I'm so proud of you," he kissed her then making her forget the past, torturous moments of her life for as long as it lasted.

"She was a bad person, right?" Mia asked as the guilt started to set in and Damon nodded.

"You know, she's not dead, angel," he said, "You're the guardian and after Agnes, you're the only person that could complete the ritual to bring her back with her other three sacrificed friends," he assured her. Mia sighed, her eyes blinking rapidly as she saw Elijah standing beside his brother, a look of awe and admiration in his eyes as he looked on at the baby. He patted his Klaus' shoulder who snapped out of some reverent thought train and smiled at his brother. He had a boy. He was a father and the words were unreal. If someone would've foretold him about this, he would've laughed at his face but he held the little miracle in his arms and the feeling was exhilarating.

Klaus' saw the look on Elijah's face and offered him to hold the boy even though he didn't want to let go but it was Elijah he was talking about. If anyone, he deserved to hold the child first. Elijah readily took the baby in his hands, "Welcome, little Mikaelson," he greeted the baby as he placed a small kiss on the baby's cheek and Mia felt her heart flutter inside her chest as she relaxed.

Klaus' eyes went to the other cradle that was till there, no sign of life around it, in it and he felt the most heartbreaking pain. He almost dragged his body towards it, his steps were staggered and his hands shook, his lips trembled as his eyes fell on the most angelic beauty lying there, drenched in color red and he growled out his pain, frustration. The grief crippled him as he felt the cloud of heaviness hanging above his head and pressing down upon him, consuming him as he felt his entire being dusted away to nothing.

He was the wrong one. He should've been the one that died, the one that suffered. He was some kind of life sucking monster, killing everyone that was beautiful on this planet. Everyone he cared about was subjected to hurt, pain, loss and he hated himself for it. He was the reason his sister had died because he never cared enough. Hayley was dead because he couldn't keep from dragging her into his worthless life and she had paid the price. He was the reason his baby girl was gone, the reason that he hadn't even seen what color her eyes were. Were they like her mother's or his hollow ones? He shook his head. No way, his daughter had anything like him. She was pure perfection, pure light.

The negative thoughts consumed him and he felt the gaping hole burning inside him, begging to be filled but he knew it would never be fixed. Hatred and fury swelled inside him as he fell on his knees, his hands raised to the sky as he screamed, letting out his emotions, tears streaming down his face but there was nothing he could do. Everyone looked at him with heavy hearts and despair in their souls but none spoke a word. What could they say? How could they possibly make him feel better? They all could see the regret, guilt, sorrow filling his eyes yet they couldn't reach out to comfort him for it was useless, for he wouldn't accept it.

Bonnie came up, a sad smile on her face but before she could say anything, Klaus' body catapulted in the air, hitting the long, marble statue with a force and pieces of it came off with the impact. Elijah was shocked as he saw his brother groaning in pain and held the baby tighter in his grip. He had seen the look on Klaus' face when he had held the little boy in his arms and Elijah didn't want that ray of lightness to be snatched away from them before it could completely eliminate the darkness that resided in his brother.

Mia's hair stood on her arms as she whipped towards Klaus. She felt the danger, another dark force as she ran to Klaus and Damon followed her with Cam right beside them when Mia almost hit the male body standing right in front of her but she came to a sudden halt and Damon balanced her by placing his hands on her back.

Mia found herself staring into brilliant blue eyes, the brassy brown hair set properly with gel. The man looked middle aged with wrinkles around his small eyes, "The far, the better," the man threatened Mia and turned towards Klaus, "Pleasure as always," he greeted and Mia knew who he was. It was unnerving how someone could look at their own blood and flesh with as much disgust as Vincent was looking at Klaus at that very moment.

Mia was tired and had to drag her feet as she took a step forward. The exhaustion and her draining magic was taking its toll on her but she fought against it because she didn't want to appear tired and weak to Vincent but it was very much visible. Her eyes looked sunken on her gaunt face as the lines marking it reflected the hurt on her mind. Damon held her hand and she felt his strength flowing into her, all warm and comfortable and she accepted it gratefully.

"You must be Vincent," Mia said and the he turned to her, amused.

"Angel?" he asked and Mia let out a humorless chuckle as her eyes went to Klaus'. He used to call her angel in that mocking voice, exactly the same one as Vincent had just used, "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'd like a word with my son," he said.

