‹ Prequel: The Devil's Angel
Status: Hope you guys enjoy. Feedback will be appreciated. :)

Forever; The Devil's Angel

Sweet Revenge

Heaviness settled deep in her and it was everywhere, her shoulders pushing her down, her gut twisting and her head throbbing but never in her life, had she been this clear about something. She finally knew where she stood and that filled her with an awe, a sense of accomplishment. Taking a deep breath, she ruffled her hair, running a hand through her messy brown locks and squared her shoulders.

She had always been the self-confident, self-reliable, comfortable in her own skin type but it was getting hard to draw a line from what she was to what Mia was. She didn't want to lose herself because in all those lonely years, she was all she had. Well, Katherine was there but she pushed her out of her mind. That sneaky bitch didn't even deserve a single thought from her.

She felt so small, so little and vulnerable in flat sandals as opposed to high heels she had always worn. Somehow, heels made her feel confident and sexy, more approachable and open. Heels oozed of hotness, sexuality, that kiss me now vibe that exhilarated her. She looked at her legs again feeling self-conscious as she sighed. She missed how heels accentuated her legs, gave her that bouncy, saucy, confidence gait. Her eyes fell on hand nails and she suppressed another pitiful sigh. She really wanted to try that new emerald green nail color she bought for herself. Damn Mia and her pathetic plain or nonexistent fashion sense.

It wasn't even a second longer that she had stepped into the warm, cozy room that Damon was in her face and Maya stumbled back a step, a gasp escaping her as she looked at him with wide eyes, "What the..." she stopped herself short. Focus, Maya, focus. Mia would never say 'What the fuck?' Why? She didn't know but she knew that Mia never cursed. Straightening herself, Maya spoke, "You scared me, Damon."

"I've been looking, Mia," he said sharply but somehow Maya could still feel the softness to it, "For an hour now," he said as he looked at her hard gaze but when she said nothing, his blue eyes soften and whispered in a low voice, "I was...worried."

Maya was enraptured, her senses flying everywhere. Oh, this was bad. The guy was so hot and then he had this caring side to top it off. Lucky bitch, Maya thought, "I," Maya broke her connection with his sapphire blue orbs to gather her thoughts, "I just needed some air," she told him with a shrug. Damon narrowed his eyes at her and Maya's heart started booming. Did she say the wrong thing? Wouldn't Mia say something like that? Explain herself?

"And you couldn't take me with you...Because?" he tilted his head as he scrutinized her, "You know they're gonna come after you now," he said, "We need to be prepared and we need to stick together," he clapped his upper hand on his other palm to make a point.

"I know," Maya said as she walked around him but he turned right with her, standing in front of her again, "I didn't want to disturb you. You were sleeping and so was the..." she started saying and then smiled. Yes, that was it. Take his mind off her by bringing the baby into the talk. Yeah, this could work. Distract him with the baby.

Damon saw the smile that illuminated her as she thought about the baby and he felt warm to the core that he was blessed with this moment. He and his daughter...he still couldn't believe he was a father and had a freakin' daughter but they were both loved so completely by this woman standing in front of him, looking radiant as ever. It was as if she was not sick and close to dying just few hours before. She was all healed up, stronger and beautiful.

"She's something else," Damon said the words as he turned to look at her peacefully sleeping daughter. He put his arm around Maya's waist and she felt an odd feeling overwhelming her. Did Mia live through this kind of life...this kind of feeling every day? "Come on, baby girl," he said to the sleeping child in a cooing voice and Maya's heart melted but she felt a sting. Did her father ever look at her the way Damon was looking at his daughter? Would this girl grow knowing that she was her father's world whenever he looked at her? That his eyes sparkled and his voice bled love for her?

"Meet your Mommy," Damon cooed as he held up the baby in his arms and kissed her head and extended it to Maya, "She's a beauty, isn't she?"

"Yes," Maya's voice cracked because of the feelings that choked her.

