‹ Prequel: The Devil's Angel
Status: Hope you guys enjoy. Feedback will be appreciated. :)

Forever; The Devil's Angel

Epilogue

6 Years Later…

"I know you're dreaming about me," Damon whispered, kissing her softly on the temple as he made his way back to her earlobe and gently blew air into her ear. He felt her shiver, something he felt to his own very deep core. Tucking the strand of her stray hair behind her ear, he whispered, "I may not be ideal dream but I love sharing mine with you," she felt the smirk form on his lips as he kept trailing along her jawline, placing butterfly kisses all the way, "although they wouldn't be innocent ones," he chuckled and saw a smile form on her lips. It still had the power to make him feel the impossible. It was that perfect.

Knowing that she was awake, he wanted nothing but to look into her eyes and feel like he was home, "Wakey wakey, sleeping beauty," he uttered against her warm skin, his hands resting on her curve as she chuckled and rolled onto her back, her eyes meeting his. She was exquisite laying in his huge bed, her hair everywhere, her chocolate brown eyes staring back at him dreamily as she raised her hand to his face, her soft fingers skimming his skin and he sighed at the perfection that moment offered.

"I will never get your obsession with Disney," Mia said, her voice thick with sleep but it hit all the right chords with him and he was glad that she was near as he lowered his face and kissed her in the most sweetest yet, passionate way.

"Well," he broke the kiss long enough to finish the sentence, "you were sleeping when I got back home last night and you're still in the bed," he pointed out as he kissed her again. It felt like months had passed since they touched like this and he didn't want to stop, at least not until he had to. Leaving her lips, Damon trailed along her jawline, making his way to her neck, the perfect spot he knew that drove her crazy.

"I know," Mia said as she slid her hands under his shirt, "I was tired. You did stay out pretty late?" she said and felt him stiffen a little before he regained his composure. He wasn’t up for discussion right now, not when things were going in that direction and he wanted to divert her attention to the things he was doing to her right now. "Is everything alright?" Mia asked because her curiosity could never be satisfied.

Damon gave her a nod, "Just hanging with the guys," he said as he teased her neck.

Mia closed her eyes as all her senses slammed into her and she moaned, "But Stefan was home when I got back," she argued anyway.

"Elena needed him home," he raised his face to look at her, "I would've come too but I knew you had gone to meet Cam," Mia felt his tone change upon Cam's mention as he shrugged. "How was it?" he asked though he didn’t want to. He knew there was nothing to worry about but he had never liked Cam anyway and him breaking the rules to come and meet Mia all incognito mode…yeah, he wasn’t a big fan of that but Mia was always happy to see him and her happiness at the end was all that mattered.

Mia smiled brightly at him as if she had received her Christmas present early. Her energy level doubled as she grabbed his face in both her hands, her eyes dancing at him. "Good," she said, "You know Cam. He has loads of stories to tell," her voice was oozing of happiness and Damon felt that whatever story he told her was actually important to her. He straightened up and she came up with him, "He met Maya," she blurted out.

Damon was shocked to say the least, "He did?" His eyebrows met his hairline as he stared at her open mouth.

Mia crossed her legs, her hands dropping, "The Deity gave him the permission," she said, "She's not suffering, Damon," her voice was so light, so happy and why not? Damon understood the sacrifice Maya made for them and he was glad that she wasn't suffering anymore, "It was all for the show. Cam said that the Deity knew the truth all along that she was posing as me to save my life. He did all to calm the angels, to send them a warning that this was wrong and is punishable but in actual," Mia paused for a second before continuing, "He forgave Maya for the sacrifice she made for me, Damon. For Kiera. For us."

"And nobody's gonna hurt you?" That was the one thing that had been haunting him ever since he got her back that they would realize their mix up and come for Mia again.

"No, everybody up there is appeased," Mia smiled.

"It still took Cam six years to find the truth," Damon whispered to himself.

"Well, it wasn't..." Mia was saying when she got cut off by the screams outside.

"Daddy! Daddy!" Damon's wide eyes met Mia's as they conversed silently. Mia saw the panic flashing in his eyes as he dashed outside in a flash and she quickly got off the bed and on her feet as she threw on the robe and rushed downstairs to the garden where Kiera sat, her scraped knee bleeding. She stopped short when she saw Damon sitting on his feet in front of her as he examined the injury.

