‹ Prequel: The Devil's Angel
Status: Hope you guys enjoy. Feedback will be appreciated. :)

Forever; The Devil's Angel

Rekindling Flame

"You look lonely there," Damon rolled his eyes at the comment as he turned around to face her. "Care to make it better?" he smirked and she smiled coyly at him as she took a seat beside him.

"I'm Annalisa," she extended her hand and Damon took it with a smile. "Damon Salvatore," he offered his name in return.

"Damon," she tried his name and Damon raised his eyebrows at her. "Haven't heard that name before, is all," she shrugged. "So, Damon. What brings you to Italy?" she asked in her Italian accent.

"What tells you I'm not from here?" he asked motioning for the bar tender.

She laughed and he noticed it was a pretty sound, "It is very obvious," she mused, "Though the name Salvatore sounds like us," she paused and looked him over, "So, I take it. You have an Italian heritage but have settled somewhere in America, correct?"

"Do you always make assumptions upon meeting people?" he asked with a amused smile.

"Do you always answer a question with another question?" She asked tilting her head to the side and Damon chuckled as he studied her.

She was pretty with golden brown hair that tumbled gracefully to her shoulders. Her eyes were a mixture of brown and silver and they were entrancing and clear. He had never seen such color before and it was unique and beautiful. She smiled knowingly at him and he gave her a small smile when the tender came over.

"Same for me," Damon said as he looked towards Annalisa, "and..."

"Iced tea," she said and Damon raised his brows at her. She just shrugged and smiled.

"Ok. Iced tea for Annalisa here," he said with a tight smile. He didn't know why he had started to get uncomfortable. The girl was good to look at and nice to talk to yet with her interest increasing, he felt himself backing down. He didn't want to sit here and pretend everything was fine when it was not.

He needed to find his angel, whoever she was. That was a huge problem. He didn't know a thing about her, what she looked like, her name, where she lived, if she was even real or not? He inhaled deeply and tried to forget it but it was nearly impossible.

"So, how long are you here for, Damon?" Annalisa asked, pulling him back from his thought process as he blinked twice to adjust back into reality.

“I don’t know…” he started when his eyes fell upon her.

Brown hair...chocolate brown hair, that delicate but strong frame, the necklace that rested on her neck against her pale wheatish skin. Damon started to palpitate, his heart pounding, galloping, screaming.

His eyes were fixed on the girl standing on the opposite side of the bar with some guy who was saying something in her ear and she was shaking her head. He wanted to see her eyes to see if it was the same color that haunted him, sleep or awake.

"Where are you going?" Annalisa asked when Damon got up from his seat to make his way to the mysterious girl. He was so lost in the sight before him, he didn’t even heard the question Annalisa asked as his body moved towards the girl without a single conscious thought. She was something else.

"No, I'm fine. I can," she took a deep breath, "I can handle it," she said convincing herself.

"Is this guy bothering you?" His voice washed over her, sending a shiver to run through her shaking her to core. Her breath hitched in her throat as she struggled to turn to face him. He was close...so close. Her heart was warm and fluttering and jumping out of her chest but she couldn't move, couldn't breathe.

"I've loved you longer."

"I always thought of you as an angel," he said, "My angel."

“You” he paused, “You’re the devil’s angel,” he smiled.


"No, she's fine," Cam provided and Mia winced. She was not. She was not fine. She couldn't be, with things the way they were and the only person who could make it right...she couldn't face him. She thought seeing him would be easy. It will ease her pain if she saw him smiling and happy and alive but though she was happy at that fact, it was difficult.

Her scars were ripped open the moment she laid her eyes on him. He was smiling and he was happy and the girl he was with was happy too and that's what she wanted but the needles that pricked her heart said otherwise. She just wanted to go to tell him and make him remember and leave everything else but him. She wanted him so much…more than she ever wanted him before. It was like the thrill of eating that forbidden fruit and man was she dying for it, just one taste? She fisted her hand before she did something stupid.

"You better stay out of this. I'm talking to her," Damon said in his familiar seething voice by which she knew he was serious and not to be messed with.

He knew he could just leave but he had to see her eyes. He wouldn't leave before he saw that. He wouldn't leave. "Are you ok?" he asked again as he extended his hand to her shoulder.

Mia gasped, her body shivered. Chills ran through her, numbing her mind, eliminating the permanent pain and agony that resided in her as she turned around slowly, her breaths coming in short gasps. She gripped Cam's arm in a death grip, her nails digging into his skin as she tried to keep her balance.

She slowly raised her eyes bracing herself and the time stopped.