"I was telling her about you," Damon chuckled and Maya snatched her eyes from her to Damon and he shrugged, "I told her that her Mommy is the most beautiful person I've ever seen and the most beautiful I've ever met and known, that I hope one day she would grow up to be like her."

Maya wanted to cry and hell, she wasn't a cry baby. She didn't even remember crying in her entire life except when she found out the truth from Mia and Elena but that was it. Her breath hitched in her throat, her emotions clogging her, "She has, uh, your eyes," Maya stated because she couldn't hear Damon say these words about Mia, someone who was gone now and replaced by...what? She questioned herself. What was she? Who was she?

"Yeah, well, Fiorella said it could change with age," Damon replied and Maya furrowed her eyebrows at him, confused, "I've become partial to the good'ol brown," Damon shrugged as Maya took the little girl in her arms and a small smile formed on her lips, "Say her name, angel," Damon said, "Call her by name."

Maya sighed as she felt the guilty needle in her heart and she swallowed. It had been just her few minutes here and she already wanted to bolt out. How did she ever thought that she could keep up this charade? It was crazy. The more she stayed here, the more she felt and feelings were gonna get her nowhere. Damon asked her again, his eyes on the baby and Maya bit her lip. Her mind went to Mia, when she was screaming to let her go because she hadn't even held her daughter. She remembered the name she had cried for once during her pleas.

"Kiera Salvatore," Maya spoke in a hushed voice and turned her wary eyes to Damon, looking for any clue that he might show her if he liked it or not. Damon's beat plummeted, his heart blooming inside his chest. There was someone to share his name with. Some other person connected to him had his name Salvatore and it caused a jitter in him.

Damon gave her an ear splitting grin, "Kiera," he tried the name saying it almost like a prayer, "It's perfect," he placed a kiss on Maya's temple and she closed her eyes. This was getting worse with every passing second and her theory proved correct when Fiorella and Annalisa entered the room, their eyes dancing as they fell on Maya holding the baby.

"It means dark haired beauty," Fiorella said as she came and hugged Maya whose breath stalled. This was the woman she had hated all her life and standing with her was the girl who had hated her guts since forever but they were both looking at her now like she was some precious gem and then Maya realized bitterly that it wasn't her. These looks were for Mia not her and she felt her heart crack. What does a person had to do in this world to get love like this? In all forms?

"Oh, she's dark haired, alright," Damon smiled and Maya stood there thinking of some way to get out of there but what could she do? She couldn't bring Mia back. There was no way now. She was stuck here or she could just tell them that Mia was a goner and...and what? Oh, God! She came to realization that she had snatched a mother from a baby who needed her mother. She had made Kiera into someone like her, someone whose mother was never there. She had taken her mother from her. She was a monster.

"Is she awake?" Elijah entered as soon as he saw her standing there with little girl in her hands, he smiled at her, "Congratulations, Mia," he said but Maya couldn't move or say anything. She was frozen. This person had caught her in the act once before and he could easily do it again.
Elijah didn't want to interrupt in their family moment so he cleared his throat and smiled in Maya's direction once again, "I'll leave you with your family," he said and Maya refrained from rolling her eyes. Family? What family? She never had a family but it wasn't a time to think about it as she diverted her thoughts to have some change of scenery, to do something that she was good at.

"Hey," Maya called after him, "What about Vincent?" she asked and Damon glowered at her. How could she even think about that at this very moment? Was she crazy? Didn't she have enough of death facing drama for one day? How could she still think of endangering her life after holding Kiera in her arms? Somehow, it had changed things for him and he thought she would feel the difference too. Well, guess not.

"You've gotta be kidding me?" Damon almost hissed.

Maya's heart jumped. Wrong thing to say? She wondered, "I-I want to go home, Damon," she used her cajoling tone but it sounded more flirty. That was the one she had perfected, not this cajoling and all lovey dovey voice.

"Then, let me take you home," Damon closed in on her, leaning forward breathing in her space, their nose almost touching and Maya felt her toes curl. Whoa, this was hot. His scorching gaze were melting her insides but she held her ground and then his eyes flickered to her lips and Maya came close to lose her train of thought.