"What happened?" he asked.

"He pushed me," Kiera pointed towards the boy with dark blonde hair standing at the distance, his hands in his pocket in a casual manner as if he couldn't care less about what was happening.

"I did not," Noah replied in a raging tone. Why would she lie? She always did this, put him in trouble so that everyone would give him a good scolding and by everyone he meant his mommy, the one who wanted him to be the supposedly better guy. Why couldn't Kiera be for once the better person among them? But no, she was the devil with all her scheming to make him suffer.

"What did you do, young man?" Caroline stormed outside brushing past Mia who was standing against the door frame, on looking the scene that played in front of her. Klaus came to stand beside her, his signature smirk gracing his features, bringing out the bad boy vibe in him. He bumped his shoulder to hers playfully, "Today's dose of drama," he chuckled, his eyes crinkling with amusement as he nodded towards Kiera, Damon, Noah and Caroline under the sunny, blue sky.

"Nothing," Noah said in an exasperated tone, "She's lying," he said defiantly.

"You're the liar," Kiera quickly added and turned to Damon from Noah, "He's the liar, Daddy," she said because in all honesty, he had lied to her. He had been a jerk to her. Now, she didn't know what jerk meant but she had a fair idea. She had heard Aunt Caroline say the word to Uncle Klaus two years ago. It didn’t sound like a good thing and when she had said it out loud once, she remembered that daddy had told her not to say it ever again especially in front of Mamma. So, she figured it was not a good word and Noah was definitely not good here.

"Don't talk like that," Damon used a stiff voice but he had to admit, his voice and tone was not the most aggressive and rough in front of Kiera.

Kiera's lower lip trembled as she looked at her daddy with tear filled eyes, "But he said I'm not a princess," she complained.

"He said what?" Damon's brows shot up as he listened to her words. That's why they were fighting about. Really?

"He said that he's a prince but I'm not a princess," Kiera admitted to Damon as the first of many tears fell on her cheeks, leaving a trail.

"Because you're not," Noah shrugged his shoulder, "My dad is the king," he said, "That makes me a prince," he pointed to himself proudly but he felt like there was something wrong. He always felt like this whenever Kiera cried. Now, he didn't like her at all and at times she was stubborn, pushy and total childlike but he didn't want to hurt her. Well, not enough to make her cry anyway because he did want to hurt her whenever she acted like...well, a little too Kiera.

"Oh God!" Caroline wanted to smack her head into a wall or something. This was all the commotion about? About some lame title that nobody cared about and which meant nothing. Her eyes turned to Klaus and she scowled at him before turning back to the problem at hand. She will deal with him later. Klaus shook his head at them and Mia saw the smallest of smiles forming on his face as he listened to his favorite child talking and the glare that Caroline sent his way only doubled his amusement.

"But Mamma said that I'm your princess, Daddy," Kiera argued with Damon, her eyes sparkling with tears and her voice was small, vulnerable that despite the issue being non existing in its being, Damon still wanted to smack some sense into little Mikaelson's head for messing with his daughter, "She said to Aunt Elena that I'm daddy's princess," Kiera finished with a sniffle.

"Yes," Damon shook his head, a smile forming on his lips as he heard Mia's remark about him, "Yes, you are my princess," he told her and started to get up, "Now, let's get you cleaned up," he went off to pick her up and take her inside but Kiera stopped him short as she turned to Noah and poked her tongue at him. She wanted to do that little discreetly but Mia and Klaus both saw the gesture of victory from her and a chuckle bubbled out of them.

"Don't ever lie, ok?" Kiera said sweetly to Noah, "You're not a prince," she gave him a nod as to say that I've made my point.

"Please," Noah rolled his eyes, "Princes and princesses do not go crying to their daddies when hurt. They handle it themselves," he raised his brows at her and gave her, his best version of dimpled smile. Kiera looked harshly at him as if boring a hole in his body but when his eyes didn't waver from hers, she gave up and a small whimper escaped her lips.

"Great," Damon and Caroline both whispered at the same time.

"Ok," Caroline interfered with her arms spread as she smiled at both the six years old standing, "Now, why can't you both be a prince and a princess?" she suggested in her happy tone as she waited for them to respond but her brows rose when she didn't get one.

Filling the awkward silence, Damon clapped his hands, "Wonderful," he exclaimed, "Ta-Da. Problem solved," he beamed at everyone and bent down to scoop Kiera in his arms again, "Let's get you inside," he said.