Klaus spit on him, "Rot in hell," he said. It was his fault. He had turned him into a monster, filled his soul with nothing but darkness and he loathed him for even showing his face to him especially at the moment when he was apologizing to his daughter for not being able to save her. He intruded on the worst possible moment and Klaus was never going to forgive him.

"Wrong move," Vincent's voice was sure, "Your friend has already killed my one of my man," he said. When everyone remained quite especially Klaus looking at his father with crossed brows, he continued, "Marcel killed Jock," he explained.

Klaus snorted, "Yes, father," he hissed, "Make a deal with the devil. Wouldn't get you nowhere," he shrugged as he wiped his hands on his black jeans and tried to get up. Instead of honoring him with a question, Vincent made a lunge towards him, tackled him as he twisted his arm around his back.

"I'm not some stupid slave you control, son," he said with difficulty as keeping Klaus there was some kind of a strenuous task.

"You wouldn't last, old man," Klaus said referring to his trembling arms and Vincent let out a howling laughter that bounced off the dark, creepy graves.

"You think I came alone?" he mocked Klaus degrading him in some kind of way as Mia saw small figures approaching through the foggy air and she let out a gasp. Things were about to be ugly and she didn’t know what to do. Damon leaned into her as he whispered her to stay away, to avoid the fight but Mia couldn't stop herself as she ducked suddenly and her wings fortified her as she bathed in her golden white glow.

"You know what the elders say, right?" Mia started. Damon looked at her in horror. The scene seemed way too familiar for his comfort. He remembered the consequences of the last battle they fought but he knew he couldn't do anything about it, "Think before you leap," Mia tilted her head, openly taunting him, "Let him go," she said.

"I can't," Vincent voice showed a hint of terror to it and Mia withdrew strength from it. He had just witnessed her in all her glory, the way she took over the power from Davina and let her die in cold blood. He knew what she was capable of but then his mind turned towards Esther, his immortality and Katherine's promise to him and he decided that he could risk it all with the angel. "He took everything from me. I tried to give him the world but he and his crazy take over plans," he was spatting the words, "He never listens," Vincent complained and thought about he told himself that he wouldn't Klaus if he found any other way.

"You would snatch away a father from the child who just lost his mother?" Mia's voice was sharp but the answer to it was important in her opinion. She wanted to know if he was willing to go that far for revenge from his son to not take into consideration an innocent life, his own grandson.

"He abandoned me," Klaus hissed, "What does he know about being a father?"

Vincent felt ashamed for the very first time and it showed clearly on his face. Mia pointed to Elijah subtly, asking him to take the baby away before any harm came to him. Elijah scurried away before he realized that his brother needed him more than the baby at the moment. He needed his family against his father who abandoned him which was why Elijah rotated on his feet and handed the baby Mikaelson to Cam and Bonnie as he directed them out the place and went in to stand beside Klaus.

"The noble Elijah?" Vincent asked, his eyes shimmering with something, Mia couldn't recognize.

"Klaus' brother," Elijah introduced himself and Klaus' heart soared with pride. This was his family, the one that had risked everything for him, the one who believed in him no matter what and one that he could rely on. This was the moment that he started to see his noble brother in a new light, away from the title of just noble to loyal and most importantly, a brother. A true brother and realization knocked the air right off Klaus' lungs as he saw it.

With Bonnie and Cam gone, Mia came forward to stand with Klaus, Damon and Elijah both right behind her making some kind of triangular formation. Vincent however, wasn't alone as a close to hundred werewolves came to stand behind him. Damon's horror stricken eyes estimated the number and power of these men and he wondered if Mia could take them on. Sure, Elijah and Klaus would fight relentlessly. He wouldn't hold back either but Mia was the one he worried for. They could get hurt but Mia had the most to lose, her powers were already weakened with fighting against Davina, the witch.

Vincent eyed them for a brief moment and Mia saw the exact moment when he decided that he could take these four on. Mia jerked her head. Well, he was in for a surprise. Vincent signaled his men to make a move and they all lunged together, all at once like pack of hungry dogs, their battle cries mingling with each other created a static sound in Mia's ears as she readied herself for the first line up of their army.

Damon suddenly pushed Mia behind him and she snarled at him, "For God's sake, Mia," he glowered at her and she sighed as she saw the deep fear in his eyes. Her heart stuttered as she realized that he was worried for her but she was too, for all of them and fighting them off wasn't their duty, it was hers. Mia straightened up, squared her shoulder and as soon as the wolves got closer to her group, Mia let her magic simmer in her blood, the frenzy feeling making her dizzy with pleasure as she spurted a shot of her power to them and all went flying back.