"Have to do this," her voice came out breathy. Damon raised his eye brows at her, "I'm better now," she argued.

"I'm coming with you, then," Damon stated in a dead voice when he saw no way out of it and if he admitted it to himself, she was right. She had to finish this and go home with him. Home? She had a home with him and he...he had a family with her. Damon couldn't think of any moment that could surpass the happiness he felt at this one.

Seeing the serious glaze returning in his eyes, Maya didn't know what he was thinking and that really put her off her game. She looked away from what she thought was his calculating gaze, like he was trying to figure it out, figure her out and Oh! She couldn't let him. Just then, Annalisa came forward as she picked Kiera from Maya and held her close.

"Go," Annalisa said, "Make sure it's over and come back. Kiera needs you," she continued and Maya closed her eyes as the very familiar guilt crept inside her. Damn her. Damn them all.

Maya gave her a nod and started to move, following out Elijah through the tunnel into another dimly lit room where Klaus stood with four people right behind him, their arms crossed and Vincent laying on a bed at the corner of the room. Klaus suddenly came in for a sudden hug and Maya was taken aback. He was not the hugs kind of person but she let it go. With Mia, who knew? She had turned the badass that Katherine ran scared from, hugging her.

"It's amazing, the little miracle, isn't it?" he smirked at Maya.

She smiled and shrugged. She had only half an idea of what he was talking about, "How's..." she started to ask about Vincent but Elijah beat her to her question.

"He's fine, Mia," he walked and stood beside Klaus mistaking her question as to if she was asking about Klaus' boy, "Little Noah is very fine."

"It's Noah Cole Mikaelson," Damon said from her side, telling her about the name and Maya smiled as Klaus asked for the name of their little princess.

"Kiera Skye," Damon replied as he added ‘Skye’ to her name because in all honesty, the complete name of his daughter made sense to him, she was a dark haired savior, an angel that came from the skies for him.

Maya on looked the scene in silence. It was very domestic and familial. It was enchanting, really. Having family, friends, loved ones. It was really a blessing. A blessing she never got.

"It's quite lovely," Elijah said, "Kiera Skye Salvatore."

"Let's finish the job," Damon let out a breath, "I gotta take my girl back home," he smiled in Maya's direction who sighed in relief. Thank Heavens for that for she couldn't handle these family moments and pleasantries. She had to kill Vincent, earn their trust and gain some confidence. She had to make this work.

With a nod, Elijah waved to Maya to go ahead. Maya moved in small deliberate steps as she reached Vincent's body. He needed Mia's blood to truly die but she was no Mia. Thankfully she had taken out small vials of her blood when she took all her powers, leaving her to die and she had Katherine to thank for that one for she was the one to let her on the plan about how Vincent wanted to die and Mia was the only one who could kill an immortal without a cure.

In incognito mode, Maya took out a vial, her eyes trying to be everywhere as her fingers curled around the vial that had Mia's blood and put it on Vincent's mouth quickly before anyone could come and see what she was doing. They would kill her without giving her a chance to explain if they found out that she wasn't Mia but the twin they all loathed and what was she going to explain anyway?

Her heart was thundering in her heart but she did her job and turned around, a smile appearing on her face. Damon rushed to her and she saw the concern floating there which did nothing but constrict her heart as he took her wrist in his hand and looked at her skin. He raised his face to her when he saw nothing but perfect skin there, "Healed so fast?" he asked and Maya averted her eyes as she gave him a small nod.

Klaus clapped his hand, "His army finally belongs to me," he declared, looking at the four bulky guys standing behind him who bowed their heads but their eyes remained hard, glazed. Elijah looked at Klaus. He had lectured him on how to treat them, not as slaves or followers but as brothers. They were wolves. Loyalty and family were their strength and weakness.