"But he can't be a prince!" Kiera huffed. Why couldn't they understand?

"Why not?" Damon sighed, his smile turning to a frown as he looked at her.

"Because I don't like him," she replied matter of factly.

"I don't like you either," Noah replied sharply as if even the idea repulsed him.

"Ok," Caroline sighed, "Calm down. Geez!" she threw her hands in exasperation, "Does this happen with all the kids or did we get a special lot?" she questioned no one in particular but did she want a good answer for that?

"I don't want to kiss him, Daddy!" Kiera said suddenly as almost all pair of eyes turned to look at her.

"What the?" Damon stopped himself from actually cursing in front of her and blinked twice, "This is one image I do not want in my head," he whispered to himself.

"Daddy!" Kiera took a long breath because really, her parents didn't know anything and she had to explain everything to them, "Cinderella is a princess and has a prince that she likes. Snow white has a prince. Aurora has a prince," she counted each princess on her little finger and turned to look at Noah and then back to Damon, "but I don't like Noah," she said, "So, he's not a prince."

Damon looked at her dumbfounded. What the hell was he supposed to say to that? His eyes found Mia's from the distance on their own accord as he gestured for her to calm Kiera because she knew how. Somehow, she always knew.

With a smile, Mia finally decided it was time to break the party as she made her way to Kiera and Damon and sat on the grass, her face leveled with Kiera's, "Honey, having a prince you like doesn't make you a princess," she told her as she cupped Kiera's face in her hand, "Prince and princesses are just people who are special. Now, you are very special to all of us but so is, Noah," she said.

Kiera shook her head, "No," she said again but Mia rose a little to plant a kiss on her daughter's cheek.

"You are a princess, Kiera, mine and daddy's but you have to know that Noah is prince to his mom and dad," she was saying when Kiera cut her off again.

"But I don't like him, Mamma," she said.

"You don't have to," Mia said softly, "He's just a prince. Not your prince," she waited for her daughter to understand the small difference she was trying to convey to her and a smile lit up her face when saw the sparkle returning to Kiera's eyes. Looking at each other, Kiera gave her a nod and Mia kissed her again, "Now, why don't you go with daddy and get your wound all cleaned up?"

Kiera looked at Damon with her big, wide eyes and he took her hand as he started to move when Kiera tugged him towards Noah's and he went willingly, knowing what she wanted. She stopped in front of him, "Sorry," she mumbled and looked at Caroline, "He didn't push me," she clarified, "I fell when I started to run after I pushed him," she admitted in a small voice so that she wouldn't scold Noah for what was her fault.

Caroline looked dumbfounded at her for a moment before sighing. They were so dramatic, these two but she smiled, "It's ok," she said. Kiera smiled at her and told Damon that she was ready to go when Noah cleared his throat. Kiera looked at him but he was staring at the ground, the tip of his foot making circles in the grass. He raised his eyes at her bashfully, "Sorry, I made you cry," he said quickly as to get it over with.

Kiera's smile was brighter than the sun as she heard it and quickly pecked his cheek and Damon scooped her little body, "Ok, little princess. Time to go," he said pushing the image out of his mind that Kiera had planted before, during her battle of words. He was Klaus' son for God sake and she was his daughter, his ray of light, his little angel. His princess.

"Was he jealous of my son?" Klaus asked in a cocky tone, smirking at Mia as she entered.

Caroline lightly slapped his head, "Shut up, Klaus," she said, "Little Kiera hate your son's guts."

"They all start with hate, love," Klaus remarked, "Look at us," he smirked and Caroline glared at her while Mia rolled her eyes.

"I'll be careful, Nik," Elijah said, "Don't grate on her nerves. You remember what she did on Thanksgiving two years before?"

"With a certain knife?" Annalisa wriggled her eyebrows as she teased Klaus, Matt chuckling beside her, "And a certain Original?"

"Who popped the question?" Elena joined in the fun as she sat on couch's arm.

Klaus remembered that night. They had a fight just in the morning and he kept taunting and teasing her. He just loved to rile her up. Temper suited his blonde, he thought wryly and then during another argument at the table while she was carving the turkey, he proposed her which created the most deafening silences he had ever heard and it ended with the slicing sound of his skin and a painful groan that erupted from his lips, 'That's not how you pop the question. Jerk!"