"No one hurts my people," her voice was tight and Vincent heard her warning loud and clearing. Elijah felt the most sincere admiration for her when she said, 'my people'. It somehow felt good to be thought that way, "I will annihilate you if you hurt any of my friends."

"You're standing on the wrong side, little girl," Vincent's reply was harsh. How could she possibly thought that vampire like Klaus and Elijah were anything good, that they were worth fighting for? They were the very definition of the evil and monstrous, immoral and unethical, the very definition of an abomination and she was taking their side, standing with them, shoulder to shoulder, feet to feet.

"Doing right is never easy," Mia said, "and it sure as hell is never clear but at least, I know where I stand. Where do you stand? What do you stand for?"

Vincent almost howled as her words cut straight through him and he charged towards her. Damon maneuvered Mia out of the way as he took the first punch straight to the face and he roared to life. What kind of beast raise a hand on woman like that? To hit her directly across face? Vincent made a grab for Damon's arm but he quickly feinted to the right, blocking his punch but he was knocked back a few steps. Vincent dipped and came with vicious blow, aiming to take him down. Damon jumped to side but Vincent's elbow slammed his stomach as he grunted and staggered back, gasping for air.

The others seeing their leader jumping into a fight surrounded the three standing in the middle as they all started fist fights, blow after blow coming to hit them but they were most obnoxiously outnumbered and no matter how they dodged and retaliated, it just wasn't enough. Elijah felt the wind of the razor sharp teeth whizzing past his neck and he quickly grabbed its throat, snapped it and let the body collapse on the ground.

Klaus was fighting four people at the same time with the professional look on his face, his brows furrowed in concentration as he dodged the oncoming punch and whirled around to rip two hearts of the opponents behind him in one swift motion. Klaus then landed a flying kick to other neck in front of him as he fell back and consequently threw in another punch to his face and reached for his heart, ripping it out with ease.

Damon regained his balance and saw Vincent make a dash for Mia. Over his dead body, Damon thought as he ignored the pain building right below his chest and hoisted himself up, his jaws taut as his fist swung towards Vincent and smacked him right down at his stomach. Damon quickly followed with a clean punch on his face and he spaced out for a moment. Vincent recovered quickly though as he dipped and went for Damon's legs. He jumped deflecting his move but Vincent caught him again and threw him against the tree.

The splitting sound of the impact made Mia wince as her head whipped in Damon's direction. Hot fury burned inside her and she projected it outside, her blood boiling and sizzling as she cut off the oxygen supply to her attackers in front of her. They choked, gasping for air, their hands clawing the air. Three wolves approached head on and Mia just narrowed her eyes at them, staring at them with purpose shining in her eyes as she heated their blood, bringing to a boil matching her own temperature and saw them spurting blood, their bodies convulsing with continuous fits of cough.

Damon saw her, her assault on anyone who crossed the line and reached within five feet of her. Her eyes roamed around the ground, spotting Vincent as she finally caught him moving towards Damon with determination. Mia took a deep breath, her body engulfed in flames of her powers as she let the hot, scalding fire form a barrier between him and Damon. Vincent gasped, taken aback and a lot of his men targeted Mia but as soon as they reached her, they either dropped dead or were thrown back, gusts of air forcing them out of the circle she had declared for herself.

Vincent saw the predatory look in her eyes and knew his time was up. He had to die anyway and if she could do it, then great. Let it be but his eyes made their way to Klaus. He knew, he wouldn't be able to depart this world without the cure that Katherine possessed. He faced Mia, letting go of his fight with Damon as he turned and Mia saw the defeat in his eyes. She took a step towards him.

"I know what you want," Mia started as she recalled her conversation with Klaus and Elijah from so long, "You need the cure from Katherine," she stated, "Because you want to be with Esther," she said and it sounded more like a fact she was telling rather than the question she should be asking. Did they really told each other everything? Vincent thought, How close they were really?

"I crave that cure," he replied, "I'm tired of living. I need to leave," he said and looked back to where Damon was standing, the flames that Mia had created dying out as she realized that he was no more of a threat to Damon. Vincent motioned with his eyes for the werewolves to stop and they froze right there. Klaus and Elijah both caught their breath as they eyed the interaction between Mia and Vincent. Damon slowly started to make his way to Mia, shaking his head slightly. How was he able to bring out the dark side in her?