Damon held Maya's hand in his as he raised it and placed a teasing kiss on her knuckles, "There's one thing more," Maya said and Damon gave her a nod, despite the small frown on his face. "Katherine," Maya said and everybody's ears perked up at the mention of that name. This was what she was waiting for, the expression on each of their faces as she said her name revealing clearly what they felt about her, thought about her and Maya couldn't fault them. She was a lying, manipulative bitch and well, she did lie to her too.

"What about her?" Damon asked.

"I need to kill her," Maya replied in all simplicity as she tried to contain the excitement in her voice, “She has done enough damage.”

"She's in the basement," Elijah informed them, "Somebody just left her all tied up, vervained in front of the house and we pulled her in," he said but Maya knew it all too well. She was the one who had paid for her kidnapping and had asked to throw Katherine at Mikaelson's steps. She had lied to Maya a lot, ruined her life and it was time that she paid. She didn't even expect that Maya could do something like this but Maya knew she was the only one that could ever really defeat Katherine and to beat her at own game was an opportunity she wasn't going to miss.

"I need to meet her," Maya said and they all agreed readily. Klaus asked the two guys from back to find and bring everyone back to the mansion as they four started to move out of the creepy yet memorable graveyard. Maya felt tingles all over her as she thought about it. She had taken down Mia. She was fooling everyone. She was going to torture Katherine. Despite all her faults, Katherine was too good a planner and she was right. Being powerful meant everything was possible. It meant a great deal and Maya could feel it, the power swirling in her hands.

It wasn't long before Maya was entering a dark, damp basement lighted with some candles that created funny shadows on the wall with their flickering flame and the wooden steps creaked under her weight alerting the face that looked at her in surprise, her eyes wide as she pulled at the chains that securely held her with the wall in the corner. She didn't look like Katherine and was really depressing for Maya to see but she deserved so much worse for everything she had done.

Katherine sighed when she saw Maya entering the room and rolled her eyes at her, "Well, you look good," she taunted her, "since last time I met you, you were in a pretty bad shape," she said and Damon stepped in with Maya, his fingers brushing hers as he grasped her hand in his gentle, yet sure grip.

"We have you to thank for that, don't we, Katherine?" Damon flashed his brow but his stature was rock hard, his eyes so venomous and filled with hatred for this person, "Actually, we have you to thank for every momentous occasion in our lives," his sarcasm was lost to no one but it didn't effect Katherine in any way.

"Damon," There was the Katherine Maya knew and loathed, "My sweet, sweet Damon," she said and Maya felt the flare in heart. Why would she say something like that? Did she honestly not know how much she had hurt him? Did she really have no regard for anyone? Oh, wait! She was talking about Katherine.

"I see some things never change, Katerina," Elijah's voice was hushed, yet deep and rough at the same time, thick and sweet like honey especially when he uttered her name. Maya saw Katherine's whole expression changing as she turned her eyes to look at Elijah and her mouth snapped open.

"Elijah?" Her voice was soft and Maya failed to recognize it. What part of Katherine was that?

"In flesh," Elijah replied, his eyes fixed on her and Katherine shook her head, her eyes blinking twice.

"I've missed you," she said and Maya raised her eyebrows. What the hell? Her head snapped to Elijah but she saw no expression there, no emotion. Not a flicker of it and Maya felt a little bad for her because this was the one thing she could relate too. They both had never actually knew love of any kind and if they ever found it, they pushed it away before it could hurt her. Survival. It was always survival.

"I've missed you too, love," Klaus made his entry, a moment that Maya was waiting for ever since she stepped in. This ought to be good. Katherine's chains rattled and she thrashed to free herself. Maya could see her labored breathing and her scared eyes. Clearly she could see what was coming for her but Maya saw the exact moment when Katherine realized that she was the immortal now. So, she knew nothing was going to happen to her and she calmed down at once. Well, wasn't she in for a surprise?

"Niklaus," she greeted him with a cool voice, "Pleasure as always," she gave her best version of smirk but it faltered and Maya felt for her. If it were her, she would've been terrified too but well, being Mia had its perks. Everybody loved her, she thought amused.