"I don't know," Klaus shrugged, "I remember that as a very satisfying and colorful night," he winked at them and Annalisa groaned, burying her face in Matt's shoulder as she clenched her eyes. She remembered that too. She had taken the Noah caring duties for the night as they both had made up from their fight and she pushed away that memory. It was just too much for her to handle.

"The red one being prominent with all the blood you lost," Matt replied with a jerk of his head as he encircled Annalisa's waist and pulled he close but Klaus ignored his comment, his eyes fixed on Annalisa's annoyed expression and he chuckled to himself.

"Who asked you to date a human, love?" he asked Annalisa, "You would know all about satisfying," he paused as he winked at Matt, "and colorful nights if you were dating, let's say someone more," he tilted his head, "Original," he said, starting with their special traits, "Better. Faster. Stronger..." he kept on adding the attributes while Caroline glowered at him from the other corner of room.

"Uh oh," Mia exclaimed, wriggling her eyebrows towards Elena and Annalisa as she noticed the death glare Caroline was giving Klaus.

Elena beamed. "Stefan!" she called for him, "Would you put away the knives?" she chuckled, "Someone's getting pissed."

"Words!" Caroline and Klaus both shouted at Elena seeing Noah eating chips quietly, sitting on the couch.

"Jinx!" Caroline exclaimed and smiled coyly at Klaus who shook his head, feeling his heart bloom. He loved the way her eyes sparkled whenever she beat him in something as trivial as saying 'Jinx' to something. He smiled. This was good. This was very, very good. There were a lot of bumps in his life but in the end, he had found his happily ever after which was not perfect, he knew that but it was far more than what he deserved and he felt sheer ecstasy every time he took a moment to realize it.

His eyes went to rest on Elijah, his brother, his savior; the one who stuck with him through the darkest parts of his life and never gave up hope or strength needed to pull him away into the light. And his light, his own blood, his son. He sighed. Sometimes at night, he still heard the cries of a little girl and woke up covered in sweat and fear, the guilt that clenched him at not being able to save her but he found Caroline at his side every time as she would sit up with him and let him cry, share his sorrows and kiss away his darkness.

Mia smiled as she took in the scene before her and warmth crept up her heart spreading to her body and she enveloped it as she put her head on Fiorella's shoulder beside her and her mother patted her cheek affectionately. "They are unbelievable," she whispered to herself, her head shaking and Fiorella took her hand in hers, "and ridiculous," she smiled at her mother who gave her a nod.

"But perfect," Fiorella added and Mia sighed contently.

"They are family," Antonio drew out the sentence from her side, finally raising his eyes from the book he was reading. “Families are ridiculous and unbelievable," his eyes flickered to Fiorella who snorted at his comment, knowing well what he was talking about. They had a fair share of the ridicule and weird stuff but somehow, like always, they worked on their issues and rose above them, "But at the same time you don't know what you'll do without them," he remarked and Mia smiled at the resonating truth behind his simple words.

Mia gave her father a nod as she noticed thousand emotions playing in Klaus' eyes and somehow she knew where his thought train was heading to but after all that played in his mind came a smile that was directed towards his family and she smiled to herself, the comforting way they all talked, the simple jokes and easy laugh they all shared. It was really like a family, a wonderfully perfect family.

"Gramma! Gramma!" Kiera ran to land on Fiorella's lap, "Look, what I got?" she raised her hand to show the strawberry lollipop in her small hand. Fiorella gave her the biggest smile as she picked her up and sat her on her lap.

"Hmm, a lollipop?"

Kiera dropped her voice to a whisper as she leaned in, "Daddy always give me one when I'm upset," she said in Fiorella's ears as if sharing a secret. Fiorella opened her mouth to say something but Kiera kept on, "Whenever I need it, I just cry," she admitted with a giggle then suddenly, her eyes snapped to Damon to see if heard her but he played it off and she smiled proudly at herself.

"Open!" she thrust the lollipop to Fiorella's face impatiently who was startled but shook her head at her granddaughter as she undid the wrapper.

Mia straightened and chuckled as she saw the interaction, "How do you feel?" she asked her daughter and Damon saw the smile on both his angels' faces. He felt a surge of happiness and thrill flood him. It was everything he didn't deserve once upon a time and everything that was his today.

"Daddy took care of it," Kiera said, looking proudly at Damon and got busy with her lollipop.

