‹ Prequel: The Devil's Angel
Status: Hope you guys enjoy. Feedback will be appreciated. :)

Forever; The Devil's Angel

An Opening

Damon...Damon. Her heart was singing with every beat as she slowly moved. The thrill was flowing in her veins making her giddy. Would he remember, would he not? Would she be strong enough to talk when she saw him? Would she make any crazy, reckless move like jumping on him or could she resist the pull with which he drew her in every time? She could barely concentrate on the mission on hands as her mind kept going to the questions she didn't know how to answer.

It was dark and the forest was thick and dense so much so, it was hard for the silver moonlight to touch the ground and illuminate her surroundings yet she walked, foot in front of foot. She wasn't afraid, no. She just didn't know what to expect and just the thrill of being here, walking on the Earth's soil had her dizzy.

She looked around but still found nothing. Could she just leave? "Mia," Cam's voice startled her and she jumped, turning around to pin him with her glare. "What?" she asked through clenched teeth. Cam shrugged and pointed to right, "There," he said and Mia's eyes followed his line of vision. She stood on the tips of her toes to take a better look around.

"What's that?" she asked looking at a building. It wasn't much of a building and more like ruins of one. The right wall was completely demolished. The blackness on wall and hanging cobwebs gave it a creepy and haunted look as the place had been abandoned for years. She took a step forward towards it but Cam held her by her arm.

"No, not going there," he said and Mia tilted her head.

"Are you scared Cam?" She asked but there was smile in her voice and he narrowed his eyes on her and pulled her back.

"No, silly," he said when her look changed from amused to irritated, "We're here to see if we find anything about Vincent's wrong doings not for him to find about us and change his whole damn strategy."

"Well, we're not finding any," she almost whined.

"I know. I can see that," he replied rolling his eyes.

"Yes, so can we go?" she asked raising her eyebrows and making puppy dog eyes at him, her lips pursed together. The look drew out a chuckle from Cam as he shook his head and Mia groaned.

"Yes, we can. You impatient little angel," he smiled but the look was wiped away from his face when Mia suddenly tensed, her eyes taking the same vacant and heart breaking look in them. Nobody called her angel, nobody except him and she hated it when someone else did.

She drew in a shaky breath as she bit down on her lip to stop it from trembling. She was close. So close. After months and months of waiting she was finally back here and she wanted nothing more than to see him and here she was, wasting time with nothing at all in a deep, dark forest.
She closed her eyes and sighed but the images replayed themselves in her mind and it was the sweetest kind of painful torture. Everything she loved about him, everything she missed, she could see and feel when she hid behind her closed eyes, blocking the world.

"Mia, I'm sorry," Cam started realizing his slip, "I shouldn't have said that," he ran his hand through his hair in a helpless gesture, "I don't know what I was thinking," he said, "I just...it just slipped..."

"It's ok," Mia whispered, slowly opening her eyes. "Just don't call me that again," she requested softly but her eyes were pleading with him.

He nodded, "Come on. Let's take you to Florence," he said, reaching for Mia's hand but it stopped midway when he saw a figure moving behind the tree from the corner of his eyes. Mia saw it too and took a few steps closer to Cam.

"Who's that?" Mia asked.

"Hush," Cam hushed her as he took a step forward and almost unconsciously pulled Mia behind himself.

"Take this offer to Marcel," the figure said to another man standing in the shadows, "I have nothing more to offer you," he paused, "But I'm sure, it'll be easier for you to figure all the things out stating the fact very carefully that an immortal in your team will help things," he said.

Mia looked at Cam and raised her eyebrows in a silent question. "Vincent, who else?" Cam replied, his eyes staring hard at the figure.

Mia took a deep breath as she averted her gaze from Cam to the figure, very slowly. She clenched her fists at her side. "Looks like we have another immortal at our hands."
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think. I go on because of your comments, subscriptions and recommendations. Your involvement is everything so please keep it going. :)
I definitely promise you some 'Damon and Mia' in the next chapter. Thanks all. <3