"Believe me when I say, love," Klaus smirked, "Pleasure is all mine," his eyes danced with amusement as they turned to Maya. Everything fell into place for Katherine. They were going to kill her...through Mia's blood. That's why she was here. Her heart stuttered in her chest as her wide eyes met Maya's and she saw them warming all of a sudden. Oh, yeah. She was gonna beg for her life and Maya wasn't going to spare her one little bit.

"You finally acknowledged my presence, huh?" Maya snickered at her and Katherine felt her blood boil. She couldn't bow down to this one. She was nothing. She had been defeated by her several times. She couldn't win now. Katherine wouldn't let her. Maya was here, Katherine knew that and she hoped that she would find her soon and come and save her, taking Mia's power and render her useless. She would see then how would she snicker at her.

"Mia," Katherine acknowledged bitterly, openly taunting her at the comment she made, "Must feel good," she said, "being where I was the last time."

"Oh, no. You got beaten up last time too," Maya replied not knowing what the hell had happened exactly but she had an idea because Katherine had told her the summary of the whole thing, "It's just gonna end very badly for you this time," Maya promised.

"I know you're all ganged up," Katherine said, "But haven't you learned anything yet, little angel?" Katherine's sultry voice was back and Maya smiled wickedly at her, her eyes full of peril, a look she was sure she got from Katherine.

"I love how you call me angel," Maya said and Damon's eyes snapped at her. Excuse me? He thought. Mia hated the word. She loathed it when anybody called her angel except him. She had even choked Klaus to death for it and had threatened him several times. His eyes scrutinized her face and Maya suddenly felt him tense at her side.

Her heart jumped to her throat. She had said something wrong. Something, Mia would never say. Her mind ran back to her last comment and she quickly realized the angel part for there was nothing else to make him doubt her. "And make me feel powerful and yet know nothing about my ability to finish your miserable, lonely life," Maya completed the sentence hoping that the situation with Damon would be quickly resolved.

Damon snorted, his head shaking. Ah! Mia. Full of surprises and twists. The things she said during her charged up state were sexy as hell and she looked tempting as sin a she put her hand on her hip and regarded Katherine with a cool civility. Katherine scoffed as she turned to Klaus, "It's low for you, Klaus," she stated in her insulting tone, "letting someone like this little girl do the dirty work for you," she degraded him, "I thought you were the best, big bad wolf who did..."

She was saying when Klaus rushed to her, grasping her neck in his death grip as he raised her up, her feet dangling and her arms stretched behind her bound by the chains, "Don't be disappointed, love. I do keep my promises," Klaus tilted his head, "and I will have my fun with you," he said with a smirk and let her down. Katherine's hand went to her throat as she rubbed her fingers there, soothing the pain and gasping in deep breaths. Her eyes went to the door again and Maya saw the hope flashing there and she couldn't help but smile at the little, desperate gesture.

"Not coming," Maya said with indifference, "Nobody is coming, Katherine. You're all alone here," she told her, "but you knew that already, didn't you? I mean, who would? Have you ever let anyone get close to you and how could they with your constant lies and manipulation?"

"You know nothing about me," Katherine hissed and Maya took a step forward.

"Don't I?" Maya dared her, "I'm standing here with three people from your past. People who loved you and what did they get in return? You let them down. All of them. You lied, you betrayed. You stood between the brothers and turned them against each other. Klaus and Elijah, Damon and Stefan and you never once regretted it," Maya clenched her teeth, "You never felt guilt...or anything for that matter."

Katherine looked at the three of them individually, her eyes swapping over them as she studied them. Damon and Stefan, yes, she was guilty. She was selfish and needy but she had to protect herself. Klaus and Elijah, on the other hand, not so much. They were what made her into the person she was when Damon and Stefan met her. Klaus destroyed her, broke her and Elijah did nothing. He just kept his brother, the hope that he could be redeemed. Katherine doubted it. People like Klaus never changed. Never.