Mia smiled, "I know," she turned her eyes to Damon and he saw nothing but pure love and adoration dancing in her eyes, "Daddy always takes care of us," she said and kissed the top of Kiera's head as she got up and made her way to Damon whose eyes shone by just looking at her. She raised on her toes to kiss him affectionately while Kiera looked at her parents with hope and aspirations of her own, a lollipop in her mouth but dreams in her eyes.

Looking at his daughter, his own bundle of joy, his miracle, Damon put his arm around Mia and pulled her close filing away that moment forever because they were all perfect and completely blissed and happy. Mia was here, safe in his arms like she had promised him so many years ago and Kiera was everything he didn't know he needed and with them both by his side, he felt stronger and invincible, unlike ever before. More than that, he felt human and with that came all the feelings of goodwill, of the man he could be; a man worth loving, a person who could deserve someone like Mia and Kiera, someone better.

He took Mia's hand in his own and placed a gentle kiss on her knuckles, his lips brushing the cool metal on her finger as he eyed her ring. He sighed at the sight, at the sign that she belonged to him, that she was his and nobody else'. Following his line of vision, Mia looked down at her hand, the small piece of jewelry that rested there and raised her eyes to smile at him. It was magical, the single curve of her lips, the glint in her eyes like she was prying a secret out of him and sharing her own at the same time and like so many times before he felt a piece of his soul returning to him, sewing together his broken self.

He had been drifting on the black clouds, not a ray of sun reaching him. He was in a bad place and had become dark but Mia...She was his shining fill of light that took away the darkness only to harness the light inside him, the beautiful glow that radiated from her lit the darkest places of his being and like a flower that can't bloom without sun, he knew he couldn't survive without Mia. She was his sunshine, his eternal source of brightness that not only saved him but also brought him hope, love and everything he had craved all his life.

"I love you," she whispered seeing the dancing emotions in his eyes.

"I love you back, angel," he told her the absolute truth with his heart warming and pacing.

Mia chuckled, "With everything I've done, I don't fall in the angel's category anymore," she circled her arms around his neck, their bodies aligning perfectly.

Damon shook his head, "You'll always be an angel," he said. Even if she wasn't a real angel anymore, to him, she would always be his own, personal guardian angel who had saved him time and time again. He put his hands on her waist as he pulled her against him, their bodies touching in the most delicious of ways.

"Well, to think of it," she tilted her head, "I've been tainted with the devil's love so," she left the sentence trailing trying to remind him of something and he smiled at her knowingly because she might not know it but it was entirely impossible for him to forget anything she ever said to him. Yeah, he was smitten but he couldn't give a damn about it. He was happily smitten with her.

"The devil's angel?" he raised his brows remembering her words from so long ago.

"Hmm," she smiled radiantly at him when she realized that he did remember what they had talked about so forever ago.

"Why am I the devil again?" he had asked her. He knew why he was the devil. He had fed on her the first time he saw her and then tried to compel her to forget everything but he was surprised when it didn't work for him and he knew somewhere deep inside that she was special. He just didn't know how special. He also knew that she wouldn't ever let him forget that as she teased him about it so frequently but the truth of the matter was, he didn't want her to forget it either, not that he was going to admit it. Call it his guilty pleasure but her next response surprised him for instead of light teasing he expected, he got the seductive tone of her sweet voice in his ears.

"Because you make me want to sin," she brushed her lips to his jaw line just to get her point across and Damon felt the warmth filling up every pore on his body.

"Just promise me forever?" He asked because that was all he could ever ask of her. "That you'll remain this devil's angel, forever?"

Her voice was soft and perfect, "It's forever, Damon," and then she kissed him and everything was perfect, "Forever and always."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Ugh, it's over and I don't want it to be but well, I can't drag it any further and seriously, their happy ever after was long due.
I hope you guys enjoyed it but I can't know for sure, until you guys comment to let me know and I know some people un-subscribe the stories once its finished but please, don't because it really hurts to see the dropping hearts. Plus, I might, if I ever feel like visiting these characters again, write some sort of bonus scenes and hey, if you want to see some other scene from this series, do ask. If you have any question from me or the characters, do ask cause we're all here because of you. You guys are what made the journey special and made me want to write and share. So, thank you and I love you all. Recommend, subscribe, comment. Gimme little love, people. <3