Brown...perfect brown. Perfect melted, delicious chocolate brown eyes and Damon struggled to breathe. They were the same. Same eyes...same hair. Something was stirring in his mind, struggling to unravel the mystery he felt towards her and he held onto that feeling, trying, demanding but silently, inwardly almost hopelessly.

Mia held her ground as she looked at him. His amazing blue eyes...the one she thought she would never again see stared at her. His eyes held clouds of confusion, his brows knitted together.

The air was thick around them and it pulsated with raw, passionate energy crackling around them, drawing them together as they were meant to be. They were both under a trance...a magical place...a dreamland of their own where nothing else existed, nothing else mattered.

Damon took a step forward almost unconsciously, his hand raising to touch her face as she leaned towards him. He didn’t know what drove him but the impulse to touch her, to feel her was so strong, so potent, he couldn’t stop, couldn’t resist and for some reason he didn’t want to, not yet.

"Mia," Cam interrupted, breaking the moment, "We need to go," his voice was panicked as he tugged at Mia's arm and pulled her to himself.

Damon’s eyes were almost sparkling with reason and understanding and he couldn’t risk it. He couldn’t stand there and see him remember her.
As much as he wanted that for Mia and to some extent Damon, he knew the results could be devastating. If anyone knew that she was here meeting up with Damon and if he remembered, he would be banished again from home and Mia would be cursed and Damon would be punished. It was wrong for him, for all of them.

Mia turned around angrily to scar him for eternity but one look at Cam and everything rushed back to her. Every second of the torture, every pain inflicted on Damon because of her, the reason they were what they were at the moment.

She parted her lips to say something but nothing came to her when with one desperate and pained look at Damon, her blue eyed devil, she turned towards Cam who pushed at the crowd desperately and let her outside.

Damon stood there, fixated on his spot. He couldn't believe what had happened, to him, to her. Who was she? He had never reacted that way to a girl before but she was so familiar yet so new, like he knew her but she was stranger. A somehow, known stranger.

The name rang loud in his head. "Mia, we need to go," he had said. Mia...miangelo. Miangelo. Mia...my angel. His angel with the same chocolate brown hair and those deep, soulful eyes.

He ran to the door after her but there was no sign of her. "Mia," he murmured but she had vanished into thin air. "Mia," he murmured again, clenching his hands so hard, his knuckles had turned white. He punched the wall beside him, feeling the pain shooting in his hand.

She knew him. That, he was sure of. The way she saw him, the way she shivered at his touch, he knew it wasn't from cold. The way she looked at him and the moment she leaned towards him as if she couldn't stop herself and the way he reacted. He knew he couldn't control himself and that was saying something as he was always in control.

Damon came back to his seat as he ordered himself another drink, a hollowness settling in him. It was like a withdrawal from drug, he needed to see her, to touch her. "I didn't know she was back in town," Annalisa commented.

Damon snapped his eyes to look at her, "You know her?" he asked knitting his eyebrows.

"Who doesn't?" She said in a disgusted tone, "She's Maya...and though you were nice enough to try to save her from whatever guy but you have to know, she's just Maya. She has a new guy with her every day and they all dote on her as if she is utter perfection," she scrunched her nose and pursed her lips in disgust.

"How do you know her?" Damon asked curious. She didn't look like that to him, the kind that Annalisa painted for him. Apart from the fire he saw in her eyes, there was something innocent and pure about her. He shook his head when Annalisa shrugged. "I don't. Nobody knows her. It's just…everyone knows a slut when they see one. They have quite a reputation."

Damon nodded as he chugged the contents of his glass and stood up. "It was nice meeting you, Annalisa but I have to leave," he said trying to be nice but somehow he couldn’t stand this girl anymore.

"Oh. Ok. Here's my number. Give me a call if you need something," she smiled. Damon eyed the piece of paper for a moment before he took it and put it in his pocket avoiding to answer as to why he didn’t want it. Why he didn't give as much as a damn about it?

"I'll be sure to," he said with a smile as he started to leave.

"Damon, leave Maya alone," she said in a sympathetic voice, "She's nothing but trouble," she informed him and he nodded. "Thank you, Annalisa. I'll do just that," he said but he knew it was a lie. He was going to find her and he was going to find her soon and this time he would make sure there's nobody standing in his way.
♠ ♠ ♠
When A Heart Breaks- Dave Barnes
So, it was just a glimpse but it gave Damon enough push to find the truth. What do you guys think he plans on doing? Plus, your overall opinion would mean a lot.
Subscribe/Comment/Recommend. Thanks for reading. :)