"And not to mention," Maya bent her leg and jerked her head, "my naive look alike. She was so sure of you when I told her the truth about you and how you lied about Isobel and my mother," Maya continued, amazed at herself, at how easily she fell into Mia's character and played it so well, "She kept denying it but I think she saw the light soon enough."

Katherine's heart stuttered in her chest. No. She couldn't lose Maya like that. Maya wouldn't ever believe a thing that this bitch would tell her. Katherine had taught her again and again that Mia was a liar and would do anything to get herself out of the guilt or any feeling of misfortune. Maya trusted her and just a day before, they had a perfect understanding of what they were going to do. Maya was going to gain Mia's power and they were both going to rule the world together. She would've finally stopped running from Klaus, from the fear that he would kill her the way he slaughtered her family.

"I love Maya," Katherine said with so much force behind her words that Maya stopped for a moment, looking at her like she was a puzzle to some kind of mystery, "I love her as my own and I've always thought in the best of her interests. I gave her everything that she asked for. I made her..."

"A monster!" Maya shouted, "You made her a monster," she said about herself, "You made her do things she never wanted."

"She wasn't a prisoner," Katherine clenched her teeth as she spoke, "She did as she liked."

"You made her, a version of yourself," Maya replied, letting her angst out, letting her rage against Katherine flow free.

"She is her own person," Katherine said, "She was always her own person."

Maya let her words sink as she took several small steps towards her, gesturing Damon and others to stay behind and they did, quietly looking at her exchange with Katherine. "You once said that Klaus and you were the same, that you manipulated, that you thirsted for power, for control and you punished those who wronged you in any way but you said that your actions were driven by a singular place deep inside, that you were alone and you hated it."

Klaus was shocked to say the least. He didn't want anyone summarize his life for him especially in the way Mia had shorten it. Elijah saw the unease filling him and he put his hand on his brother's shoulder, "You're different now, Niklaus. You’re better," he assured him and Klaus gave him a nod but his eyes remained on Katherine. Did he really made her into what he was looking at?

"What do you see when you look at Maya?" Maya asked Katherine, "Do you see how same you both are?" she shook her head, "Do you realize that you've been to her what Klaus was to you but instead of making her run away from you...you put her in the keep closer category because you thought that she could bring you power and to get that, you lied to her about her father that he was some kind of selfish prick who knocked up her mother and her mother. You told her that she died, Fiorella killed her when she was all good and alive. You lied to her about her sisters, both Elena and Mi..." she paused and corrected herself, "and me."

Katherine stood still as she thought about it. Had she really done all of this? Did she really make Maya a version of herself? Snatching everything from her and lying to her? No, no. She loved Maya. She always had and everything that she had ever done was for...she paused. For herself. A lot of things were for her oneself but she was thinking about Maya too. Katherine knew she was just sweet talking herself out of it and as soon as the thought hit her, she felt the guilt gnawing at her, her stomach swelling up and she felt a little sick and then another realization cleared up for her as she raised her eyes to the girl standing in front of her.

Katherine's mouth fell open as she stared in disbelief, "How did you know all of that?" she asked.

"Everyone knows that," Maya replied in a low voice.

"How did you know that I said anything about me and Klaus being the same?" Katherine asked and Maya knew it was over. A smile graced her lips as they formed into a smirk, her eyes turning hard, calculating and the worst realization hit Katherine but she kept denying it in her head. It couldn't be. It could never be like that.

Maya crossed the few inches distance that was between them as she reached Katherine, their faces leveled with each other as they both glanced in each other's eyes. Katherine's were scared, guilty and incredulous while Maya's were cool, hard and to a little extent sad as she looked at the person who had meant so much to her before she found the truth about her.