"I can grant you a peaceful death," Mia said, "though to people like you, it's always painful," she was saying when Vincent cut her off.

"Not to people like me," he replied her, "not to the ones who await it."

Damon saw the glint in her eyes and he knew exactly what she was thinking and he was not having it. There was no way he was letting her do it. "Make me a deal," she asked him taking a step forward and Vincent regarded her with serious eyes but gave her a nod before the second was over. Mia continued, "You hand over your army to Niklaus just like promised before."

"He'd rather live forever," Klaus said with disgust and Vincent sighed.

"I don't hate you, son," he said in a soft voice and Klaus snorted.

"Oh, let it go, old man," he hissed, "I don't live for your approval."

Vincent wanted to say something but he knew it wasn't going to make much of a difference and he opted for silence, his eyes quietly making a deal with Mia who gave him a nod and Vincent went to his people. They gathered around him quickly and he named Klaus as his rightful heir and successor in case he died. He gave quite a motivational speech to all of them, making them promise that they pledge their loyalty to Klaus after his death. Mia listened to everyday and so did Klaus. At some parts, Klaus felt the pride in his father's voice whenever his name was mentioned but he brushed it off. What a piece of crap?

Damon came to Mia, his arm snaking around her waist, "Mia, don't do this," he said but Mia didn't reply, "You know what happened last time," he reminded her, "It kills you," he told her, "you know that, it sucks the energy right out of you and we're not connected. I can't help you," he pleaded.

"You are helping," Mia simply replied, "You always help," she put her hand on his face, her eyes searching his blue orbs.

At concluding his words, Vincent was hugged individually by every single member of the pack. Some eyes were misty, some just pained but Mia saw loyalty running deep, shimmering in their eyes and she hoped that this much power would be enough for Klaus. As soon as it was over, Vincent came to stand in front of Mia, "Your turn to hold up the deal," he said.

Mia took a deep breath and refused to think about the struggle that still lay before her, conjuring her strength and will power that she knew she needed. Elijah put his hand on Damon's shoulder and Klaus joined them as Mia closed her eyes. It was like Deja vu hitting her with full throttle. Silas' image formed in her mind, everything wrong that he had done and she realized that she still felt anger flowing through her whenever she thought about him. Mia strode towards him purposefully and out her hands on his chest and images with Silas hit her hard, torturing her.

The fire, hot pain erupted in Vincent's chest as he double over in agony, a scream rippling through the silent air. It was as if he was drowning in the hell he had created for himself. He felt the heated blood in his system spread through his limbs and his whole body. He felt stings all over his body like a thousand ants bit him at the same time. His eyes burned, his lungs heaving to have a gist of fresh air but all he felt was smoky stench that arose from his burning flesh. He opened his eyes to look at himself and everything looked normal from the outside but his insides were on fire.

His heart started beating faster and faster until it was pounding in his chest. He wanted it to stop. He wanted the torture to stop. He screamed, "Stop!" he yelled. Mia knew it was painful but that was what he wanted if he wanted to go to the Otherside and meet the true love of his life. Mia was exhausted, her body shaking as she tried to finish what she had started. It was as if someone was snatching all the energy she had, her glow dispersed and flickered, coming in and out of focus. Mia felt her herself draining as her breathing became ragged, her heart beat erratic.

Mia felt the cramps building in her abdomen as she convulsed her back in pain. It started as a discomfort that turned to mild pain and then horrendous agony and she knew she had to stop. She couldn't keep up for much longer. She was becoming overwhelmed and even started to panic a little but her hands fisted at Vincent's shirt as she pushed him slightly and his breath got stuck somewhere in his throat and he made a gurgling sound. Mia shot another blow of her magic to clot the blood in his veins and it worked as his blood stopped thrumming, his eyes rolled back as he collapsed on the ground and Mia fell with him as she felt the cramp that undid her.

Her hand made a grabbing motion and Damon held her, dropping to his knees beside her, "Mia? Mia?" his voice was panicked, "Talk to me, angel," he said, "Talk to me."

Mia shook her head, her hands clutching her abdomen, "Hurts. Too. Much," she spoke through her teeth. The searing pain in back crippled her as she gasped loudly and leaned on the dusty ground. Clutching her abdomen tightly, she tried to breathe through the pain. No, not like this, she thought with horror stricken eyes and panic boiling in her voice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Run - Leona Lewis
Superheroes - The Script