"You were right, Kat," Maya said and Katherine gasped, "Power is addictive and revenge...revenge is sweet," Maya drawled out the words, her voice low and menacing. Katherine's eyes widen and she felt like she couldn't breathe, her throat constricting with clogging emotions and choking fear. It was Maya. This was Maya. All this time, she thought Mia was talking trash but it was Maya trying to get in her head. Maya had done it. She had taken Mia's powers and was staying amongst her friends posing to be Mia. She had achieved all that Katherine wanted her to but in midst of it all, she had found out the truth about her and had turned against her.

Katherine jerked when she saw the small vial, pink liquid swirling in it. Fear charged in her, coursing through her veins like hot, thick liquid burning her with so much intensity Katherine wanted to scream out loud. Her eyes were so wide, Maya thought they would fall out her socket but she could care less about her as she raised the vial to her lips, "No!" Katherine screamed and Damon cringed at her voice. He kept telling himself that she deserved it. Nobody else deserved it more but there was a part of him, the smallest one that felt bad. Damon saw the look on Elijah and Klaus' face and realized he wasn't alone in feeling that way. They both with their much deserved and understood hatred felt pity for her too.

"No!" Katherine screamed again, "No, Maya don't," she said, "She's not Mi..." she was saying when Maya's heart drummed in her chest. In her hurried attempt to shut Katherine up, Maya thrust the bottle in her mouth and used her hand to forcefully shut it, breaking the glass vial between her teeth, making sure that the liquid cure got inside her system.

Maya sighed as Katherine's eyes rolled back and she drew a shaky breath before she fell unconscious at her feet. She had done it. She had gifted Katherine with the one thing she hated the most. She felt euphoria flowing through her veins. She had avenged herself and Mia too. She had taken her revenge from Katherine for everything she had done to her and she felt lighter as she ignored the part of her that screamed her unfairness towards Katherine. She suppressed that feeling and turned to face the three vampires standing there.

Her whole body was on edge. What if they question Katherine's last comment? She was practically shouting it at the top of her voice. What if they all knew now that she wasn't Mia but Maya? Her eyes were narrowed, darting as she looked at everything but those three. Damon closed the space between them in four long strides and gathered her in his arms, her arms encircling his neck automatically as if they had been doing this for centuries. He kissed her head, "I love you," he whispered and Maya felt warmth flooding her.

She struggled for the words to form, "Love you too," she said and then realized that they did rang true to some extent. It had been not even a day that she was with him and she was falling for him. She had always found him attractive and sexy. She remembered when she went to the masquerade ball with Katherine and how she wanted to just talk and be closer to him. She remembered the way he made her feel when they danced. It was one of the most peculiar but best night of her life.

"So Katherine," Klaus said as he came closer to them, "She didn't even stop at the end trying to make you into her sneaky minion," he said and Maya leaned back from Damon to look at Klaus, "Trying to make us doubt you, turn us against you," he shook his head.

She offered him a smile, "She's all your, Klaus," Maya said flashing her brows, "Just make sure she doesn't bother us anymore and stay human."

"Or dead," Klaus offered, "I'll teach that deceitful human some lessons before I make sure she closes her eyes forever."

"What about Marcel, brother?" Elijah asked, "What are you going to do about him?"

"I have a whole army of werewolves at my disposal," Klaus replied, "I doubt he and his fellow vampire would stand against me again. Wasn't he bit by the werewolf too?" Klaus thought about his last interaction with him but couldn't figure it out. Maybe, he was bitten and if that were true then, he would've died already and if not, well...either way Marcel wasn't a problem anymore.

"It looks like things could go back to normal again," Damon said and sighed as he looked at Maya, "Ready to go home, angel?" he smiled at her.

Maya smiled back as she put her head on his chest and let the fate take her wherever it took her. She had made some choices and she hoped that they were all worth it. They had to be, she thought as she snuggled closer to Damon and he held her hand, finally free to take her home and start living the way they always wanted. Alive. Free. Together as a normal family.
♠ ♠ ♠
Devil Within - Digital Daggers - It can go with the whole chapter but is specifically during the interaction between Maya and Katherine.
I had fun juggling with Maya's feeling in this chapter. Let me know what you liked?